Hoaxes or Creativity Suppressed?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Hoaxes or Creativity Suppressed?

Postby Sounder » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:49 am

Are people ready to live in a much larger world?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/in ... 8cd8e0a5c7

Rest at link...
.....Then, in late 2016, Wikileaks published a number of Tom’s emails to John Podesta, which revealed the names of some of these sources. Among his advisors were two generals: one was a commander of the U.S. Air Force’s research laboratory at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and responsible for managing the Air Force’s $2.2 billion science and technology program; the other was the Special Assistant to the Commander of Air Force Space Command at Peterson Air Force Base. As devastating as this was to some, it established for those who doubted him that Tom was indeed telling the truth about his high level contacts......

.....On Wednesday October 11, at 9:00 AM PT and 12:00 PM EST, the team will launch the new initiative at an event to be live-streamed from Seattle. Tom will introduce his colleagues and explain the intentions and purpose of the new company, and its need for public support. To tune in, or to watch it aftewards, click here.

According to a TTS /AAS statement, it’s team members who have been “operating under the shadows of top-secrecy for decades” believe that “there is sufficient credible evidence of UAP that proves exotic technologies exist that could revolutionize the human experience.” The Science divison will conduct the research, which will also include consciousness, engineering space-time, brain-computer interface, genomics, and creating a database of supranormal experiences. Aerospace will apply the science to create “next-generation energy and propulsion concepts for transportation and spaceflight that could forever change movement across land, water, air”, and Entertainment will offer “informative storytelling that provides insight into the journey and provokes curiosity in the profound yet unresolved mysteries of the world.”....

......At the meeting, I was given information on background and shown some revelatory documents and data off the record, some of which will eventually be made public. I was especially curious to meet Luis Eiizondo because he ran a program at the DOD involving the study of anomalous aerial threats. Luis had resigned this position literally the day before we met. I was able to verify who he was and what his tasks were at the Pentagon. He received the highest commendatons from his superiors. I learned that important unclassified data and documentation is expected to be released through the Academy’s on-line Community of Interest (COI) in collaboration with the US government, which will be set up soon.

Luis told me that among several portfolios he managed, he found the issue of unexplained aerial threats and related phenomena to be particularly interesting and perplexing. “Unlike the other efforts that many people in the Pentagon knew I was associated with, the topic of aerial threats was a much more limited audience that few had any idea I was part of, with the exception of a select few individuals,” he said.

I asked him if these unidentified objects were considered to be threats. “They did not exhibit overt hostility,” he said. “But something unexplained is always assumed to be a potential threat until we are certain it isn’t.” I find it highly significant that Luis Elizondo is moving from this Program buried within the DOD into the private sector. “From our observations, my opinion and that of others is that the phenomenon is very real. On the bright side, I believe we are closer than ever before in our understanding of how it operates,” he told me. .......

Yes, closer than ever and still a long way away.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby DrEvil » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:37 am

Sounder » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:25 pm wrote:I often wonder how much and what kind of ‘science’ will it take to show the general population that there are indeed possibilities for development that lie outside of current normative structures of ‘knowledge’.

A response from Dr. Evil or Rory would be nice, but I do suppose that they have left this pop stand given that the consensus here is safely in their camp on the AGW question.

Still I do wonder in general, is Wired a credible enough source for folk (around here) to consider that maybe, just maybe, there is something to this ‘Cold Fusion’ thing?

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... ances-2015

The cold fusion race just heated up

Cold fusion
30 January 15 by David Hambling
The E-Cat, or Energy Catalyser, is an alleged cold fusion reactor invented by Andrea Rossi. While many researchers claim to have produced small quantities of excess heat using nickel and hydrogen, Rossi claims he can produce kilowatts and his technology is ready for industry. Rossi's claims are far-fetched, but the E-Cat refuses to go away. Now it appears to have been not only verified, but replicated. Should we start taking Rossi seriously?

Rossi's style is striptease: punters are led on with big promises, followed by obsessive secrecy and occasional fleeting glimpses. He addresses the world only via statements in idiosyncratic English in the comments section of his web page, the grandly and misleadingly-titled Journal of Nuclear Physics. Scientists have never been allowed to examine the E-Cat, details of the supposed physics have never been revealed, and even the identities of his US business partners were only discovered by online sleuthing.

Given his keep-'em-waiting approach, few believed Rossi's repeated assertions over the years that an independent scientific study of the E-Cat really was on the way. Amazingly enough, in October a report appeared authored by, among others, researchers from the University of Uppsala and University of Bologna. Even more astoundingly, it was completely positive.

The Lugano Report details how, for the length of a 32-day continuous run, a 900-watt electrical input produced 2,800 watts of heat from the reactor. The 20-cm long E-Cat was run for an extended period to prove that the energy could not be produced by hidden batteries or other sources:

"The total net energy obtained during the 32 days run was about 1.5 MWh. This amount of energy is far more than can be obtained from any known chemical sources in the small reactor volume."

Further, the isotopic composition of the nickel powder had changed:

"The isotope composition in Lithium and Nickel was found to agree with the natural composition before the run, while after the run it was found to have changed substantially. Nuclear reactions are therefore indicated to be present in the run process".

What to make of Andrea Rossi's apparent cold fusion success

The report was promptly savaged by sceptics, pointing out that Rossi was present for the test and questioning how independent it was. Steven B. Krivit, editor of New Energy Times, headlined his account "Rossi Handles Samples in Alleged Independent Test of His Device".

The arguments about the Lugano Report continue, meanwhile there has been an even more surprising development. Prof Alexander Parkhomov of Lomonosov Moscow State University has published a paper describing his successful replication of the E-Cat, based on the available information about it. The paper is in Russian; there is a link and commentary and video in English on E-Cat World. Parkhomov's results are more modest, but the energy output of his cloned E-Cat claimed to be up to 2.74 times as great as the input.

Parkhomov presented his results earlier this week at a cold fusion seminar at the Research Institute for Nuclear Power Plant Operation in Moscow.

Rossi has always maintained that his design would be hard to copy and harder to control. Parkhomov provides images of a half a dozen prototype E-Cats which have been destroyed by localised overheating: the container is made of alumina because of its ability to tolerate high temperatures, but if the reaction is uneven it may get hot enough to burn through.

Independent US researcher Jack Cole also claims to have reverse-engineered the E-Cat and produced 11 percent excess heat, though he does not have the status and credibility of the Russian scientist.

A key aspect of Parkhomov's work is that it is entirely open.

"Parkhomov has openly revealed his reactor design, ingredients used and experimental process, which is not terribly complex, and this allows for further experimentation to take place in the public domain, not under a cloak of secrecy," says Frank Acland of E-Cat World. "If someone now replicates Parkhomov's work, I don't think anyone can rationally deny that Rossi has what he has always claimed."

Race for cold fusion: Nasa, MIT, Darpa and Cern peer through the keyhole

The Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project is now working with Parkhomov on its opensource E-Cat replication called "Project Dog Bone," having previously failed to produce excess heat.

Rossi appears unconcerned. He congratulates Parkhomov, but says his own work is way ahead: "We are close to go commercial massively. I think now is too late to catch us [sic]."
None of this is likely to bother sceptics in the global energy market, though there are signs of panic among conspiracy theorists. Russian media has repeated a rumour that President Obama discussed Chinese E-Cat production under licence with Xi Jinping in his recent visit, a move that might destroy Russia's vital energy exports.

If Parkhomov's work can be copied, the Chinese may not need a licence. It is a big "If"; whether any of this is real is still very much open for debate and unlikely to be settled soon. Expect to hear more on the E-Cat.

A bit late to the party (I was busy with AGW cult indoctrination seminars), but anyway..

I haven't read Wired in years, so can't speak for their credibility.

Rossi is up to his usual stuff, with yet another demonstration around the corner. He also just settled a lawsuit he filed against a company that refused to pay him the licensing fee for his technology after spending three years trying and failing to reproduce his tech.

The latest from Parkhomov was in December last year. His work is published in Russian, so good sources are hard to come by, especially from non-fanatical experts.

I'm not holding my breath.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby minime » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:35 pm

Dr. Evil litotized and hypobolized: "I'm not holding my breath."

Likely not. But if you do, think kumbhaka. Or, for Sounder, the controlled pause.

Anyway... this thread is unspun, unwoven, and yet unravelled.

To further mix metaphors, this is how RI bakes bread: without any energy at all.
minime

Postby DrEvil » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:57 pm

I'm sure your posts make perfect sense inside your head, but out here in the real world they don't, although by your standards that was almost comprehensible.
DrEvil

Postby minime » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:01 pm

DrEvil wrote:I'm sure your posts make perfect sense inside your head, but out here in the real world they don't, although by your standards that was almost comprehensible.

minime

Postby minime » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:32 pm

DrEvil » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:57 pm wrote:I'm sure your posts make perfect sense inside your head, but out here in the real world they don't, although by your standards that was almost comprehensible.

In here in my fantasy world, (per Ray Kurzweil) 10,000 times the energy needed to run the world falls on the earth at any given moment in just the form we use it. Not to mention wind, sound, methane, etc.

I'm with Tesla: No need to be fucking around with the inside of the atom.

Start from here.

By the way, nothing in my first post was directed at you, except for the advice on the Western technique of breath control, such as it is. Sounder will fill you in when he is ready, as promised earlier; Jakell might warn you of the dangers. But, don't hold your breath.

As you were.
minime

Postby minime » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Last edited by minime on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minime

Postby DrEvil » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:41 pm

minime » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:32 pm wrote:
DrEvil » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:57 pm wrote:I'm sure your posts make perfect sense inside your head, but out here in the real world they don't, although by your standards that was almost comprehensible.

In here in my fantasy world, (per Ray Kurzweil) 10,000 times the energy needed to run the world falls on the earth at any given moment in just the form we use it. Not to mention wind, sound, methane, etc.

I'm with Tesla: No need to be fucking around with the inside of the atom.

Start from here.

By the way, nothing in my first post was directed at you, except for the advice on the Western technique of breath control, such as it is. Sounder will fill you in when he is ready, as promised earlier; Jakell might warn you of the dangers. But, don't hold your breath.

As you were.

All that energy hitting the Earth is well and good, but harnessing it is another matter (not to mention explaining to the republitards that, no, solar won't suck up all the sunlight and kill the plants). We could probably cover most of our needs with solar, wind, tidal, hydro and geothermal coupled with various forms of storage (dams, batteries etc.), but it would take massive investments to do it. We're on the right track, but oil and coal needs to die ASAP.

I'm all for fucking around with the insides of atoms to create fusion. It's the holy grail of energy and we know it works, and more importantly, how it works. As of now it's "just" an engineering problem, and that's being worked on by a lot of people. ITER is under construction right now. A working fusion reactor is literally free energy.

I practice the Western technique every time I smoke a cigarette. Inhale. Savor. Exhale. Hopefully it cancels out the bad effects, but I'm not holding my breath.

Btw: I'm a fan of transhumanism, but Kurzweil is an annoying git with an annoying voice. At best he's wildly optimistic, at worst he just draws attention to the crazy stuff that will never happen. He will die of old age a very bitter man (but with excellent vitamin levels).
DrEvil

Postby Sounder » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:40 am

Interesting in light of recent events, and maybe why few seem to care that the F-35 is such a turkey.

All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Previous

Return to General Discussion