MC and delusions (loads of TRIGGERS)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby n0x23 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:37 pm

But I'd say the possibility of some people having 'delusions enabled' is a small price to pay for perhaps providing some comfort and outlet for those who have really suffered from MC and RA, and one doesn't have to look far to see evidence that there have been black projects and perpetrators of such crimes.

Yes, but this comfort is fleeting and insidious since it realistically preserves the suffering.

If one believes that they are bound in chains, but in fact the chains are an illusion, how does enabling the illusion of imprisonment help alleviate the individual's suffering?

Again, I am not calling the OP's experience into question, I am strictly focusing on the mind and its ability and/or inability to be controlled.
"No God no Brahma can be found
No matter of this wheel of life,
Just bare phenomena roll
Dependent on conditions all."
n0x23

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 23 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Your signature ("Zen horse"), norton ash, prompted me to include this piece on zen mind. Absent that signature, I probably wouldn't have felt compelled to surface it.

http://www.becomereal.com/zen.html

Zen mind is the "Natural" state of our beings: No self, no identity, no memes, no beliefs.

Any idea of "what is" takes us away from what is - to be in the moment, all ideas need to be gone. There's not even an "I" to have the ideas.

The natural being acts as an outcome of the movement of the universe, in the same way that an artist's brush is moved by its "universe".

All "teachings", "spiritual" paths or "sacred" practices actually take us away from the moment, because it needs an "I" to do them, with an agenda of some kind, something to gain. All of which removes our beingness from the identity-free moment.

The only way that "what is" can be experienced is to lose all traces of self, in which case the "what is" can't be experienced because there is no one there to experience it.

Any description of the state of the natural mind is false, including this one. "It" cannot be described. "It" is always "bigger" than the limiting description.

There is not even an "ultimate" state to gain, because the very idea that there is, takes us away from it.

All there is, is the operation of the universe in its all-ness. There's no such thing as "enlightened" or "unenlightened". These are just ideas of what is.

Even "bliss" or "transcendence" is a state of mind that needs an "I" to experience those feelings.

Thoughts are the glue of our belief structures. "I" is the creation of thoughts and beliefs.

What's happening, when we think we are functioning human beings, is the operating system of the brain, running sophisticated meme/belief structures that create the content of our identities and sense of self.

The only act awareness can "do" is to let go of "self" awareness. Awareness, to be fully there, needs to have no "I" attached to it.

Where there was self, there is now "active" emptiness.

Action, from this place, is an instantaneous, pure response to the call of the moment. It is the moment, the universe acting, not the person.

True peace is an absence of agitation, an absence of self-generated internal activity. So peace cannot be "done", or created - it's an absence of doing. This allows unadulterated "what-is" to be.

All action out of this state is completely harmonious and non-conflicting. There is nothing there to conflict with anything else.

A transcended being feels the world cleanly, whereas an "I", full of beliefs and ideas of self, overlays those unadulterated feelings with external content, imbuing them with emotional "charge". This charge is reactive to the world around it, continually creating conflict as it attempts to dissipate.

Whatever is actual or real can only be there when all ideas, all thoughts, all belief, all traces of identity are gone - when there is no "I" left to take us out of the moment. If the eternal now moment is all there is, this may be the only way to be in it.

Thought is only necessary, only of any use, when it is called for by the moment, for a particular task. To keep thinking beyond the particular call of the moment is the same as keeping your arm above your head all the time, or hopping on one leg all the time.

What comes out of the moment relates only to that moment. It's already past and nonexistent as it is experienced. To hold to anything experienced or said in that moment, is to live in the dead past.

If you can't touch it, show it, taste it, does it have any reality?

norton ash wrote:Show me the wind and the cold. You can only show me evidence that they are there, not the things themselves.

With regard what you said upthread, you seem to have no conscience, and just want to keep playing your own little debate game. You're either a kid with very little experience of your fellow human beings, or a sociopath.

Either way, I'm through reading anything you write and will never respond to you again.

Evil things are being done, and people (whom you blithely dismiss as delusional) suffer terribly. Some of them are in this conversation, but that doesn't matter to you.

You're fucked-up.
"Once you label me, you negate me." — Soren Kierkegaard

Postby n0x23 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Show me the wind and the cold. You can only show me evidence that they are there, not the things themselves.

Well, you can feel the wind and the cold, they are tactile stimuli that trigger our nerve endings.

What about the Mind?
Just bare phenomena roll
n0x23

Postby lightningBugout » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:56 pm

Perhaps you ought to start a new thread to discuss the nature of mind? Thanks.
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Postby n0x23 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:04 pm

Perhaps you ought to start a new thread to discuss the nature of mind? Thanks.

Alright.
But, you really do not have a single opinion on what was being discussed?
It has absolutely no relevancy to the thread?
Just bare phenomena roll
n0x23

Postby Maddy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:33 pm

23 wrote:For we are not our identities.

No matter how much we think they are.

Disassociating ourselves from our identities isn't a malady, as I proposed earlier.

Associating ourselves with them... is.

Wait. So you have DID that you can say what we are or what we aren't? Because that's all very lovely in a theoretical abstract philosophical kind of way, but to those who have DID and have been through hell, its a very real, very important thing to have your identity.
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby n0x23 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:52 pm

Wait. So you have DID that you can say what we are or what we aren't? Because that's all very lovely in a theoretical abstract philosophical kind of way, but to those who have DID and have been through hell, its a very real, very important thing to have your identity.

One doesn't have to have cancer to research it, discuss it, theorize about, or cure it.

The problem arises when one identifies AS one's experiences, as opposed to identifying WITH one's experiences.
Just bare phenomena roll
n0x23

Postby Maddy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:33 pm

You can sit there and theorize, study and research cancer all day long, its still not going to give you the insights into how it is to have cancer or what, exactly, going through chemotherapy is like. Don't assume. Until you've had your identity stolen, it would be impossible for you to realize how important that identity is.
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby n0x23 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:43 pm

You can sit there and theorize, study and research cancer all day long, its still not going to give you the insights into how it is to have cancer or what, exactly, going through chemotherapy is like. Don't assume. Until you've had your identity stolen, it would be impossible for you to realize how important that identity is.

There's more than one way to lose one's identity and it's a life altering, absolutely terrifying, fucking experience, beyond accurate description and sometimes, one never regains that lost identity.

But hey, what the fuck do I know?
Just bare phenomena roll
n0x23

Postby Cordelia » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:56 pm

[quote="n0x23Atoms

Now it's your turn.
Show me the Mind. :wink:[/quote]

This game of semantics and one-upmanship is so inappropriate and distracting here. It really does read like a disordered pathology.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby blanc » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:33 am

thanks for the pretty pics of atoms/molecules nOx23. I was expecting that. (sigh) My initial knee jerk reaction had been along the lines of 'huh he can't see the part of his anatomy he's talking out of' . Please don't provide a picture.
Its a rare mc/ra thread which does not get derailed by someone wanting to quibble over terminology. Of all the possible ways this discussion could go - the existence or nature of what is referred to as mind is about the least relevant . Rather like engaging someone who's having his leg chewed off by a bengal tiger on the subject of saving the whale.
blanc

Postby compared2what? » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:46 am

Cordelia wrote:
n0x23 wrote:Atoms

Now it's your turn.
Show me the Mind. :wink:

This game of semantics and one-upmanship is so inappropriate and distracting here. It really does read like a disordered pathology.

My guess is Hyper-dualist Western Monist Personality Disorder. And sure, some people will probably try to tell you that's a "controversial" diagnosis. Or that I'm "just making it up as I type." But you know the routine. The truth is that it's so shamefully under-diagnosed it's practically the rule rather than the exception.

Which is a national disgrace, if you ask me. Like we haven't already done enough damage to sundry philosophies of various parts of the East. I mean, talk about adding insult to injury, come on.
compared2what?

Postby n0x23 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:30 pm

No, that is incorrect.
What it is in fact is rebuking the Straw man fallacies, Argumentum ad hominems, Red Herrings, Denial of the antecedent fallacies, Non sequiturs, Ignoratio elenchi fallacies and on and on and on, that I've been inundated with.

Disordered pathology?
Interesting.
Which diagnostic criteria and classification did you use for this evaluation?

thanks for the pretty pics of atoms/molecules nOx23. I was expecting that. (sigh) My initial knee jerk reaction had been along the lines of 'huh he can't see the part of his anatomy he's talking out of' . Please don't provide a picture.
Its a rare mc/ra thread which does not get derailed by someone wanting to quibble over terminology. Of all the possible ways this discussion could go - the existence or nature of what is referred to as mind is about the least relevant . Rather like engaging someone who's having his leg chewed off by a bengal tiger on the subject of saving the whale.

Once again another Straw man and Ignoratio elenchi fallacy.

While the majority are fawning over the symptoms of the illness, I'm asking about the source of the disease.

But in return, my questions are dismissed and deemed irrelevant and semantical.

My guess is Hyper-dualist Western Monist Personality Disorder. And sure, some people will probably try to tell you that's a "controversial" diagnosis. Or that I'm "just making it up as I type." But you know the routine. The truth is that it's so shamefully under-diagnosed it's practically the rule rather than the exception.

Sorry, Materialism, Eternalism and Nihilism are conceptually flawed views.
Now, if you were talking about the Void, then I would be interested.
In other words..."You've got me all wrong, Honey". :wink:

Which is a national disgrace, if you ask me. Like we haven't already done enough damage to sundry philosophies of various parts of the East. I mean, talk about adding insult to injury, come on.

I'm not 100% sure if this is directed at me, but if it is, I would love to hear how you think I've damaged, insulted and injured Eastern Philosophies, either in another thread, or even a PM, if you're so inclined.
Just bare phenomena roll
n0x23

Postby LilyPatToo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:51 pm

I've seen so many threads on trauma-based mind control derailed, that at this point it just makes me feel sad. Used to get really angry and verbally lambaste whoever was playing games with survivors, but today I'm just too tired to take them on. So a huge Thank You to everyone who did so.

And another fervent thanks to compared2what for this:

I never had a term for this kind of behavior before, but have encountered it often on boards that include a lot of smart (mostly young) people who lack basic empathy. When I read one of their blithe, sniggering and condescending off-topic posts, I usually just mark them as having some probably-undiagnosed antisocial personality disorder and way too much free time and avoid their posts from then on. But this thread is important to me and I was really worried as I read through the first pages that it was going to end up locked. So glad it didn't.

exojuridik, when I read your post I immediately thought of PJ Gaenir's disturbing online book Bewilderness. Have you read it? If not, I think you'd find it well worth your time. In the years I've been reading RI, I can't recall ever seeing it discussed, but I do not want to derail this thread, so if you find food for thought in it and begin another thread on her experiences, I'll happily post to it. As leery of "WOO used to derail/disinform" as I am, there's enough of it in my personal history to compel me to examine that aspect.

But most of the WOO/MC crowd are not really part of the larger wavie/MC movement, which is what I think lightningBugout was referencing in the opening post. (And before someone takes me to task for using the term "wavie" I would ask you to come up with another succinct description for people who feel they're being subjected to wave-based mind control technology. I'm not using it as a pejoritive and will switch to your term immediately if you have one to suggest that's clearly descriptive.)

Five years ago, when I finally woke up to WTF had happened/was happening to me, I was disturbed to find that almost all mind control sites/boards were made up of wavies and addressed what I now think of as "torture at a distance." This was not what had been operating in my life at all and I struggled to figure out (1) where the other people like me were and (2) what response to the wavies was appropriate and compassionate. Finally, I respectfully withdrew, since in most cases I was unable to discern the difference between what they were experiencing and the symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia. But I should add here that in my online reading I became convinced that *some* of the victims were being electronically targeted and that such technology exists.

That said, what do the much less numerous survivors of the trauma-based programs do when we're lumped into the same category as the wavies and dismissed? In that sense, I can clearly see how successful that little psy-op has been in fostering knee-jerk invalidation of anyone who emerges from the MC closet and speaks out about Real World human rights violations. Most of us are just not able to be loud enough to be heard above the sound emanating from a vast sea of mental suffering. It serves as background static that drowns out the signal when people like me speak out.

My own tactic has been to focus on that part of my own experience that was clearly Real World human instigated. The fact that 2 of my perps are government scientists employed at national laboratories and that an OSS agent was part of my family when I was born are the kind of verifiable facts that help to put my case into perspective.

The fact that I'm DID/MPD is relevant too, though, as was said earlier, half a century of deliberate denial on the part of enormously powerful former MC spychiatrists has made that diagnosis less credible to many (if not most) therapists. If the true history of the field of psychology in modern times was better-known, from Dr. Ewan Cameron on through Orne, West & Co., that denial would never have worked. But I haven't encountered a single therapist who's aware of even basic MKULTRA history, let alone all its successors and predecessors. And now that Dr. Colin Ross has recently discredited himself with his "eye beams" claims, I hesitate to even recommend his book Bluebird/The CIA Doctors to mental health professionals :cry:

But I'm glad we're talking about it. Perhaps if we put our heads together we can come up with ways to counteract the psy-ops and focus the dialog on actual human rights abuses. I've tried several times to get activists in the field of human trafficking to look at the evidence for trauma-based mind control programs and completely failed to get through to them. They instantly shy away from my personal, conscious memories of being bought and sold in the 60's-80's. In a way, I can understand their skittishness and realistic fears of being shunned by possible backers. But slavery is slavery. Because I'm White and American middle-class should not render my history invalid. But it does. These days, I see myself as inhabiting an invisible ghetto.

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

Postby lightningBugout » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Great post LPT. Thank you.

BTW, I think the term wavie is pretty useful and benign. I look at it this way -- I am not in any unique position to understand what that phenomena means. Nor do I have a responsibility to.

I have never interacted with someone who told me such was their story and found that person to be at all metered or presentable. Which is not to say anything except, well, that has been my own experience thereof.
Last edited by lightningBugout on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion