Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Moderators: DrVolin, 82_28, Elvis, Jeff

Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby elfismiles » Fri May 07, 2010 1:08 pm

Was just sent this link by H.P. Albarelli.

I thought there was a thread about this "missing Israeli scientist" but I only found refs to OTHER missing Middle Eastern scientists including from Iran.


Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist
Friday 07 May 2010
by: H.P. Albarelli Jr., t r u t h o u t | Report


Image
(Photo: chickeninthewoods; Edited: Lance Page / t r u t h o u t)

Media outlets across the Northwest United States began reporting on April 24 that a strange, previously unknown strain of virulent airborne fungi that has already killed at least six people in Oregon, Washington and Idaho is spreading throughout the region. The fungus, according to expert microbiologists, who have expressed alarm about the emergence of the strain, is a new genotype of Cryptococcus gatti fungi. Cryptococcus gatti is normally found in tropical and subtropical locations in India, South America, Africa and Australia. Microbiologists in the United States are reporting that the strain found here, for reasons not yet fully understood, is far deadlier than any found overseas.

Physicians in the Pacific Northwest are reporting that an undetermined number of people in the region are ill from the effects of the strange strain. Physicians also say that the virulent strain can infect domestic animals as well as humans, and symptoms do not appear until anywhere from two to four months after exposure. Symptoms in humans include a lingering cough, sharp chest pains, fever, night-sweats, weight-loss, headaches and shortness of breath. The strain can be treated successfully, if detected early enough, with oral doses of antifungal medication, but it cannot be prevented, and there is no preventative vaccine. Undiagnosed, the fungus works its way into the spinal fluid and central nervous system and causes fatal meningitis.

The estimated mortality rate is about 25 percent of 21 cases analyzed. Several newspapers and media outlets in the US and overseas quote a researcher at Duke University's Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Edmond Byrnes, as stating: "This novel fungus is worrisome because it appears to be a threat to otherwise healthy people. Typically, we see this fungal disease associated with transplant recipients and HIV-infected patients, but that is not what we are seeing."

Microbiologists and epidemiologists studying the strain say the mystery fungus came from an earlier fatal fungus that was first found on British Columbia's Vancouver Island in the fall of 2001, and perhaps as early as 1999. There the fungus infected and killed dogs, cats, horses, sheep, porpoises and at least 26 people. The disease spreads through spores carried by breezes and wind and when people and animals encounter infected ground where the fungus is present. A number of microbiologists say that the disease has "the potential to essentially travel anywhere the wind or people can carry it." Reads an alarming study authored in part by Duke University's Edmond Byrnes: "The continued expansion of C. gatti in the United States is ongoing, and the diversity of hosts increasing."

Several researchers in California also note that the Cryptococcus gatti fungus has been researched for decades, extending back to the 1950's, at the US Army's biological warfare center, Fort Detrick, in Frederick, Maryland. One microbiologist at the University of California at Los Angeles recounted that the fungus was first brought to the attention of Fort Detrick researchers by British scientists experimenting with the bark of eucalyptus trees from Australia. Army biological warfare reports obtained through the Freedom of Information Act reveal that beginning around 1952 the Army mounted a huge research program involving numerous plant and fungi products, and that well over 300 long-term contracts and sub-contracts were let with over 35 US colleges and universities to carry out this multifaceted research. Examples of this early research in California included experiments and projects at Camp Cooke; Port Huemene; Harpers Lake; Oceanside, and extensive experimentation with wheat stem rust and "various spores" including "several from tropical locations" and cereal rust spores and dyed Lycopodium spores. Several Army reports reveal that private-sector corporations that participated or assisted in these projects were the American Institute of Crop Ecology; the American Type Culture Collection Inc.; University of California; Bioferm Inc. and the Kulijian Corporation.

The same microbiologist, who declined to speak on the record and who recounted extensive fungus work at Fort Detrick, also stated that researchers at Israel's Institute for Biological Research, located in Ness-Ziona about 20 km from Tel Aviv, have worked with the Cryptococcus gatti fungus. They also report that mysterious Israeli-American scientist Joseph Moshe, 56 years old, may have conducted covert studies with the fungus while he was recently living in California. This report concerning Moshe is especially interesting because Moshe was briefly in the international spotlight in 2009 when he was the subject of a spectacular chase and arrest by the LA police department and SWAT team, assisted by the FBI, Secret Service, CIA, US Army and several other unidentified federal officials. That highly unusual arrest has never been fully explained to the media, and the whereabouts of Moshe has remained unknown since its occurrence. Compounding the mystery surrounding the Moshe case is that there is another scientist named Moshe Bar-Joseph who works in Israel and who looks remarkably like Joseph Moshe, except that he is about 20 years older.

Why Moshe was pursued and apprehended by the police is a largely unanswered question. According to the Los Angeles media, which recorded the entire incident by helicopter and ground cameras, Moshe claimed to be "a former Mossad microbiologist" who had telephoned a police dispatch number before his pursuit and had made "threatening statements about the White House and the president." Reportedly, Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan confirmed this when he spoke with several Los Angeles reporters.

On August 14, 2009, several Los Angeles police cruisers and an unmarked armored vehicle pursued Joseph Moshe as he drove his red VW automobile several miles through downtown Los Angeles before his car's engine was reportedly knocked out by an electromagnetic pulse. Moshe refused to exit his car when ordered several times by the police, and after the driver's window of his VW was smashed out by a robotic arm and several rounds of tear gas and pepper gas were fired into the vehicle, he still remained behind the wheel, refusing to move. At the time, police officers on the scene were stunned that Moshe was able to withstand three tear gas shells and hosing with pepper spray without moving. Later that day, a Los Angeles law enforcement official said: "I can't explain that; there's no way to explain that."

After his apprehension, Moshe was taken to the Patton State Mental Hospital and then to the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles. Sometime about 60 days later, Moshe was quietly released and his current whereabouts are unknown. Since his arrest became public, reports about Moshe's activities in the US have spread like wildfire, especially across the Internet. Many of these reports are unconfirmed, but a few come from credible sources and have linked Moshe to the grossly underreported outbreak of flu in the Ukraine.

Other reliable sources, including two former Fort Detrick biochemists, have also linked Moshe to a mysterious disease that is becoming alarmingly common in Vermont and other states, including California. The disease is known to have killed or incapacitated at least 10 to 20 rural dwellers and farmers. This disease is said to be Morgellons disease or "a rare, mutated form of Morgellons disease." Former Fort Detrick scientists, speaking off the record, say that the disease is one that was "experimented with intensely" in the late 1960's at several "test sites in New England." Morgellons causes patients to suffer horrible skin problems as well as fatigue, confusion and serious memory problems, as well as joint pain and the strange sensation that pins and needles are piercing the body or that something is crawling beneath one's flesh. Some researchers and physicians believe that Morgellons is actually a psychiatric condition called "delusional parasitosis." Other physicians, who are familiar with treating the disease, say it may be caused by "an airborne, unidentified spore" and that it was developed in the laboratory from an affliction that was first identified in the 1700's. Regardless of its origin, some researchers say that Morgellons is becoming "a very real medical problem in some parts of the country."

http://www.truthout.org/mystery-disease ... ntist59169

User avatar
elfismiles
 
Posts: 8383
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri May 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Image
"THIS IS THE END OF MY PRESIDENCY. I'M F***ED"
- trump May 17, 2017


"Dotard is a 'Bulger' Rat

Why we do think that Mr. Trump owes a debt to Mr. Putin? Here are fifty reasons
User avatar
seemslikeadream
 
Posts: 30329
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:28 pm
Location: into the black
Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Fri May 07, 2010 3:00 pm

This report concerning Moshe is especially interesting because Moshe was briefly in the international spotlight in 2009 when he was the subject of a spectacular chase and arrest by the LA police department and SWAT team, assisted by the FBI, Secret Service, CIA, US Army and several other unidentified federal officials. That highly unusual arrest has never been fully explained to the media, and the whereabouts of Moshe has remained unknown since its occurrence. Compounding the mystery surrounding the Moshe case is that there is another scientist named Moshe Bar-Joseph who works in Israel and who looks remarkably like Joseph Moshe, except that he is about 20 years older.


The Moshe situation has also been connected to the "plague" that hit the Ukraine last year.

The following is quoted from Youtube user drutter:

Moshe had called into the studio after a live radio show guested by Dr. A. True Ott entitled Born on the Fourth of July on RBN broadcast in mid-August, claiming to be a microbiologist who wanted to supply evidence to a States Attorney regarding tainted H1N1 Swine flu vaccines being produced by Baxter BioPharma Solutions.

He said that Baxter’s Ukrainian lab was in fact producing a bioweapon disguised as a vaccine. He claimed that the vaccine contained an adjuvant (additive) designed to weaken the immune system, and replicated RNA from the virus responsible for the 1918 pandemic Spanish flu, causing global sickness and mass death.


That happened the day before Moshe was "arrested for threatening the president."

Here are drutter's videos about it.



"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
User avatar
Bruce Dazzling
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: Yes
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby Simulist » Fri May 07, 2010 3:26 pm

So, now how is it that the United States and Israel are "the good guys" again?
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
User avatar
Simulist
 
Posts: 4713
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:13 pm
Location: Here, and now.
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby elfismiles » Fri May 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Threats Against Whitehouse Ends in Police Chase
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25533

Friday night Pandemic Watch - Swine Flu coming to you?
http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/view ... 04#p297904
User avatar
elfismiles
 
Posts: 8383
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby elfismiles » Fri May 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Doctors Make Progress With Mysterious Disease(Morgellons)
http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/view ... =20&t=2518

Morgellons goes mainstream
http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/view ... =20&t=2527

Morgellons on Primetime tonight
http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/view ... =20&t=2527

Morgellons, P.K. Dick and viral marketing... What gives?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2503

More Morgellons
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2523
User avatar
elfismiles
 
Posts: 8383
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby 17breezes » Fri May 07, 2010 4:22 pm

Let's see. After a recent spate of "Muslim bomber," type stories, a Jewish Israeli whistleblower gets tagged as "well poisoner," and super Jew

At the time, police officers on the scene were stunned that Moshe was able to withstand three tear gas shells and hosing with pepper spray without moving. Later that day, a Los Angeles law enforcement official said: "I can't explain that; there's no way to explain that."


If it wasn't an Israeli maybe Hugh and his believers would have something enlightened to say about the obvious juxtaposition and timing.
"Go back to Auschwitz" Humanitarian peace activists, 2010.
User avatar
17breezes
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby Simulist » Fri May 07, 2010 4:39 pm

At the time, police officers on the scene were stunned that Moshe was able to withstand three tear gas shells and hosing with pepper spray without moving. Later that day, a Los Angeles law enforcement official said: "I can't explain that; there's no way to explain that."

If those events really happened as described, this wouldn't make Moshe a "super Jew," but it would be cause for many serious questions, and I think appropriately so.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
User avatar
Simulist
 
Posts: 4713
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:13 pm
Location: Here, and now.
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby justdrew » Fri May 07, 2010 4:42 pm

17breezes wrote:Let's see. After a recent spate of "Muslim bomber," type stories, a Jewish Israeli whistleblower gets tagged as "well poisoner," and super Jew

At the time, police officers on the scene were stunned that Moshe was able to withstand three tear gas shells and hosing with pepper spray without moving. Later that day, a Los Angeles law enforcement official said: "I can't explain that; there's no way to explain that."


If it wasn't an Israeli maybe Hugh and his believers would have something enlightened to say about the obvious juxtaposition and timing.


Right 17 - the Muslim controlled liberal media is just schmeering a nice Jewish bioweapons researcher in order to deflect attention from the Muslim wanna-bomber. right. Pardon me, but I don't see what's so nice about Moshe at this point in time... what whistle has Moshe blown? that h1n1 vaccine was a bio-weapon? Doesn't seem like it was now does it? maybe he was spreading disinfo instead for some reason? Or maybe he's off his rocker I don't know. but you must admit that chase and arrest in LA was about as WEIRD as it gets yes?

but - whatever happened to that crud in Ukraine?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
User avatar
justdrew
 
Posts: 11966
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 7:57 pm
Location: unknown
Blog: View Blog (11)

Re: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby 17breezes » Fri May 07, 2010 4:48 pm

justdrew wrote:
17breezes wrote:Let's see. After a recent spate of "Muslim bomber," type stories, a Jewish Israeli whistleblower gets tagged as "well poisoner," and super Jew

At the time, police officers on the scene were stunned that Moshe was able to withstand three tear gas shells and hosing with pepper spray without moving. Later that day, a Los Angeles law enforcement official said: "I can't explain that; there's no way to explain that."


If it wasn't an Israeli maybe Hugh and his believers would have something enlightened to say about the obvious juxtaposition and timing.


Right 17 - the Muslim controlled liberal media is just schmeering a nice Jewish bioweapons researcher in order to deflect attention from the Muslim wanna-bomber. right. Pardon me, but I don't see what's so nice about Moshe at this point in time... what whistle has Moshe blown? that h1n1 vaccine was a bio-weapon? Doesn't seem like it was now does it? maybe he was spreading disinfo instead for some reason? Or maybe he's off his rocker I don't know. but you must admit that chase and arrest in LA was about as WEIRD as it gets yes?

but - whatever happened to that crud in Ukraine?



Did I say "Muslim controlled liberal media." Did I EVER say such a thing? Man maybe Rothmans is right to question the rigorousness of intuition around here if that's the kneejerk of the day response. The only control of the media I have ever seen is that by governments or political factions.
"Go back to Auschwitz" Humanitarian peace activists, 2010.
User avatar
17breezes
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby justdrew » Fri May 07, 2010 8:22 pm

17breezes wrote:Did I say "Muslim controlled liberal media." Did I EVER say such a thing? Man maybe Rothmans is right to question the rigorousness of intuition around here if that's the kneejerk of the day response. The only control of the media I have ever seen is that by governments or political factions.


you said:
Let's see. After a recent spate of "Muslim bomber," type stories, a Jewish Israeli whistleblower gets tagged as "well poisoner," and super Jew


"gets tagged" would seem to be the verb phrase here, which you seem to imply was caused as a consequence of "a recent spate of "Muslim bomber," type stories.

So if my attempt at an expanded rephrasing is wrong, what then are you trying to say? Who or what caused the alleged tagging then? I really do want to understand where you're coming from here.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
User avatar
justdrew
 
Posts: 11966
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 7:57 pm
Location: unknown
Blog: View Blog (11)

Re: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby 17breezes » Fri May 07, 2010 9:01 pm

justdrew wrote:
17breezes wrote:Did I say "Muslim controlled liberal media." Did I EVER say such a thing? Man maybe Rothmans is right to question the rigorousness of intuition around here if that's the kneejerk of the day response. The only control of the media I have ever seen is that by governments or political factions.


you said:
Let's see. After a recent spate of "Muslim bomber," type stories, a Jewish Israeli whistleblower gets tagged as "well poisoner," and super Jew


"gets tagged" would seem to be the verb phrase here, which you seem to imply was caused as a consequence of "a recent spate of "Muslim bomber," type stories.

So if my attempt at an expanded rephrasing is wrong, what then are you trying to say? Who or what caused the alleged tagging then? I really do want to understand where you're coming from here.



Who does ALL the tagging? Be it Muslim or Jew or any other scapegoat? Who needs us to be forever at each others' throats? Those who would sow confusion and distrust and chaos. Who are they? Isn't that part of why this place exists?
"Go back to Auschwitz" Humanitarian peace activists, 2010.
User avatar
17breezes
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby justdrew » Fri May 07, 2010 9:20 pm

17breezes wrote:
justdrew wrote:
17breezes wrote:Did I say "Muslim controlled liberal media." Did I EVER say such a thing? Man maybe Rothmans is right to question the rigorousness of intuition around here if that's the kneejerk of the day response. The only control of the media I have ever seen is that by governments or political factions.


you said:
Let's see. After a recent spate of "Muslim bomber," type stories, a Jewish Israeli whistleblower gets tagged as "well poisoner," and super Jew


"gets tagged" would seem to be the verb phrase here, which you seem to imply was caused as a consequence of "a recent spate of "Muslim bomber," type stories.

So if my attempt at an expanded rephrasing is wrong, what then are you trying to say? Who or what caused the alleged tagging then? I really do want to understand where you're coming from here.



Who does ALL the tagging? Be it Muslim or Jew or any other scapegoat? Who needs us to be forever at each others' throats? Those who would sow confusion and distrust and chaos. Who are they? Isn't that part of why this place exists?


OK, thanks for the reply, I see what you mean more clearly now. I can somewhat agree with that, but "they" are likely multi-polar... factional. I'm not convinced that this fellow is being tagged with libel here. Don't you think the events surrounding his police chase a few months back are VERY strange indeed? Do you think if you lead that many police on a chase through the city, for any reason, that you'd be let out of jail quietly two months later? We need to look into his release, was he bailed out pending a court date or just let go with no charges? Maybe he was let out due to overcrowding?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
User avatar
justdrew
 
Posts: 11966
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 7:57 pm
Location: unknown
Blog: View Blog (11)

Re: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby 17breezes » Fri May 07, 2010 9:42 pm

justdrew wrote:OK, thanks for the reply, I see what you mean more clearly now. I can somewhat agree with that, but "they" are likely multi-polar... factional. I'm not convinced that this fellow is being tagged with libel here. Don't you think the events surrounding his police chase a few months back are VERY strange indeed? Do you think if you lead that many police on a chase through the city, for any reason, that you'd be let out of jail quietly two months later? We need to look into his release, was he bailed out pending a court date or just let go with no charges? Maybe he was let out due to overcrowding?


No something is weird about that. The gov't wanted him kept silent it seems.
"Go back to Auschwitz" Humanitarian peace activists, 2010.
User avatar
17breezes
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist

Postby pepsified thinker » Sat May 08, 2010 9:51 am

The gov't wanted him kept silent it seems.


This seems key. The reporting said cops used and EMP to stop his car, but from the look of the video, they'd blocked his car in such a way that he couldn't go further. If there actually was some form of limited EMP (which in itself, as far as I was aware, is a new trick possibly with important implications), to my not-very-tech-savvy way of seeing things, that would likely be a way to keep him incommunicado in his car. And/or, to disable other devices in the car?

Maybe the cops kid-glove treatment is due to the live news coverage--which I'm wondering how did that start?--but seems to me they were being very careful in taking this guy down.

The news report (or was it just the YouTube video? and while we're at it, where/who did that video come from?) said he was going to the Israeli embassy, and that he claimed Mossad links.

If the reason to keep him silent was that he'd been getting info out about some germ warfare scandal, wouldn't letting him go to the Israeli embassy have led to silence? Why would the Israeli officials let him blab about that once he was in their custody? Are their interests so very different from those of the U.S./etc. in that matter?

I'm thinking he was somehow potentially dangeroous--armed? possibly carrying dangerous material(s)? not easily subdued and not likely to be willingly subdued?--AND/OR connected in powerful ways (still Mossad, someone with key technical knowledge, able to dump a poison pill of information?).

Definitely a situation worth knowing more about, for its own sake but also as a window on the normally hidden world of such behind-the-curtain dealings.

Has anyone interviewed the cops involved? Off the record or otherwise? What were they being told as far as how to approach him? Who was involved--any unusual persons involved in decisions?
"we must cultivate our garden"
--Voltaire
pepsified thinker
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests