The Antics of Alex Jones

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Antics of Alex Jones

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:30 pm

Haven't listened to him in ages and am half listening to him LIVE right now ... interesting stuff, more Texas UT DMT elves revelations he is threatening to release today/tomorrow, Kubrickology, ... and apparently AJ is "on the cover" of the current Texas Monthly magazine: he must mean the main webpage:

https://www.texasmonthly.com

2019 Bum Steer Awards:
Alex Jones, Who Helped Create a World Where Facts Don’t Matter

Our Bum Steer of the Year, the radio host dragged our democracy into the same sewer he crawled out of so many years ago.
https://www.texasmonthly.com/politics/t ... lex-jones/

Alex Jones was already a cult hero when Texas Monthly profiled him nearly eight years ago, though at the time few in the mainstream media paid much attention to him or the sliver of the political spectrum he catered to. On his syndicated radio show Infowars, his various websites, and his YouTube channel, the Austin-based conspiracy theorist had tapped into a disturbing darkness creeping into the national zeitgeist. Rumors that Obamacare would create government “death panels” were being earnestly discussed on Fox News, as was the legitimacy of the president’s birth certificate, a preposterous red herring boosted by a certain reality-TV star who went on to bigger things. Jones’s delusional appeal seemed to be growing, which is why we headlined our feature “Alex Jones Is About to Explode.”

Boy, do we wish we had been wrong.

By 2015 Jones’s brand of paranoia seemed to be popping up everywhere, including the office of Governor Greg Abbott, who sent the Texas State Guard to “monitor” a planned U.S. military exercise known as Jade Helm after Jones and others (including, it seems, some Russian trolls) whipped up hysteria that the troop movements were a prelude to martial law. Former Republican state representative Todd Smith called the governor’s move “pandering to idiots,” but not everyone saw it that way. Donald Trump, the candidate who suggested that Senator Ted Cruz’s father was involved in the Kennedy assassination, sat for a half-hour interview on the Alex Jones Show, during which he said the host’s reputation was “amazing.” Jones, in turn, went all in for Trump, who reportedly called to thank him personally after the election.

It turned out to be the high-water mark for Jones, who has had a disastrous 2018. A highly publicized, years-long custody battle landed him back in court this fall, reminding the public of the previous year’s courtroom drama, in which his ex-wife used his rantings to portray him as an unfit parent and his lawyers parried by floating the idea that he’s playing a character when he’s in front of a microphone or a camera—that he is not, in other words, really as demented as he appears to be. It was a potentially devastating admission for a man who has built his multimillion-dollar media empire on the devotion of his legions of fanatical listeners, which is perhaps why Jones felt obliged the very same day to reassure his followers that he is 100 percent authentic—which is to say that he is exactly as crazy as he sounds.

To which the rest of the country responded, “We believe you!” It may be hard to remember now, but there was a time when Jones was considered a harmless oddball in some circles, one of the charming characters who kept Austin weird. Celebrated Austin director Richard Linklater, for example, put Jones in two of his films. The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema chain invited him to record a lighthearted clip urging patrons not to talk during the movie. Nobody is laughing now.

It’s hard to pinpoint exactly when the bloom came off the rose, but there was certainly nothing charming about Jones’s response to the horrifying massacre of adults and schoolchildren at Sandy Hook Elementary, in Newtown, Connecticut, in 2012. Jones has long made a habit of questioning the official account of natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and other tragedies, but his suggestion that the killings in Newtown never actually occurred—that it was an elaborate hoax staged to provide a pretense for gun control—proved to be a bridge too far.

Some parents of children murdered at Sandy Hook, to escape harassment from whack jobs who believed they were “crisis actors,” were forced to unlist phone numbers, delete social media accounts, and even move out of their homes. Last spring Jones was hit with three separate defamation suits brought by Sandy Hook parents who had finally had enough. In a video response, Jones claimed he now believed the massacre was real, a defense that was at best disingenuous—his show aired an episode titled “Sandy Hook Vampires Exposed” as recently as 2017—and, from the perspective of the bereaved parents, was utterly beside the point.

Jones, who also has a fourth, unrelated defamation suit pending, has been in legal trouble before; in 2017, to settle a suit filed by yogurt company Chobani (which objected to “Idaho Yogurt Maker Caught Importing Migrant Rapists,” among other Infowars reports), he issued a rare public apology. But the barrage of litigation Jones is facing now threatens his livelihood as never before, as does another recent development. After years of handling Jones and his ilk with kid gloves, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube finally kicked him off their platforms altogether this summer, citing repeated violations of their policies against harassment and hate speech. For a man as dependent on social media as Jones, seeing those accounts go dark was like having a plastic bag tied over his head.

But that doesn’t mean we’ve heard the last of Jones. The doctored video that the White House press office used in November to justify the president’s truculent decision to punish CNN reporter Jim Acosta—for allegedly manhandling a White House intern (he did not)—was prepared by one of Jones’s minions. And what if Jones did crawl back under his rock and disappear? The fake-news genie can’t be so easily put back into the bottle. For the foreseeable future we will still be living in the world Jones helped create, a place where facts are infinitely malleable, conspiracy theories are the coin of the realm, and rage overruns decency. In that sense he has won, but in doing so he has made sure that the rest of us have lost. That’s why Alex Jones is our Bum Steer of the Year.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/politics/t ... lex-jones/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:41 pm

Sandy Hook shooting victims' families win legal victory against InfoWars, Alex Jones

Six families of victims killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School won a legal victory Friday in their fight against controversial radio and internet personality Alex Jones.

A judge in Connecticut has granted the families’ discovery requests, allowing them access to, among other things, InfoWars’ internal marketing and financial documents.

The judge has scheduled a hearing next week to decide whether to allow the plaintiffs’ attorneys to depose Jones.

The families sued Jones and InfoWars for defamation and accused him of perpetuating a “monstrous, unspeakable lie: that the Sandy Hook shooting was staged and that the families who lost loved ones that day are actors who faked their relatives’ deaths.”

Police stand guard at the entrance after a mass shooting at the Sandy Hook School in Newtown, Conn., Dec. 15, 2012.
Jones has sought to dismiss the lawsuit. "Plaintiffs suffered a horrible tragedy," his defense attorney, Jay M. Wolman, wrote in a motion to dismiss the lawsuit. "Alex Jones and InfoWars are not responsible for this tragedy. To punish them for First Amendment protected speech on this matter of public concern will not bring back the lives lost."

Jones' lawyer did not immediately respond to ABC News' requests for comment.

The judge’s ruling on discovery gives the plaintiffs access to any communication Jones had about the Newtown massacre and to documents that could point to the inner workings of InfoWars.

The plaintiffs — families of four children and two educators killed in the December 2012 shooting — have said the “deeply painful” lies they’ve accused Jones of pushing have caused them to endure “malicious and cruel abuse” as well as harassment and death threats on social media.
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/families- ... ssion=true
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 pm

Exclusive: Washington Post Working With Mueller Inquisition to Frame Roger Stone & Alex Jones

Paper set to publish false report that Infowars hired Jerome Corsi as part of “hush money” operation

Infowars.com - January 18, 2019

Exclusive: Washington Post Working With Mueller Inquisition to Frame Roger Stone & Alex Jones
RELATED: Roger Stone Warns of Deep State Coup to Install Pelosi Then Hillary as President

The Washington Post is set to publish a false story claiming that Jerome Corsi was hired by Infowars at the behest of Roger Stone as part of a “hush money” operation and that this is a line of inquiry for the Mueller investigation into Russian collusion.

Alex Jones delivers an emergency message to all patriots!

Corsi is under investigation for information alleging that he possessed advance knowledge that WikiLeaks had hacked the emails of John Podesta and passed this information on to Stone.

In an email sent yesterday to lawyer Marc Randazza, the Washington Post’s Rosalind Helderman states, “I’ve been able to confirm that Robert Mueller’s investigators have been asking witnesses about the financial relationship between Infowars and Jerome Corsi and Roger Stone’s role in helping Corsi get his Infowars job.”

Asking why Infowars hired Corsi, Helderman states, “Mueller seems to be exploring that the job was hush money in some way.”

Corsi was hired by Infowars in January 2017 to set up a Washington bureau. His contract renewed in January 2018 but then the relationship was ended in June 2018. Corsi was paid routine 6 months severance pay.

Corsi was hired at a time when the Roger Stone-Corsi conspiracy theory nexus tied to Wikileaks was not even being circulated. Corsi was fired because of his failure to adequately establish a Washington bureau, his failure to maintain White House press credentials, and his generally poor work performance.

Infowars hiring Corsi had nothing whatsoever to do with Wikileaks or any kind of “hush money” operation, which is an absurd claim. He was hired to establish a DC presence for Infowars. This took place almost two years before Corsi was subpoenaed to testify in the Special Counsel investigation.

This false report shows the lengths the media and the Mueller investigation is prepared to go to in order to frame Roger Stone and Alex Jones.

The Washington Post is trying to spin standard severance pay as proof of some sort of ‘collusion’ – with no evidence whatsoever to back it up.

The idea that Alex Jones and his father, Dr. David Jones, would be engaged in such a scheme is completely ludicrous.

The witch hunt against prominent Trump supporters in the media is intensifying, with attempts to entrap innocent people becoming routine. Many have buckled under the pressure, but Jones and Stone refuse to back down.

The move represents a huge inquisition and an effort to set up and persecute any prominent supporter of Trump or anyone in his orbit in anticipation of impeaching Trump himself.

Comment by Roger Stone;

Jerry Corsi’s claim that he provided a memo to me regarding the Podesta brothers business dealings as part of a “cover-up “is both categorically false and ludicrous not to mention illogical. Cover up for what? Corsi claim that he told me that John Podesta’s emails had been stolen is without foundation or corroboration.

My tweet regarding the Podesta brothers of Aug 21 was not controversial for six weeks after I posted it and is based on information regarding their Russian business dealings from all public sources. Exactly what act did I need to cover up?

It should be noted that Dr. Corsi denies having any communication or contact with the WikiLeaks or Julian Assange whatsoever.

This is certainly reflected in the fact that all of Dr. Corsi‘s prognostications regarding the WikiLeaks disclosures to me turned out to be incorrect.

Corsi’s claim that I knew about the NBC/Billy Bush tape in advance and directed him to do anything about it is yet another lie without a shred of evidence or corroboration to prove this baseless charge.

I did recommend him for his position at InfoWars where he served as Washington bureau chief until he was fired after a drunken meltdown in a Washington DC restaurant. I also recommended him for various freelance writing gigs because he is both an excellent writer and researcher.

I assisted him because he was constantly whining about being broke. The claim that any of my recommendations were arrangements for “hush money “is both ridiculous and false. I had no need of any such arrangement nor the ability to deliver employment to him for anything other than actual work performed.

Any inquiry regarding Corsi’s compensation from Infowars should be directed to them as I am myself an independent contractor and as such am not privy to that information.

The deep state seeks to fabricate some misdeed by the Trump campaign that is sold as Russian collusion. That way they can remove both Donald Trump and vice President Mike Pence paving the way for Nancy Pelosi to become president. Pelosi will then appoint Hillary Clinton to the vacant Vice Presidency after which Pelosi would resign as president allowing Hillary to take the White House which alluded her grasp in 2016.
https://www.infowars.com/exclusive-wash ... lex-jones/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:14 am

another huge legal win for Sandy Hook families against Infowars and Alex Jones. A judge ruled tonight that he must submit to a sworn deposition. The families were already granted access to his financial records.

E0AE42D1-4945-465E-BD62-477D8400D43B.jpeg

Infowars’ Alex Jones ordered to undergo sworn deposition in Sandy Hook case

https://www.philly.com/news/nation-worl ... 90214.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby elfismiles » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:35 pm

EPIC!

Joe Rogan Experience #1255 - Alex Jones Returns!
PowerfulJRE
7.9M viewsStreamed 4 days ago
Alex Jones is a radio show host, filmmaker, and writer. Eddie Bravo is a jiujitsu black belt, music producer, and author.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yh2HcIlkU

... and the cray cray crazy that lead to this reunion ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekYS8dOYRPU
elfismiles

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:10 pm

We Got Alex Jones’ Deposition Video. It Was A Predictable Disaster For Him.
For all his dangerous talk about the Sandy Hook school shooting, Alex Jones couldn’t even recall the date it happened.

Sebastian Murdock
Infowars host Alex Jones was questioned earlier this month for three hours by the lawyer of a Sandy Hook parent who has accused him of perpetuating an abhorrent hoax. It did not go well for Jones.

“Like I told you, most of this stuff I can’t even remember,” Jones says about the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting at one point in a video deposition released to HuffPost.

The deposition, which was released publicly on Friday, shows Jones in the hot seat as he attempts to explain his reasoning for spending years falsely claiming that the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut ― which left 20 children and six adults dead ― was a hoax. He is being sued by nine family members of loved ones who died in the shooting, including Scarlett Lewis, who is suing Jones for intentional infliction of emotional distress. Lewis is represented by Mark Bankston of the Texas law firm Farrar & Ball. HuffPost has also included the full transcript.

The full deposition was uploaded to YouTube by Farrar & Ball. Part 1, Part 2.

Alex Jones had a bad day.
Since lawsuits began pouring in against him, Jones has repeatedly claimed he now believes the shooting to have happened. But in his deposition, Jones can’t seem to help but continue to cast doubt on official reports of the shooting. He denies claims he made in the past just seconds before he is presented those exact claims in video evidence. He admits he didn’t prepare for the deposition. He can’t recall basic details of the shooting, including the date it happened. And he defends making the address of Sandy Hook father Leonard Pozner public.

His Lawyers Were Not Happy

From the start of the surreal deposition, Jones’ lawyers whined and sparred often with Lewis’ attorney. At one point, Bankston told one of two of Jones’ lawyers, Mark Enoch, that he would “appreciate it if you kept your mouth shut for this deposition.”

The argument begins roughly 20 minutes into the deposition when Jones is questioned about an Infowars video where the host claimed an evacuation at a building occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary. He used the video to make the point that proper procedures weren’t in place. But it was a different building. Enoch didn’t seem to appreciate Bankston’s questioning:

Enoch: Are you saying that’s part of his broadcast?

Bankston: Yes. It says InfoWars right there on the bottom.

Enoch: Is that part of the same broadcast?

Bankston: Yes. Do you see where it says InfoWars?

Enoch: As long as you’re representing that the video that you’re showing him now with the people walking across was part of the same broadcast ―

Bankston: Okay. First of all ―

Enoch: ― statements.

Bankston: First of all, there’s only going to be one lawyer defending this deposition, Mr. Enoch; and one was already chosen. And, no, Mr. Enoch, there will be one lawyer speaking on the record. There is one lawyer defending the deposition. I am not being tag-teamed by the two of you. And so I would appreciate it if you kept your mouth shut for this deposition and let Mr. Barnes defend the deposition.

Jones’ other lawyer, Robert Barnes, was hired just weeks ago after Jones dropped two other lawyers who had been representing him. At one point, a frustrated Barnes tells Bankston: “This is one of the worst depositions I’ve ever witnessed.”

He was right, though likely not in the way he meant.

No Preparation

Jones often used ignorance and a lack of preparation as a defense for not answering simple questions. As Bankston continued questioning Jones about the false building he had purported to be the school, the conspiracy theorist played dumb:

Jones: I talk four hours a day, and I can’t remember what I talked about sometimes a week ago. Sandy Hook has been, in the aggregate, less than one-tenth of 1 percent of what I cover. And I understand that you’ve been living this and poring over it constantly. I have done almost no preparation for this. It’s very ― it gives me a headache, and I just ― you’re just showing me a bunch of edited tapes.

Bankston: What question are you answering?

Jones: You’re asking me about a bunch of edited ― how does someone answer ...

Bankston: Mr. Jones, what question were you answering?

Jones: If you put a bunch of pages in a blender with writing on it and blended it all up and you asked me what’s in the blender, I can’t answer you a question with a bunch of blended words.

Later in the deposition, when Bankston shows Jones a photo of a police dashboard camera the day of the shooting, he asks the Infowars host if he recognizes the significance of the time stamp:

Bankston: Mr. Jones, I’m going to hand you a copy of what I have marked as Exhibit 4. Have you ever seen that before?

Jones: I don’t remember.

Bankston: You’re not sure if you’ve seen this before?

Jones: No.

Bankston: Okay. You’ll see at the top it has a time stamp 12-14-12?

Jones: Yes.

Bankston: You know that’s the date of Sandy Hook, right?

Jones: I don’t know.

Bankston: You don’t know that?

Jones: Was that the day?

Bankston: It is.

Doubling Down On Falsehoods

The most devastating part of the deposition comes when Bankston reads the State of Connecticut Department of Public Safety investigation report on the shooting. Authorities who responded to the shooting recall small bodies in a class bathroom “packed like sardines.” It is a horrifying account of the terror, and Jones appears visibly upset. But it’s not enough to stop him from continuing his falsehoods.

Jones is asked about the supposed “deep research” he did on the shooting shortly after being read the official report:

Bankston: Okay. Thank you, Mr. Jones. Mr. Jones, I’ve noticed on a lot of these answers you’ve said, “Well, I’m just going off what Mr. [Wolfgang] Halbig said.” So what I want to know is: When you talked earlier about how you did deep research, what was that? What deep research did you do?

Jones: Well, I mean, I did look at the news articles saying they were being very secretive about the case, that a lot of things were sealed, which is unusual. There were lawsuits involved with that, and I did do research on [Michael] Bloomberg putting out an e-mail the day before saying, “Get ready. There’s going to be a big event,” you know, just straight up, people waiting around for mass shootings or whatever. And just the way the media made a spectacle out of it right away is what really made me question. That scene like with the WMDs or babies in the incubators, I just saw the media so on it, so ready; and I thought that added credibility to it.

Bankston: Okay. I mean, I’m glad you brought up the Bloomberg thing. I remember there was a couple of episodes where you talked about this Bloomberg e-mail and you said to your audience that there was an e-mail that came out in the lawsuit where Bloomberg told his people: Get ready in the next 24 hours to capitalize on a mass shooting. That didn’t happen; that’s not a real e-mail, is it?

Barnes: Objection as to form.

Jones: I mean, I don’t think it’s exactly that; but there’s one similar to that.

Bankston: Yeah. I mean, what you said is not real.

Subscribe to the Politics email.

How will Trump's administration impact you?

The full transcript also reveals that Jones had correspondence with Wolfgang Halbig, a notorious Sandy Hook conspiracist who exchanged more than 4,000 emails with Infowars. Halbig was recently found to have also been in contact with an NRA official discussing unfounded conspiracies about mass shootings, HuffPost reported Wednesday. In the deposition, Bankston refers to Halbig as a “raving lunatic.”

A Lack Of Remorse

Through it all, Jones is defiant. He hems and haws about how he feels “very sad for folks, you know, who have had to go through it, and I’m sorry” and says he “could have done a better job, in hindsight.” But he never apologizes for his specific actions, never takes real responsibility, and continues to insult those who have suffered cataclysmic trauma.

Jones once made the address of Sandy Hook father Leonard Pozner public. Here was his response to being questioned about it:

Bankston: If a person were to stake out those addresses, they could wait for Mr. Pozner to come pick up his mail, couldn’t they?

Barnes: Objection as to form.

Bankston: True?

Jones: I mean, the guy’s running an anti-free speech foundation.

Pozner is not running an “anti-free speech foundation.” The grieving father has also received death threats. Lucy Richards of Florida was sentenced to five months in prison in 2017 after she sent Pozner a voicemail that warned, “You gonna die. Death is coming to you.”

When Jones was called out by Bankston for openly mocking the Sandy Hook parents by imitating them crying and suggesting they are actors during an Infowars video, the host defended himself by saying he was “showing what people were questioning.”

By the end of the deposition, Jones presents himself as a martyr who has been victimized, and admits he will not take responsibility for the unfathomable pain he has caused his victims:

Jones: Well, I’m just saying that the trauma of the media and the corporations lying so much, then everything begins ― you don’t trust anything anymore, kind of like a child whose parents lie to them over and over again, well, pretty soon they don’t know what reality is. So long before these lawsuits I said that in the past I thought everything was a conspiracy and I would kind of get into that mass group think of the communities that were out there saying that. And so now I see that it’s more in the middle. All right? So that’s where I stand.

Bankston: And I’m little concerned about something I heard in your answer, that it seemed to be you suggesting that you weren’t sure if these parents have suffered pain from what you did.

Jones: Well, I was stating that I was reporting on the general questioning when others were questioning. And, you know, it’s painful that we have to question big public events. I think that’s an essential part of the First Amendment in America. And I do not take responsibility for the entire train of things that lawyers and the media have said I’ve done. So I do not take the responsibility. I do not take your indictment or your presumed conviction of me as the villain or the star of Homeland because that’s not who I am. And so I reject it.

The deposition shows Jones thinks little of the real-world consequences of his actions. But he may soon find that ignoring those consequences won’t stop them from happening. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/we-got-a ... mg00000004

Adam Klasfeld

NEW: Alex Jones must face a lawsuit for portraying the man who videotaped the murder of Heather Heyer as a "deep state" operative, a federal judge in Charlottesville, Virginia ruled.

https://www.law.georgetown.edu/wp-conte ... pinion.pdf

"Victims of vile conspiracy theories should take comfort in Judge Moon’s ruling that Brennan Gilmore’s defamation suit against InfoWars must proceed," an attorney for @GeorgetownLaw's civil rights clinic said of the ruling.

Defamation claims also survive against Gateway Pundit’s Jim Hoft, Lee Stranahan, of the Russian government-controlled Sputnik, and other fringe figures.

Look for my colleague’s story soon @CourthouseNews.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:02 pm

Alex Jones was an inside job.

edition.cnn.com

Alex Jones says 'form of psychosis' made him believe events like Sandy Hook massacre were staged

Christina Maxouris and Elizabeth Joseph, CNN

[...]

"And I, myself, have almost had like a form of psychosis back in the past where I basically thought everything was staged, even though I've now learned a lot of times things aren't staged," he said. "So I think as a pundit, someone giving an opinion, that, you know, my opinions have been wrong, but they were never wrong consciously to hurt people."

He said it was the "trauma of the media and the corporations lying so much" that caused him to distrust everything, "kind of like a child whose parents lie to them over and over again."

"So long before these lawsuits I said that in the past I thought everything was a conspiracy and I would kind of get into that mass group think of the communities that were out saying that," he said. "And so now I see that it's more in the middle... so that's where I stand."

[...]
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Thu May 16, 2019 12:40 am

JackRiddler » 01 Apr 2019 18:02 wrote:Alex Jones was an inside job.
[...]
[/quote]

That was an actual bumper sticker on the back of a street sign here in Austin, Texas years ago ... actually, maybe it was "The 911-Truth Movement is an Inside Job"?

Meanwhile, I've just seen some next-level meme-warfare Alex Jones TurboLife advert assaults plus great live program transitional music choices ...

... and I'm out... being dragged screaming into the Twilight Zone wherein I agree with Pat Roberson:

MSN.COM - Pat Robertson: Alabama 'has gone too far' with 'extreme' abortion law
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pat-r ... ar-AABpuXH
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:14 pm

elfismiles

Postby RocketMan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:20 pm

What is this, some sort of pastiche of Ruppert's Collapse movie? The visuals track. Except Jones looks like he's gone through even a worse wringer than Ruppert at the time... :shock:

What a pompous windbag.

-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:43 am

poor, poor Alex

stickdog99

Postby RocketMan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:29 pm

Apparently someone tried to sic child porn on Alex Jones and it's not even a half-assed dodge.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alex-jone ... s?ref=home

It comes as no surprise to me that (at 6:18) he extols the ur-American joys of "women with big giant tits and big asses". 8)

-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Grizzly » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:31 pm

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:16 pm

Coming soon, One disbarment and one raving homeless man, wandering the west Texas desert hunting for horny toads to kill and devour in a ridiculous attempt to remain relevant.
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:32 pm

Infowars Loses Appeal in Sandy Hook Defamation Lawsuit
By Jared Holt | September 4, 2019 8:30 am
Alex Jones, the conspiracy theorist proprietor of Infowars, and his attorneys were denied an appeal regarding a lawsuit that alleges Infowars broadcast defamatory comments regarding the father of a child murdered in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. The Texas Court of Appeals has ordered Infowars to “pay all costs” related to the botched appeal.

Infowars filed its now-dismissed appeal one day after Sandy Hook parent Neil Heslin filed a motion for contempt against Infowars as part of an ongoing legal battle against the outlet, which in 2017 broadcast claims that Heslin argued were meant to insinuate that he lied about holding his murdered son’s body and to subject him to harassment and emotional damage by those who believe Sandy Hook was a “false flag” conspiracy—a conspiracy theory advanced by the host of an Infowars program and amplified by Jones himself.

Heslin had filed a motion for expedited discovery and a motion for sanctions against defendants Jones, Infowars employee Owen Shroyer, Free Speech Systems LLC, and Infowars LLC, after it was revealed that Jones had ordered Infowars employees to remove “social media pages and video content relating to the Sandy Hook shooting” from the internet. Jones and his lawyers had previously filed a motion to have Heslin’s lawsuit dismissed under the Texas Citizens Participation Act, a 2011 Texas law meant to aid individuals facing a frivolous lawsuits, but the judge hearing the case agreed with Heslin’s argument that Infowars’ efforts to delete content relevant to his case had hampered his ability to respond to Infowars’ motion to dismiss.

A judge extended the hearing date on Infowars’ TCPA motion and ordered Infowars to respond to discovery requests. But when the deadline for discovery approached, Infowars made clear it did not intend to cooperate. Heslin filed a motion for contempt of court.

Lawyers for Infowars argued that because defendants had appeared in court regarding their motion to dismiss, they were not required to comply with the discovery process. The Texas Court of Appeals disagreed with Infowars’ interpretation of Texas law and tossed the appeal.

In a ruling rendered August 30, 2019, Jones’ appeal to the Texas Court of Appeals from the District Court of Travis County was dismissed. Jones was ordered to “pay all costs relating to this appeal, both in this Court and in the court below.”

“We agree with Heslin that the district court has not yet ruled on Appellants’ motion to dismiss, nor has the motion been overruled by operation of law. Accordingly, we dismiss the appeal for lack of jurisdiction,” Justice Gisela Triana wrote in the opinion.

Infowars’ failed appeal wasted nearly a year of time in Heslin’s lawsuit against Infowars. Mark Bankston, an attorney representing Heslin, said the next steps in the case won’t be clear until parties meet with the court.

“Mr. Heslin is very pleased with the decision of the Court of Appeals dismissing InfoWars’ appeal and ordering Mr. Jones to pay costs. After InfoWars wasted everyone’s time on a frivolous appeal, we can now return to the trial court where we intend to hold Mr. Jones fully accountable for his disgusting defamation of Mr. Heslin,” Bankston told Right Wing Watch.

The dismissal of Infowars’ appeal last week is yet another blow to the conspiracy theory outlet, which has found itself facing multiple lawsuits related to its coverage of the Sandy Hook shooting.
https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/inf ... n-lawsuit/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion