CIA Officer- Robert Steele

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

CIA Officer- Robert Steele

Postby Uncle $cam » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:39 pm

CIA Officer- Robert Steele stresses the importance of Blogging - MONTAGE

This guy sounds legitimate, he says the right things here, but....
Suffering raises up those souls that are truly great; it is only small souls that are made mean-spirited by it.
- Alexandra David-Neel
Uncle $cam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: CIA Officer- Robert Steele

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:38 pm

"We've gone from America the Beautiful to America the shit."

When did that happen? 100 years ago?

I do like what he is saying tho... (should that make me sus on him? It does.)
Joe Hillshoist

Postby StarmanSkye » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:15 pm

I like what he says too -- a LOT. It's an excellant beginning to what he says has hundreds (or thousands? More like thousands...) of possible good solutions. Blogging is probably necessary to help offset the divisive tactics of the Mster Class stake-holders unleashing their psyop PR to exaggerate and provoke class, racial and partisan differences at a slow-boil ferment -- sabotaging 'left' and 'right', conservative and liberal, rep and dem, white/black etc. alliances necessary to heal rifts, focus on essential common interests, elect uncorruptable candidates to office that will challenge the corporate, moneyed interests of power and wealth, re: issues about war agenda, central banks, meeting basic needs, socialized healthcare, establishing minimum quality of life, global peace, localized interdependant trade, etc.

I'm not really sus of him because his comments don't revolve around a personality cult or a particular 'ism', his suggestions are self-empowering, common-sense observations that many, many people have made dealing with citizen-organization and bottom-up networking. He's mostly pointing-out the more obvious things about our corrupt, corporate-dominated system of government duopoly and perverted 'justice' which is deeply broken and needs a major reboot.

I don't necessarily buy-into the 'Once CIA, ALways CIA' meme -- there have been quite a few rebels who have renounced the injustice and special-agenda abuses of the US intel agencies.

The struggle for enlightened, progressive liberation reclaiming citizen-run government based on ideals of social justice, human and civil rights will require all the common-ideal allied volunteers willing to take a stand on principle and work for a more just, peaceful world. I guess I'm saying I'll extend the benefit of doubt until I've got a reason not to. I think it's always possible for people to change their mind and see the light. As late as '90 I was as politically naive as most Americans, and had no real reason to be critical of the CIA.
StarmanSkye

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:21 pm

I'm not really sus of him because his comments don't revolve around a personality cult or a particular 'ism', his suggestions are self-empowering, common-sense observations that many, many people have made dealing with citizen-organization and bottom-up networking. He's mostly pointing-out the more obvious things about our corrupt, corporate-dominated system of government duopoly and perverted 'justice' which is deeply broken and needs a major reboot.

I don't necessarily buy-into the 'Once CIA, ALways CIA' meme -- there have been quite a few rebels who have renounced the injustice and special-agenda abuses of the US intel agencies.

Yeah its just ingrained cynicism on my part.

I agree to about the once/always thing. Especially in the context of what he was saying. And that not everyone who joins those groups is automatically corrupt.

In fact (like the coppers) often people who join those groups then end up leaving after a while do so cos they are not corrupt. They either can't stand the corruption or know they won't get much further up the ladder without becoming involved in it.

(Btw, I said "in fact" so you can assume its not fact, just an anecdotal opinion. But it does seem to be the way with powerful institutions.)
Joe Hillshoist

Postby elfismiles » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:48 am

Reminders:

CIA co-opting open source intelligence via 911 Truth?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9007

Open-Source Spying
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9656

Robert Steele on 9/11
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25019

elfismiles wrote:Whoa whoa WHOA!

JF, did you hand transcribe your quote below? Or did you cut and paste?

jingofever wrote:He doesn't leave out anything:

9/11 was created by Al Qaeda at the urging and with the financing of the Pakistani ISI (radical half). But they got frightened when it looked like it not only might work, but that Al Qaeda, which has previously promised to bring a nuclear event to the USA, had the brains to suggest putting one of the airplanes into a nuclear power plant. Pakistan briefed Cheney…nations also got wind of this and warned the CIA. We also had two walk-ins to the FBI, one in Orlando, one in Newark, that were dismissed by the FBI because the names were all virgins and not in the FBI data base—the arrogance of stupid bureaucracy.

Cheney saw an opportunity for what Bush called his trifecta, and gave it to him by giving the go-ahead to ISI and Al Qaeda, and ordering up a terrorism exercise that allowed him to send all relevant close-in air defense strip alert craft away from the target areas, and to disable the NORTHCOM normal response to flight path diversion. We still need to investigate degree to which US may have trained some of the terrorists; the degree to which the terrorists may or may not have actually been on the airplanes, and whether or not the two NYC planes also had embedded flight controls taken over and controlled from WTC 7. The pancaking of three buildings, one of which was not hit, I put down to Larry Silverstein, not Dick Cheney, warned by Mossad and with Goldman Sachs and the rest of the NYC Jewish mafia. An opportunity to solve his asbestos problem and make 7 billion surely shared with the insurance executive who had to be in on the scam to ignore all the thermite and the evidence. Giuliani destroyed the crime scene with trucks and GPS prearranged. The Pentagon was hit by a missile and conveniently went into both a construction area while also (it is claimed) destroying all the computers containing all the evidence needed to track down the missing 2.3 trillion Rumsfeld was being grilled about on the Hill on 10 Sept.

Robert Steele has been discussed here before. He's the open source intelligence guy and, of course, a former CIA officer.

Did YOU change that wording or was it like that originally?

Here is the way the page is now...

What exactly is your take on 9/11?

9/11 was created by Al Qaeda at the urging and with the financing of the Pakistani ISI (radical half). But they got frightened when it looked like it not only might work, but that Al Qaeda, which has previously promised to bring a nuclear event to the USA, had the brains to suggest putting one of the airplanes into a nuclear power plant. Pakistan briefed Cheney…nations also got wind of this and warned the CIA. We also had two walk-ins to the FBI, one in Orlando, one in Newark, that were dismissed by the FBI because the names were all virgins and not in the FBI data base—the arrogance of stupid bureaucracy.

Cheney saw an opportunity for what Bush called his trifecta, and gave it to him by giving the go-ahead to ISI and Al Qaeda, and ordering up a terrorism exercise that allowed him to send all relevant close-in air defense strip alert craft away from the target areas, and to disable the NORTHCOM normal response to flight path diversion. We still need to investigate degree to which US may have trained some of the terrorists; the degree to which the terrorists may or may not have actually been on the airplanes, and whether or not the two NYC planes also had embedded flight controls taken over and controlled from WTC 7. The pancaking of three buildings, one of which was not hit, I put down to Larry Silverstein, not Dick Cheney, warned by Mossad and with Goldman Sachs and the rest of the NYC Wall Street mafia. An opportunity to solve his asbestos problem and make 7 billion surely shared with the insurance executive who had to be in on the scam to ignore all the thermite and the evidence. Giuliani destroyed the crime scene with trucks and GPS prearranged. The Pentagon was hit by a missile and conveniently went into both a construction area while also (it is claimed) destroying all the computers containing all the evidence needed to track down the missing 2.3 trillion Rumsfeld was being grilled about on the Hill on 10 Sept.

Steele Speaks at WDT!
2 PM Sunday, Sept. 13
Robert Steele (former CIA agent, expert on Open Source Intelligence) As a part of our day-long focus on "Economics, Intelligence, and Transparency"
Full schedule here
http://www.wedemandtransparency.com/schedule.html

http://www.wedemandtransparency.com/steele.html

And thank you LB23 for noting the Theremy locale on Steele's lecture tour.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby anothershamus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:05 am

This seems like a good place to post this,
from urbansurvival.com, reader mail Tuesday March 23, 2010:

This is from a 27 year old Marine Combat Vet that went through Fallujah, Iraq in 2005.

Quote:
After I got out of the military I applied to be a security protective officer in the CIA. I flew out to Northern Virginia and was briefed and interviewed. One thing they told me was "You will be exposed to information that contradicts the news coverage" aka the news is bull crap for the most part.
)'(
anothershamus

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:16 am

Robert CIA Steele is their mouthpiece promoting 'open source intelligence.'

So he encourages us to spill out guts so that CIA and its privatized proxies can datamine.

This website has served as Robert Steel's wet dream. A honeypot of dissent providing the CIA's counterpropaganda department their marching orders, bird-doggers that point at what National inSecurity State needles need more haystack decoy culture propped up around them.

Since atleast 2005.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby RocketMan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:16 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Robert CIA Steele is their mouthpiece promoting 'open source intelligence.'

So he encourages us to spill out guts so that CIA and its privatized proxies can datamine.

This website has served as Robert Steel's wet dream. A honeypot of dissent providing the CIA's counterpropaganda department their marching orders, bird-doggers that point at what National inSecurity State needles need more haystack decoy culture propped up around them.

Since atleast 2005.

So why don't you just pack up your Truth and take it somewheres else, if we here are just obstinately gullible saps? Your idea of "WOO" flies right in the face of the very foundational notions of Rigorous Intuition, as I see them at least. Plus, you seem increasingly angry and bitter. It ain't healthy.

As for Steele, I've thought him somewhat suspect ever since he praised Tarpley's Synthetic Terror up and down as the definitive opus on 9/11.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:41 am

Some background on Steele that came across my desk this am:
http://www.fas.org/blog/secrecy/2011/08 ... osint.html

The Institutionalization of Open Source Intelligence
August 24th, 2011 by Steven Aftergood

The battle for public access to open source intelligence may have been lost before most people even knew it began, judging from the new book, “No More Secrets: Open Source Information and the Reshaping of U.S. Intelligence” by Hamilton Bean (Praeger, 2011).

“No More Secrets” is an academic work, not an expose. But it is an exceptionally stimulating one that brings the theoretical principles of organization management and communications theory to bear on intelligence policy in original and insightful ways.

As Bean shows in depth, the meaning of “open source” has been fiercely contested, beginning with the very definition of the term (which generally refers to policy-relevant information that can be acquired legally).
Other disputed questions include, Whom does open source serve? Is it only for policy makers, or also the public? Who should perform the open source mission? Should it be housed within the intelligence community or outside of it? Which aspect of “open source intelligence” dominates? Is it the logic of openness or the logic of secrecy?

For the most part, these questions have now been answered, at least provisionally. Open source intelligence is for policymakers, not the public. It is part of the intelligence community, not separate from it. The logic of secrecy, not openness, is primary. “Intelligence officials have successfully marginalized” those who would argue differently, Bean says.

Among several fateful turning points in the current institutionalization of open source intelligence, Bean highlights a conflict between Robert Steele, a former CIA officer and Marine Corps open source advocate, and Eliot Jardines, who served as the senior ODNI official on open source.

While Steele favored an open, expansive and inclusive vision of open source intelligence, “Jardines sought to institutionalize the collection and analysis of open source within the U.S. intelligence community in ways that did not overtly challenge the dominant institutional logic of secrecy.” In 2005 or thereabouts, Jardines won that battle, and “those who share Steele’s vision of an independent open source agency find their ability to affect change similarly constrained,” the author says. (Steele’s own review of the book is here.)

Of course, there is no reason why the status quo must be perpetuated indefinitely. In fact, Prof. Bean notes, “many stakeholders… are still, to this day, actively struggling to institutionalize their preferred meanings of open source….”

Secrecy News is cited a couple of times in the book and the Federation of American Scientists makes an appearance in this peculiar sentence: “A principal reason that WikiLeaks, Public Intelligence, Cryptome, and FAS are controversial is because they threaten to rupture distinctions between open and secret information and destabilize conventional notions of authority, expertise and control.”
Wombaticus Rex

Postby elfismiles » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:33 am

Thought about putting this in the Ebola thread but ... Steele is a bit threadworthy aint he?

CIA Insider Warned of Ebola False Flag in September
Former case officer predicted outbreak in U.S. two weeks before Dallas case
by Paul Joseph Watson | October 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lywix8injM

Former CIA insider Robert David Steele warned during a September 18 appearance on the Alex Jones Show that a staged Ebola false flag attack was on the horizon two weeks before the first case was confirmed in the United States.

http://www.infowars.com/cia-insider-war ... september/

Robert "CIA" Steele threads at RI:
search.php?keywords=robert+steele+CIA&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

outbreak of new Ebola strain
Post by Jeff » 08 Dec 2007 16:20
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15082

Googlization
Post by elfismiles » 13 Mar 2012 14:23
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34236

Re: Crowdsourcing Intelligence Analysis
Post by Wombaticus Rex » 16 Oct 2012 14:39
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=35601&p=480840&hilit=robert+steele+CIA#p480840

Re: Open Source Revolution is Coming and it Will Conquer the 1%
post by seemslikeadream » 21 Jun 2014 13:05
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38187
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:18 am

So ... when did Robert David Steele go completely SciFi?

Alex Jones guest: Children have been kidnapped and sent to a slave colony on Mars
Jones: “Well I don’t know about Mars bases, but I know they’ve created massive, thousands of different types of chimeras that are alien lifeforms on this earth now”
Video ››› June 29, 2017 4:24 PM EDT ››› MEDIA MATTERS STAFF

ROBERT DAVID STEELE: This may strike your listeners as way out but we actually believe that there is a colony on Mars that is populated by children who were kidnapped and sent into space on a 20 year ride. So that once they get to Mars they have no alternative but to be slaves on the Mars colony. There’s all kinds of --

ALEX JONES (HOST): Look, I know that 90 percent of the NASA missions are secret and I’ve been told by high level NASA engineers that you have no idea, there is so much stuff going on. But then it goes off into all that, that’s the kind of thing media jumps on. But I know this: we see a bunch of mechanical wreckage on Mars and people say, “Oh look, it looks like mechanics.” They go, “Oh, you’re a conspiracy theorist.” Clearly they don’t want us looking into what is happening. Every time probes go over they turn them off.

[...]

JONES: Well I don’t know about Mars bases, but I know they’ve created massive, thousands of different types of chimeras that are alien lifeforms on this earth now.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2017 ... ars/217109
elfismiles

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 am

^Hah! I was wondering which thread to bring this to about 10 minutes ago, thank you sir.

I'm wondering the same thing. Last I checked Steele was a pretty reasonable OSINT advocate and critic of the War on Terror.

I'm going to guess, based on previous cases we've seen, that "9/11 Truth" was the vector that brought him to child slaves on Mars.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby semper occultus » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:07 pm

whoooooooa....overall I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt & venture to suggest he didn't get to wherever he's now arrived without some assistance along the way ( some sort of mickey being slipped in somewhere along the line ) - its conceivable he may have come to the attention of the wrong people by trying ( rather optomistically ) to influence Trump towards a showdown of sorts with the usual suspects and elements in the MIC ( he was raising cash for a big mail shot of congress for his radical lets shake up Washington manifesto or some such iirc )

I'm sure I don't need to point out he is re-iterating verbatim the old Alternative 3 scenario - which is from a PR & credibility perspective a somewhat damaging bit of conspiracy lore to be peddling - very much shades of David Shayler & the holograms & his other shenanigans

OTOH maybe its all absolutely true :starz:
semper occultus

Return to General Discussion