The Antics of Alex Jones

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Antics of Alex Jones

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue May 19, 2015 10:16 am

elfismiles » Tue May 19, 2015 8:03 am wrote:Alex Jones: "SOMETHING BIG IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN"

I know there is a lot of hate and disgust for Alex. We're all familiar with his foibles and issues.

Some of you may be familiar with AJ's alleged precognitive past...

Welp, I do agree with him, loathe as I am to admit it. The Universe demands it; the next leg down begins summer/fall 2015.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Lord Balto » Tue May 19, 2015 11:54 am

elfismiles » Tue May 19, 2015 9:03 am wrote:Alex Jones: "SOMETHING BIG IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN"

I know there is a lot of hate and disgust for Alex. We're all familiar with his foibles and issues.

The Precognitive Visions of ParaPolitical Researcher Alex Jones
Monday, May 15, 2006
http://www.elfis.net/blog/2006/05/16/th ... lex-jones/

Well, things may have just taken a decidedly different tack with him yesterday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMYSck3T9xA
http://www.infowars.com/something-big-i ... to-happen/

I at once sense truth and reality within his words - but I also sense his usual salesman / showman acting at play (as in the recent "fun" he had with the AJ is Bill Hicks "conspiracy theory" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJGQfhYWpa4 )

For years I and a few friends have thought of Alex as being a kind of "Idiot Savant" ('yer HALF right' says the peanut gallery). I'm well aware of his "short-comings" yet I have been fascinated by him as a person and have been intrigued by his slowly revealed claims of precognitive ability.

Perhaps this is just his latest gambit at steering a portion of his media empire towards the paranormal. He bought my friend's magazine WEIRD a few years ago (saying he was going to resurrect it) when he launched his InfoWars print magazine. I've been wondering if/when he'd finally give in and try to take the paranormal market share away from Coast to Coast AM. Maybe that's what this is ... or maybe its the latest evolution of his cult of personality. I don't know...

First he decides he's a Christian. Now he's an ESPer. Next month he'll be a Satanist. The guy's basically just lost his way. If you don't take the road toward rationality, you end up in La La Land. And the woman in the toll booth only wants one thing, your mind.
Lord Balto

Postby elfismiles » Tue May 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Well Balto ... as I indicated in my link to my 2006 coverage of his then 2nd-time publicly mentioning his alleged precog dreams ... yesterday's announcement / video from him is NOT a "Now he's an ESPer" moment, as he had alluded to this back in 2003; over 12 years ago.

"in his June 2003 interview with former Marine sniper Colonel Craig Roberts [2] that not only has he (Alex) had premonitory visions in dreams but that he specifically had a vision in the months before 911"

We'll see,

Now on his main site for today's show it says:

TODAY ON THE ALEX JONES SHOW
The Future of Humanity

On this Tuesday, May 19 edition of the Alex Jones Show, we look into the very real possibility that something big is about to happen. What does the future have in store for humanity?

Anyway ... wutevs. Not expecting any of us to run to our panic rooms or anything...

Lord Balto » 19 May 2015 15:54 wrote:
elfismiles » Tue May 19, 2015 9:03 am wrote:[size=150]
<snip>

The Precognitive Visions of ParaPolitical Researcher Alex Jones
Monday, May 15, 2006
http://www.elfis.net/blog/2006/05/16/th ... lex-jones/

First he decides he's a Christian. Now he's an ESPer. Next month he'll be a Satanist. The guy's basically just lost his way. If you don't take the road toward rationality, you end up in La La Land. And the woman in the toll booth only wants one thing, your mind.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby coffin_dodger » Tue May 19, 2015 1:01 pm

Ha, I suppose if one looks hard enough, synchro can be seen everywhere.

I got up this morning and noticed a 1cm square patch of red skin, just to the left side of my nose. It wasn't there last night.

This afternoon, I was unloading a van - a box slipped and the corner bashed my face - exactly where the red skin was. Just missed my eye.

Maybe my body is precogging me in the only way it knows how.

Why are Jones's predictions always so dire? I kinda get the feeling he likes spreading fear.

Fear, by proxy.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue May 19, 2015 1:06 pm

coffin_dodger » Tue May 19, 2015 12:01 pm wrote:Why are Jones's predictions always so dire?

Nature of the gig; I suppose you'd be asking Cassandra to lighten up, too?

Counterpoint: http://disinfo.com/2013/04/45-failed-al ... edictions/
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue May 19, 2015 1:07 pm

Elfi, was there pre-911 corroboration by any others of Alex's 2003 claim of foreseeing the events of that day? If so, do you know the confirmed date of his so-called precognition?

Or was during his 2003 show the earliest he related his precognition of the events of 911?

(Sorry, I'm unable to view the videos, so please pardon me if they answer my questions.)
Iamwhomiam

Postby coffin_dodger » Tue May 19, 2015 1:19 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Tue May 19, 2015 6:06 pm wrote:
coffin_dodger » Tue May 19, 2015 12:01 pm wrote:Why are Jones's predictions always so dire?

Nature of the gig; I suppose you'd be asking Cassandra to lighten up, too?

That he is so popular says, I suppose, a lot about us, too.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby elfismiles » Tue May 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Hi IamWhoIam ... a big resounding no to those important verification questions. It was that 2003 broadcast that I first ever heard him make the claim of having a lifelong experiencing of precog dreams. Presumably, his closest family and longest-term friends could confirm but I've never found any to question.

And that is the fatal flaw in alleged precog dream data ... unless people report it to others or write down / record the accounts in some dated format we only have their after-the-fact word to go on.

And with someone like AJ ... well, obviously most folks are gonna assume he's lying "as usual."

Iamwhomiam » 19 May 2015 17:07 wrote:Elfi, was there pre-911 corroboration by any others of Alex's 2003 claim of foreseeing the events of that day? If so, do you know the confirmed date of his so-called precognition?

Or was during his 2003 show the earliest he related his precognition of the events of 911?

(Sorry, I'm unable to view the videos, so please pardon me if they answer my questions.)
elfismiles

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue May 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Well, that's too bad. Being who he is and all, with his history of failed predictions, this "Something Big" premonition I suspect won't enhance his credibility unless it's really something big.

Lot's of people have precognitive dreams or visions, so for me his notoriety gets in the way of believing him - I guess we'll soon learn his what his "Something Big" is supposed to be - or maybe not.

But we shouldn't forget the moral lesson taught in "The Boy Who Cried, "Wolf."

I'm imagining he'll soon relate to his audience what he's referring to as "Something Big." If he does, please update us. Thanks.

I would appreciate the opportunity of facing my doom with eyes wide open.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Lord Balto » Tue May 19, 2015 3:11 pm

Iamwhomiam » Tue May 19, 2015 1:07 pm wrote:Elfi, was there pre-911 corroboration by any others of Alex's 2003 claim of foreseeing the events of that day? If so, do you know the confirmed date of his so-called precognition?

What's the point of "precognition" if all you get is "something big"? So a blimp crashes into a radio tower, well, there you go, Alex Jones "predicted it." Or he stubs his big toe: prediction confirmed!

This is all a lot of twaddle. Meanwhile, the Canadian and UK governments are making conspiracy theories a prosecutable offense.
Lord Balto

Postby elfismiles » Tue May 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Sorry Lord - forgot you have no interest in the OTHER part of the RI spectrum of topical interests; ie - parapsychology etc.

Lord Balto » 19 May 2015 19:11 wrote:What's the point of "precognition" if all you get is "something big"? So a blimp crashes into a radio tower, well, there you go, Alex Jones "predicted it." Or he stubs his big toe: prediction confirmed!

This is all a lot of twaddle. Meanwhile, the Canadian and UK governments are making conspiracy theories a prosecutable offense.

Yeah, twaddle ... wutevs.
elfismiles

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue May 19, 2015 3:27 pm

Well, what did you expect, "Jim'll fix it" is fixing it, alright, from beyond the grave.

Besides, how's about you beginning such a thread and I'll twaddle over - this one's about Alex Jones.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Lord Balto » Tue May 19, 2015 6:54 pm

elfismiles » Tue May 19, 2015 3:24 pm wrote:Sorry Lord - forgot you have no interest in the OTHER part of the RI spectrum of topical interests; ie - parapsychology etc.

Lord Balto » 19 May 2015 19:11 wrote:What's the point of "precognition" if all you get is "something big"? So a blimp crashes into a radio tower, well, there you go, Alex Jones "predicted it." Or he stubs his big toe: prediction confirmed!

Yeah, twaddle ... wutevs.

KK said:

February 6, 2014 at 5:28 am

Tarot has some weird stuff encoded in it. It’s not something “magical”.

Read “Origins of the Tarot Deck: A Study of the Astronomical Substructure of Game and Divining Boards” by Stephen Franklin.

He had this to say on a forum :
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3691177

“You can judge for yourself whether you agree with any of my ideas here: http://neros.lordbalto.com/AppendixC.htm

"I must say that after spending three years researching and writing this book, all the while having to cut through the mystical nonsense that has encrusted it in the last few centuries, I find this kind of offhand dismissal to be a bit disingenuous.”

Chapter 7 lays it all out. But you really should read the entire thing.

That’s why you come to the conclusion that tarot is bunk. When you get older, you tire of all the bullshit. It’s great to notice truth when you see it.
Some “tech” does not work. It’s based on rumors and misunderstandings.

Bonus info. He also tells what 666 is in the book. It’s the number of minutes of solar lunar differential. Just read it and marvel.

I have been accused on occasion, and at least once in print, of pretending that numerical analogy constitutes proof. As Jay Kinney wrote in The Inner West,

In Tarot history, any connection is fair game. For instance, because there are fifty-six filled in holes at Stonehenge and fifty-six cards in the Minor Arcana, to an occult commentator such as Stephen Franklin the two not only might be but must be connected. (Franklin, who connects the cards with astrological figures in a far-reaching argument based on Pythagorean, Hindu, and Chinese sources, would recoil at being called an occultist, but in the strict sense of the word he is one.)

How the San Francisco based former cartoonist and associate of R. Crumb—and current debunker of Masonic "mythology"—thinks he knows from what exactly I would recoil is a mystery to me. Why he fails to take account of the non-"astrological" and clearly astronomical evidence from the history of real-world and quite physical game and divining boards cited extensively in my Origins of the Tarot Deck is clear enough. It destroys his major premise, that the Tarot is fundamentally an occult device, no matter what the "strict" definition of the word occult is; and as an "occult commentator," unlike the former cartoonist, I should know what the word means. Anyone who wishes to determine for themselves whether I am an occultist or not may read my earlier work by downloading it from Appendix C.

There are some who recognize my bona fides as an occult commentator, whether positively or negatively. You can't please everybody.

And I still think Alex Jones's predictions are twaddle. The fact that I don't take one particular proponent of precognition seriously doesn't mean I don't take the entire concept seriously.
Last edited by Lord Balto on Tue May 19, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lord Balto

Postby elfismiles » Tue May 19, 2015 7:00 pm

Thank you for correcting my error LB. Cheers! :thumbsup

Lord Balto » 19 May 2015 22:54 wrote:
elfismiles » Tue May 19, 2015 3:24 pm wrote:Sorry Lord - forgot you have no interest in the OTHER part of the RI spectrum of topical interests; ie - parapsychology etc.
There are some who recognize my bona fides as an occult commentator, whether positively or negatively. You can't please everybody.

And I still think Alex Jones's predictions are twaddle.
elfismiles

Postby Harvey » Wed May 20, 2015 6:48 pm

To go on record. Yes. I feel it, and it's similar to the feeling I had in late 2000, early 2001. But...

I've seen these things realised and not realised. Probabilities, that's all they ever are. And a smart fucker would be looking in all the wrong places first. Hope that means something to somebody.

There was a total switch off of British air traffic control earlier this year. There are articles apparently confirming a well known hacker took control of a number of planes, according to him, but, again apparently, with the limitation that he had to be on the plane to do the hack. There was the extremely odd precedent with German wings.

I feel hopeful, there are a lot of good eyes out there. But don't get on planes with well known hackers any time soon.

Edit: As MacCruiskeen pointed out elsewhere, it's impossible for those in the eye right now, just don't fall for the whole "there's nothing you can do," bullshit. Exactly what the various aligned 'theys' want you to think. While you're shocked, they are acting.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion