Billionaire Pedophile Jeffrey Epstein Goes Free

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Billionaire Pedophile Jeffrey Epstein Goes Free

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:51 pm

Prince Andrew already has immunity, who does he need to bargain with?
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby PufPuf93 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:17 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:51 pm wrote:Prince Andrew already has immunity, who does he need to bargain with?

Like anyone else, sad sack Andrew ultimately bargains with himself.

Doubt if Andrew would live that long should he decide to open those flood gates (that never seem to open while events go down the memory hole except in strange backwaters).
PufPuf93

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:03 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:51 pm wrote:Prince Andrew already has immunity, who does he need to bargain with?

Yes, yes, sadly. Was merely fantasizing.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby FourthBase » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:02 pm

Am I missing a joke? How is Andrew immune?
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:12 pm

FourthBase » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:02 pm wrote:Am I missing a joke? How is Andrew immune?

His mother is the sovereign ruler of a nation and his family is worth somewhere shy of $100 billion dollars.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby norton ash » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:34 am

Wombaticus Rex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:12 pm wrote:
FourthBase » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:02 pm wrote:Am I missing a joke? How is Andrew immune?

His mother is the sovereign ruler of a nation and his family is worth somewhere shy of $100 billion dollars.

It seems like there's herd immunity for Ghislaine Maxwell.and the other rapists and kidnappers.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby FourthBase » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:31 am

Wombaticus Rex » 23 Nov 2019 22:12 wrote:

Oh I thought you meant legally immune.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby RocketMan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:51 am

FourthBase » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:31 am wrote:

Yeah, well, "sovereign" kind of covers that, right? :fawked:

How did literature's perhaps greatest antagonist, Judge Holden in Blood Meridian put it...

Cormac McCarthy wrote:What's a suzerain?

A keeper. A keeper or overlord.

Why not say keeper then?

Because he is a special kind of keeper. A suzerain rules even where there are other
rulers. His authority countermands local judgements.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby DrEvil » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:10 pm

FourthBase » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:31 am wrote:

I don't think he has legal immunity as a royal, but he did have diplomatic immunity when he was in the US partying with Epstein, but that immunity can be revoked by the UK government, same as for any other diplomat (in other words: not gonna happen).

Worst case he'll retire from public life and have someone write a book under his name trying to exonerate him a few years from now.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby cptmarginal » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:22 pm

Letter casts doubt on when duke met Epstein

My knee-jerk reaction to the phrasing of this title is "Which duke?" though obviously that is a rhetorical question meant for effect.

Epstein's phone book (which I suspect was long out of date and possibly out of use, based on various entries and the bizarre fact that he had been hyper-active in recent years) has at least a couple dozen royals and aristocrats of various stripes from different European countries. Not to mention heirs and magnates. Or as it was better stated:

Wombaticus Rex » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:21 pm wrote:After all, despite the suitably juicy revelations this saga has given us -- this is an iceberg we are only seeing the tip of. There are at least two facilities -- Paris apt complex and New Mexico ranch complex -- where Epstein invested years of his life and millions and millions of dollars. And we know almost nothing about what was going on there. It's probable that notorious, known hounds Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew were the easiest limited hangout. (This call would be getting made by a fair few of the men and women who have been covering for those old dogs, after all, so there is a bit of vengeance in the stew, here.)

Furthermore, most of the names in that black book? We've heard nothing further about. So, it does need to be considered that she herself, witting or unwitting, is an asset in all this, rather than a leak.

Come to think of it, and as I have pointed out before, the number of entries in the phone book is not all that large. Certainly a huge amount of work for actual investigators to do in following up on all of the entries but manageable enough in size for some rank amateur like me to go through it and attempt to make a list of which dukes, counts, princesses and so forth are listed. It wouldn't be a very long list, and all of them deserve media scandals in their respective countries (even if there aren't any incriminating photographs.)

Spain comes to mind as one country with a sizable presence in his contacts list but seemingly no coverage of this fact. Incidentally, I just checked out some Spain news sites - in English - to confirm this lack of reporting and the current headline was: Spain's blackmailer cop scandal shakes business elite - "Government ministers and the royal family have been embarrassed in recent years by covert recordings made by retired police chief"
cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:24 pm

There is something to consider about that drone video of the guy in the golf cart that looks a lot like Epstein. This has been in the back of my mind for a few weeks: it wouldn't be all that hard to use forensic analysis of stills from the video to determine the height of the subject. It's a standard technique, and made easier by the presence of objects of known size (the cart) and definitive knowledge of the direction of the sun (timestamp of the video.) Out of my ability range, for sure, but certainly quite possible. And we know his verified height from arrest records (if those are indeed precise, that is.)

The Beginner’s Guide to Suspect Height Calculation from CCTV
cptmarginal

Re: Billionaire Pedophile Prince Andrew Goes Free

Postby Cordelia » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:05 pm

DrEvil » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:10 am wrote:
Worst case he'll retire from public life and have someone write a book under his name trying to exonerate him a few years from now.

Mum's cancelled his 60th Birthday Party (these galas must take months to plan).

Queen Just Took Away Prince Andrew’s Birthday

Royal will now only get a 'small family dinner' for his 60th birthday

What're you gonna do, take away my birthday?" is the defiant taunt of many a child, and in the instance of Britain's Prince Andrew in the fallout over his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, the answer is well, yes. On the heels of kicking her third child out of his private office in Buckingham Palace and scaling back his public duties, Queen Elizabeth is basically canceling his 60th birthday in February, reports the Sunday Times. Instead of the gala the queen had planned to host, the disgraced Duke of York will now be feted only with a "small family dinner," probably with mystery casserole. For comparison, Elizabeth invited 400 of Prince Charles' closest friends for a dinner and concert for his 60th birthday, complete with a 61-gun salute at the Tower of London.

https://www.newser.com/story/283470/que ... thday.html.

New favorite son's 2008 Official 60th Birthday portrait:

Andrew got an official portrait commissioned too but nothing like Charles's. (Royal sibling rivalry must be growing.)

..."small family dinner," probably with mystery casserole.

The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Elvis » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:25 pm

ON EDIT: No excuse I was this ignorant about that!

On the heels of kicking her third child out of his private office in Buckingham Palace and scaling back his public duties, Queen Elizabeth is basically canceling his 60th birthday in February, reports the Sunday Times.

Augh! This is about the tenth time I've seen Andrew referrred to as the Queen's son. Andrew is not Prince Charles' sibling. Andrew and Harry are the sons of Prince Charles and Princess Diana and the Queen is their grandmother. FFS.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:57 pm

Uh, no?

Andrew's the brother of Chucky III, son of Elizabeth.

Prince Andrew, Duke of York
Royal Knight of the Garter
DescriptionPrince Andrew, Duke of York, KG, GCVO, CD, ADC, is a member of the British royal family. He is the third child and second son of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. At the time of his birth, he was second in the line of succession to the British throne; as of November 2019, he is eighth in line. Wikipedia
Born: February 19, 1960 (age 59 years), Buckingham Palace, London, United Kingdom
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Elvis » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:39 am

What the...how did... sorry, wrong universe!

So, just checking... Nelson Mandela died in 2013...amirite?

JackRiddler wrote:Uh, no?

Andrew's the brother of Chucky III, son of Elizabeth.

Shows how much attention I pay them.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion