Who Parked The Moon?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Who Parked The Moon?

Postby BenDhyan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:55 pm

"this clip here does little to offset the claims of 'fabrication', given the inclusion of 'simulation' footage."

You've got to remember that once the Lunar Lander separated from the Command Module and began its descent, it would take more than two hours in which there would be no live footage until it had landed..Since the moon landing was being live broadcasted to 600 million people across the world, naturally from an entertainment aspect, the viewers would be disappointed to just start the live coverage of this historical event with a blurry slow scan static view of the Lander's landing struts at about the 20:40 mark, so it is perfectly reasonable imo for the producers to use simulations to show a descent of the Lander. Could they have indicated for the benefit of the less nerdy viewers that they were watching a simulation at this stage, sure, but that's the media.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:51 pm

Yes, I understand it was primarily used as 'filler', but that's quite an undertaking by a TV network*, 50 yrs ago, in producing the simulation, using both computer-generated and (what appear to be) scale models of the LEM and lunar terrain.

*with NASA's help, based on a link I happened across

https://catalog.mainlib.org/Mobile/Bake ... position=1
Belligerent Savant

Postby BenDhyan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:25 pm

50th Anniversary of Apollo commemoration presser. So long as you look past the boring Trump political theatrics, there is some informative background wrt present NASA plans for returning to manned space moon missions and onto Mars. There in real time we see Trump request/order the NASA head to sit down with the Mars Direct supporters (Buzz Aldrin, et al) and hears their side..

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:25 pm

Inevitable, the 2 largest purveyors of 'Fake News', together in the same sentence.

Trump. NASA. I'm surprised the Large Hadron Collider didn't explode given the close proximity of those 2 farces of nature.

;-)
Belligerent Savant

Postby BenDhyan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:44 pm

More evidence, passive laser reflectors left at Apollo 11, 14, and 15 landing sites. East to refute if they are do not exist, just point a laser to the relevant stated locations and see if there is a reflected signal received. Oh wait, France, Italy and Germany have already successfully done that.

The Apollo Experiment That Keeps on Giving

July 24, 2019

Astronaut Edwin E. Aldrin Jr. moves toward a position to deploy two components of the Early Apollo Scientific Experiments Package (EASEP) on the surface of the Moon during the Apollo 11 extravehicular activity. The Passive Seismic Experiments Package (PSEP) is in his left hand; and in his right hand is the Laser Ranging Retro-Reflector (LR3). Astronaut Neil A. Armstrong, commander, took this photograph with a 70mm lunar surface camera. Credit: NASA

Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins departed from the Moon 50 years ago, but one of the experiments they left behind continues to return fresh data to this day: arrays of prisms that reflect light back toward its source, providing plentiful insights. Along with the Apollo 11 astronauts, those of Apollo 14 and 15 left arrays behind as well: The Apollo 11 and 14 arrays have 100 quartz glass prisms (called corner cubes) each, while the array of Apollo 15 has 300.

The longevity of the experiment can be attributed at least in part to its simplicity: The arrays themselves require no power. Four telescopes at observatories in New Mexico, France, Italy and Germany fire lasers at them, measuring the time that it takes for a laser pulse to bounce off the reflectors and return to Earth. This allows the distance to be measured to within a fraction of an inch (a few millimeters), and scientists at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory analyze the results.

The orbit, rotation and orientation of the Moon are accurately determined by lunar laser ranging. The lunar orbit and the orientation of the rotating Moon are needed by spacecraft that orbit and land on the Moon. For instance, cameras on spacecraft in lunar orbit can see the reflecting arrays, relying on them as locations accurate to less than a foot (a fraction of a meter).

Laser ranging measurements have deepened our understanding of the dance between the Moon and Earth as well. The Moon orbits Earth at an average distance of 239,000 miles (385,000 kilometers), but lunar laser ranging has accurately shown that the distance between the two increases by 1.5 inches (3.8 centimeters) a year.

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?release=2019-152&rn=news.xml&rst=7463

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:31 am

Could these 'prisms' have been left behind by probes/robotic rovers?

(Semi-rhetorical)
Belligerent Savant

Postby conniption » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:44 pm

https://imgur.com/Zpk1qLh

Found this ^^^ at ClubOrlov...Highly Unlikely Conspiracies

(but I don't know how to transfer the image)
conniption

Postby identity » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:05 pm

^
Thanks for that, conniption! (Images wouldn't load on my old Mac -- will view later on PC -- but was able to read Orlov's piece + comments)

Another interesting site mentioned in the comments there:

In support of your statements, see the links copied below for detailed scientific analysis of the US Apollo Space Project:

http://www.aulis.com/moonbase2015.htm The safe reentry of astronauts into the earth's atmosphere was impossible using the published parameters of the descent of the landing capsule (did not use skip landing technique developed much later) plus US lunar lander is missing (The descent-stage top deck of the LM had a continuous, firm upper surface with no routes through which the hot gases could escape when the ascent engine was fired.)

http://www.aulis.com/apollo17_ascent.htm For the rocket with the same propulsion as Apollo, its Reactive Control System (RCS) has to be much quicker than that of Apollo, and the resulting Orbit Insertion trajectory cannot be performed with Apollo's guidance logic.

http://www.aulis.com/scientific_analysis.htm Very detailed analysis of hundreds of photos of astronauts on moon showing all types of alterations were made to them.

http://www.aulis.com/illusion.htm Detailed summary of discrepancies by Soviet/Russian scientist who graduated from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology majoring in Aerodynamics

http://www.aulis.com/photostudy.htm Detailed photostudy of an Apollo 15 image shows a host of fabrications
identity

Postby 82_28 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:11 pm

I guess I have to clarify lo these nine years (!!! WTF -- where does time go?) when I posted it, it had nothing to do with the Apollo project. It was just the interesting ancient aspects of the Moon's formation and being tidally locked and also being the exact proportional size of the Sun -- hence total eclipses. Not being able to see the "dark side" is weird. Even though it is not dark. It just never shows itself. Like a year ago I basically listened to most of this. I think it's the site because it seems like it has changed given this anniversary.

https://apolloinrealtime.org/11/
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby BenDhyan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:31 pm

Wow 82_28, I have never seen this, terrific. Good to see you post again too.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby 82_28 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:34 am

Also, of course the footage is "slowed down". The gravity is 1/6th that of Earth. Imagine dropping a pool ball on a source of gravity with one sixth what we have here. It would fall more slowly from what we are used to terrestrially. Once you get there you would weigh 1/6th of what you weigh right now on Earth. I would weigh approximately 31 pounds on the Moon. 185 here. And thanks, Ben.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby conniption » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:56 am

82_28 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:11 pm wrote:I guess I have to clarify lo these nine years (!!! WTF -- where does time go?) when I posted it, it had nothing to do with the Apollo project....

Sorry about that, Boss. I'll remove my post if you wish, or you can. Good to see you again.
conniption

Postby 82_28 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:56 am

I ain't anybody's boss, so don't worry about that! All things moon related were in the news this week and last week so I don't give a shit that anyone posts anything that happened to come up. I was only clarifying the original intent since I did start this thing. Thread's gonna go where threads gonna thread. :sun:
82_28

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:57 am

Don't be silly, conniption - that's a great link you posted!

Besides, the blame lies squarely on me, as I diverted this thread with a focus on the fake moon landings starting on page 16 [my post on April 30]. Direct any flogging my direction.

I suggest we move all content from ~Page 16 - onward to an existting [or perhaps new] 'moon hoax' thread.

Defer to the current mods to proceed however they deem fit.
Belligerent Savant

Postby RocketMan » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:34 am

Hey good to see you 82_28!
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion