Billionaire Pedophile Jeffrey Epstein Goes Free

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Billionaire Pedophile Goes Free

Postby Heaven Swan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:02 pm

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread for caring about these girls and the country.

Before I add anything I want to apologize for disappearing. It had nothing to do with anything or anyone here (not even Jack :P), only to a convergence of factors in my life. I love and appreciate this place and thank everyone who posts here. :sun:
"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:10 pm

so happy to see you again Heaven

After Jeffrey Epstein's court appearances today, lawyer Sigrid McCawley read a powerful statement from Virginia Roberts Giuffre:
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:11 pm

RocketMan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:00 pm wrote:several limited hangout scenarios

Seems, we're already in the middle of one (among many probably) of those, no? Bare minimum what has already occurred means some societal acknowledgment of one of the biggest hidden truths this board has discussed for over a decade. Sort of like the same thing which PG attempted to perma-obfuscate through a nonsensical associational chain is now affirmed.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:29 pm

if trump kicked Epstein out of his club he should have gotten photos and negatives first :P

and by the way 4chan......private planes flown by Maxwell no flight log
Leah McElrath

Upon news of Jeffrey Epstein’s arrest, right-wing troll propagandists on 4-Chan started developing counter-point messaging.

I’ve already seen this messaging repeated on Twitter.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes to reach Fox and the WH.

Gawker obtained a copy of billionaire pedophile Jeffery Epstein's little black book...and look who has a very extensive entry!

What else do you think is in Epstein's files about President Trump?

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 5.24.03 PM.png

"Safe containing compact disks with labels"

If you're a powerful person who partied with Epstein, this should put the fear of God into you.

IT ALL COMES DOWN TO BLACKMAIL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Harvey » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:03 pm

Appears to be an unredacted copy of the address book. Get it while you can...

https://www.scribd.com/doc/257106594/JEs-LBB
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:42 pm

^^^^
Unredacted except for the phone numbers, naturally.

On a related note, over at zero hedge (be sure to ignore the vile, triggering comments section), there's this:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07- ... black-book

(Caveat lector)

With the Saturday arrest of Jeffrey Epstein - who is reportedly offering to name elite pedophiles in exchange for leniency, a leaked copy of the billionaire sex predator's "little black book" may provide some insight into some very rich individuals who should be nervous right about now.
The book was smuggled out of Epstein's residence by his former house manager, Alfredo Rodriguez, who was busted trying to sell it in 2009 for $50,000 - only to get caught, charged with obstruction of justice, and die in prison after 18 months from a 'long illness.'

According to an FBI affidavit, Rodriguez described the address book and the information contained within it as the "Holy Grail" or "Golden Nugget" to unraveling Epstein's sprawling child-sex network. But despite having been subpoenaed for everything he had on his former boss, Rodriguez didn't share it with the FBI or Palm Beach Police Department detectives investigating Epstein. Instead, he tried to make a $50,000 score by covertly peddling the black book to one of the attorneys launching lawsuits at Epstein on behalf of his victims. -Gawker

According to a 2015 Gawker article, Epstein's little black book contains hundreds of names that a hobnobbing socialite billionaire might keep on hand, however around 50 of the entries were circled by Rodriguez - "including those of many of Epstein's suspected victims and accomplices," according to the report.

Some of the names in the book include:

Ralph Fiennes
Alec Baldwin
David Blaine
Jimmy Buffett
Courtney Love
Charlie Rose
Mike Wallace
Barbara Walters
Ehud Barak
Tony Blair
David Koch
John Gutfreund
Prince Andrew

And of course:

Bill Clinton and Donald Trump

About 50 of the entries, including those of many of Epstein's suspected victims and accomplices as well as Trump, Love, Barak, Dershowitz, and others, were circled by Rodriguez.

In addition to the names above, as well as scores of apparent underage victims in Florida, New Mexico, California, Paris, and the United Kingdom listed under the rubric of "massage," the circled entries include:

Billionaire Leslie Wexner
Former New Mexico Governor Bruce King
Former New Mexico Governor and Democratic presidential hopeful Bill Richardson
Peter Soros, the nephew of George Soros
Former Miss Sweden and socialite New York City doctor Eva Andersson Dubin
Some of the circled entries include additional notes—one address in New York City, for instance, is marked as an "apt. for models," and two names bear the marking "witness." -Gawker

When asked why his name might have been circled, longtime Epstein associate Alan Dershowitz said in 2015: "I've never seen the book and I have no idea what it means. I was neither a victim nor a material witness—I never witnessed any crimes or participated in any crimes, and I can prove it."

Dershowitz joined a 2017 motion brought by filmmaker and author Mike Cernovich to unseal records from a 2015 defamation case brought by Epstein victim Virginia Roberts Giuffre against British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell. Giuffre says Maxwell helped Epstein traffic herself and other underage girls to sex parties at the billionaire pedophile's many residences.

Belligerent Savant

Postby Elvis » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:20 pm

"I never witnessed any crimes or participated in any crimes, and I can prove it."

Funny thing for a lawyer to say. Sounds like Douchewitz baked up an alibi pie.

Biggest mystery to me that begs solving is: How did Epstein get a billion bucks in such a short time?

Fantastic thread, and welcome back Heaven Swan!
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:38 pm

Lincoln's Bible

2. In case you missed Part One in this unexpected series, I got into how Epstein & Trump shared a mentor & personal financier, respectively.
Al "Ace" Greenberg, Chairman of Bear Stearns.
He poured 100s of millions into Trump Org starting back in the '80s.

Let's f*cking do this, shall we?

There is a direct financial connection between Donald Trump and Jeffrey Epstein that is at the root of their relationship. A name that few mention…

3. At the end of that thread are some CODAs. One has a great find from @Agenthades1, one of the better diggers into the offshore leaks database.
Several of us have been scouring that database for a couple yrs, & Epstein's offshore money, via the shell "Liquid Funding", is known.

4. Here's a link to it: https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/nodes/80063035
And here is what @Agenthades1 also found in further research on Liquid Funding (attached). Bravo to him.
Notice the date on it is 2005.
I wanted to see if I could find anything earlier...

5. Here we go.
Jeffrey Lipman. Director of Liquid Funding, circa 2000 & 2003.
And officer at Bear Stearns.
Still, I want something even earlier. And that got me thinking...
https://fcic-static.law.stanford.edu/cd ... inutes.pdf

6. ... about "Ace" Greenberg.
Maybe he's in there for an earlier date?
Nope.
But his partner is: Bear Stearns' former COO.
Another (rip) associate of Epstein's.
And the man who gave Ace his nickname (college roommates, no less).
Meet ALVIN EINBENDER.

7. Now, another important data point in researching offshore companies is the address, esp. older companies.
Why? The old mobsters - from the era I study: 1918 - late 1980s, never anticipated their offshore laundromat being exposed.
And they ran everything thru the same address.

8. Check the dates and companies on the address used by Bear Stearns, back in the day.
We got some corporations going back to the '40s.
Not sure who ran that outfit, but more digging might turn up some names.
Back to Bear Stearns, and the real point of this thread...

9. Let's review:

A. Epstein claimed he stopped working with Bear Stearns when he left in '81. The data above proves otherwise. Their officers were imbedded in his offshore company, Liquid Funding (interesting name, no?).

(cont)...

9. B.
COO of Bear Stearns ran an offshore investment branch (Caribbean offices) during same years that Bear Stearns was pouring 100s of millions into Trump, AND Jeffrey Epstein was setting up shops in Caribbean. A shell system that would later have Bear Stearns execs running it.

10. I'll say it again.
There is enough to warrant an investigation into whether Jeffrey Epstein was funneling money, via Bear Stearns (or any other vehicle), into Donald Trump.
This is a laundromat.
We don't know whose money is really behind it.
Let's get to the bottom of it.

https://twitter.com/LincolnsBible/statu ... 8993732609

AG Barr used a comparatively minor indirect connection to Epstein as an excuse to recuse himself from the case today. Too toxic for Barr
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby cptmarginal » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:12 pm

I am going through the "little black book" and searching for background details of random unfamiliar names. Not that I think inclusion in a phone book is evidence of guilt in any way, of course. It just feels like the list has been floating around for years now and I have never once taken the time to actually sort through the names one by one - there aren't all that many entries in total, and it could be worthwhile.

Here's something I found, for example. I had never heard of this family dynasty, nor this story.

https://www.theguardian.com/theobserver ... magazine47

Carlos Mavroleon

He was the old Etonian heir to a £100m fortune. He was close to the Kennedys and almost married a Heseltine. He'd been a Wall Street broker and a war correspondent. He'd even been a leader of the Mujahideen. So why did Carlos Mavroleon die of a heroin overdose in a rundown hotel near the Afghan border?
cptmarginal

Postby BenDhyan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:11 am

Dynamite......starting at 3:10..

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:07 am

Weird times we're falling into. Washington DC flooding, 7.1 earthquake in California, a war is almost started with Iran and now cable news on almost every news channel is taking serious the idea of the most powerful and famous men on the planet involved in an elite pedo cult.

With the Epstein story exploding, it seems on social media like the pro Trump crowd wants to only focus on Clinton and the Democrats, the anti Trump side only wants to focus on Trump, Acosta and Dershowitz.
If Epstein knows his life is over, not just the jetsetting billionare life but his literal life is over, he know it's going to either be spill every single name or suicide. Either way it's going to be suicide. I mean the DC Madam was found dead days after saying her life was in danger, and that was merely over adult prostitute women married politicians were hooking up with. The most powerful people in the world being linked to kids? Good lord. It'll be a miracle if there's no mysterious suicides/accidents/killings or Gary Caradori type stuff that happens.

You know it's interesting, it was the more right leaning conspiracy people who were the loudest on the radio, internet, etc when it came to pushing the idea of a global cabal of pedo elites. Yet now that most of them have decided to hitch their collective wagons to Trump and the Republican party, they're pretty much screwed in the mental gymnastics they're playing. It used to be most the right wing conspiracy researches , radio hosts, etc hated Bush and the Republicans just as much as Clinton and the Democrats and always said both Republican and Dem politicians were deeply involved in this stuff. My how times have changed. A lot of these were the pro Ron Paul Libertarians. Youd think all sides would want a hard reset with politics in America. The people on tv or on social media who are hoping only Democrat or hoping only Republican officials get swept up with this Epstein case are the biggest hypocrites. I also feel bad for women and men who have been through the real life horrors of stuff like this sort of abuse being triggered by all this, but I think now is the time for all this is all finally coming to light

You can see it on cable news, you can tell in their voice and mannerisms they don't even know how they're going to cover what is going to (potentially) be a story that will rip apart everything, especially as the 2020 election cycle is about to go into overdrive. It was clear JFK and 9/11 were never going to be properly exposed, but this "vast network" sure seems like it might be getting exposed and I dont think a lot of people are ready
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby RocketMan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:45 am

8bitagent » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:07 am wrote:You know it's interesting, it was the more right leaning conspiracy people who were the loudest on the radio, internet, etc when it came to pushing the idea of a global cabal of pedo elites. Yet now that most of them have decided to hitch their collective wagons to Trump and the Republican party, they're pretty much screwed in the mental gymnastics they're playing. It used to be most the right wing conspiracy researches , radio hosts, etc hated Bush and the Republicans just as much as Clinton and the Democrats and always said both Republican and Dem politicians were deeply involved in this stuff. My how times have changed.

Very astute, as usual! :praybow Alex Jones is the poster boy for this particular meltdown, I think. Well okay, he's a poster boy for a bevvy of meltdowns, buuut aaaannyhow...

Nice to see you again 8bit.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:05 am

CD's in Epstein's safe labeled: "Young [Name] + [Name]"

That looks an awful lot like they found the blackmail tapes

Here is what law-enforcement officials found in Jeffrey Epstein’s Upper East Side mansion on Saturday night when they executed a search warrant, according to SDNY’s detention memo:

Here is the list of 52 Republicans and 8 Democrats who voted to confirm Alex Acosta as Labor Secretary despite evasive responses to questions about the Epstein deal during his confirmation hearing.

Jeffrey Epstein Is the Ultimate Symbol of Plutocratic Rot
By Michelle GoldbergJuly 8, 2019
Powerful elites enabled the financier accused of trafficking underage girls.

Protesters demonstrated with signs bearing the image of Jeffrey Epstein outside Federal District Court in New York on Monday.Stephanie Keith/Getty Images

In 2003, the journalist Vicky Ward profiled Jeffrey Epstein, the financier indicted Monday on charges of sexually abusing and trafficking underage girls, for Vanity Fair. Her piece painted him as an enigmatic Jay Gatsby type, a boy from a middle-class family in Brooklyn who had scaled the rungs of the plutocracy, though no one could quite figure out how he made his money. It detailed dubious business dealings and mentioned that Epstein often had lots of beautiful young women around. But it left out Ward’s most important finding.

Twelve years later, in The Daily Beast, Ward wrote about how, in the course of her reporting, two sisters allegedly preyed upon by Epstein, as well as their mother, had spoken to her on the record. But shortly before the story went to press, Ward wrote, the Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter cut that section, saying, of Epstein, “He’s sensitive about the young women.” (In a statement on Monday, Carter said Ward’s reporting hadn’t been solid enough.)

Over the last couple of months, Ward told me, she’s started going through transcripts of the interviews about Epstein she did more than 16 years ago. “What is so amazing to me is how his entire social circle knew about this and just blithely overlooked it,” she said of his penchant for adolescents. While praising his charm, brilliance and generous donations to Harvard, those she spoke to, she said, “all mentioned the girls, as an aside.”

On Saturday evening, more than a decade after receiving a sweetheart plea deal in an earlier sex crime case, Epstein was arrested after getting off a private flight from Paris. He has been accused of exploiting and abusing “dozens” of minor girls, some as young as 14, and conspiring with others to traffic them. Epstein’s arrest was the rare event that gratified right and left alike, both because it seemed that justice might finally be done, and because each side has reason to believe that if Epstein goes down, he could bring some of its enemies with him.

Both sides are likely right. The Epstein case is first and foremost about the casual victimization of vulnerable girls. But it is also a political scandal, if not a partisan one. It reveals a deep corruption among mostly male elites across parties, and the way the very rich can often purchase impunity for even the most loathsome of crimes. If it were fiction, it would be both too sordid and too on-the-nose to be believable, like a season of “True Detective” penned by a doctrinaire Marxist.

Epstein socialized with Donald Trump, who in 2002 described him to New York Magazine as a “terrific guy” whom he’d known for 15 years. “It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side,” said the future president. In 2000, a porter who worked next door to Epstein’s Manhattan home told a British newspaper, admiringly, “I often see Donald Trump and there are loads of models coming and going, mostly at night. It’s amazing.”

Jeffrey Epstein with Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago in 1997.Davidoff Studios/Getty Images

Epstein also hung out with Bill Clinton, who rode on his jet several times. Ghislaine Maxwell, a close companion of Epstein who has been accused of working as his procurer, attended Chelsea Clinton’s wedding in 2010, long after Epstein’s exposure. Following his arrest on Saturday, Christine Pelosi, daughter of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, tweeted, “It is quite likely that some of our faves are implicated but we must follow the facts and let the chips fall where they may.”

Among the mysteries of the Epstein case are why powerful prosecutors of both parties treated him with such leniency. Alexander Acosta, now Trump’s labor secretary, was the federal attorney who oversaw the deal Epstein received in 2008. Though facing potential federal charges that could have put him away for life, Epstein was allowed to plead to minor state charges instead, an arrangement that was kept secret from his victims. He served 13 months in a county jail, where he got to spend six days a week in his office on work-release. In February, a judge ruled that Acosta’s team’s handling of the case violated the Crime Victims’ Rights Act. (Naturally, Acosta still has his job.)

After Epstein served his time, he had to register as a sex offender. Inexplicably, the Manhattan district attorney’s office, under Democrat Cyrus Vance Jr., asked a judge to downgrade Epstein’s sex offender status from Level 3, the most serious, to Level 1, the least. The judge, stunned, refused. “I am a little overwhelmed because I have never seen a prosecutor’s office do anything like this,” she said.

In a detention memo submitted on Monday, federal prosecutors outlined some of the evidence seized from a search of Epstein’s house on Saturday night. It included hundreds — possibly thousands — of sexually suggestive photographs of girls who appear underage, as well as hand-labeled compact discs with titles like “Girl pics nude,” and, with the names redacted, “Young [Name] + [Name].”

It seems, at first, astonishingly reckless for Epstein not just to allegedly keep such material, but to keep it in Manhattan, instead of, say, on his private Caribbean island. Maybe, however, it’s simply a sign of how protected he felt. “In my mind there has always been this huge question mark: What is Jeffrey Epstein’s leverage?” Ward said. If we find out, we’ll know just how rotten our rulers really are.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/08/opin ... trump.html

Pelosi leads calls for Acosta to resign over Epstein's 2008 plea deal
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is leading calls for Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta to resign over his role in a 2008 plea deal with financier and registered sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, who now faces sex trafficking charges. And she questioned President Trump's decision to appoint Acosta to the cabinet.

Nancy Pelosi

@SpeakerPelosi
.@SecretaryAcosta must step down. As US Attorney, he engaged in an unconscionable agreement w/ Jeffrey Epstein kept secret from courageous, young victims preventing them from seeking justice. This was known by @POTUS when he appointed him to the cabinet. #AcostaResign

Context: A judge ruled in February that federal prosecutors, including Acosta, violated the law by striking a sweetheart plea deal with Epstein, in which he averted federal prosecution for his participation in an international sex operation.

Acosta, who was then U.S. attorney for the southern district of Florida, opted not to prosecute Epstein on federal sex traffic laws and instead struck a deal that ultimately granted him immunity.
Why it matters: Epstein now faces allegations that he sexually abused and trafficked underage girls in Florida and New York. He denies all charges.

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb), a member of the Judiciary Committee, asked the Department of Justice in December to investigate its treatment of Epstein in the earlier case. Consequently, the DOJ opened an investigation in February, when the White House said it was "looking into" Acosta's 2008 role, per NBC News.
The big picture: Several Democrats, and some conservatives, have called on Acosta to resign. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) tweeted when asked if Acosta should step down, "Fully agree. Epstein’s conduct was despicable, and everyone who participated should be vigorously prosecuted."

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) tweeted, "Acosta must go. He handed a sweetheart deal to a serial sexual predator. Survivors of Epstein’s abuse have been denied their day in court for too long. I’m thankful other prosecutors stepped in to finally deliver justice."

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) tweeted, "The new sex trafficking charges announced today make it agonizingly clear that Acosta failed to deliver true justice for the underage girls Jeffrey Epstein mercilessly exploited. Someone with such poor judgement & utter disregard for survivors should not be our Secretary of Labor."

Rep. Katherine Clark (D-Mass.) tweeted, "This weekend’s arrest is one step closer to justice for #JeffreyEpstein’s victims. Next step: getting rid of @SecretaryAcosta, who let Epstein get away with these horrendous crimes."
https://www.axios.com/pelosi-epstein-ca ... aign=onhrs

TIME’S UP
Jeffrey Epstein’s Sick Story Played Out for Years in Plain Sight
How did the New York financier stay nearly untouchable for decades? Vicky Ward—who has reported extensively on Epstein, on efforts to rehabilitate him—finds out what’s changed.

Vicky Ward
Updated 07.09.19 7:55AM ET / Published 07.09.19 4:35AM ET

A couple of years ago, I was interviewing a former senior White House official when the name Jeffrey Epstein came up.

Unaware of my personal history with Epstein, this person assured me that the New York financier was no serious harm to anyone. He was a good guy. A charming guy. Useful, too. He knew a lot of rich Arabs, including the crown prince of Saudi Arabia, and, further, he had clever ideas about creating bond issues for them. “OK, so he has a girl problem,” this person threw on, almost as an afterthought.

Epstein’s name, I was told, had been raised by the Trump transition team when Alexander Acosta, the former U.S. attorney in Miami who’d infamously cut Epstein a non-prosecution plea deal back in 2008, was being interviewed for the job of labor secretary. The plea deal put a hard stop to a separate federal investigation of alleged sex crimes with minors and trafficking.

“Is the Epstein case going to cause a problem [for confirmation hearings]?” Acosta had been asked. Acosta had explained, breezily, apparently, that back in the day he’d had just one meeting on the Epstein case. He’d cut the non-prosecution deal with one of Epstein’s attorneys because he had “been told” to back off, that Epstein was above his pay grade. “I was told Epstein ‘belonged to intelligence’ and to leave it alone,” he told his interviewers in the Trump transition, who evidently thought that was a sufficient answer and went ahead and hired Acosta. (The Labor Department had no comment when asked about this.)

JUSTICE
Trump’s Labor Secretary Broke the Law in Epstein Case: Judge

Pilar Melendez

And so, it seemed—until the news of Epstein’s arrest on Saturday for allegedly trafficking minors—thus continued a pattern of blatant exceptionalism that surrounded him, and his social and business nexus.

For almost two decades, for some nebulous reason, whether to do with ties to foreign intelligence, his billions of dollars, or his social connections, Epstein, whose alleged sexual sickness and horrific assaults on women without means or ability to protect themselves is well-known in his circle, remained untouchable.

As many people know, I spent many months on his trail in 2002 for Vanity Fair and discovered not only that he was not who he claimed to be professionally, but also that he had allegedly assaulted two young sisters, one of whom had been underage at the time. Very bravely, they were prepared to go on the record. They were afraid he’d use all his influence to discredit them—and their fear turned out to be legitimate.

As the article was being readied for publication, Epstein made a visit to the office of Vanity Fair’s then-editor, Graydon Carter, and suddenly the women and their allegations were removed from the article. “He’s sensitive about the young women,” Carter told me at the time. He also mentioned he’d finagled a photograph of Epstein in a swimsuit out of the encounter. And there was also some feeble excuse about the article “being stronger as a business story.” (Epstein had also leaned heavily on my ex-husband’s uncle, Conrad Black, to try to exert his influence on me, which was particularly unwelcome, given that Black happened to be my ex-husband’s boss at the time.)

ADVERTISING

But much worse was to come from Epstein’s army of willfully blind lobbyists. In 2007 and 2008, as the FBI prepared a 53-page indictment that would charge Epstein with sex crimes, Epstein’s powerful legal team played the influence card.

After the one meeting with then-U.S. Attorney Acosta, where presumably “intelligence” was mentioned, the indictment was shelved and, instead, Epstein signed a non-prosecution agreement with federal prosecutors, pleading guilty to one count of solicitation of prostitution and one count of procurement of minors for prostitution, which earned him a cushy 13 months in county jail, from where he was allowed to leave to work at his office and go for walks.

The deal granted immunity to “any potential co-conspirators.” Most significantly, federal prosecutors agreed to keep the deal secret from Epstein’s victims, which meant they would not know to challenge it in court. As it turned out, this actually broke the law, because victims have a right to know of such developments, according to the Crime Victims’ Rights Act.

“A few years ago the journalist Michael Wolff wrote a profile of him for New York magazine that was meant to ‘rehabilitate’ Epstein’s image and would tell of all the billionaires who still, secretly, hung out with Epstein.”
We, the public, had access to all this information as it played out over the years in plain sight. And yet the outrage just was not there. After his absurdly soft jail time, Epstein carried on as before. He shamelessly wandered the streets of New York accompanied by startlingly young looking foreign women. People in his social set still tell me how “brilliant” he is and phone him for financial advice. A few years ago the journalist Michael Wolff wrote a profile of him for New York magazine that was meant to “rehabilitate” Epstein’s image and would tell of all the billionaires who still, secretly, hung out with Epstein. The piece had “fact-checking” issues and never ran. Even so, the notion that it was considered is mind-boggling.

So kudos, then, to the Miami Herald journalist Julie K. Brown, who many years after the fact went back and interviewed some of Epstein’s alleged victims in her brilliant three-part series “Perversion of Justice.” It was Brown who told the stories of teenagers in trailer parks outside Palm Beach who needed money for shoes or just to live, who went to give Epstein massages and so much more. Brown and her editors actually took the women seriously.

It was that heart-wrenching series that caught the attention of Congress. Ben Sasse, the Republican senator from Nebraska, joined with his Democratic colleagues and demanded to know how justice had been so miscarried.

Given the political sentiment, it’s unsurprising that the FBI should feel newly emboldened to investigate Epstein—basing some of their work on Brown’s excellent reporting.

The story in the indictment that was unsealed earlier Monday was eerily familiar to all of us who have been paying attention to Epstein’s sick story. What is different, finally, after 16 years, is the reaction, which is, at last, appropriate.

One of the young women who spoke to me 16 years ago emailed Monday evening. “Shocked and elated,” she said. “Fingers crossed they all finally go down.” Amen to that.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-e ... ref=scroll
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:39 am

Acosta's ass definitely needs to go, but Pelosi's daughter put it in even more stark terms...I think Christine Pelosi knows more of what's up:
This Epstein case is horrific and the young women deserve justice. It is quite likely that some of our faves are implicated but we must follow the facts and let the chips fall where they may - whether on Republicans or Democrats.
3 days ago https://twitter.com/sfpelosi/status/114 ... gr%5Etweet

I'm grateful the big D Democrats as well as the general left is at a place "in the post #metoo" era where they are ok with turning their ire on sacred cows unlike the modern right wing(sadly this also means destroying actual good guys like Al Franken) But like the Trump MAGA/Alex Jones style rightspiracy brigade, way too much of the "left" is in this team sports mentality. Just look at how much of the framing of Epstein is focused solely on Trump by MSNBC and a lot of the social media Democrats, where much of the pro Trump swamp is simply using this horror show to resuscitate their anti Clinton obsession. Only the clear headed people are saying fuck it, bring all these fuckers down if they're involved in this horrible stuff; either directly or playing a part in covering it up.

RocketMan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:45 am wrote:
8bitagent » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:07 am wrote:You know it's interesting, it was the more right leaning conspiracy people who were the loudest on the radio, internet, etc when it came to pushing the idea of a global cabal of pedo elites. Yet now that most of them have decided to hitch their collective wagons to Trump and the Republican party, they're pretty much screwed in the mental gymnastics they're playing. It used to be most the right wing conspiracy researches , radio hosts, etc hated Bush and the Republicans just as much as Clinton and the Democrats and always said both Republican and Dem politicians were deeply involved in this stuff. My how times have changed.

Very astute, as usual! :praybow Alex Jones is the poster boy for this particular meltdown, I think. Well okay, he's a poster boy for a bevvy of meltdowns, buuut aaaannyhow...

Nice to see you again 8bit.

Thanks. I do miss y'all. It's interesting but perhaps not so strange that all this stuff being discussed on here in the mid to latter 2000's seems to now be coming to a head.

I can't help but feel riveted by the past 48 hours with this case, literally seeing the robotic rhythmic talking heads on news shows looking sobered by career prosecutors and legal analyst guests speculate about
how vast this global elite pedo network goes, what blackmail Epstein has hidden away on digital files on powerful people, wondering which US presidents/prime ministers/royalty/business heads were at these pedo parties and openly sounding like an Alex Jones show from a decade ago.
I'm also glad the horrific conditions of migrants in American detention facilities is getting such a huge spotlight as well as other terrible shit happening, tho it feels like the CNNMSNBC media acts petrified of veering away from safe material like RUSSIAGATE/Mueller. The mainstream media/suburbanite left and the flag waving MAGA folks feel like Woody Harrelson in True Detective, while the true independent journalists like the Miami Herald or Gary Webb before them are like Matthew Mcconaughey in True Detective wanting to really shine a light on how rotten things truly areImage
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:50 am

this is happening because the victims never gave up

Epstein does not have to be the one to rat out anyone...he is not going to get a plea deal

Prosecutors identified three employees who allegedly set up appointments with victims to “engage in paid sex acts with Epstein.”

6 Disturbing Revelations From Jeffrey Epstein’s Court Documents
Adam K. Raymond3:25 P.M.

U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Geoffrey Berman announces charges against Jeffery Epstein. Photo: Stephanie Keith/Getty Images

The Southern District of New York unsealed its indictment against billionaire Jeffrey Epstein Monday. Already a registered sex offender, Epstein faces one count of sex trafficking and one count of conspiracy to commit sex trafficking for crimes allegedly committed in New York City and Florida.

Epstein is accused of molesting underage girls who he paid to give him massages, and then paying them to recruit other girls to do the same. In a statement, the U.S. Attorney’s office accused him of creating “a vast network of underage victims for him to sexually exploit, often on a daily basis.”

While some details of the accusations against Epstein are known thanks to dogged investigative reporting and similar charges he faced in 2008, newly released court documents, including an indictment and bail memo, contain new revelations. Here are six of them:

Epstein’s victims told him they were underage

The indictment says Epstein “intentionally sought out — and knew that he was abusing — minors.” Some of the girls were as young as 14, and Epstein knew this, prosecutors allege, because they “expressly told him.”

He wasn’t working alone

While Epstein sometimes set up appointments with his victims, he had help, too, according to prosecutors. He “worked and conspired with others, including employees and associates who facilitated the conduct by, among other things, contacting victims and scheduling their sexual encounters with Epstein,” the indictment reads. Prosecutors identified three employees who allegedly set up appointments with victims to “engage in paid sex acts with Epstein.”

He paid his victims to recruit new victims

Epstein’s victims in New York City and Palm Beach, Florida, were paid hundreds of dollars to bring him new victims. The indictment says this was done to “ensure a steady stream” of minor victims.

Prosecutors think he’s an enormous flight risk

Why? Because Epstein owns homes in New York City, Palm Beach, New Mexico, Paris, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, where he owns a whole island. He also has access to two private planes and owns 15 cars, including “seven Chevrolet Suburbans, a cargo van, a Range Rover, a Mercedes-Benz sedan, a Cadillac Escalade, and a Hummer II,” according to the bail memo.

He held on to evidence of his crimes

After Epstein was arrested over the weekend, police searched his New York City mansion and found a trove of evidence of his crimes, including “lewd photographs of young-looking women or girls,” and “evidence consistent with victim recollections” that serves to strengthen “the evidence of the conduct charged in the Indictment,” the bail memo says.

He kept CDs of child porn

Some of the photographs law enforcement found in Epstein’s home were on CDs that were kept in a locked safe. The handwritten labels made it clear what was contained on the discs. According to the bail memo, the labels said, “‘Young [Name] + [Name],’ ‘Misc nudes 1,’ and ‘Girl pics nude.’”
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/ ... -docs.html

The evidence, however, is not limited to the photos.

One of the rooms in the mansion matches descriptions provided by victims, prosecutors said in court—complete with a massage table, sex toys, and lubricant.

“Even the room where abuses occurred is set up the way it was,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Alex Rossmiller said.

The prosecution’s memo said corroborating evidence “also includes documents and other materials, such as contemporaneous notes, messages recovered from the defendant’s residence that include names and contact information for certain victims, and call records that confirm the defendant and his agents were repeatedly in contact with various victims during the charged period.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-e ... an-mansion

According To The Bail Memo:

1. Prosecutors consider Epstein to be a very high flight risk, given his enormous wealth, private planes and international ties.

2. Epstein owns six residences, including a private island in the U.S. Virgin Islands that was listed as his primary residence. He also has 15 motor vehicles and access to two private planes.

3. Authorities who searched Epstein’s residences found a huge amount of corroborating evidence, including contact information for victims, notes, phone records and more.

4. Among the evidence authorities uncovered was an enormous trove of explicit photographs of young women and girls, which he maintained even after his initial conviction in 2008.

5. Epstein engaged in “witness tampering, harassment [and] other obstructive behaviors,” according to Berman. The billionaire allegedly went to extreme degrees to obstruct the investigation, including by having his private investigator run someone off the road.https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jeffrey- ... AcaJGz-YJu

Report: In Trump World, Acosta’s Job Depends On How Long He’s In The News
Nicole Lafond

Secretary of Labor Alex Acosta’s job is safe — for now.

According to people familiar with the matter who spoke to Politico, the White House is paying close attention to the coverage of Acosta’s role in the decade-old lenient plea deal for accused pedophile and billionaire Jeffrey Epstein. President Trump is reportedly likely to keep Acosta in his current position and will only become concerned if his labor secretary’s time in the news cycle lingers, according to the report. Politico’s sources said Trump will give Acosta the “benefit of the doubt,” in Politico’s words, given the President’s own history of facing accusations of sexual assault.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has already called for Acosta’s resignation, as has the Miami Herald’s editorial board.

The 2008 sweetheart deal that Acosta had a hand in has come under increased scrutiny in the past two days after Epstein was charged with allegedly running a sex-trafficking ring with underage girls in the early 2000s. Epstein now faces up to 45 years in prison.

But back in 2008 when he was charged with other sex crimes, Epstein was given a 13-month prison sentence and allowed work release so he could come and go from the jail. Acosta was the prosecutor in the case.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trum ... le-epstein

Barrett Brown

@BarrettBrown_
4h4 hours ago
More
Remember what organization did everything possible to cover up what #Epstein and his associates were doing. It was the same org that protected @PalantirTech and other firms that would go on to undermine the last election for Trump.

It was the DOJ.
https://twitter.com/BarrettBrown_

Barrett Brown

@BarrettBrown_
Follow Follow @BarrettBrown_
More
Based on a couple of different rumblings I'm seeing from lesser-known but historically prescient sources, plus more public developments, there's a real chance pedophilia networks catering to wealth/powerful are going to become an actual mainstream story in coming months.
7:58 PM - 6 Dec 2017

Depending on one's definition of pedophile network, the Epstein case is the best-known example, even if implications are too far beyond popular conception of human nature to have been pursued in the public space. Other fragments here and there, like use by intel agencies.

https://twitter.com/BarrettBrown_/statu ... 1713443840
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion