Coincidences and Synchronicities

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coincidences and Synchronicities

Postby tapitsbo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:24 pm

What are the odds "Crowley St." intersects the superhospital in my city funded by the Shriners, Rio Tinto Alcan, etc.
tapitsbo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby semper occultus » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:28 pm

Upon completion of Shaun of the Dead, Pegg was questioned as to whether he would be abandoning the British film industry for Hollywood, and he replied, "It's not like we're going to go away and do, I don't know, Mission: Impossible III", picking the title of an imaginary blockbuster. When the film Mission: Impossible III was subsequently made, Pegg appeared in it as Benji Dunn, an I.M.F. technician who assists Tom Cruise's character Ethan Hunt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Pegg
semper occultus

Postby semper occultus » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:36 am

....seems like scientist Professor Tim Spector got interested in non-related twins after seeing this story about 2 random strangers who found themselves booked on adjacent plane seats

- apparently according to the Dept. of Total Guesswork there's a one in a billion chance of meeting your doppelganger out there - or there's about 7 twins for each of us -scary thought

...what's most interesting isn't the physical resemblance but the other truly strange synchro's attendant upon the phenomenon - which I understand are also seen in cases of genetic twins who are separated at birth :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3994274/Identical-strangers-brought-Finding-Twin-Stranger.html

Shannon Lonergan, 21, from Ireland (left) and Sara Nordstrom, 18, from Sweden (right)

Kobi Balulu (left) and Rob Winston (right). The pair met earlier this year at a comedy gig

They met, by chance, in London where American-born Rob was performing in a comedy gig and Kobi — also an amateur stand-up — was in the audience.

John Jemison, a retired headmaster, and Neil Richardson, a retired vicar, live within 150 yards of each other in Braintree, Essex.

The two grandfathers, it emerged, had both trained as teachers at the same college, St Mark and St John, Chelsea, in the Sixties, although they had never met there. Both taught religious education before Neil went into the ministry in 1974. Both sing in choirs, write poetry, enjoy amateur dramatics, bank with the Co-op and have sons who play the didgeridoo.

Neil proposed to Marion, 70, his wife of 49 years, after a week of knowing her. John had only been courting Jenny, 74, whom he married 52 years ago, for three weeks when he popped the question.

Fascinatingly David, 30, and Darren, 32, both slim, bearded, impeccably groomed and identically coiffed, are strikingly similar to look at and top scorers in the 3D imaging. But they share absolutely no genetic heritage.
Polish-born David, who lives in London, is 75 per cent European, while Glaswegian Darren’s heritage is 96 per cent Irish. Both are gay. Darren is a nightclub manager and David a former nightclub manager.

Meanwhile, construction worker Billy Wright, 24 of Bournemouth, Dorset shares his name and his looks with foundry worker Billy Wright, 24 of Pennsylvania, USA.
A relative of American Billy, seeking him via Facebook, spotted the British Billy and was so struck by their physical similarities that even she was convinced they were the same person.
A similar case of mistaken identity led to their initial encounter, when a stranger in a bar got chatting to U.S. Billy, and later inadvertently linked up with the Bournemouth Billy on social media.
The two Billys share the same slightly shy aura of self-effacement: when they meet in London it is the first time either has travelled from their home town.

youth worker Cherry Riley, 19, of Bradford on Avon, Somerset, who met Dutch student Puck, 19, her double, via the Twin Strangers website. Cherry is already planning a visit to Holland.

...now the last 2 pairs you may think hmmm don't look that similar - but having watched the tv documentary on this they had incredibly similar mannerisms & facial expressions - particulalry when smiling that don't show up on pictures...
semper occultus

Postby semper occultus » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:41 am

the Amazon fairy has struck yet again - having ended up with a stash of hardback copies of Tolkien's History of Middle Earth series - mainly non 1st editions - I've had them all up on the site for yonks. It must be a couple of years since I sold any - then :

I'm not imagining this - these things cluster not just chronologically but by the actual type of book sold ! :starz:
semper occultus

Postby KUAN » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:53 am

I was just about to start a 'Barry Manilow is gay' thread
KUAN

Postby 82_28 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:21 pm

I dunno if this counts but it is quite the coincidence.

The New England Patriots had no comment on the death of former tight end Aaron Hernandez.

"We are aware of the reports, but I don’t anticipate that we will be commenting today," Patriots spokesman Stacey James said Wednesday.

That could change later Wednesday when members of the Patriots organization are scheduled to visit President Trump at the White House to be honored for their Super Bowl LI victory over Atlanta in February.

While some players have said they will skip the White House visit, owner Robert Kraft and coach Bill Belichick are expected to attend. Quarterback Tom Brady was also expected to be there, but said "personal family matters" will keep him for attending.

Kraft was called to testify during the Hernandez trial for the 2013 murder of Odin Lloyd. Hernandez was found guilty of murder and sentenced to life in prison.

Belichick, according to reports, had been subpoenaed by the defense to testify in the latest trial, when Hernandez stood accused of killing two men on a Boston street. Belichick was not called to testify. Hernandez was eventually found not guilty.

Just check ESPN or something. I just thought it weird.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby elfismiles » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:51 pm

The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
August 28th, 2017 - Austin, Texas. . .

ImageThe past few weeks have been filled with multiple personal synchronicities, many revolving around recently digitized videos (or the sharing of images) I've collected or recorded over the years spanning the mid-1990s to the early 2000s. Some have been pleasant reminisces while others have had unpleasant or surprising connections with the terrible incidents in Charlottesville and the massive public reaction to the Free Speech Rally in Boston. I talk about these synchronicities in last week's episode of PsiOp-Radio (#187) that I host with long-time friend and researcher, Mack White. One of the recently digitized videos (not associated with any of those syncs) is featured below as our video of the week.

http://us12.campaign-archive2.com/?u=6b ... ea02a3b625

elfismiles » 22 Aug 2017 21:21 wrote:Boston Free Speech Rally PsyOp August 2017

elfismiles » 22 Aug 2017 20:56 wrote:Been having some weird personal syncs of late ... I recently went on a binge of going through a bunch of my old videos to upload to YouTube ...

On August 19th I saw aerial video footage of the Boston Commons "Free Speech" Rally that everyone was scared shitless over post-Charlottesville; 40,000 "Free Speech" protestors fenced off, by like 100 yards, from the rally participants. I had mixed feelings about this as it reminded me of the "Free Speech Zones" imposed during the Bush administration and subsequent. I understand the urge to protect folks and keep us safe from battling ideologue crowds but...

Then the other synchronicity occurred ... as I mentioned, I've been digitizing old video footage recently ... imagine my surprise when I discovered who was at the heart of that throng of Bostonians ....

SHIVA AYYADURAI - "Inventor of Email"

He's been on InfoWars at least 3 times this year:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shiva+ayyadurai+infowars

SMiles Lewis, Shiva Ayyadurai, and Tom Mellett on ACTV show P.E.A.C.E. circa 1995/1996

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feVOiQkkM6Y

A free-speech rally, minus the free speech
By Jeff Jacoby, Globe Columnist, August 21, 2017
https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/201 ... story.html

40,000 March On Boston Common To Protest Free Speech Rally CBS Boston (Shiva Ayyadurai at end of news clip)
<snip>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCqA8hOBXaI

Boston Free Speech Rally: What The News did NOT Cover.
Posted by Shiva Ayyadurai
<snip>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9X2ZRB9GCU

Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai Victorious & Savages Media and Alt-Left Protesters.
Posted by Shiva Ayyadurai
<snip>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9qt2IKePHM

Boston Free Speech Rally Permit Approved by CBS Boston
<snip>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53fgwct_ruw
<snip>
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Grizzly » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:46 am

Excellent miles!