Peak Pretending?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Peak Pretending?

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StNfkQrdoGM

In "the public" an unusually bitter Arctic blast has made its way to downtown Cincinnati and the front doors of the public library where the action of the film takes place. The story revolves around the library patrons, many of whom are homeless, mentally ill and marginalized, as well as an exhausted and overwhelmed staff of librarians who often build emotional connections and a sense of obligation to care for those regular patrons. At odds with library officials over how to handle the extreme weather event, the Patrons turn the building into a homeless shelter for the night by staging an "Occupy" sit in. What begins as an act of civil disobedience becomes a stand off with police and a rush-to-judgment media constantly speculating about what's really happening. This David versus Goliath story tackles some of our nation's most challenging issues, homelessness and mental illness and sets the drama inside one of the last bastions of democracy-in-action: your public library.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Rory » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:44 pm

You post this ^^^ in the wrong thread? What's the context?

From today:

Sotu Klaatu Barada Nikto
http://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/ ... ada-nikto/
Clusterfuck Nation

It’s beginning to look a little like The Day the Earth Stood Still out there, with Devin Nunes in the Klaatu role, roiling the Earthlings into a frothy hysteria as they attempt to defend their puny empire of errand boys, grocery clerks, and elected buffoons. At dawn’s early light, we await The Memo.

The New York Times was running veritable Chinese fire drills on its front page this morning denouncing The Memo in advance, shrieking about the end of the Republic, with the laughable caveat that… “None of this is to say the F.B.I. and the rest of the federal law enforcement apparatus should be immune from criticism or reform.” The Times editorial did not go into any detail about what exactly might invite that reform — like perhaps one top-rank agent telling another one that the “loathsome” president had to be gotten rid of at all costs.

The casual observer — say, one who is immune to the charms of Donald J. Trump — can’t fail to notice that there is a bit more smoke emanating from the upper echelons of the FBI than has yet been seen in the sludgy narrative called “Russian Meddling in the 2016 Election.” Going into two years of that yarn, not one concrete detail has emerged. Meddled how? For all the “we now know” talking points uttered by Grand Inquisitor Rachel Maddow, it seems to me that we now know next to nothing about “collusion” between Russians and Trump, while we know a great deal about the indelicate behavior of FBI officers in important positions with grave responsibilities — government agents with the power to wreck lives — who cooked up an enormous hysteria in the body politic.

The situation certainly puts the nation in a quandary. An uncouth and ridiculous President called forth to battle a vicious, dishonest, bureaucracy and in particular its gigantic, out-of-control “security” apparatus, which appears to have been hijacked by politically interested parties — namely, the minions of Hillary Clinton. You have been reminded here before that history is the supreme prankster. In Fourth Turning terms, the poor old disintegrating USA pined for a “gray champion” and all it got was this booby prize: a Manhattan real estate schmikler with a mean streak. Well, that’s how things roll in a long emergency. And this might only be the beginning of it.

In any case, it appears that the FBI, in the hallowed words of Ricky Ricardo, has got some ‘splainin’ to do. Recall, it was not so long ago that the FBI was run by a cross-dressing maniac addicted to blackmail, so let’s not act as if the agency was something that the Lord Yahweh brought into being on the fifth day of creation, after the lobsters and the cockateels. Granted, J. Edgar Hoover was a hard act to follow, but we are now, evidently, living in an age of even lower men (and women, to be fair).

CNN reminded viewers relentlessly last night that The Memo was sure to be a disappointment, a “nothingburger,” for a nation that expects a righteous half-pound beef patty with lettuce, tomato, pickle, and special sauce on a sesame bun. Personally, I expect something more like a three-day-old dead carp in a plain brown wrapper. Maybe “the Resistance” will try to make gefilte fish out of it, which is a burger of sorts: chopped meat, anyway.

Meanwhile, we await the report of DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz, who has been rooting around in the same burger den as the House and Senate committees, questioning the same cast of characters. The DOJ report is liable to be more damaging than The Memo. The whole nasty gumball of suspicion and innuendo seems destined to climax in a constitutional crisis. Ludicrous as it seems — like some rogue army out of the stupid Star Wars epic — the “Resistance” bethinks itself the nation’s savior. In the best American tradition, they’ll burn the joint down in order to save it.
Rory

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:22 pm

still waiting for you to admit you were peak pretending to speak for Wombat

ignore the serial peak pretender in thief trump ...I think not

I never pretend to ignore liars

I do not ..will not ever ...ignore liars

3 Things to remember on NunesDay:

1) Nunes authored a far more privacy invasive expansion of FISA spying passed 2 weeks ago, while working on memo

2) Nunes was transition official; a guilty plea has already come out of transition...Miueller has ALL the transition team's emails

3) Page was not part of campaign when targeted

Greg Fish
This is a diagram of the @DevinNunes memo by Vox. There are exactly two problems with it. One, Page was bragging about being in contact with Russian spies since 2013, when he was parading as a big shot in the oil business, more than two years before Trump announced his candidacy.

Two, the Steele dossier being a Clinton venture was debunked about a hundred times now. It was originally funded by the very conservative Washington Free Beacon, and eventually taken over by a Democratic donor who never made use of it...

case you don't remember, many top conservatives hated Trump right up until he became the party's nominee, which is exactly when the Free Beacon cut off the funding spigot on the dossier. Marc Elias also cut the funding after Clinton lost the election, never using the info.

Does @DevinNunes really think the FBI ignored Page telling everyone how many Russian spies he was meeting for almost four years, but an oppo dossier Clinton somehow funded through a hostile right wing publication until the RNC shook them out of their stupor and they lied to ...

... get a FISA warrant through a panel of judges and officials so gullible, or so pro-Clinton, they didn't ask for any justification or thought that Page's bragging about being scouted as an SVR asset wasn't a reason to monitor him, but Steele's raw intel nuggets were? Seriously?

Because this is exactly what he's suggesting. This is Uranium One all over again. If you ignore literally 90% of the backstory, as well as who was involved and why, it sounds suspicious, but if you do ten minutes of research, the whole conspiracy theory begins to fall apart.

PS: To clarify, Marc Elias was the Democratic donor in question and paid Steele to keep working through Perkins Coie, the law firm where he is a partner. So by the memo's logic, Clinton or Elias somehow laundered initial funding through the Free Beacon, then ditched their cover.

PPS: Another factoid of interest is that Page has been under a FISA warrant since 2014, something that I’m sure innocently slipped Nunes’ mind and was not in any way omitted to give his conspiracy any degree of credit...
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:13 pm

You're just acting out. I see. No problem.

Every thread is your personal data dump. Rinse and repeat
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:21 pm

no I am not just acting out ...this is not a game ....I am reminding you and I am still waiting...see that elephant?

no data dump contributed to this post
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Jerky » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:23 pm

One SLAD is worth a thousand of your ilk, Rory.

J.

Rory » 02 Feb 2018 18:13 wrote:You're just acting out. I see. No problem.

Every thread is your personal data dump. Rinse and repeat
Jerky

Postby Rory » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:34 pm

Ah my old pal. Why did you send me an aggressive, confrontational private message?
Rory

Postby Jerky » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:27 am

Aggressive and confrontational?

I literally asked you what the hell your problem with me was, because I'm sincerely curious. Feel free to make it public if you wish. It's hardly the stuff of nightmares.

J.
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:29 am

Also, I'll take honest "aggression and confrontation" over your brand of slimy, condescending innuendo and bad faith "cool kid" pseudo-argumentation, any day.

Hence, my valuing of SLAD's valuable participation here over your sneering dismissal of same.

J.
Jerky

Postby Rory » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:59 am

Jerky » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:27 pm wrote:Aggressive and confrontational?

I literally asked you what the hell your problem with me was, because I'm sincerely curious. Feel free to make it public if you wish. It's hardly the stuff of nightmares.

J.

It's just our old pal exploring. Good intentions on your part, that lead so many people here to find you abrasive, bullying, and unnecessarily insulting.

Continue on in your particular bull in a china shop manner. But don't expect people to see eye to eye with your "sincere curiosity". lmao.
Rory

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:32 pm

And a lot of us find jerky to be quite accurate and funny on where and how he directs his derision.
Jerky also responds to appropriate criticism and is open to and encourages discussion.
He also admits it when he is wrong about an issue, or has made a false claim.
Rory can you say the same for yourself?
Burnt Hill

Postby Rory » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:36 pm

You ever revisit the Vegas thread and apologised profusely to stickdog for your behavior there?
Rory

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Me? as far as I know stick and I are fine with each other, we may disagree on certain points, but there is no animosity between us.
Being able to communicate effectively with those we disagree with is paramount here.
I get where he is coming from.
With you I am not so sure.
What is it you think I need to apologize for? Specifically?
Behavior can be interesting and revealing.
Content and context is what matters.
Burnt Hill

Postby Jerky » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:08 pm

Considering the context, I'd say I've shown heroic levels of restraint.

How's this for a solution? I "foe" (block) you, and you do the same for me. Then you never have to see my "abrasive, bullying" insults, and I never have to be subjected to your frequent displays of Dunning-Kruger-effect-fueled condescension.

Whaddaya say? Is it a deal?

J.

Rory » 03 Feb 2018 15:59 wrote:
Jerky » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:27 pm wrote:Aggressive and confrontational?

J.

It's just our old pal exploring. Good intentions on your part, that lead so many people here to find you abrasive, bullying, and unnecessarily insulting.

Continue on in your particular bull in a china shop manner. But don't expect people to see eye to eye with your "sincere curiosity". lmao.
Jerky

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:13 pm

Also, what about the deflection?
You have an outstanding debt.
You need to recompense.

You spoke for WR inappropriately, you may be doing the same for stickdog now.

I will be looking for your pov on the Vegas thread.
Burnt Hill

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion