Billionaire Pedophile Jeffrey Epstein Goes Free

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Billionaire Pedophile Jeffrey Epstein Goes Free

Postby RocketMan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:24 pm

cptmarginal » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:59 pm wrote:I for one didn't call her a Nazi. I called Red Ice a Nazi outlet, since they promote Hitler. I see bizarre nonsense about bloodlines and other disturbing pro-Trump Q propaganda on her Twitter. One could compile a list of her claims about Epstein that are not repeated elsewhere, then see how well they pan out. I for one have never heard anything about Columbia University being related to Epstein's crimes, nor have I seen anything but the barest hints that mind control is even an element of this story at all. Blackmail, certainly. I do consider the presence in his circle of so many royal and noble families, from all over Europe, to be a red flag. Whether there is some ulterior motive behind Epstein's donations to scientists and universities is still just a matter for speculation, certainly not to be put forth as evidence of connection to mind control programs. Terrible crimes committed by staff members of Columbia U or of the Dalton School are no surprise, and to turn it into a story of some "elite slave Satanist" hotbed is to trivialize the actual situation. Just look at the work of Lori Handrahan if you have any question just how dark of a societal institution the American university actually is.

Anyway, this story doesn't need anything more to be a bombshell. I said all along before the election that this scandal should have disqualified both candidates from running in 2016, and my jaw dropped when Acosta was appointed. Yes it feels good to be vindicated :lol:

I gotta say I feel vindicated but also weird, as this feels to me like the biggest ever EXTREMELY RI think to blow up this widely, and in a non-derogatory, totally playing it straight way. There is a certain sense of unreality. We've been talking about this here for years now, after all.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:30 pm

Heaven Swan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:25 pm wrote:We have to be more nuanced than just calling anyone we disagree on something Nazi or racist. Each commentator should be judged on their arguments, not on guilt by association.

Fully agreed. Did anyone say that? Golly, good thing you're here to tell us the fucking obvious.

By the same token, whether or not "we" "disagree with them," if they promote Nazi-lite or racist stuff, they can either stop doing so and correct themselves, or be forthrightly identified for having done so. Right now there's a lot of Nazi-lite going around. CNN just gave airtime to Richard Spencer. Hey, just looking at different views, right? Let's listen to the "other side" for a change, it's not like they're not ALREADY ALL OVER THE PLACE.

"Racist" in particular is the norm in U.S. society since around 1676, so maybe you'll have to deal with that reality, as should your friend Polly. "Racist" is not a deep, dark, hidden, psychological hate-disorder that strikes only the rarest of victims. It is an ideology and a system that people and institutions apply, often without wanting to admit it, regularly denying it even to themselves.

Right now, the president of the United States has been having a peak period of heavily promoting racist ideology, something that he has done for decades and with which he did, in fact, begin his campaign.

To those who genuinely don't want to see it, who still want to think this is a "businessman" who will "drain the swamp" or "stop wars" or expose the evil elite (of "liberals" and "globalists" only) or bring about some version of Christian america (ha and ha and ha and ha) or free the working class of the bad effects of NAFTA: sorry, but it's time to wise the fuck up. When he reaches the stage of singling out members of Congress and telling them to "go back where they came from" and eliciting "send her back" chants from his fucking moron mob, what the fuck is it supposed to be? At some point (back during the Mexican judge thing) even Paul Ryan figured out and stated this is racism.

We (the left) are in worse shape than I thought. And that makes me sad.

"We." Please.

Definitely this should return to being a thread for research and news about the Epstein case, I submit.

Last edited by JackRiddler on Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Heaven Swan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:39 pm

The only Red Ice video I’ve ever watched is the interview with Polly about Liberalism being a cult, (which is well worth watching). And I say this not to proclaim my purity but to state a fact. I thought the interviewer was a shallow ditz, but to me Polly seems like a woman of substance.She backs up her research with references. Like others have said in this thread, most of what she says can probably be found scattered around but I like how she connects dots. And because of my exposure to survivor testimony, my ears perk up when I hear things I’ve heard from many of them.

Have you guys actually watched the videos? Please don’t comment further on them until you have. Elvis watched them and I respect him for that. He said she seemed like a very nice lady. Please stop attacking me for everything she or everyone on Red Ice channel has ever said or done.

After all the screeching about Nazis, I do want to watch some of Red Ice’s content to see if it’s true.
Why don’t you want people to watch these things? Don’t worry. As a lesbian-feminist Latina there’s zero chance that I’ll defect to the right anytime soon.

I’ve actually been spending the little time I have to research these things on European content.
"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:57 pm

"screeching about Nazis" = typical PR schtick language in which one attempts to characterize those who speak up out of turn (in this case about Nazis and their friends) as unhinged, unbalanced, etc.

The start of Amazing Polly's videos is the RedIce intro. She is part of the RedIce product line. On the team. In the batting order. The start of Amazing Polly's videos is the RedIce intro.

Several random samplings from "liberalism as cult" find her going on and on in each case about how terrible it is that "liberals" have been brainwashed not to give President Trump a chance, although he is trying to do such good things, and instead they are calling him such awful names. Just because of the racist things he actually says, and has been going absolutely crazy with again in the last couple of weeks! Poor guy!

I have heard enough of this "side" in my life.

And it is quite possible Trump's been stirring up the virtual and conceivably actual lynch mobs all the more lately in order to divert attention from the Epstein matter! Trump, whose cabinet until a moment ago included Acosta. Trump, who's been associated with Epstein as long as a certain Clinton. Are we going to approve attempts aired on a Nazi-lite network to effectively cover up the Trump angle in this "scandal"?

If I was posting this shit, HS, I certainly would not be putting on leftist drag and pretending I had the best interests of something called "the left" in mind, or seeking anything other than some kind of Red-Brown alliance, in which of course Brown eats Red.

If these are your politics, show some fucking integrity and own them.

This schtick is familiar, you're hardly the first to be doing it on this board: posting Nazi-lite crap approvingly and then wrapping it in some innocent talk of "golly-gee lookit what I happened to discover of interest" and "golly gee I hope this important stuff isn't ignored just because it doesn't fit leftist prejudices, I feel so sorry for our beloved left and SJW friends..."

And must you post this non-Epstein shit like the "brainwashed liberals" show on this completely unrelated thread?

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby RocketMan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:21 pm

Vanity Fair is on the case. Was it Vanity Fair the deep-sixed the initial Epstein accusations by two women from Vicky Ward in the early 2000s..? Maybe they're trying to make amends...

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/07 ... AEgnTetiLk

“THE GIRLS WERE JUST SO YOUNG”: THE HORRORS OF JEFFREY EPSTEIN’S PRIVATE ISLAND

Ever since billionaire Jeffrey Epstein was arrested on July 6 on charges of sex trafficking, the media have been scrambling to make sense of what happened on Little St. James, his 70-acre private island in the Caribbean. But on nearby St. Thomas, locals say Epstein continued to bring underage girls to the island as recently as this year—a decade after he was forced to register as a convicted sex offender—and that authorities did nothing to stop him.

Two employees who worked at the local airstrip on St. Thomas tell Vanity Fair that they witnessed Epstein boarding his private plane on multiple occasions in the company of girls who appeared to be under the age of consent. According to the employees, the girls arrived with Epstein aboard one of his two Gulfstream jets. Between January 2018 and June 2019, previously published flight records show, the jets were airborne at least one out of every three days. They stopped all over the world, sometimes for only a few hours at a time: Paris, London, Slovakia, Mexico, Morocco. When they left St. Thomas, the employees say, they returned to airports near Epstein’s homes in Palm Beach and New York City.

“On multiple occasions I saw Epstein exit his helicopter, stand on the tarmac in full view of my tower, and board his private jet with children—female children,” says a former air traffic controller at the airstrip who asked to remain anonymous. “One incident in particular really stands out in my mind, because the girls were just so young. They couldn’t have been over 16. Epstein looked very angry and hurled his jacket at one of them. They were also carrying shopping bags from stores not on the island. I remember thinking, ‘Where in the world have they been shopping?’”

Another employee at the airstrip, who requested anonymity because he is not allowed to speak about travelers in his official capacity, says Epstein would land at St. Thomas twice a month on average. “There’d be girls that look like they could be in high school,” the employee recalls. “They looked very young. They were always wearing college sweatshirts. It seemed like camouflage, that’s the best way to put it.” Epstein would be dressed in a tracksuit, but the girls carried shopping bags from designer labels: Gucci, Dior.

The employee adds that he and his co-workers would joke around about what they were seeing. “Every time he landed or took off, it was always brought up. We’d always be joking, ‘How many kids are on board this time?’” But the employee also says he felt “pure disgust,” calling it “absolutely insane” that a convicted sex offender was able to move around so openly in the era of MeToo.

“I could see him with my own eyes,” the employee says. “I compared it to seeing a serial killer in broad daylight. I called it the face of evil.”

Epstein apparently made no attempt to hide his travels with young girls. The airstrip in St. Thomas sits in plain sight of a central highway, and a nearby parking lot at the University of the Virgin Islands provides a complete view of the tarmac and almost every aircraft on the ground. When he’s “home” on Little St. James, Epstein’s plane is always parked right in front of the control tower.

“The fact that young girls were getting out of his helicopter and getting into his plane, it was like he was flaunting it,” the employee says. “But it was said that he always tipped really well, so everyone overlooked it.”

In fact, it appears that local authorities did nothing to investigate Epstein’s repeated trips with young girls—let alone intervene—despite the fact that he was listed on the island’s registry of sex offenders. Chief William Harvey, a veteran of the Virgin Islands police department, tells Vanity Fair that he does not know who Epstein is, and is unaware of any investigation into him. Sammuel Sanes, a former senator for the Virgin Islands, says he is unaware of any special precautions taken by law enforcement to track the arrivals and departures of Epstein’s jet on St. Thomas, or the movements of his helicopter to and from his private island.

Lawyers for Epstein, who has pleaded not guilty to the charges of sex trafficking, say he “flatly denies any illegal involvement with underage women.” But those on the island who witnessed Epstein in action remain shocked that a convicted pedophile could brazenly continue to travel to and from the United States accompanied by young girls.

“My colleagues and I definitely talked about how we didn’t understand how this guy was still allowed to be around children,” says the former air traffic controller. “We didn’t say anything because we figured law enforcement was doing their job. I have to say that that is regrettable, but we really didn’t even know who to tell, or if anyone really cared.”
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby DrEvil » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:26 pm

Heaven Swan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:39 pm wrote:The only Red Ice video I’ve ever watched is the interview with Polly about Liberalism being a cult, (which is well worth watching). And I say this not to proclaim my purity but to state a fact. I thought the interviewer was a shallow ditz, but to me Polly seems like a woman of substance.She backs up her research with references. Like others have said in this thread, most of what she says can probably be found scattered around but I like how she connects dots. And because of my exposure to survivor testimony, my ears perk up when I hear things I’ve heard from many of them.

Have you guys actually watched the videos? Please don’t comment further on them until you have. Elvis watched them and I respect him for that. He said she seemed like a very nice lady. Please stop attacking me for everything she or everyone on Red Ice channel has ever said or done.

After all the screeching about Nazis, I do want to watch some of Red Ice’s content to see if it’s true.
Why don’t you want people to watch these things? Don’t worry. As a lesbian-feminist Latina there’s zero chance that I’ll defect to the right anytime soon.

I’ve actually been spending the little time I have to research these things on European content.

How about this:
The Shoah: The Biggest Hoax of the 20th Century?

https://redice[dot]tv/red-ice-radio/the-shoah-the-biggest-hoax-of-the-20th-century

Or this:
This is an anti-fascist board. Propagation of fascist, neo-Nazi and "white pride" causes, including sympathetically linking to sites which advocate such, will not be permitted. This includes revisionist histories of the Holocaust.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8705

This board has rules because some opinions are offensive and stupid and shouldn't be posted. That's not censorship, that's just Jeff saying keep that shit out of my house. You could probably have found dozens or hundreds of level-headed critiques of the left that didn't include Nazi or Qanon horseshit, but you didn't, so don't act so surprised when people take issue with it.

:backtotopic:
Last edited by DrEvil on Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:43 pm

Wow, this is phenomenal.

Cross-posting SLAD's from another thread, which in turn comes from a Daily Kos writer, SwedishJewfish, in 2016.

Original:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/1 ... ive-Part-1

This is about Trump's turn of the decade: late 1980s, late 1990s.

On his association with Elite modeling agency founder, Casablancas. And the founding of his own Trump modeling agency. (This is also just before he bought Miss Universe in 1996.)

And the author covers a five, six year period, late 80s to 90s, in which "the empire" seemed to be falling apart, which happens also to be the time from which date all of the worst accusations of rape against Trump. Which on first glance seems to be more than incidental.

And this is the time in which he is known to have hung out with Epstein, and from which we have that very revealing NBC archival footage.

Just to settle any dispute here about the NBC tape, what does it reveal? In my view: That Trump and Epstein were friendly acquaintances. That Trump did an extremely sexist self-promotional, filmed by NBC, which involved a squad of cheerleaders. It is to this event that Trump invites Epstein, who may have arrived with his procurer, Ghislaine Maxwell. In the footage Trump is very solicitous and chummy with Epstein, who remains more reserved about it.* Trump repeatedly whispers in his ear, pointing to women and saying things like, "She's hot."

* At the time, many years before the first Epstein revelations in public, Trump would have been the far more embarrassing acquaintance to have.

In any case, the following piece dug up by SLAD and posted on the other thread provides potentially important context for the Epstein matter, at least regarding allegations that have come up against Trump (including the woman who claimed she was procured by Epstein's operation and was raped by Trump at age 13).

seemslikeadream » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:38 am wrote:
"We All Knew About the Trafficking"-The Untold Story of Trump Model Management (Part 1)
in the world at the time. Casablancas would eventually work for the company as well, as one of their talent agents in Paris. Through his work and his numerous romances with models, he realized that many of the women were growing restless in the low wage, unglamorous existence they had under the stewardship of Eileen Ford, and resented the fact that they often couldn’t afford the clothes they were modeling. Ford ran her agency with an iron fist, imposing curfews and morality clauses on her models, and insisting on chaperones for photo shoots. This code of conduct and strict rules were largely informed by Ford’s own experiences as a model, and her understanding of how predatory the industry could be. She was committed to both protecting her models, and making the industry more professional as a whole. And while Ford could be overbearing, she was also a motherly influence and brought in many of the models she represented into her home to nurture them alongside her 4 children and help them navigate the perils of a notoriously exploitative industry.

Casablancas, who broke away from Ford and started Elite Model Management in 1972, by contrast, offered something different. First, he offered money-much more than models were making under Ford and similar agencies. He also offered the prospect of a more exiting lifestyle unhindered by curfews or morality clauses, where late night partying, drug use and hedonistic pleasures were encouraged. While Ford and her compatriots provided the security of labor protection-such as standardized pay and working hours- Casablancas embraced the increasingly popular principals of unbridled capitalism and neoliberalism. In exchange for employment security he gave them an opportunity to earn money commensurate with their commercial success, and the possibilities were endless.

Casablancas opened Elite Model Management in 1972 with a roster of all-star talent, cementing his reputation as a top tier agency. But within its first year, 2 of his top models were dead. The first was Paula Brenken, who mysteriously dove out a window in a drunken state the night after she told friends she had been raped by a photographer. The next to die was Emmanuel Dano, who became hooked on drugs soon after signing with Elite. According to Casablancas, she was out for a late night drive with several male friends when they attempted to rape her, and fell out of the moving car while trying to fight off her attackers. He said she died instantly. This story raised quite a few eyebrows, in part because it was John Casablancas who discovered her body- lying in her own bed. In both cases there was little police investigation, despite the suspicious circumstances of these deaths-and the fact that the only explanation came from Casablancas.

John Casablancas, a marketing genius, would somehow be able to use those high profile tragedies as good publicity-his agency became the object of fascination, and stories of his models’ exploits became legendary. People in the fashion industry, the media, and the public became obsessed with following their every move, and Casablancas learned the benefits of courting controversy, and using media coverage as a marketing tool. In 1977 Casablancas moved his agency headquarters to New York, and set about stealing as many Ford girls as he could.

Ford struck back, hitting him with a lawsuit for unlawful business practices and beginning a long running legal battle that would become known as “The Model Wars”. For Casablancas, this only solidified his resolve-he would not only take Ford’s girls, he would make them successful beyond their wildest dreams and he would become the number one agency in the world.

As they approached the end of the 1970’s the two men were on very different trajectories. Donald Trump met, and started dating, Czech model Ivana Zelníčková- a woman who, despite his later claims that she was a supermodel, was in reality barely making a living posing in her bikini at trade shows at the time they met. Ivana and Trump would marry in 1978 and their first child, Donald Jr., would be born 8 months later.

While Trump set about his life as a not particularly involved husband and father, John Casablancas became a staple of the New York gossip circuit, where his dalliances with the most beautiful women in the world were splashed across page 6 every week, and his high class lifestyle became the stuff of legend. Casablancas-young, undeniably handsome and increasingly wealthy, was no doubt the envy of many men at the time. Furthermore, he was untouchable-during his glory days he would be accused of rape, murder, and everything in between-and it never seemed to affect him personally or professionally.

(Quote from Bad and Beautiful: Inside the Dazzling and Deadly World of Supermodels by Ian Haplerin)

“[Casablancas] didn’t care what the media said about him, just as long as they spelled his name right” said entertainment critic Thomas Mann. “He knew how to play the media to a tee and was a master at turning any publicity he got into dollars. The craziest part is he didn’t have to spend a dime marketing himself. The press followed him wherever he went, and became obsessed with every detail of his life.

And while Trump entered his long period of reckless business deals and marital strife, Casablancas was becoming an international star, credited with creating the supermodel. With his stable of women-both the ones he poached from rival agencies, and a growing roster of mostly young teenage girls recruited by his team of less than reputable international talent scouts-he embraced his reputation for risk taking and debauchery. After signing Cindy Crawford in 1988 he encouraged her to pose for Playboy magazine, as a way to expand her brand. The ensuing publicity led to a job as host of the MTV show “House of Style” and her iconic Superbowl ad for Pepsi. In 1995 she topped the Forbes list of highest-paid models, earning $6.5 million. The era of the supermodel had begun.

Donald Trump, for his part, was becoming increasingly restless, and reckless. Despite fathering 3 children and having a devoted wife, by all accounts he didn’t spend much time with any of them, preferring work and play to the routines of domestic life. In the 80’s he made at least two life changing decisions-to step out on his wife publicly, and to expand his negligible empire into Atlantic City casinos. He built Harrah’s at Trump Plaza in 1984, and a partially completed building that became Trump Castle in 1985-a property that would be managed by his first wife, Ivana. He also scooped up the Taj Mahal in 1988, which at a cost of $1.1 billion made it the most expensive casino ever built at the time.

Somewhere along the line, during this time period, Trump appears to have hardened and grown cynical. Despite all of his efforts, by most accounts he was never really accepted by the Manhattan social

crowd. No matter how many buildings he put his name on, or how many millions he was worth, he was still always seen as a bit of a joke. Over time his resentment grew, and simmered into anger-and his actions became increasingly fueled by his need to settle scores.

According to the accounts of his business partner at Harrah’s, he was not well suited for the gambling world and was nothing more than an off-puttingly rude presence on the casino floor, often becoming angry at the very high rollers who make such industries incredibly lucrative in the first place, and demanding they leave if they were too far ahead of the house in their betting. Trump became steeped in excess, making extravagant purchases such as a private jet which he decorated with his name emblazoned across the fuselage-and yet he was so cheap that he refused to fly in VIP clients, even those who were prepared to put up millions of dollars in bets-because he didn’t want to waste the gas and he was concerned over the prospect of them using his gold plated toilets and introducing him to strange germs.

As his Atlantic City escapades began, Trump was in the midst of at least one torrid affair-with a 20 year old beauty queen, no less, named Marla Maples. She was trying unsuccessfully to break into show business. In an attempt to keep first wife Ivana distracted from his dalliances, he would put her in charge of his Trump Castle property-a job for which she was given a salary, as he boasted, of $1 a year (and “all the dresses she can buy”). With Ivana distracted, he became increasingly hot and heavy with Marla, who he put up in a condo at Trump Tower and controlled every aspect of her social life.

In the meantime his relationship with Ivana deteriorated-culminating in a now legendary ski slope showdown in Aspen between his wife and his girlfriend. And according to a sworn deposition that she gave during the divorce (which she would publicly distance herself from later) Donald brutally raped her:

After a painful scalp reduction surgery to remove a bald spot, Donald Trump confronted his then-wife, who had previously used the same plastic surgeon.

“Your fucking doctor has ruined me!” Trump cried.

What followed was a “violent assault,” according to Lost Tycoon. Donald held back Ivana’s arms and began to pull out fistfuls of hair from her scalp, as if to mirror the pain he felt from his own operation. He tore off her clothes and unzipped his pants.

“Then he jams his penis inside her for the first time in more than sixteen months. Ivana is terrified… It is a violent assault,” Hurt writes. “According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidantes, ‘he raped me.’”

Following the incident, Ivana ran upstairs, hid behind a locked door, and remained there “crying for the rest of night.” When she returned to the master bedroom in the morning, he was there.

“As she looks in horror at the ripped-out hair scattered all over the bed, he glares at her and asks with menacing casualness: ‘Does it hurt?’”

Trump, perhaps inspired by the success of John Casablancas in earned media, decided to turn the ending of his first marriage into a Greek Tragedy for the ages. New personas were created in the form of “publicists” that sounded uncannily like Donald Trump himself. These personas called reporters to scoop them on salacious details of his exploits. Trump and/or his alter ego/”publicist” would call Page Six reporter Liz Smith and others incessantly to let them know that Mr. Trump, while still technically married, and already carrying on a serious relationship with his mistress, was nonetheless the object of unbridled desire by the most beautiful women on the planet, who he apparently had to beat off with a stick. Madonna was chasing him around like a dog in heat. He was bedding “literally dozens” of models-a different one every day of the week. Kim Basinger was among his many conquests. And Carla Bruni-at the time one of the most high-profile supermodels in the world-was pursuing him to the point that restraining orders might end up necessary. Such was the sexual magnetism of “The Donald” in the late 80’s, early 90’s-to hear him publicist John Barron say it.

Of course the fake publicist ruse eventually caught up with him. Page 6 reporters were all too familiar with the voice of Donald Trump, as was Marla Maples who they played the tape for to confirm. And eventually Trump would admit that the story about Carla Bruni was really just a way to get his long suffering mistress jealous. And yet despite the fact that the ostensible relationship was entirely fictional, Trump has continued to act like he did in fact have an affair with Carla Bruni. As recently as 2008, in an interview with Howard Stern-he played coy when asked about his past dalliances with Bruni (who went on to become the first lady of France after marrying Nicholas Sarkozy) and made the now infamous comment about her less than impressive breasts-saying “very hard to be a 10 when you’re flat chested.”

NY Post story about Trump’s “romance” with Carla Bruni
Bruni, for her part, vehemently denied that she was ever romantically involved with Trump, and said she felt “humiliated” by the story. Indeed she had a very different account of their one and only encounter. As she remembered it, while in New York for a charity event Donald Trump tracked her down at her hotel and tried to get in her pants. Thoroughly uninterested and annoyed, Carla would ultimately trick Trump into paying for a master suite in the hotel where she was staying-a suite where Carla and her friends spent the next few days ordering room service and gloating over the way they fooled the ‘King of Tacky.’

She speculated it may have been in retaliation for her rejection that Trump planted the story that they were romantically involved. A year later she would sum up the entire scandal in one perfect sentence- “Trump has obviously always been a lunatic”

Trump’s bizarre behavior around Carla, and women generally, turns out to have been fairly typical for Donald Trump. In fact it gives us quite an interesting glimpse into his personality. You see, despite his attempts to portray himself as a Don Juan, he really didn’t have much in the way of game-at least according to those who know him. “In all honesty, Donald is completely awkward with women,” a Trump insider told the New York Daily News in a July 2016 interview. “He never developed small talk. He’s not very social. He doesn’t have any friends. Plus, he’s completely paranoid about venereal disease and AIDS.”

In light of this, and considering the other things that were going on in his life, I will make an observation- Trump has been in the public eye for around 30 years, and his personal life-including romantic dalliances-have been exhaustively covered. Yet within those multiple decades in the public eye, there is a period of a little under five years in which Trump faced multiple accusations of sexual harassment and assault. To me, at least, the high number of accusations within a short time period are striking, as are similarities between each woman’s account.

His alleged rape of his first wife Ivana takes place in late 1989. He was accused of sexually harassing a model in 1992. A lawsuit filed by Jill Hearth alleged ongoing sexual misconduct-including an attempted rape, over the course of 2 months spanning between 1993 and 1994. And his alleged rape of a 13 year old girl (which I will discuss in more detail in the next installment) was reported as taking place in early 1994. As far as I’m aware, no other allegations have surfaced-although women in both his employ and personal life have spoken out about his continued inappropriate behavior and comments.

1989-1995 just so happens to be the same time period in which Donald Trump’s world and empire was falling apart at the seams. In the beginning of the decade he was facing the end of his first marriage and a looming court battle. Despite his purportedly active dating life, by many accounts Trump was being rejected by many, if not most, of the women he pursued-including Carla Bruni and Jill Hearth. Marla Maples, after years of being the secret mistress and repeated rounds of being dumped and publicly humiliated by Trump, was starting to lose her patience. And the big gamble he took in Atlantic City was, by all accounts, failing miserably-a direct result of his jaw droppingly awful business practices and general incompetence. In 1991, his Taj Mahal Casino filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. In 1992, he again filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, this time on his Trump Plaza Hotel (also in Atlantic City), at the time owing $550 million dollars. Recall that he would report an almost 1 billion dollar loss on his 1995 tax returns, according to the copies obtained by the New York Times. Indeed, the early

90’s were not a very good era for Donald Trump. In light of this fact, it’s worth noting that the sexual assault allegations against him are all clustered within this very time frame.

In light of this, and considering the other things that were going on in his life, I will make an observation- Trump has been in the public eye for around 30 years, and his personal life-including romantic dalliances-have been exhaustively covered. Yet within those multiple decades in the public eye, there is a period of a little under five years in which Trump faced multiple accusations of sexual harassment and assault. To me, at least, the high number of accusations within a short time period are striking, as are similarities between each woman’s account.

His alleged rape of his first wife Ivana takes place in late 1989. He was accused of sexually harassing a model in 1992. A lawsuit filed by Jill Hearth alleged ongoing sexual misconduct-including an attempted rape, over the course of 2 months spanning between 1993 and 1994. And his alleged rape of a 13 year old girl (which I will discuss in more detail in the next installment) was reported as taking place in early 1994. As far as I’m aware, no other allegations have surfaced-although women in both his employ and personal life have spoken out about his continued inappropriate behavior and comments.

1989-1995 just so happens to be the same time period in which Donald Trumps world and empire was falling apart at the seams. In the beginning of the decade he was facing the end of his first marriage and a looming court battle. Despite his purportedly active dating life, by many accounts Trump was being rejected by many, if not most, of the women he pursued-including Carla Bruni and Jill Hearth. Marla Maples, after years of being the secret mistress and repeated rounds of being dumped and publicly humiliated by Trump, was starting to lose her patience. And the big gamble he took in Atlantic City was, by all accounts, failing miserably-a direct result of his jaw droppingly awful business practices and general incompetence. In 1991, his Taj Mahal Casino filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. In 1992, he again filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy again, this time on his Trump Plaza Hotel (also in Atlantic City), at the time owing $550 million dollars. Recall that he would report an almost 1 billion dollar loss on his 1995 tax returns, according to the copies obtained by the New York Times. Indeed, the early 90’s were not a very good era for Donald Trump. In light of this fact, it’s worth noting that the sexual assault allegations against him are all clustered within this very time frame.

Casablancas in the 1980’s-The Beginning of the End

For his part John Casablancas enjoyed continued success throughout most of the 1980’s, building the largest and most profitable modeling agency in the world. But beneath the glitz and glamour of his supermodels and lifestyle lurked a much darker reality. Once his agency was established, Casablancas embarked on creating a kind of hierarchy-a multi-tiered system that his prospects would have to navigate in order to be signed. Casablancas would ultimately turn over the day to day control of his agency to his business partner, and focus most of his time and energy on his “New Faces” division, meeting dozens of aspiring models a day in the comfort of his corner office, away from prying eyes.

It was in this private setting that Casablancas began the tradition of weighing and measuring girls, which soon became widespread throughout the industry. It was a practice that served the dual purpose of allowing agencies to closely monitor any weight gain, and created a pretense for agents to meet with young models alone in their offices, and require them to strip nude. The tier system incentivized doing whatever it took to get to “the top”-a perch which 99% of the young girls scouted and brought before Casablancas would never reach-there were only a handful of models who could wake up for nothing less than $10,000 a day, after all. But the possibility was tantalizing, and Casablancas was a skilled groomer who lavished every one of his models with attention and made them feel like they had the potential to reach the top. This created a power dynamic that had previously not existed. Among models it was understood that John Casablancas could make you a star. It was also understood that he could ruin you.

The system worked for a while, but it was foiled by the fact that the playboys-in particular John Casablancas- were used to living by a different set of rules, and never being held accountable. None of these men were shy about their behavior, and the fact that they were bedding models as young as 12 on a routine basis was well known. But in the 1980’s the cultural tides started to turn against them. With increased awareness of child sexual abuse-both its alarming prevalence and it’s devastating effect on victims- attitudes began to change, and the public became less tolerant of famous men and their dalliances with children. And soon enough John Casablancas and his fellow playboys would find themselves embroiled in increasingly distasteful scandals involving underage girls.

Very Young Girls

In 1984, John Casablancas met then 14-year old Stephanie Seymour at his newly launched “look of the year” contest for Elite. Casablancas selected Seymour as the local winner, but declared her a bit too undeveloped for his personal tastes (“if I looked at anyone with interest, it was her mom!” he said) and she was shipped back off to Florida to start her sophomore year in high school. Throughout the year, Seymour, continued to write to Casablancas (“the kid was delightful” he said of her correspondence, “she would send little letters and when you opened the letter, little silver stars would fall out”) and Casablancas responded to her correspondence personally, urging her to come back to New York and join his agency once school let out. At the end of her sophomore year she did just that, and by this time she was finally up to Casablancas’s exhausting standards. “By that time...her body was extraordinary-she was long and thin and the shapes were where they had to be-and her face was gorgeous, with this innocent little-child voice” he said in an interview, explaining his lust over a girl young enough to be his grandchild.

On the night of her 16th birthday, John Casablancas threw Stephanie Seymour a party at a cocaine-fueled nightclub in Milan, presenting her with a ,goblet of milk and plate of cookies. One week later, he would move in with her.

John Casablancas meets model hopefuls in his Denver offices in 1983
Casablancas affinity for very young girls was not a secret-in fact it was legendary within the fashion industry and the social scene in New York City long before it became public knowledge. “I really, really have a bit of Pygmalion syndrome” he admitted in an interview, before discussing how he encouraged one of his 17 year old “new face” girls to lose weight by telling her that he was “really, really turned off” by her body (The Pygmalion effect, or Rosenthal effect, is the phenomenon whereby higher expectations lead to an increase in performance. The effect is named after the Greek myth of Pygmalion, a sculptor who fell in love with a statue he had carved)

By the time “New York Magazine” did a front page profile of him in 1988, Casablancas reputation for bedding young models was established and begrudgingly accepted (a price to pay in exchange for his “genius”) within the New York social scene, but the expose came as a shock to many outside the bubble. John Casablancas would soon find out that he was not as untouchable as he thought he was.

In the article-which ran under the title “Girl Crazy”-Casablancas was portrayed as a champagne guzzling pervert, singularly dedicated to the “new look” department of Elite where he spent his days ogling the scantily clad, sometimes naked bodies of teenage girls.

In light of Donald Trump’s more alarming comments and decisions around his daughter Ivanka, this quote stands out:

Casablancas talked about his seventeen year old daughter, Cecile. He said Cecile had been solicited by a photographer last summer on a beach in Ibiza.The photographer asked her to pose in a bikini, and Casablancas raced over to try to get a $2,000 fee for the shot. “She’s got a great little body” he told his models.

Another quote that brings a chuckle and a nod of recognition in this story is Casablancas’s bizarre pride over never having changed a diaper. Donald Trump would make similar boasts in a Howard Stern interview a few years later. Compelling proof this is not, but I do believe it’s a hint at the kind of Don Juan persona that Don, far from a Juan, actually a dejected, balding husband with a crumbling empire,

John Casablancas and Donald Trump at the Elite “Look of the Year” competition, 1994. Trump served on the judges panel.
“Girl Crazy”- marked the beginning of John Casablancas downfall. The article became a huge scandal that reverberated far beyond the modeling industry and into the mainstream press. It was especially visible in New York City, where Elite had it’s headquarters and where Casablancas lived and was an active part of the social scene. Certainly, without a doubt, it would have gotten around to Donald Trump.

But the scandal did not end there, nor did it begin. Less than a month earlier 60 minutes aired a prime-time special on the abuses of underage girls in the modeling industry. Investigative reporter Craig Pyes portrayed the modeling industry as infested with agents who were notorious hustlers and playboys. His report revealed that both Claude Haddad- the head of European scouting for Ford- and Ford’s Paris-based agent Jean-Luc Brunel had been accused of horrific sexual misconduct by many models. The special aired the interviews of dozens of women who accused both Brunel and Haddad of a litany of crimes, ranging from racist invective towards black models to violent rape. And in fact the hidden camera footage captured in filming the special caught it all- from Xavier lamenting about n**er models, to Haddad chuckling about drugging and raping 13 year old girls. According to Model At a retreat soon after the one-two punch delivered by the coverage, Haddad, Jean Luc Brunel and Casablancas were once again overheard (albeit not taped this time around) laughing about their crimes. Alternatively they were angry when confronted by interim scouting manager Trudi Tapscott-”I’m a man and I have needs, I will not apologize for that!” Casablancas is said to have declared.

There was, to be fair, fallout from these reports. Brunel and Haddad were condemned by Eileen Ford, and Casablancas never fully regained his public reputation. But the public and the insular world of fashion are very different animals, and within the latter the only repercussions any of the men faced was in retribution for airing the industries dirty laundry with their sloppiness. Haddad and Brunel kept their jobs, albeit not in an official capacity. And while Casablancas was removed from his official role as head of the “New Faces” division of Elite, where he had unrestrained access and influence over the youngest and most impressionable girls represented by his agency, he didn’t go very far. His unofficial capacity was far-reaching, and his behaviors were explained away by his replacements. One of the agents taking his place was Trudi Tapscott-the same woman who had tried unsuccessfully to confront John after his forced retirement. While initially she was furious at Casablancas, less than a year later she had softened her stance. Quoted in Model, she stated ”People in this business use their power to manipulate people in ways that are unfair”. But she nonetheless told the many parents who were concerned about Casablancas-who still retained an unofficial role in the division-that he was not a manipulator. “My answer is that no one ever did anything they didn’t want to” she stated. “I’m amazed how these girls act in certain situations. They knew more about making passes [at men] than I ever knew”

Over time Donald Trump would emerge from the ruins of his empire with a new approach to business, and a new source of income-in 1996 he bought the rights to the Miss Universe franchise, and became the central figure in the running of these pageants. And in 1999 he started a modeling agency-T models, later changed to Trump Model Management. The correlation of interests is quite clear-for a man awkward around women but dependent on his public image saying otherwise, a stable of women under his employ was a way to boost his image-and even better, he was able to lock all of these women into non disclosure agreements, ensuring that his behavior with them had little chance of becoming public knowledge. It also appeared to have served as a useful tool regarding his business transactions-which, in the aftermath of his bankruptcy, were increasingly dependent on some less than savory characters. How he did this, and the breadth of this activity, will be explored in the next installment. But for the time being, there is one final aspect of this story that is breathtaking, and speaks more to the character of Donald Trump than anything else.

Ivanka

Fourteen year old Ivanka, the suddenly ravishing mini-babe who seems like one of those kids from soap operas-4 years old one day, 19 the next-is starting to model [...]

Donald is particularly enthusiastic.

-New York Magazine, December 18th 1995

7 years had passed since John Casablancas had appeared on the cover of New York magazine, declaring his love for underage girls, and Donald and Ivana had made a decision-their daughter, Ivanka, would become a model. Despite a widespread belief that she was too young, too naive, and wasn’t quite aesthetically suited for the industry-Ivanka Trump was nonetheless able to get signed to a major agency, At the tender age of 13, she signed on with the new look department of Elite Model Management- under the tutelage of none other than John Casablancas:

It seems that Monica Pillard, the president of Elite, had been eyeing Ivanka since she spotted her on her father's lap four years ago, when Mr. Trump was a judge of a new-talent contest for the agency.

Mr. Trump and Elite have a longstanding, informal relationship. Ms. Pillard served as a judge in the Miss Universe pageant, which is jointly owned by Mr. Trump and CBS, as is the Miss Teen USA pageant. John Casablancas, Elite's founder, is a friend of Mr. Trump's, and Elite has held events at Trump Tower in Manhattan.

Yes, Donald Trump decided to entrust his daughter to this man. Yes, Casablancas still had his job. He would weather charges of tax evasion, and class action lawsuit-but eventually his past caught up with him. In 2002 he was sued by a former model who alleged that Casablancas had raped her when she was 15, and then forced her to get an abortion. The lawsuit was settled for an undisclosed amount, and in 2003 Elite model management officially declared bankruptcy.

Despite the fact that Ivanka largely flopped as a model, Donald Trump would continue to brag about her physical beauty, physique, and ostensibly prolific modeling career.

He would also go on to unceremoniously dump Marla Maples, his long suffering mistress having become his reluctant second bride, and shut her down with legal arrangements that both forbade her from saying a negative word about him in public for all time, and ensured she got next to nothing in spousal/child support. Maples agreed to this despite the fact that she had already raised their daughter Tiffany almost entirely on her own. In fact until his presidential run Trump had not shown a modicum of fatherly interest in her life aside from the bizarre speculation-when she was merely a baby-about her future breast size and compliments of her 1 year old legs on Lifestyles of the RIch and Famous. Over a decade later, in one of his few public acknowledgements of her existence, he would smirk as he admitted to Howard Stern that he had urged Marla to abort her.

In the meantime Elite and Ford collapsed under the weight of their scandals-creating a vacuum of talent to cash in on. A a cast of shady characters and playboys were drawn in, eager to capitalize on the power, social status and potential fortune that could be found in the business of beautiful girls.

As Ford lost her grip on power, for better or worse, so died the last vestiges of a honor code within the modeling world. While the one that existed was without teeth, it still marked a change. During this time, the supermodel era also came to an end-no model since has ever dared to suggest that there was a price tag attached to her presence. Modesty-in terms of value and talent-became synonymous with greed and hubris. The fact that models-even supermodels-never gained the riches that were born of their starved bodies and faces didn’t matter. The fact that the largest spoils went to the very men who were caught on hidden camera laughing about raping underage girls didn’t matter. The industry was, like so many others, an unregulated wild west. And into this fray came numerous playboys and would-become kings. Jean Luc Brunel, the unwitting star of the BBC undercover investigation started MC2. Claude Haddad, his co-star, started DNA. Paolo Zampolli, who we will talk about in the next installment, started ID. Michel Adam Lisowski started FashionTV. And Donald J. Trump started Trump Model Management.

All of these individuals and companies are, as it turns out, inextricably linked in ways that leave little doubt of the nature of their business. The fashion industry, as exploitative and morally ambiguous as it is on it’s very surface, is in fact merely the rock that covers an ecosystem of underground creatures beneath. This ecosystem will be explored and laid bare in my next post. This is a story that must be told in layers and parts. It involves oligarchs and diplomats, tax evasion, and trafficking of drugs, weapons, and human beings.

But for now, it is important to explore the surface-because it is the most easily understood, provable, and in many ways it’s the most telling when it comes to the character of the man who wants to be president. And there are a myriad of important questions to ask knowing the facts thus far:

What kind of man seeks out, pursues friendship and business partnerships with a man who is unabashed in his predilection for underage girls? Who openly admits he prefers them young because they are easily manipulated? John Casablancas was “girl crazy”, and proud of it. His reputation was legendary.

Ivanka Trump at a modeling shoot, age 14
Imagine, for a moment, that John Casablancas was doing this type of thing with boys of the same age. Imagine he was inviting young teenagers to his private office, having them strip down to near or complete nudity, inspecting their bodies, talking about how he thought they were sexy, sending them off to Europe to get them “broken in”, and falling in love with them. The ages of the girls he preyed on is not all that far off from the ages of the boys that Jerry Sandusky abused, and we all readily acknowledge that’s wrong. Joe Paterno was widely-rightfully-condemned for turning a blind eye to what was happening. But when it’s 14 year old girls? Why does anyone, including Trump, who continued to do business with him get a pass? And why is this the first time, to my knowledge, that Trump’s association with John Casablancas has even been questioned in the public sphere?

And for that matter-What kind of man throws his 14 year old daughter into this den of wolves? Plausible deniability isn’t going to work on this one-Donald Trump knew about the state of the industry, he knew that it was a cesspool of drug abuse and sexual exploitation. Why would he sign his underage daughter with, of all people, John Casablancas? Anyone who was tangentially connected to the modeling industry was well aware of the scandals that plagued him-his relationship with Stephanie Seymour, his unrelenting desire for young girls. And furthermore, they KNEW that Casablancas’ attitude was far from an outlier, that in fact the industry was rife with people exactly like him, and hopelessly corrupted by their influence. This was not obscure knowledge-it was a subject of a national broadcast. It was an industry wide embarrassment. It was a front page story.

Donald Trump knew the reputation of Elite, he knew the reputation of the industry, he knew that it was a ripe hunting ground for young, impressionable girls. He knew that drugs were rampant and frequently pushed on “models” as they were hired under the guise of “entertainment” of “guests”-in fact, he admitted as much when asked about it in this New York Times Interview:

''This is an interesting case,'' he said over his speaker phone, which was not on a boat but rather in his office. ''I am only modestly in favor of this because I understand that that life is a very fast life, and at that age it is always a risky proposition.'

So what did Trump do? Did he recoil in horror? Did he disavow any further dealings with these people?

No.

If you as a parent knew all of this about the fashion industry, modeling in particular-what would you do if your child, 13 at the time, announced that she wanted to become a model? By all accounts it does not appear that Ivanka was even the driving force behind the decision to start modeling. In fact reading old profiles of Trump, it’s abundantly clear that both he and Ivana were excited and invigorated by the prospect of their little girl being on the catwalk and in the pages of Vogue. They promoted her tirelessly-especially Donald. He bragged to anyone who would listen about how beautiful Ivanka was, often remarking on her body. He sought affirmation from others when he asked if they (including a judge for MIss USA and others) thought his daughter was “hot”. Trump is invested in this idea of his daughter as sexually desirable. I suppose it lends credence to his superior genes theory, in a way. But even a eugenicist would be able to talk about their progeny in a way that doesn’t reduce them to their sex appeal. Every father in this country-at least the ones who don’t have some underlying pathology-understand that fixating on your daughters body, her “hotness”, let alone thinking about her sex life vis a vis your own and even “joking” about dating her-is downright bizarre. An outrageous comment, a joke that falls flat-it happens. But this isn’t a one off. This is a pervasive pattern of behavior and a reflection of belief.

Most men do not talk about their daughters in this way. Not when they are adults, not when they are teenagers, certainly not when they are infants as he did when it came to Tiffany and her legs and future breasts. And most fathers care enough about their daughters to not thrust them into an industry rife with abuse, placing them under the control of a man known to take advantage of his underage charges. This is the basic criteria for being a decent human being, and the bare minimum to be a competent parent-you don’t expose your children to this. You protect them from it. Donald Trump is apparently incapable of even rising to that most basic standard of decency.

In fact, many, many people and many companies decided not to work with Casablancas at all after his private behavior became public. Whether it was a moral stance, or a business decision, they determined he was toxic and should be avoided at all costs. Many people were able to see that associating with Casablancas would not reflect well on their character, and that any young woman they put in his presence would be at risk.

The End Game for Casablancas, The Beginning of a New Empire

Russian models display Trump Vodka -- encrusted in 24-carat gold -- at the Millionaire Fair in Moscow in 2007.
And so this is the sad epilogue of John Casablancas-the man, the legend, the rather morally bankrupt human being. With his career and reputation in tatters, he moved to Brazil and tried to become a new man. It was there, in Brazil, that he met a high school junior from the slums of Sao Paulo who would eventually become his third and final wife. Casablancas, 51 at the time, met the 17 year old at-where else? The Elite Look of the Year competition, which he was able to export to Brazil with the help of friends like Trump, and Trump’s “matchmaker” and future business partner Paolo Zampolli. Once again Donald Trump was in attendance for the contest, sitting on the judges panel-smirk on his face, beaming, ready and eager to assert dominance.

But where John Casablancas ended up at the end of his life is sadly ironic considering where our story began:

''The amount of money you have, especially in the region around São Paulo, is absolutely mind-boggling,'' said John Casablancas, the modeling mogul [...] 'You can be so elitist and so selective that you can focus on the upper crust of the upper crust.''

Mr. Casablancas, who sits on the board at Trump Realty Brazil and calls himself a ''lifestyle consultant of sorts'' for the resort's planning committee, predicts that Villa Trump will be such a success that it will end up having to turn people away.

-Trump Takes a Meeting, Now Backs a Resort in Brazil, New York Times, May 19 2004

Yes, John Casablancas- role model and rival to Donald Trump, the man who possessed the natural charm that Trump could never have, nonetheless ended up working for him in the end. And in many ways it would seem that Donald Trump ended up on top, doesn’t it? He has a beautiful wife who he has fooled most of the public into believing was once a high fashion model herself. She has given him another child who is good at the cyber, and stands as living testament to the continued virility of his orange hued father as he enters his 7th decade of life. But even better yet, Trump actually now has ownership over a stable of girls.

All of the sudden, it was Trump who was surrounded by the most beautiful women in the world, while John Casablancas settled down with wife #3 and served on Trumps board in Brazil- Which begs the question-exactly what type of lifestyle was John Casablancas promoting? What type of expertise did he bring to the table? Did he have a hidden knowledge of real estate all along? Or was his “expertise” something else entirely? We have an idea based on the people he was introduced to through Casablancas, but we will have to cover that in the next installment.

For now, I will simply note that John Casablancas died at the age of 70, of pancreatic cancer. He would go to his grave bitterly cursing the very supermodels he is credited with creating- raging about their high and mighty attitudes, inflated self-importance and sense of worth, Above all else their lack of appreciation for everything he, John Casablancas, had done for them. He died bitching, still, at the audacity of women Linda Evangelista expecting $10,000 a day for her presence. Never mind that his own presence went for considerably higher at the height of his career, or that it was Linda Evangelista’s face and body that were being photographed, not his. “That is something I will always regret” he said, of creating the supermodel. He called Naomi Campbell “odious”, and Heidi Klum a “talentless German sausage” (ever the Casablancas copy cat, Donald Trump would also insult Klum, saying that she was “no longer a 10” and lamenting the state of her apparently less than perfect bikini body 8 weeks postpartum)

In addition to his “lifestyle” consulting for Trump’s high class resorts precariously located in the middle of slums, Casablancas spent his final years working on other ventures. According to a late interview by Michael Gross for his fantastic book Model, he continued to do some kind of scouting-although the clients he worked for was never disclosed. Casablancas also developed a cyber-model agency, which he called “Illusion 2K”, which utilized the internet to facilitate global scouting. The program also featured computer-animated model, designed around what was considered an “ideal woman” at the time, named Webbie Tookay. Her greatest attribute, Casablancas said, was that she would never complain.

But there is one final endeavor that John Casablancas took on before his death, which carries on to this day. And I think it might sound familiar to anyone familiar with Trump.

Such glamour!
John Casablancas, you see, started a modeling school. It was wildly successful, and before long franchises started popping up all over the country like mushrooms. Women of my generation probably remember the ads in the back of YM and Seventeen magazine. They boasted of the training regimen,that Casablancas himself used for his new faces division. John Casablancas School of Modeling promised to transform any young lady with potential (as screened by the admissions office during an interview and upon review of a head-shot-later on I would find out that such “interviews” were conducted with anyone who applied and the majority of these Polaroids ended up in the dumpster)

I almost did it, but my parents balked at the cost. But my best friend in 7th grade-a former Texas beauty queen-signed on for summer classes. She would practice walking with a book balanced on her head and strut an imaginary catwalk. On the night before graduation she rinsed her hair with mayonnaise at the suggestion of her Casablancas official stylist. She did this treatment at my house and was horrified when it did not wash out, no matter how many rinses she tried. Her hair, and our bathroom, smelled like a bologna sandwich for weeks. But she came back from her model school graduation with a certificate in her hand and a huge smile on her face-she was officially, at that moment, a John Casablancas girl. An actual real life model. The thousands of dollars her family had spent were well worth it.

She never got booked. Well, correction-she got booked for a singing gig at our state fair, but only after she removed any mention of the John Casablancas modeling school from her resume. It swiftly became a source of humiliation, as everyone in the industry apparently knew it was a con. Her family paid off her debt to the agency, but many other “students” ended up in the same kind of quagmire that she found herself in, but with no way out. They had flushed away thousands on an education that they are too ashamed to list on their resume’s. They had been duped by the promises of a con-man who ensured them his sterling reputation would guarantee success, and that the fact they were even considered for such an honor was an honor in and of itself.

Casablancas Modeling Schools created the blueprint that other flim-flam artists would eventually follow-Using a well known name as a lure, then providing a worthless “degree” or “certification” from a non-accredited body. Curriculum designed by various clueless charlatans, combined with high pressure sales tactics, and unapproved charges. For almost 2 decades now, John Casablancas’ school has carried on his legacy, finding new victims daily-the majority of them children, and their parents who end up footing the bill.

In the words of one student:

“They "saw potential" in anyone with a checkbook.”

In the words of another-

”the most disrespectful people I have ever been in contact with”.

And finally one more (although there is a LOT where that came from here)

“My daughter went [...] back in 1998...they told her that she had to lose weight [...] she was 14 years old, and weighed 125 pounds at the time”

A famous name, the implicit promise of attaining fame and fortune, implied divulging of industry secrets and high powered connections. High pressure sales tactics and confusing contracts, widespread accusations of fraud and false advertising. A very rich man ripping off mostly working and middle class families. Sound familiar?

When John Casablancas died he was eulogized in the familiar way that powerful men are eulogized no matter what their sins. Stephanie Seymour, her goblet of milk and plate of cookies, were not mentioned. John Casablancas stubborn insistence that he owned the rights and should share in the profits made off of the bodies and faces of little girls….that lived on-even when those little girls were too undeveloped and disappointing compared to their mothers (not too young to write love letters to, not to young to lure back to New York).

“I’m only a man, and I have needs” was, of course, never mentioned. Casablancas’s legacy of fraud- the whole-sale rip off of dreams like those of my friend, and everything that lay within the back pages of my latest issue of seventeen and YM went unremarked upon. The countless number of girls who were abused and exploited within his “school’s”, his “new faces” division, his pep talks with naked adolescents trembling on scales as they straddled the fine line between “model” and “healthy weight” were forgotten. Honestly, who knows how many were affected? Based on the conversations I’ve had, not a single person who worked under Casablancas’s reign at Elite went unscathed. Victims of Claude Haddad-a man that Casablancas would later reconcile with and try to plot a re-entry into the industry- have formed a de-facto support group because of the horrors they endured. They still cry when they talk about it. They cry when they talk about him. They are not crying over his departure.

And yet John Casablancas, the corporation, the legend, lives on. His name is still attached and promoted by his discredited chain of modeling schools, which continue to churn through small town girls with high aspirations, low self esteem, and gullible parents willing to accrue sub-prime debt to help them succeed. A tapestry woven with countless broken dreams and lost fortunes. His legacy continues to take out ads in teen magazines to lure in young girls, teach them useless skills like how to balance a book on their head while turning their hair into grease-fires and issue them “diplomas” printed out at Kinkos under high volume discount. At the end they either walk away with thousands of dollars in debt before they even reach college-or if they are “lucky” they might funnel their “experience” and “Contacts” into the next level of this system-Miss Teen USA, teen modeling, hopelessly corrupt industries that will likely chew them up and spit them out before they reach the age of majority. In the end, despite his inadequacies, Donald Trump would end up on top.

In the meantime, however, the fashion industry as a whole would go through one more unexpected and profound transformation. After the USSR collapsed a very few number of men profited, and became untouchable, much more so than Casablancas could have ever dreamed. The cultural winds surrounding the industry changed direction yet again. It was likely inevitable, especially in such an already corrupt environment. But the results would be nothing short of devastating for many of the young lives caught in the balance, girls from Iowa to Slovenia and Brazil. And Donald Trump was in the center of it, just as one might expect he would be, all too willing to reap the rewards.
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/1 ... ive-Part-1
Last edited by JackRiddler on Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

JackRiddler

Postby identity » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:17 pm

More from Conchita Sarnoff's book:

In addition to paying a multitude of women
and young girls to procure for him, supposedly
Epstein also befriended a different type of
procurer. The co founder and eighty five percent
stakeholder of a modeling agency, MC2, was a
Frenchman known as Jean Luc Brunel.  For many
years, Brunel apparently provided a dozen or
more young and underage models for Epstein.  A
story posted in the Daily Mail on January 18,
2016, suggested that Brunel continues his
association with Epstein even after Epstein was
incarcerated.  Apparently, Brunel has been providing
young models to please his friend for many years.

A case in point is the story of a girl, allegedly
a model, “Svetlana Pozhidaeva who was spotted
leaving the Epstein house in Manhattan while
eating a whole avocado. The brown-haired, blue
eyed girl-who goes by ‘Lana’— and is represented
by MC2 Model Management in New York and
Elite Model Management in Milan.”

It seems strange, as the Complaint revealed,
that the 71 year-old Frenchman who sued Epstein
as recently as January 2015, for unspecified
damages, would then allow his young employee, a
foreign model under contract, visit and associate
with the defendant only one year after the lawsuit
was filed.  If Brunel believes, as he claimed in the
complaint that Epstein ruined his business and
reputation, why would he allow his young model,
‘Lana,’ to visit Epstein’s home?
When asked, ‘Lana’ claimed she was not
underage and has a college degree.  Her social media
app says she obtained a ‘politics degree’ in
Moscow before moving to the U.S. Beside ‘Lana,’
other young women of unnamed ages have been
photographed outside his Manhattan triplex
following his registration as a sexual offender.
When asked by the Daily Mail about their
relationship with Epstein, none of the young
women photographed were willing to talk to the
reporters.

On March 8, 2016, Richard Johnson published
a story in The New York Post about Epstein and
the model, ‘Lana.’ According to his source, a
woman living inside Epstein’s Manhattan triplex
confirmed that Epstein still had girls of unidentified
ages brought from Russia.  The Russian girls,
revealed Johnson’s source, were living with Epstein
in New York and traveling together on his private
jet to his island home. When I communicated with
Johnson via e-mail, he said that with the exception
of Svetlana, the informant did not know if other
girls associated with Epstein worked for MC2.
Perhaps for fear of retribution the girls and
the MC2 and Epstein employees are not talking.
 Epstein apparently has contacts in Moscow who
make the introduction to the girls and, “When the
Russian girls arrive in the city, they already have
Jeffrey’s phone number,” the New York Post
reported.11 Photographs and multiple media
reports illustrated that some girls who continue to
visit Epstein are American born girls while others
come from Russia.

Given the usually stringent requirements
enforced by the probation enforcement guidelines
especially registered level 3 sex offenders in the
State of New York, it is surprising no one has
filed a complaint. It seems odd in light of the
frequent media stories that have emerged about
Epstein and pending cases, that Manhattan’s
District Attorney has not opened an investigation.
As for Jean Luc Brunel, his history with
Epstein dates back to the late eighties.  Brunel
whose reputation precedes him, moved to the
United States from France supposedly because he
and his brother, who jointly owned a modeling
agency in Paris, were fighting over the business. A
Brunel insider explained the agent had unresolved
legal issues with his brother and was forced to
leave the country. When Brunel exiled to New
York he met Epstein. Soon, they became close
friends.

Maritza Vazquez a former accountant at MC2
and associate of Brunel’s revealed in a 2010
interview that Epstein agreed to fund Brunel’s
MC2 agency by providing a generous ‘loan’ of one
million dollars.  Not long after she discovered the
extent of the Epstein-Brunel association, Vazquez
was fired from MC2 and charged with embezzling
company funds. Vazquez has a criminal record.
After the Daily Beast published my story,
Brunel and Epstein vehemently denied it. All the
same, the accountant’s information was correct and
became part of Brunel’s legal filing in his 2015
complaint against investor and alleged friend,
Jeffrey Epstein. With Brunel and MC2 as the
presumed ‘partners-in-crime,’ Epstein was
seemingly able to create a well-structured trafficking
network that sourced, transferred and distributed
young women from all over the world, some
assumingly underage, into out of the United States
without suspicion.

The business model of identifying, sourcing,
transporting and distributing underage victims
under false pretexts is used extensively by the
Russian and Ukrainian trafficking cartels that
smuggle children to the United States for the
purposes of sex trafficking. Research shows that
human trafficking cartels sometimes set up
modeling, au pair and domestic staffing agencies in
their countries as the perfect alibi.

These so called modeling agencies lure girls
under false pretenses in foreign countries, apply
for U.S. visas using legitimate reasons for travel
and then purchase airfare and supply the girls
with all the necessary documents to enter and
‘work’ in the U.S. Once inside the U.S. however,
their documents, visas and other official
documentation are taken away. Some cartels force
the girls to work as “prostitutes.” Once the girls
are in the U.S. many agencies force the girls to
work as prostitutes in order repay them for the
cost of transportation and documentation to the
U.S.  By observing the ever-stringent U.S.
Immigration laws, agencies remain under the radar.
Much like the Russian and Ukrainian human
trafficking cartels, the Epstein-Brunel association
apparently found a way to identify, source and
transport underage girls legally by allegedly
employing some of the girls under false pretenses
as models hired to work for MC2. One such girl
corroborated the testimony given by a number of
victims in their depositions, that Epstein had
promised her and other underage girls modeling
jobs at MC2 and Victoria’s Secret.

It is also true however that some girls brought
to the U.S. by MC2 are in fact working models
with legitimate contracts that have never met Mr.
Epstein.  In light of this information a better
question might be: what percentage of the girls
brought into the U.S. actually earn a living as
MC2 models?

Over the years, it seems Epstein relied on
Brunel’s friendship and modeling business to
source underage girls for sex. Evidently, thanks to
his one million dollar capital investment in MC2,
the predator was introduced to a slew of underage
and pretty young girls, according to Maritza
Vazquez and Sergio Cordero, a former Brunel
associate and another source I interviewed in
Miami, Florida.  Sergio Cordero claims he met
Epstein and worked with Brunel and MC2 for
more than ten years.

Brunel’s lawsuit against Epstein disclosed that
one-year after opening his agency Brunel “received
a letter of credit from Epstein at 5% interest.”
 The case, Brunel vs. Epstein , filed as No
14-21348CA-01 in the Dade County Eleventh
Judicial Circuit Court, accused Epstein of
accountability for MC2’s losses and Brunel’s
current financial distress. 

Brunel explained in paragraph nine of the
complaint that he, “lost multiple contacts and
business in the modeling business as a direct
result of Epstein’s illegal actions.”  In paragraph 22
of the complaint, Brunel’s attorney claimed that his
client “lost potentially ten million dollars in profits
to his $1 million loan.”

Documents filed during the lawsuit uncovered
that, “MC2 employees told attorney Brad Edwards,
at the time was representing several victims, that
Epstein’s Manhattan condominium at 301 East 66
th Street was housing some young models.” The
complaint revealed, “MC2 brought underage girls
from all over the world, promising them modeling
contracts. Epstein and Brunel would obtain a visa
for the girls and would charge the underage girls
rent.”

Brunel admitted he, “Evaded depositions by
Brad Edwards on behalf of several of Epstein’s
victims and that his “Evasion was due to Epstein’s
instructions.” In paragraph 33, Brunel said Epstein
insisted he “leave Palm Beach in anticipation of a
deposition linked to Epstein’s criminal case.”
Other relevant charges in the Brunel vs.
Epstein case exposed how Brunel “was forced to
commit illegal acts by traveling away from the
sight of the deposition and during the time period
of the deposition.” Epstein’s instructions prevented
Brunel from clearing his name and clarify the
relationship with Epstein in order to clear his
name from any wrongdoing. Brunel claimed,
“Epstein attempted to subvert justice and
contributed to the destruction of my business,
MC2.”

Two former underage survivors who don’t
wish to be identified came forward in 2009 and
2010. The girls corroborated the information
revealed in the Brunel Complaint and took it a
step further. They claimed Epstein lured a number
of victims by baiting them with potential modeling
contracts if they “massaged” him. The girls
mentioned MC2 and Victoria’s Secret as the
dangling carrots.  Victoria’s Secret is a lingerie
chain owned by Epstein’s close friend Leslie
Wexner.
Jérôme Bonnouvrier, a Brunel acquaintance
told the press that, “Jean-Luc is considered a
danger.” According to Bonnouvrier, Brunel “Knows
exactly what girls in trouble are looking for. He’s
always been on the edge of the system. The late
John Casablancas, a renowned model agent, gets
with girls the healthy way. Girls would be with him
if he were the butcher.  They’re with Jean-Luc
because he’s the boss. Jean-Luc likes drugs and
silent rape. It excites him.”

“I really despise Jean-Luc as a human being
for the way he’s cheapened the business,” said the
celebrated Casablancas, who died in 2013. “There is
no justice. This is a guy who should be behind
bars. There was a little group, Jean-Luc, Patrick
Gilles, and Varsano...They were very well known in
Paris for roaming the clubs. They would invite girls
and put drugs in their drinks. Everybody knew
they were creeps.”

Vazquez and two survivors, who asked to
remain nameless, acknowledged that MC2 provided
legal passage and all the necessary visa
requirements to transport the girls into the United
States, including all appropriate documentation that
would allow the girls to earn a salary and work
as models independent of their age.  Apparently,
Epstein not one to forfeit a good deal, provided
some of the aspiring young models, under contract
with MC2, with accommodations and
transportation.

The apartment complex in question is on the
Upper East Side, on Second Avenue and East 66
th Street in Manhattan, and managed by his
younger brother, Mark Epstein. Presumably, the
building continues to provide a few
accommodations for several foreign-born models
that work for MC2.  MC2 has offices in Tel Aviv,
Miami and a satellite office in New York.
Although sex trafficking is a crime against
humanity it is disguised in many forms. The
business of luring, coercing, and transporting
underage girls for sex can be executed in many
ways and is punishable in the United States by
State and Federal Courts.  

In most cases, the United States government
aggressively prosecutes trafficking networks, large
and small, no matter what size, as well as local
operators that work with international cartels.
These operations mostly engage in a “combination
of deception, fraud, coercion, rape, threats, physical
violence, isolation, intimidation, psychological
manipulation, to compel their victims to engage in
prostitution.” Under state and federal laws
including the currently reauthorized Trafficking
Victims Protection Act (TVPA), human trafficking
operators once arrested are usually prosecuted
stringently.
identity

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:32 pm

there are so many connections with these pedophiles it is really really hard to keep up...now we are on to one of trump's biggest champions in the Congress Jim Jordan and Les Wexner and Ohio State

yvette swegheimer(authentic acct)
‏@leesgirl9

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/11/epstein ... -2008.html

wexner had connections with epstein but guess what else wexner has connections with..the osu scandle

Jeffrey Epstein used $46 million charitable donation to keep alive his ties with billionaire Les Wexner
Brian Schwartz
Published Thu, Jul 11 2019 2:49 PM EDT
Updated Thu, Jul 18 2019 3:06 PM EDT
GP: Jeffrey Epstein
Jeffrey Epstein attends Launch of RADAR MAGAZINE at Hotel QT on May 18, 2005.
Patrick McMullan | Getty Images
Before hedge fund manager Jeffrey Epstein went to jail in Florida more than a decade ago, billionaire L Brands founder and Chairman Les Wexner was trying to distance himself from the accused child molester.

That didn’t stop Epstein in 2008 from essentially bankrolling one of Wexner’s first nonprofit foundations with a contribution of more than $40 million in stock and other assets. The transactions were received only months before Epstein was sentenced to a term in a Palm Beach County jail on a charge of soliciting an underage prostitute.

Epstein is back in the news after his arrest Saturday on an indictment filed by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York which charged him with trafficking dozens of underage girls.

Some of the alleged crimes took place in a New York townhouse once owned by Wexner. He is currently being held without bail. Wexner was known to be one of the money manager’s few clients.

The case has reignited interest in the politically connected businessman who was once friendly with President Donald Trump and President Bill Clinton. And it has prompted some who received money from him to wash their hands of it. On Wednesday, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D.-N.Y., said he would donate $7,000 in contributions from Epstein to charity. Stacey Plaskett, Democratic U.S. Virgin Islands congresswoman, has also decided to give her Epstein contributions to two different charities.

Epstein provided initial financing to Wexner’s YLK Charitable Fund more than 10 years ago, even as Wexner and his wife started to break away from the financier after the initial accusations surfaced, according to someone in their inner circle.

“They are both very prominent in Columbus [Ohio]” the person told CNBC on Wednesday. “It’s just unseemly that they would associate with someone who first was accused of things that made them extremely uncomfortable and then he eventually pleaded guilty to those offenses,” the person said.

When asked about Epstein’s behemoth donations to the foundation before going to jail, this person refused to comment. It is unclear whether the Wexners will give the money away.

Just before Epstein began a 13-month jail term, his firm, the Financial Trust Co., based in the U.S. Virgin Islands, and his own nonprofit, The C.O.U.Q. Foundation, contributed a combined $46 million plus to YLK , according to a 2008 990 disclosure form. Wexner became YLK’s director in 2010 and his wife Abigail was president in 2008.

It was the only contribution the Wexners received that year. In 2009 and 2010, YLK did not receive a single donation.

Epstein’s C.O.U.Q. also gave $14 million to YLK in 2007, a filing shows.

Epstein first financed the Wexner nonprofit with $33 million worth of Apple stock and $5.4 million in shares of Bear Stearns Asset Backed-Securities Overseas Ltd., a third-party company affiliated with the now-defunct bank Bear Stearns. Outside of contributions to The Columbus Foundation, the documents show YLK did not make any other donations from 2007 through 2010.

The assets Epstein gave the Wexners’ nonprofit helped it have at least $10 million in short-term capital gains over the course of 2009 and 2010 as the value of some of the stocks and assets soared. Apple’s stock is now trading at just over $200.

In late 2010, YLK announced it would transfer all of its assets to The Wexner Family Charitable Fund, which in 2017 reported total assets worth $208 million in fair market value, records show. Since 2010 the Wexner fund has been actively contributing to a variety of causes.

Epstein, according to a recent report by Forbes, served in the 1990s as a trustee of a separate group: The Wexner Foundation.

A spokeswoman for Wexner only noted he had “severed ties” with Epstein over a decade ago and declined to comment further.

A member of Epstein’s firm hung up after CNBC identified itself and did not return a later message requesting comment. Attorneys for Epstein also did not return requests for comment. Calls to the Wexner Foundation, where The Wexner Family Charitable Fund is located, along with an email to Les Wexner’s attorney, were not returned. The treasurer of Epstein’s current nonprofit, Gratitude America Ltd., did not return a request for comment.

Les Wexner (left) with Ed Razek (right) at the 2016 Fragrance Foundation Awards.

Astrid Stawiarz | Stringer | Getty Images

Before his massive stock distribution to the Wexner group, Epstein told The New York Times that a Manhattan mansion Wexner bought for $13.2 million was now his. “Les never spent more than two months there,” Epstein told the Times in 1996. The City’s Department of Finance values the property at $56 million and Epstein has been accused by prosecutors of engaging in sexual acts with underage girls from 2002 to 2005 in this same New York home.

In an interview with Vanity Fair in 2003, Wexner praised Epstein for his understanding of politics and financial markets, giving a glimpse into why he decided to become one of his clients.

“I think we both possess the skill of seeing patterns,” Wexner said. “But Jeffrey sees patterns in politics and financial markets, and I see patterns in lifestyle and fashion trends. My skills are not in investment strategy, and, as everyone who knows Jeffrey knows, his are not in fashion and design. We frequently discuss world trends as each of us sees them.”

While Wexner appeared to move way from Epstein after his initial arrest, many politicians and companies have continued to accept contributions from him or his organizations.

Gratitude America in 2016 gave $15,000 to the New York-based all-girls school The Hewitt School and the next year, wrote a $30,000 check to The O’Gorman Garden, a Harlem preschool, among other contributions.

After initial publication, a spokesperson for The Hewitt School told CNBC they had already returned the Epstein contribution.

“The Hewitt School received a gift from Gratitude America Ltd. in 2016. Upon learning of the foundation’s background several months ago, the School immediately returned the funds,” the schools spokesperson said. “Hewitt has had no other contact with the foundation or with anyone related to the foundation.”

During the 2016 and 2018 election cycles, Epstein gave Plaskett a total of three $2,700 checks to help fund her campaigns for Congress. After initially signalling she wouldn’t give back the money, a day later she reversed course and gave the contributions to two charities.

Before his initial conviction, Epstein also had ties to Clinton and his family’s group, the Clinton Foundation. Epstein contributed to Clinton’s presidential campaign and through his C.O.U.Q. nonprofit in 2006 reportedly sent $25,000 to the foundation. A spokesman for Clinton has said the former president has not spoken with Epstein for over a decade and has no knowledge of his alleged crimes.

It’s unclear if either Clinton, the preschool or the foundation will return or give away these contributions. They all did not return requests for comment.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/11/epstein ... -2008.html

wexner was on the board at osu during the time dr strauss was there molesting kids... also same time jim jordan was a coach there as well

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... stein-ties … Epstein was visiting wexner regularly in Columbus, ohio

The Billionaire and the Sex Offender
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... stein-ties

Wexner served on the board of trustees of Ohio State University from 1988 to 1997. In December 2005, Wexner was appointed to his second term and was elected chairman in 2009.

It was announced in June 2012 that Wexner's chairmanship was to end, eight years before his appointment would have ended..

we dont know if wexner was involved at all in dr strauss scandal but we do know he was on the board at osu when it was happening

remember the huge penn state scandal that happened in 2011...well wexner gave osu 100million that yr... the largest donation ever given....

Epstein has been accused of raping a girl in wexners's ohio mansion...

Epstein Accuser Sues Alan Dershowitz Over Alleged Sex Ring
https://www.thedailybeast.com/epstein-a ... d-sex-ring

Ohio State athlete-abuse scandal: How big will the financial impact be? Who will pay?
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2 ... 767031002/

https://amp.businessinsider.com/jeffrey ... hio-2019-7 … h/t @CatsChocolates

https://twitter.com/leesgirl9/status/11 ... 1836413952

Agenthades

@Agenthades1
Follow Follow @Agenthades1

Re-doing my #SanduskyGymJordan Thread

https://twitter.com/Agenthades1/status/ ... 2577660928
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby SonicG » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:10 pm

Heaven Swan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:25 am wrote:I’ll admit that I’ve spent zero time researching QAnon. I did research Pizzagate and found it to be toxic, partisan BS. But that doesn’t mean that one associated researcher can’t have done a good job.

I was sent the 1st Amazing Polly vid by an older friend who detests Trump and is an active Bernie campaigner. But she can’t stand Epstein’s abuses. She doesn’t see the Epstein case to be a partisan issue and either do I.

We have to be more nuanced than just calling anyone we disagree on something Nazi or racist. Each commentator should be judged on their arguments, not on guilt by association.

Polly is the only one I’ve seen emphasize the Columbia U connection, which is something I’ve heard over and over from survivors. People are being programmed (tortured) there and no one seems to care. The only right leaning thing she said in those entire two videos I posted was a one or two sentence note of sympathy towards Trump.

Your reactions are confirming what I said in my previous post. Boy, I honestly thought there was more intelligence here. We (the left) are in worse shape than I thought. And that makes me sad.

I didn't say anything about Qanon being racist or fascist. It is a SCAM based on a bizarre revenge fantasy. You haven't looked into Qanon at all? It doesn't take more than five minutes to figure out what a scam it is. Sorry, if someone openly promotes an idiotic scam, nothing else they say is valid. No matter their political side.
I am not in "the left" so not included in your slight. But really, if you cannot figure out what BS Qanon, my heart weeps for you, and I move on...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Elvis » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:49 pm

Remember, everyone, every time Red Ice is linked their search rating goes up and they gain visibility.

Are Polly's amazing dots connecting to Trump? That would be awkward as Trump is the acknowledged grand wizard poobah of Q and supervising genius of the impending Storm.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby DrEvil » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:20 pm

Elvis » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:49 am wrote:Remember, everyone, every time Red Ice is linked their search rating goes up and they gain visibility.

Are Polly's amazing dots connecting to Trump? That would be awkward as Trump is the acknowledged grand wizard poobah of Q and supervising genius of the impending Storm.

Good point. I changed the url so it's not a link anymore.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Marionumber1 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:53 am

During the Franklin scandal, GOP lobbyist Craig Spence invited powerbrokers to his Washington DC home, where they would have debauched parties involving drug use, prostitutes, and sexual abuse of children (many of them brought in from Omaha by Larry King). He was in fact a CIA asset and his house was wired from top to botton with audiovisual recording equipment that he used to blackmail his guests. A nearly identical arrangement seems to have been the case with Jeffrey Epstein. Both his New York City and Palm Beach residences had video surveillance equipment, and victim Virginia Roberts explicitly says Epstein was blackmailing the people he forced her to have sex with.

New York Times, "Home Sweet Elsewhere", 1996/01/11 wrote:Such is the fate of one of Manhattan's largest town houses, a majestic stone mansion at 9 East 71st Street. Possessing some 21,000 square feet, the house was recently the uninhabited domain of Leslie H. Wexner, the founding chairman of the Limited Inc., the retailing company.

Mr. Wexner bought the house in 1989 for $13.2 million and lavished tens of millions on renovations, art and furnishings. Those curious to see the princely accommodations Mr. Wexner abandoned need look no further than the cover of last month's Architectural Digest. When asked how long Mr. Wexner had occupied the property, Jeffrey Epstein, his protege and one of his financial advisers, replied, "Les never spent more than two months there." Thus the prorated cost of Mr. Wexner's sejours would appear to have been in excess of a million dollars a day.

Visitors described a bathroom reminiscent of James Bond movies: hidden beneath a stairway, lined with lead to provide shelter from attack and supplied with closed-circuit television screens and a telephone, both concealed in a cabinet beneath the sink. The house also has a heated sidewalk, a luxurious provision that explains why, while snow blankets the rest of the Eastern Seaboard, the Wexner house (and Bill Cosby's house across the street) remains opulently snow-free, much to the delight of neighborhood dogs.

Mirror, "Prince Andrew may have been secretly filmed with underage girl he is alleged to have abused", 2015/01/03 wrote:Lawyers representing Roberts, originally referred to as Jane Doe 102, mentioned the hidden cameras in a 27-page filing at the Palm Beach Federal Courthouse in Florida.

The six-year-old papers, seen by the Sunday People, state: “Some of the photographs in the defendant’s possession were taken with hidden cameras set up in [Epstein’s] home in Palm Beach.

“On the Day of his arrest, police found two hidden cameras and photographs of ­underage girls on a computer in the defendant’s home.

“[He] may have taken lewd ­photographs of Jane Doe 102 with his hidden cameras and transported [them] to his other residences and elsewhere.”

[SNIP]

They add that Roberts’ claims that she was forced to tell Epstein all about her sexual encounters so he could use the information to “blackmail” the royal.

She further claims she was sex-trafficked to “many other powerful men, including numerous prominent American politicians, powerful business executives, foreign presidents, a well known Prime Minister, and other world leaders”.

Another interesting clue from the deposition of Epstein's butler Alfredo Rodriguez points to who may have been behind Epstein's blackmail operation:

He testified that a technician from New Albany, Ohio would fly in to manage the video equipment at Epstein's home. (Which residence he refers to isn't clear solely from this excerpt, but he likely meant the Palm Beach residence as that is where Rodriguez worked. That, of course, is the residence which had those hidden cameras mentioned in Virginia Roberts's lawsuit.) New Albany is very significant as a location because that is where Les Wexner -- a mentor of sorts to Epstein and one of the only on-the-record sources of Epstein's wealth -- resided. From that, it seems like a reasonable inference (though not proven) that Wexner is the one who was truly in charge of Epstein's human compromise operation, handling the video surveillance that was generated.
Marionumber1

Postby 8bitagent » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:44 am

Regarding the idea of Epstein's audio/video camera equipment and blackmailing the very powerful and rich...
I have noticed the last week on MSNBC, numerous guests and anchors have talked about Epstein having an elaborate video/audio surveilence of all his properties to capture blackmail evidence of rich and powerful people engaged in these horrid acts as blackmail and leverage. Cable news sure has been starting to sound like an old RigorousIntuition thread when it comes to discussing what shoe is about to drop in this case. What powerful names are directly linked to this case, and if Epstein will offer up names and evidence the closer he realizes he will never see daylight again.
7:42 minute mark on yesterday's Morning Joe.
Last edited by 8bitagent on Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Cordelia » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:43 am

Marionumber1 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:53 am wrote:During the Franklin scandal, GOP lobbyist Craig Spence invited powerbrokers to his Washington DC home, where they would have debauched parties involving drug use, prostitutes, and sexual abuse of children (many of them brought in from Omaha by Larry King). He was in fact a CIA asset and his house was wired from top to botton with audiovisual recording equipment that he used to blackmail his guests. A nearly identical arrangement seems to have been the case with Jeffrey Epstein. Both his New York City and Palm Beach residences had video surveillance equipment, and victim Virginia Roberts explicitly says Epstein was blackmailing the people he forced her to have sex with.

Thanks for that reminder about Spence (who committed suicide. Wombat started a thread about him viewtopic.php?f=46&t=35083 a few years ago.)
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion