The Antics of Alex Jones

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Antics of Alex Jones

Postby coffin_dodger » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:41 am

It's amazing to watch those who become that which they most despise. OT I know, but I caught an epi of The Young Turks recently and it went something like this - ever-fattening, suit-jacket / T-shirt combo in the middle, slightly awkward, sneering 'funny guy' to the left and standard-model female to the right - punctuated by BUY OUR T-SHIRTS, BUY OUR T-SHIRTS, BUY OUR T-SHIRTS. Radicals, every last one of them.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby 82_28 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:52 am

Alex Jones lost me forever long ago because of his voice.

And that was that. I don't care what he says about anything because of his awful voice. It goes on from there of course. . .
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:31 pm

Doesn't look like this is on YouTube yet

https://www.facebook.com/InfowarsReport ... 568837577/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby zangtang » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:41 pm

tittifilarious !
zangtang

Postby overcoming hope » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:42 pm

I have never been a fan of Alex Jones. I never understood why he did that terrible voice, the over the top spooky music with glowing red eyes added in post to all his cartoonish videos (and of course sloppy research and analysis). Many have noticed the similarities in cadence, delivery and content between Jones and Rush Limbaugh for years, but wow is this guy just a conspiratorial version of Rush without the need for dog whistles!

I haven’t looked at an Alex Jones website in probably, um, 7 years? And Wow! The racism, the bigotry, and the white nationalist message in bold headlines! I also can’t help notice that the big over-arching conspiracy Jones and company are busy uncovering is that our leaders are not ready, or able to deal with the Islamic threat, that is indeed coming to institute sharia law…RIGHT NOW, AAAAH! Um, of course this territory is/was already fully covered by Drudgereport, RedState, and basically every Presidential candidate, so Alex seems a bit redundant at this point, maybe time to retire?

For sure many saw the pattern and knew the change from Republican to Democrat in the White house meant it was time to do the Conspiracy Hokey Pokey and make the Republicans the paranoid ones for a while….

From the Rigorous Intuition blog Jeff wrote in November of 2008:

My Barak Pages

Democrats can awake from a nightmare and fall into a dream, and conspiracy theory can once more become the property of the "patriot" right…

… If you haven't seen it yet or don't know what I'm talking about, you will, as theorists retool their cottage industries to react to a Democratic administration. Fintan Dunn calls it the "Red Coup gambit" of the New World Order, absurdly describing Obama as an "undercover Marxist ideologue." Webster Tarpley gets in on the action with his book The Postmodern Coup, which shoe-horns Obama into his meta-analysis as the next, inevitable Manchurian Candidate of the Brzezinski faction. Alex Jones, like some Star Trek energy entity that feeds on pure hysteria, is whipping up a new batch to keep those cards and letters coming. ("Congressman, are you feeling the dread many of us are feeling right now?")

http://rigint.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-barack-pages.html

So while I wouldn’t call any of this surprising (The racist aspect of course was always hiding in plain sight with the “Patriot Right”, and I will admit I have been ignorant, maybe willingly concerning support of Ron Paul, at the time not wanting to look too hard at the pedigree of his ideas, which I now have and I sheepishly answer yes, when a real world acquaintance asks, ”You were into Ron Paul right?” To which I quickly point out, ”the antiwar stuff, just the antiwar stuff!!! )(also embarrassed in general some of the things I used to think, which is why I haven’t really posted anything in years, turned into a listener and a reader with humility to spare.)

Anyway, the reason I wanted to post this is I am still taken aback (and okay I guess surprised) by the blatant in your face, proud, shout it from the roof tops bigotry on display at infowars. Is anyone else?
overcoming hope

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:17 pm

Yeah, I'm not a fan. All are alarmed by his messaging, but for far different reasons.

I feel he and L exist to elicit from the most radical, but dumb elements within our society enough of a reaction to show themselves.

Sorta like a "You Won The Lottery" sting that entraps dumb, wanted parolees.

Most believe they're only right wing propagandists, which they are, but I think they're only spook crisis actors.
Iamwhomiam

Postby overcoming hope » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:05 pm

Iamwhomiam » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:17 pm wrote:Yeah, I'm not a fan. All are alarmed by his messaging, but for far different reasons.

I feel he and L exist to elicit from the most radical, but dumb elements within our society enough of a reaction to show themselves.

Sorta like a "You Won The Lottery" sting that entraps dumb, wanted parolees.

Most believe they're only right wing propagandists, which they are, but I think they're only spook crisis actors.

Alex is an extremely useful idiot for destroying meaningful discourse. The net result is the same whether he is guided in that direction, or is following his heart. Someone on this board compared him to the character Elmer Gantry. Does he believe what he says? I don't know? He is horrible either way.

Concerning the dumb part. Yes, aggressively dumb. I watched this video on his site called something like "What they won't tell you about white privilege." It was 10 minutes of this moron with a pumpkin pie haircut struggling to use his words to talk about anything, but the actual topic. He did not understand the definition of 'White Privilege', and instead used a tortured definition of the word privilege to make points like, 'The Native Americans were here first so they had the privilege of being here first'. I was watching thinking to myself, whoa wtf this guy is dumb, Wow! (and I'm a certified non genius, and it was amazing this dumbness) Whats that George Carlin line about the secret to power?

Look up infowars on alexa and you will find

Relative to the general internet population, people who did not go to college are greatly over-represented at this site. Confidence: high

Relative to the general internet population, people who went to graduate school are greatly under-represented at this site. Confidence: high

Shocking I know, but this next one did surprise me

Relative to the general internet population, Males are under-represented at this site. Confidence: high

Relative to the general internet population, Females are over-represented at this site. Confidence: high

and lastly not unexpected, but still scary as hell

Monthly Unique Visitors
overcoming hope

Postby brainpanhandler » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:55 pm

overcoming hope » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:42 pm wrote:(also embarrassed in general some of the things I used to think, which is why I haven’t really posted anything in years, turned into a listener and a reader with humility to spare.)

Nine years here and I think that might be the first time I have ever read a confession like that. Virtual handshake/hug. Good on you.

Anyway, the reason I wanted to post this is I am still taken aback (and okay I guess surprised) by the blatant in your face, proud, shout it from the roof tops bigotry on display at infowars. Is anyone else?

I never go there. Is that what it has become? It always seemed to me that Alex was a conman that did not really believe much of anything he croaked and shrieked on his shows. It was kind of entertaining and cathartic to see him flip out about something (cathartic regardless of content), but none of it seemed very convincing in terms of coming from anywhere genuine (regardless of how right or wrong). I've watched various videos people post here over the years and he seems to have tried on various personas. I've seen him rant about machine elves, reptilians and satanists.

Ultimately the aim was always to generate as much $ as possible, wherever that led. So the face of his shows will be a reflection of what attracts the most attention. If people such as yourself turned him off a long time ago but the patriot right has not then since there is no core of conviction in there, infowars will just pander to whatever generates the most $. At the moment that is bigotry. As we continue to swirl around the bowl that will get worse.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby elfismiles » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:32 pm

Assassin Tries To Kill Alex Jones Dies In Police Shootout
viewtopic.php?p=584725#p584725

Alex Jones Is ‘No Better Than ISIS’: How The Infowars Host Spreads Fear For Profit
Disseminating misinformation about Muslims is the controversial talk show host’s latest attempt at nurturing a climate of fear that earns big money for Jones and his advertisers.
By Kit O'Connell @KitOConnell | December 29, 2015 | AUSTIN, Texas

AUSTIN, Texas — Allying himself with figures like Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, infamous talk show host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones is spreading misinformation about Muslims online and in his weekly radio program.

This tactic is Jones’ latest effort to use fear to generate clicks for his popular website and weekly radio program, “Infowars,” and to boost profits for his advertisers.

In a Dec. 8 broadcast, Jones defended Trump’s plan to close U.S. borders to Muslims. According to the talk show host, “upwards of 25 percent (of Muslims) who’ve been polled say they sympathize with ISIS and want to conduct violent attacks in Europe and the United States.”

On Dec. 16, Matt Agorist, a writer at the Free Thought Project, criticized Jones’ support for Trump’s plan, noting that Jones’ own website contradicted his claims that a quarter of all the world’s 1.6 billion Muslims support ISIS:

“In a blatant attempt to strike fear into the hearts of their xenophobic reader base, (who used to be antiwar and pro freedom of religion) Jones shills once again for Trump by pointing out that 21% of Syrians polled have favorable views ISIS. What Infowars conveniently left out, however, is the fact that [Nigeria,] the country with the highest levels of support for Isis outside Syria showed only 14 percent of people having a favorable view of the group.”

Agorist added, “None of the data showed that any of these supposed ISIS supporters ‘want to conduct violent attacks in Europe and the United States.’”

He further accused Jones of supporting an agenda similar to that of Daesh (an Arabic acronym for the group commonly known as ISIS) by spreading propaganda that encourages violence against a religious minority. “If you are willing to harass, hurt, or kill an innocent person because of their religion, you are no better than ISIS,” Agorist wrote.

Jones’ use of anti-Muslim propaganda has continued unabated since the publication of Agorist’s piece. On Monday afternoon, one of the headlines on Jones’ InfoWars website asks: “Why Is Obama Working with ISIS to Eradicate Christianity?” The article that follows propagates an oft-debunked conspiracy theory that Obama is Muslim or secretly supports Muslim extremism — a theory which is vocally endorsed by some Trump supporters.

While Infowars may be newly focused on spreading Islamophobia, its overall agenda of spreading fear is not new. Previously, Jones was one of the key sources of the rumor that the military operation known as “Jade Helm” was secretly an effort to hide a planned government takeover of Texas. A MintPress News investigation of Jade Helm found little of note to justify the anxiety over the military operation promoted by Jones and his fans.

A 2013 investigation of Jones by Salon’s Alex Seitz-Wald estimated that Jones’ rakes in between $3 and 10 million per year, not including “book sales, merch, speaking tours, promotional tie-ins, book and DVD royalties or any other revenue streams that might exist.” Advertising on his website and radio show features a variety of products, from commonplace Internet scams like male sexual enhancement products to products like seed banks and water purifiers designed to capitalize on the worries of impending disaster and societal collapse which are stoked by his reporting.

Writing for Salon in May, Bob Cesca documented several damaging and dangerous conspiracy theories supported by Jones, and argued that the viewpoints expressed by Infowars are becoming more mainstream:

“That’s the dangerous thing about Alex Jones and his empire. The ludicrousness distracts from the damaging reach of the truly awful theories he sells.”

Cesca cited mainstream GOP leaders from Sen. Rand Paul to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott who have repeated Jones’ claims.

“The salient question is this: how far will it go? How deeply into the mainstream will Jones’ popularity bleed?” Cesca asked.
Share this article!

Kit O'Connell is a gonzo journalist from Austin, Texas, a Daily Staff Writer for MintPress News, and Associate Editor of Shadowproof.

More articles by Kit O'Connell
http://www.mintpressnews.com/author/kit-oconnell/

http://www.mintpressnews.com/212349-2/212349/
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:53 am

Can't stand watching PJ Watson but its amazing the coverage that AJ is getting this week: top front page of Drudge, mentioned by name in Hillary speech and by Jimmy Kimmel! :eeyaa

Paranoid Hillary Smears Alex Jones During Conspiracy-Obsessed Rant
Claims Vladimir Putin is "Godfather" of the 'Alt-Right'
Paul Joseph Watson - August 25, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkHt8dgG8I

http://www.infowars.com/paranoid-hillar ... ssed-rant/

Jimmy Kimmel Responds to Alex Jones on 'Pickle-Gate'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSCEoaIx7E8
elfismiles

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:21 am

what the hell IS going on here? :P
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby 82_28 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:47 am

elfismiles » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:53 am wrote:Can't stand watching PJ Watson but its amazing the coverage that AJ is getting this week: top front page of Drudge, mentioned by name in Hillary speech and by Jimmy Kimmel! :eeyaa

Paranoid Hillary Smears Alex Jones During Conspiracy-Obsessed Rant
Claims Vladimir Putin is "Godfather" of the 'Alt-Right'
Paul Joseph Watson - August 25, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkHt8dgG8I

http://www.infowars.com/paranoid-hillar ... ssed-rant/

Jimmy Kimmel Responds to Alex Jones on 'Pickle-Gate'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSCEoaIx7E8

Agreed! 8bit and I were discussing this last night. Or more like noticing how much Infowars has now come to the fore.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:08 am

Infowars has now come to the fore.....thank Trump for that
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:23 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:08 am wrote:Infowars has now come to the fore.....thank Trump for that

"Look what YOU made me do!" -- Hillary "Rodham" Clinton

Not certain I can get with that causality chain. Hillary knew it was red meat - "THIS MAN THINKS SANDY HOOK WASN'T REAL" - she wasn't pressured or forced into anything. That was a calculated decision and those calculations were hers.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:31 pm

Trump's the one that's been interviewed on AJ

opening a pickle jar ....10 minute rant?

the only reason AJ is on MSM now is because of Trump and his White Nationalist racist friends
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion