RI "Bad" Guys: UR DOIN IT WRONG

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: RI "Bad" Guys: UR DOIN IT WRONG

Postby compared2what? » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:58 am

Hammer of Los wrote:
Someone_who_isnt_as_smart_as_he_thought wrote:I honestly think the vast majority of sincere forum goers will easily get some idea of what is going on. They are clever folk with independent minds. Look at who is making the accusations and kicking up all the fuss. This aint rocket science people.

Looks like I was wrong. Just another day at the office, huh guys?

Back to drinking the bathwater for me.

Oh, and C2W. You scare the hell out of me, you know that?

Right. Lock away. Hammer over and out.

Cya in the Cass Sunstein thread.

Please do not be scared of me. I'm a pussy. I weep if you look at me the wrong way. And besides that, I honestly love you -- and I don't mean "you, Hammer of Los," only, I mean "you, whoever you are" -- whether you're a bad guy or a good guy.

I can't hurt anyone intentionally. I'm not capable of it, to my motherfucking regret. If I understand that it's hurtful, I just can't do it. Anyone can beat me who knows that. You just have to let me know it's hurtful.

I'll never give in on a debate over substance if I think I'm correct on the facts. But most of the time, I am duly diligent wrt checking them prior to entering the debate. If I've done that, though, I just won't quit. And will always keep sharing the facts as I understand them. Because an educated populace is the only fucking way out. That may be really, really annoying. But it shouldn't be frightening. And it's definitely not personal. It shouldn't hurt you. It's an expression of love and respect. Plus: If you're right, you're right. If not, you learned something. I don't mean it nastily. I swear.

So please do not fear me. There's nothing to fear. Honest to god.
compared2what?

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jeff » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:01 am

There's nothing magic about midnight, so I'll bump it back an hour or so if there's a need or a want for more discussion.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby IanEye » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:02 am

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby compared2what? » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:02 am

DAMMIT!

Wombat, elfi, and 8bit, I'm going to have to do it via PM and will make public amends as necessary. But I'm sorry. I'm already in touch with LBO. As I said, I love both LBO and 8bit. Forget what I said about 8bit for the moment. Please. You have no reason not to, there having been none given that would make it credible. Like I said. I'll do it via PM. But since he's not around and hasn't spoken for himself, FWIW:

I'm sorry, 8bit. I'm sincerely very sorry. I'll explain myself as best I can at greater length elsewhere.
compared2what?

Postby compared2what? » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:28 am

Jeff wrote:There's nothing magic about midnight, so I'll bump it back an hour or so if there's a need or a want for more discussion.

JEFF, THAT DOESN'T HELP ANYBODY. NOBODY LOVES THE ADMIN'S PET. EVEN I DON'T. ARE YOU FUCKING DEAF?

That said: Thanks!

Because I forgot to say, I noticed that there were a few names -- Uncle $cam's being one, for sure -- I never mentioned that somehow got put on a shitlist allegedly authored by me.

So Uncle $cam -- I didn't mention you. Didn't think of doing it. Wasn't talking about you.

And everybody else -- I didn't mention Uncle $cam. Didn't think of doing it. Wasn't talking about him.

He and I have unfinished business on another thread. But it might stay unfinished forever. I have no idea. It wasn't part of this one. I have some very, very serious problems with the sexist hostility I encounter here. And if I leave, that'll be why I'm going. But I really don't have the time or space to get into that now. And I'm not sure it can be done without REALLY causing more collateral damage than is worth it, just for my comfort.

I did this primarily for Jeff. He doesn't complain. And possibly he has no complaints worth making. He'll always be Jeff, which is a considerable blessing in itself. And they can't take that away from him. At least.

But his voice fell silent largely due to shit that DE stirred up. And while he might have chosen a spell of silence anyway, had he been free to choose, he really, seriously should have been free to choose. There's no freedom more important than that. (PS -- THAT I THINK THAT AND SAY IT AND ACT ON IT IS ONE WAY THAT YOU CAN TELL I'M NOT TRYING TO FUCKING SILENCE YOU OR DRIVE YOU FROM THE BOARD. TELL ME TO BACK OFF IF I'M HARMING YOU. IF YOU'VE GOT A GOOD REASON TO ASK, I'LL DO IT.)

Um....And I also did it for other vulnerable people. Who had really been hurt and/or who were at much too high-risk wrt vulnerability by my rational and duly diligent estimation for it to be okay to take any chances under the circumstances.

Basically, as I perceived it, I had an ethical obligation to act. I did the best I could, which wasn't very good. I owe everyone who made it better than I could have a huge debt of gratitude. Thank you for helping me and helping yourselves and I'll grovel to whomever else later and to the rest of you, in the words of my incomparable self, fuck you all.

Which I don't doubt I incomparably said. Although I don't incomparably remember saying it, btw. Col. Quisp, I like and admire you. Come on back. You're a player. Not a hater. I know it.

Thanks, sorry, bye.
compared2what?

Postby compared2what? » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:30 am

BRB, Jeff. Going to get an apple and some polish.
compared2what?

Postby compared2what? » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:31 am

JUST KIDDING.

I'm done.

Love to all.
compared2what?

Postby Jeff » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:34 am

compared2what? wrote:JEFF, THAT DOESN'T HELP ANYBODY. NOBODY LOVES THE ADMIN'S PET. EVEN I DON'T. ARE YOU FUCKING DEAF?

That was saving my own ass from having to say Thank you everybody, no further questions.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Jeff » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:01 am

Ahem: Thank you everybody, no further questions.
Jeff
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion