Official disclosure of extraterrestrial life is imminent

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Official disclosure of extraterrestrial life is imminent

Postby brekin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:02 pm

stillrobertpaulsen wrote:
Nasa ‘on verge’ of announcing alien life discovery, claims hacking group Anonymous
'We are on the verge of making one of the most profound and unprecedented discoveries in history', Nasa official quoted as saying
Narjas Zatat
a day ago
Anonymous says Nasa is “on the verge” of announcing the existence of extra-terrestrial life.
A YouTube account affiliated with the hacking group has released a video making the claim.
It cites statements made by associate administrator for Nasa Thomas Zurbuchen during a congressional hearing on ‘Advances in the Search for Life’ in April.
The collective quoted Dr Zurbuchen as saying: “Our civilisation is on the verge of discovering evidence of alien life in the cosmos.
“Taking into account all of the different activities and missions that are specifically searching for evidence of alien life we are on the verge of making one of the most profound and unprecedented discoveries in history.”
The video adds that a number of recent findings, including the presence of hydrogen in Saturn’s moon discovered by the Cassini exploration craft, as well as the existence of oceans on Europa, one of the moons of Jupiter, provide grounds for optimism humanity must be close to encountering life that is not native to Earth.
Last week Nasa announced the discovery of 219 new suspected planets outside our solar system, including 10 which share characteristics with Earth.
They are “rocky”, like our planet, and exist in their solar systems’ “Goldilocks zone’, the optimum distance from their star for the existence of liquid water.
Detected by the Kepler space telescope, it brings the total number of suspected exo-planets the machine has identified to 4,034, 50 of which are near-Earth-size habitable zone candidates.
In a statement, Nasa said: “Results using Kepler data suggest two distinct size groupings of small planets. Both results have significant implications for the search of life.”
Anonymous also spoke of the discovery of a star system near to our own via the red dwarf TRAPPIST-1, which may have seven planets like Earth orbiting it and is only 39 light years away.

The people who brought you news of Pizza Gate now bring you news of Star Gate.
And OP is from 2009. Thread title should be re-titled: Official disclosure of extraterrestrial life is NOT imminent
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby peartreed » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:12 pm

The latest alien life form is described as a portly orange-hued creature with whitened eye sockets, a blondish bouffant hairdo and stubby appendages. Its first words were translated as, “Take me to your leader. The bastard is one of us!”
peartreed

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:38 am

brekin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:02 pm wrote:
Nasa ‘on verge’ of announcing alien life discovery, claims hacking group Anonymous
'We are on the verge of making one of the most profound and unprecedented discoveries in history', Nasa official quoted as saying
Narjas Zatat
a day ago
Anonymous says Nasa is “on the verge” of announcing the existence of extra-terrestrial life.
A YouTube account affiliated with the hacking group has released a video making the claim.
It cites statements made by associate administrator for Nasa Thomas Zurbuchen during a congressional hearing on ‘Advances in the Search for Life’ in April.
The collective quoted Dr Zurbuchen as saying: “Our civilisation is on the verge of discovering evidence of alien life in the cosmos.
“Taking into account all of the different activities and missions that are specifically searching for evidence of alien life we are on the verge of making one of the most profound and unprecedented discoveries in history.”
The video adds that a number of recent findings, including the presence of hydrogen in Saturn’s moon discovered by the Cassini exploration craft, as well as the existence of oceans on Europa, one of the moons of Jupiter, provide grounds for optimism humanity must be close to encountering life that is not native to Earth.
Last week Nasa announced the discovery of 219 new suspected planets outside our solar system, including 10 which share characteristics with Earth.
They are “rocky”, like our planet, and exist in their solar systems’ “Goldilocks zone’, the optimum distance from their star for the existence of liquid water.
Detected by the Kepler space telescope, it brings the total number of suspected exo-planets the machine has identified to 4,034, 50 of which are near-Earth-size habitable zone candidates.
In a statement, Nasa said: “Results using Kepler data suggest two distinct size groupings of small planets. Both results have significant implications for the search of life.”
Anonymous also spoke of the discovery of a star system near to our own via the red dwarf TRAPPIST-1, which may have seven planets like Earth orbiting it and is only 39 light years away.

And OP is from 2009. Thread title should be re-titled: Official disclosure of extraterrestrial life is NOT imminent

I get what you're saying, but definitely not the same people. I have doubts that anyone in group a has any clue as to who anyone in group b is and vice versa.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby brekin » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Luther Blissett wrote:
brekin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:02 pm wrote:
Narjas Zatat
a day ago

I get what you're saying, but definitely not the same people. I have doubts that anyone in group a has any clue as to who anyone in group b is and vice versa.

I think you are right, I tried to rewind where I saw the links but the most was specious Anonymous iconography mixed in with PG breaking "exposé.
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous

Return to General Discussion