Assange Amazing Adventures of Captain Neo in Blonde Land.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Assange Amazing Adventures of Captain Neo in Blonde Land

Postby hava1 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:36 am

Israeli backtalkers pre-view on wikileaks megabomb, the right wing (ultra ultra) is happy with the leak...saying that most of the trashing is personal gossip on "world leaders", perhaps netanyahu included.

"personal" ? meaning "sexual" ? we'll wait and see....
hava1

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby wintler2 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:50 am

seemslikeadream wrote:
MacCruiskeen wrote: So I'd feel easier in my mind if Assange had also supplied the stuff to some other publications that are less deeply tainted with a long history of power-worship and service to power.

and I am sure he will, maybe he's grabbing a bit of free publicity to kick off the game

Wikileaks did and do of course make all of the material available, they just gave those 3 papers a head start. Which as has been pointed out, calls their bluff and forces them to do a reasonable job, else they burn their credibility. And i think we underestimate the importance of the credibility of these Glorious Bastions of Freedom and Democracy to the general propaganda bath we swim around in. They really are damned if they do and damned if they don't; at least if they do (do some research and publication of leaked war diaries) then they get to stay in the game and be useful to Power further down the line.

hava1 wrote:Israeli backtalkers pre-view on wikileaks megabomb, the right wing (ultra ultra) is happy with the leak...saying that most of the trashing is personal gossip on "world leaders", perhaps netanyahu included.

"personal" ? meaning "sexual" ? we'll wait and see....

Now that could really be something! Records of the 'handling' of the powerful via blackmail, guru's, vices, intimidation, murder, induced illness or 'madness' - thats some of what i suspect a full mining of US (and other) govt activities would show. And if/since such activities are coordinated over time across the planet, written records must exist somewhere.

I don't really expect that from this coming leak, but wont lose faith in wikileaks regardless. Not unless and until someone shows where they've done wrong or had a real negative effect. The worst that i can see, and that i haven't seen anyone remark on, is that all the other leaks they used to host have gone from the site, and you can only get war diaries torrent there. Quite a few other wikileaks torrents are out there.. why don't they have all the torrent links on wikileaks.org?

Site is up now, nothing new that i could see. But when there is, i'll get a copy.
"Wintler2, you are a disgusting example of a human being, the worst kind in existence on God's Earth. This is not just my personal judgement.." BenD

Research question: are all god botherers authoritarians?
wintler2

Postby anothershamus » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:57 am

Ben D wrote:
seemslikeadream wrote:
Assange is playing them, no doubt,....

I still have doubts, there has to be some awfully powerful backing behind Assange if he is really the goods, just to allow the wikileaks operation to function with ongoing sufficient freedom and effectiveness to negotiate deals with media giants and get the stuff out there.

Some big chess moves may be going on with these leaks, but for me it is too soon to discern whether the moves involve real losses, or mere pawns being sacrificed to set up a result down the track.

I think he is one of the new generation of technophiles that knows how to use the best qualities of the internet independence & security to get the information out. By doing this a couple of times, with real information, he has built up credibility and that is the only angle THEY have to attach him on. (Thus the rape charges.) They may be able to attack him on some technical level someday, but it seems that he has set up his system well enough to prevent take down so far. I think he is deserving and the more secrets that come out the better off WE all are.

On Edit: Here are some recent tweets as of 8:03 Pacific Daylight Time, Friday Nov 26th:

# Israel contacted by US Embassy in Tel Aviv over presumed pending release according to Haaretz 23 minutes ago via web

# Now is a good time to download some "history insurance" https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/572313 ... _insurance about 4 hours ago via web

# Norway briefed by US on WikiLeaks according to NRK (state TV) about 5 hours ago via web

# Denmark briefed by US Ambassador on WikiLeaks according to Danish press about 5 hours ago via web

# Canada briefed by US Ambassador according to CBC about 5 hours ago via web

# Australian Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd briefed by Hillary Clinton on Wikileaks, according to SMH about 5 hours ago via web

# Sky reports US Ambassador visits Downing Street in advance of Wikileaks document release about 5 hours ago via web

# NYT briefed the Whitehouse on Monday over Embassy Files: Now we see every tinpot dictator in the world briefed prior to release. about 5 hours ago via web

# WikiLeaks in today's media http://wlcentral.org/ about 6 hours ago via web

# Should WikiLeaks expose the world's secret diplomatic backroom dealings? Put it to the vote! http://is.gd/hN4Jh about 6 hours ago via web
)'(
anothershamus

Postby hava1 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:47 pm

i wonder why wikileaks is doing all this "continue after the break....." suspence...

for me its a bad sign that they are leaving time for backdoor "deals" on some issues. the materials should be uploaded without delay, that's what the idea of the website is, not another newspaper with editors that become themselves power brokers...
well...anyway...
hava1

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:02 pm

anothershamus wrote:On Edit: Here are some recent tweets as of 8:03 Pacific Daylight Time, Friday Nov 26th:

# Israel contacted by US Embassy in Tel Aviv over presumed pending release according to Haaretz 23 minutes ago via web

# Now is a good time to download some "history insurance" https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/572313 ... _insurance about 4 hours ago via web

# Norway briefed by US on WikiLeaks according to NRK (state TV) about 5 hours ago via web

# Denmark briefed by US Ambassador on WikiLeaks according to Danish press about 5 hours ago via web

# Canada briefed by US Ambassador according to CBC about 5 hours ago via web

# Australian Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd briefed by Hillary Clinton on Wikileaks, according to SMH about 5 hours ago via web

# Sky reports US Ambassador visits Downing Street in advance of Wikileaks document release about 5 hours ago via web

# NYT briefed the Whitehouse on Monday over Embassy Files: Now we see every tinpot dictator in the world briefed prior to release. about 5 hours ago via web

# WikiLeaks in today's media http://wlcentral.org/ about 6 hours ago via web

# Should WikiLeaks expose the world's secret diplomatic backroom dealings? Put it to the vote! http://is.gd/hN4Jh about 6 hours ago via web

THANK YOU shamus

don't you sometimes feel like a desperado under the eaves?

Like the mystics and statistics say it will
I predict this motel will be standing until I pay my bill
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby anothershamus » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:22 pm

My favorite line from that song:
"I was sitting in the Hollywood Hawaiian Hotel
I was listening to the air conditioner hum
It went mmmmmm...."

And it seems appropriate for current times:

)'(
anothershamus

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:35 pm

http://news.scotsman.com/politics/Wikileaks-Diplomatic-disaster-zone.6641656.jp
Relations with Turkey could also be damaged.

According to the London-based Arabic-language newspaper al-Hayat, several documents show that the US has been providing assistance to Turkey's Kurdish separatist movement, the PKK. A report in Israel's Jerusalem Post said the US military documents refer to the PKK as "warriors for freedom and Turkish citizens" and say that the US had set free arrested PKK members in Iraq.

The documents also point out that US forces in Iraq have given weapons to the PKK and ignored the organisation's operations inside Turkey.

One of the documents to be released is also believed to charge Turkey with providing indirect assistance to the terrorist group al-Qaeda by failing to properly control the movement of people across its shared border with Iraq.

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Wikileaks – Save the World -Save a Child
by HAWK GRAEY on NOVEMBER 26, 2010
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange stumbled upon an obscure treatise named, “Mortem Mathematica,” in English, “The Mathematics of Death.”

It is misnamed. Its incorrect sub-title is “How You Can Live Longer Through the Death of Others.”

The original title was, “Ex Liberi Mortem Mathematica” or for the Latin Challenged, “Save a Child – The Mathematics of Saving the World.”

Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld as well as many others have the incorrect tome in their possession.

You’re dying to know just what is in this infamous book. (Pun intended)

Here’s the Executive Summary for those of you who are ADD and want to get to the ending. (Pun intended)

“For every life you take, you will gain one day in your life.”

This is the incorrect translation of this ancient codec. (How many times have you heard that? “Incorrect translation”)

This has been working terrifically well for Cheney and Rumsfeld. The ironic part of this little play is that they didn’t even tell George Bush what they thought this whole thing was about.

Cheney’s heart doesn’t work and Rumsfeld’s mind was gone long ago. (What we don’t know, we don’t know….blah, blah, blah)

Cheney to Rummy, “OK, I scammed my way into the VP slot, God, that old, ‘No one is qualified’ thing worked great with Howdy Doody. His father never would have fallen for that. You’re going to be Secretary of Defense, (howls of laughter and delight, Aarooo!) WE, you and me amigo are going to start several wars. Remember, every time one those stupid kids is killed, we get One More Day of Life! Double Bonus for women, Rummy! (According to the mis-translated book)”

And So It Goes. (Linda Ellerbee I have always loved you)

War, Huh…what is it good for? Absolutely nothing…except making life sucking vampires think they’re getting, “one more day.”

We’re going to take a little side trip here.

With every single “Major Religious Codec” (the Bible, Old, (Talmud) and New (Testament), Koran, Dhamma of Buddhism, Vedas of Hindusim, Bhagavad Gita of Sanskrit, they have all been “interpreted” as best as suits the interpreter. Executive Summary: None of the Holy Books were written in English. It’s some wanker’s idea of what was really written. No one speak those languages today and reading them accurately is, well it’s more ‘art’ than science.

The “Mortem Mathematica,” was “Interpreted” and we add, INCORECTLY.

The Mortem Mathematica says and very clearly, “Human life began in Africa. For the life of every African child you save, who lives, one day will be added to the life of this world. For the life of every child that is taken, one day from this world will be subtracted.”

Some illiterate Catholic Monk in AD 313 mixes up the verb tense and publishes, “For every human life that is taken you will live one more day.”

Cheney and Rumsfeld raid the “Warehouse” with all of those numbered crates we saw at the end of ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ and get the bastardized copy of The Mortem Mathematica.

The best that can be said at this point is, “Oh crap.”

Told that “thousands of innocent men and women will die if this information is made public,” Julian Assange whipped out his calculator and computed that 1,000 lives gives him 3 more years of life. (Crappy calculator too)

N.B. to Julian, “Publish some ‘Leak’ that saves the life of a child, in Africa or anywhere on this planet, YOU might not get another day added to your personal egg timer, BUT, the World, this Planet gets One More Day. It’s for our grandchildren’s – grandchildren.

jah jah sent us here to catch vampire
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:42 pm

U.S. warns world leaders that new WikiLeaks revelations will 'expose corruption between allies' and show what America REALLY thinks of its friends
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 5:27 PM on 27th November 2010
Comments (4)
Add to My Stories

3 million documents set to go online
U.S. diplomats face being kicked out of countries in backlash
Corrupt politicians expected to be named and shamed
Bombshell leak thought to include U.S. assessments of Gordon Brown
Secret talks on return of Lockerbie bomber to Libya may also be leaked
Allegations 'include U.S. backing of Kurdish terrorists'

Blowing the whistle: Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks (pictured earlier this month), is said to be preparing to release more sensitive documents
World leaders were warned last night by America that damaging secrets about their nations were about to be laid bare.
The documents include highly damaging and embarrassing communiques from U.S. embassies around the world, especially from London - revealing the truth behind the so-called 'special relationship' between the U.K. and the U.S.
The U.S. ambassador to London made an unprecedented personal visit to Downing Street to warn that whistleblower website WikiLeaks was about to publish secret assessments of what Washington really thinks of Britain.
The website is on the verge of revealing almost three million documents, including thousands of sensitive diplomatic cables sent to Washington from the American embassy in London.
The bombshell leak is thought to include U.S. assessments of former British prime minister Gordon Brown’s personality and his prospects of winning the General Election, and secret discussions on the return of the Lockerbie bomber to Libya.
Assessments of current Prime Minister David Cameron’s election chances and his private assurances to U.S. officials may also be included, Government sources believe.
They fear they will emerge on Sunday in co-ordinated releases in newspapers in Britain, Germany and America.
The British government is so worried that last night it issued a D-Notice, warning that publishing the secrets could compromise national security.
The website has previously released secret details of allied military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Revelations of American brutality in Iraq and Afghanistan created shockwaves, made WikiLeaks notorious and led to its founder Julian Assange - an Australian-born computer hacker - being vilified by governments around the world. He is now wanted for alleged rape in Sweden.
In total, around 2.7million confidential messages between the U.S. government and its embassies around the world are to be released.

Expose: WikiLeaks' posts on its Twitter page showing how the U.S. government, in anticipation of an imminent expose, is briefing its allies on what to expect
The U.S. State Department warned that the leaks would damage relationships around the world.
Spokesman P J Crowley said: ‘These revelations are harmful to the U.S. and our interests. They are going to create tension in relationships between our diplomats and our friends around the world.’
The U.S. ambassador to Britain, Louis Susman, was seen going into Downing Street and the Foreign Office yesterday to brief officials for what was described as ‘contingency planning’.
‘He came in to explain what they thought we could expect,’ said one Whitehall source.
Defence sources said British national security could be ‘put at risk’ by the release, as they are expected to contain details of the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts and pull-outs and revelations about secret service practices and intelligence sources.
‘These revelations are harmful to the U.S. and our interests. They are going to create tension in relationships between our diplomats and our friends around the world’
Downing Street is braced for potentially hugely embarrassing disclosures about private U.S. assessments of Britain and its leaders.
There are fears of even the most apparently trivial secrets being hugely damaging.
One British official said they feared that mutual American and British contempt for the French would emerge.
‘Moaning about the French was practically a sport,’ he said.
Mr Cameron’s spokesman declined to discuss the nature of any confidential communications that could be released.
He said: ‘Obviously, the Government has been briefed by U.S. officials, by the ambassador. I don’t want to speculate about precisely what is going to be leaked before it is leaked.’
As well as Britain, the U.S. has warned the governments of Australia, Canada, Denmark, Norway and Israel in advance of the release.

Concern: Bombshell leaks are thought to include a U.S. assessment of Gordon Brown and David Cameron's election chances - and secret talks on the return of Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset Al Megrahi (right) to Libya
It has been claimed that a backlash by countries upset over the leaks may lead to U.S. diplomats being expelled.
The next release is expected to include thousands of diplomatic cables reporting allegations of corruption against politicians in Russia, Afghanistan and other Central Asian nations.
But there were no specific details as to the nature of the corruption allegations or which governments are involved.
However, according to the UK-based Arabic daily newspaper al-Hayat, the WikiLeaks release includes documents that show Turkey has helped Al Qaeda in Iraq - an extraordinary revelation which could kill off the country’s hopes of joining the EU.
‘HA HA, I HIT THEM'’: THE EXPOSES THAT SHOCKED THE WORLD
Until now WikiLeaks had published two batches of classified files.
The first was about the war in Afghanistan and gave a grim picture of the day-to-day struggle against the Taliban and the frustrations of trying to train the Afghan police.
The second covered the period in the occupation of Iraq between 2004 and 2009 and contained revelations that America failed to investigate hundreds of reports of abuse, rape, torture and murder by Iraqi police and soldiers.

The information also revealed that more than 15,000 civilians died in previously unknown incidents - U.S. and UK officials have insisted that no official record of civilian casualties exists but the logs record 66,081 non-combatant deaths out of a total of 109,000 fatalities.
In addition, the logs claim that in one incident a British rifleman shot dead an eight-year-old Iraqi girl as she played in the streets.
Before the June exposes, the whistleblowing service shocked the world with the publication of a video in April showing American soldiers laughing as a helicopter strike kills around a dozen civilians in Baghdad.
In the 17-minute black-and-white footage, pictured above, from an Apache helicopter gunsight, the crew can be heard discussing the carnage as if they were playing a video war game.
One soldier can even be heard shouting: 'Ha, ha, I hit 'em.' Another says: 'Look at those dead b******s.'
WHO IS JULIAN ASSANGE AND WHAT IS HIS WEBSITE WIKILEAKS ABOUT?
WikiLeaks was set up in 2007 by journalist and computer programmer Julian Assange.
The Australian, whose parents met at a protest against the Vietnam War, says he wanted to allow whistleblowers to publish sensitive materials without fear of being identified.
Mr Assange, pictured below at a press conference in July following his first major expose, says his website's complex set-up is designed to ensure that information sent to it becomes anonymous before it is passed on to the web servers.

Its servers are spread all over the world and do not keep logs, so governments cannot trace where the information is being sent and received from.
Even so, WikiLeaks encourages donors to post the material to them on CDs to its base in Iceland, over encrypted internet connections or from net cafes.
The service, which also runs a network of lawyers to defend its publications and sources, claims that none of its informants have been traced so far.
Adding to this intrigue, Mr Assange's legal team have recently been busy arguing over an international arrest warrant which has been issued for the WikiLeaks boss by Swedish prosecutors over allegations of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion.
The allegations, which the 39-year-old has repeatedly denied, relate to two women he met while on a visit to Sweden in August.
Mr Assange’s London lawyer Mark Stephens, has said the claims were 'false and without basis’.
The Washington Post reported that the files will contain allegations that the U.S. has supported the PKK, a Kurdish rebel organization that has been waging a separatist war against Turkey since 1984.
The U.S. says it has known for some time that WikiLeaks held the cables.
No one has been charged with passing them to the website, but suspicion focuses on Bradley Manning, an intelligence analyst arrested in Iraq in June and charged over an earlier leak.
A Downing Street spokesman today declined to discuss the nature of any confidential communications which may have been obtained by WikiLeaks.
But he said: 'Obviously, the Government has been briefed by U.S. officials, by the U.S. ambassador, as to the likely content of these leaks.
'I don't want to speculate about precisely what is going to be leaked before it is leaked.'
The U.S. embassy in Tel Aviv warned the country's foreign ministry that some of the cables could concern U.S.-Israel relations, the daily newspaper Haaretz claimed.
WikiLeaks said on its Twitter feed earlier this week that its new release would be seven times larger than the nearly 400,000 Pentagon documents related to the Iraq war which it made public in October.
The U.S. State Department confirmed it has begun notifying foreign governments and it fears serious diplomatic fallout over the expose.
'These revelations are harmful to the United States and our interests,' said a spokesman.
'They are going to create tension in relationships between our diplomats and our friends around the world.'
Senior military staff on both sides of the Atlantic are still furious over that release of 400,000 classified documents, the biggest military leak of all time.
They detailed what WikiLeaks founder Assange called 'compelling evidence of war crimes' by the U.S.-led coalition and the Iraq government and sparked calls for a full inquiry.
Should WikiLeaks go ahead with its promise, it will be the third time it has published such information in the face of opposition from military top brass around the world.
MYSTERY OF ASSANGE ‘LIFE INSURANCE’ TWEET
WikiLeaks is urging the public to download a mysterious ‘insurance’ file said to contain information to be released if Julian Assange is killed.
In a Twitter post today (pictured below) the whistleblowing service published a link to the Pirate Bay file sharing site with the comment: 'Now is a good time to download some ‘history insurance’.

The giant file, nearly 2GB in size, is said to contain thousands of secret U.S. documents aimed at embarrassing the nation’s government, and potentially causing harm to the United States’ relations with allies.
The file has been around since this summer and is heavily encrypted.
In the event of Mr Assange’s death (or some other unspecified reason), the secret key would be released — exposing the documents to all who have downloaded and obtained the key.
It is uncertain why WikiLeaks is now urging users to download the file, but it just may be that they’re planning to release the key soon.
The first batch was about the war in Afghanistan and gave a grim picture of the day-to-day struggle against the Taliban and the frustrations of trying to train the Afghan police.
The second covered the period in the occupation of Iraq between 2004 and 2009 and contained revelations that America failed to investigate hundreds of reports of abuse, rape, torture and murder by Iraqi police and soldiers.
The information also revealed that more than 15,000 civilians died in previously unknown incidents - U.S. and UK officials have insisted that no official record of civilian casualties exists but the logs record 66,081 non-combatant deaths out of a total of 109,000 fatalities.
In addition, the logs claim that in one incident a British rifleman shot dead an eight-year-old Iraqi girl as she played in the streets.
The information will almost certainly have come from the Bradley Manning, the dissident U.S. army intelligence analyst who earlier this year is alleged to have leaked the first tranche, some 90,000 logs chronicling bloody encounters and civilian killings in Afghanistan.
Adding to the controversy is the international arrest warrant which has been issued for Mr Assange by Swedish prosecutors over allegations of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion.
The allegations, which the 39-year-old Australian has repeatedly denied, relate to two women he met while on a visit to Sweden in August.
Assange’s London lawyer Mark Stephens, has said the claims were 'false and without basis’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z16VQFdUci
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:01 pm

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europ ... 64436.html

US warns allies on WikiLeaks dump

Hillary Clinton, the US secretary of state, calls foreign counterparts about expected content of leaked cables.
Last Modified: 27 Nov 2010 14:21 GMT

The whistle-blowing website run by Julian Assange, pictured, is set to make public its largest tranche of files [EPA]

US allies around the world have been briefed by American diplomats about the expected release of three million potentially embarrasing classified files by the WikiLeaks whistleblowing website.

"Across the state department, senior officials are reaching out to countries and warning them about a possible release of documents," PJ Crowley, the US state department spokesman, said.

He said that Hillary Clinton, the US secretary of state, had reached out to leaders in China, Germany, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Britain, France and Afghanistan regarding WikiLeaks.

"We are all bracing for what may be coming and condemn WikiLeaks for the release of classified material," Crowley said. "It will place lives and interests at risk. It is irresponsible."

The documents, believed to consist largely of diplomatic cables between overseas missions and the state department in Washington, were expected to be released over the weekend, although WikiLeaks has not confirmed the timing.

'Potentially embarrassing'

Steve Field, the UK prime minister's spokesman, had already confirmed that the government had been told of "the likely content of these leaks" by Louis Susman, the US ambassador to London.

Italy's foreign minister, Franco Frattini, also said that he had spoken with the US state department, which told him that there would be documents regarding Italy in the leak, "but the content can't be anticipated."Latest Updates
US Prepares for New WikiLeaks Release

petulantsage Things you should be Googling ahead of #wikileaks release: Office of Military Cooperation-Yemen. Jundallah. Balouchistan. Dagestan.
6 hours ago
10+ recent retweets