Actor Randy Quaid and his wife seeking refuge in Canada

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Actor Randy Quaid and his wife seeking refuge in Canada

Postby barracuda » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:40 pm

Demerol + Ritalin. Now we're talkin'. That'll give ya the ol' kickin' twitches. Especially if you're getting the good stuff from Michael Jackson's doctor.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby The Consul » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:12 pm

all the money went up their noses...he burned his last babylonian bridge with the post broke back suit. She may be crazy, and the end for them seems very bleak indeed. The pathology of why we give a shit is as important as anything that happens to them.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby Wilbur Whatley » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 am

The Consult portentously states: "The pathology of why we give a shit is as important as anything that happens to them."

That's just nuts.
Wilbur Whatley

Postby hava1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:03 am

\i dont know this actor at all, or whether he is good or not, but the legal stuff is unusual, in the sense that might raise suspicion that they are up against someone strong. the recent case, according to wiki implies that they were arrested although they paid, a sort of mistkae in the judicial process, which can indicate someone is giving them a scare. In addition, the arrest in canada is even more questionable, rarely do people get picked up like that for immigration violations of that sort, americans are all over BC overstaying their visas. Maybe they stepped on a wrong foot somewhere along the financial troubles time, and they cant handle the heat. People who are not celebs face these problems, when they have legal dealings against much stronger parties (banks etc.) when the lawyers run them over this way, by pulling strings and bending the systme in their favor.

I think the Vietnam era left the wrong impression about canada as refuge from the USA, because since Harper/Bush, but also before that (after 9-11 probably), canada is worse than the USA, and probably more canadians will seek refuge in the USA than the other way around. But these couple seem old enough to hold the "image", of all times, and so it makes sense that if they went into hot waters, seeing themselves as children who cant manage the adult world and corruption and what not, and being a bit hippie or drugged, they would "elope" to canada. Might bhe totally off, but this was an impression from the combined comments.
hava1

Postby 82_28 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:39 am

Yeah, hava. Quaid is a big name, both cult and mainstream. Personally, I just think he lost it and was for some time losing it. He's a genius comedic and otherwise actor. However, I do not withhold the capability of "the PTB" from making him some kind of weirdo to pin some larger purpose upon -- which would make for a good PKD plot.

I've always puzzled over the figure of Chevy Chase. A genius too, in his day admittedly, having two names which were both names of corporations, the name of a town in Maryland and the dude was the original drummer for Steely Dan. Hands down, Chase is my most favoriteist comedic actor. Just looking at the guy (way back when) makes me laugh. Now he's just a shell of what he once was. I think this was due to cocaine use. In fact, when he was "roasted" in some weird thing that supposedly has been going on for a long while, one of his co-stars roasted him by saying he hasn't done a funny thing since he quit doing coke. Which is true! But, much weirdness surrounds these figures and as we can see, always will.

Watch National Lampoon's Vacation for a taste of both Quaid and Chase in their heydays, Hava. You'll also be watching the funniest movie I think, ever made.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Stephen Morgan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:04 am

justdrew wrote:hey, found your blog

Which one? I always had most of my stuff on geocities.

based on searching for "Kemal Christian Kemal" a search string that currently turns up no other hits. Where do you source that story from?

It was in one of the books from Disinfo.com, can't remember which. Took notes on it, but haven't got the book anymore. There used to be other pages about it on the web, when I wrote that anyway, but only a couple of mentions and a link to an even then defunct website called savelaurianne.com, which I believe was her name.

Was a very good book. Also had information about a serial-killer/satanic cult link in Italy, Turin I think.

Everything you know is wrong, it was called. I just looked up the contents on Google Books. Article by James Ridgeway and Sandra Bisin. His name was actually Karim Christian Kemal, but I did read about this several years ago and even my memory isn't faultless.

Page 87 on Google Books, if you want to read about it. Just one page.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Randy Rules!

Postby IanEye » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:31 am

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby The Consul » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:38 pm

Wilbur Whatley wrote:The Consult portentously states: "The pathology of why we give a shit is as important as anything that happens to them."

That's just nuts.

Precisely my point. Tabloid drek has suffused our consciousness. Will he end up in a padded cell with Mel Gibson? Will Lindsay Lohan have his love child? Will he make an album with Elton John? Or will he be found dead in a closet with baby mice stuffed up his nose?

Thought he was good in "Curse of the Starving Class"

Sam Shepard references what I am getting at. The image dispensing with the person, happening on mass scale if not with the individual then the mass consciousness.

" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby elfismiles » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:50 pm

This article gets at what I was feeling might be going on... its like the "white-trash" (B-List) version of Duncan & Blake - at least as far as the VANITY FAIR version of events.

From what little coverage I've seen it all seems to hinge on Evi (now there's a creepily similar name to a certain past trouble maker around here). :grumpy

I truly hope they can get professional help. And hopefully there is no truth to this MAX HEADROOM-esque conspiracy-theory, aka "STAR WHACKERS" reality tv-show.

Jeff wrote:
Ex-P.I. warns of Quaid’s wife

By BOB MACKIN
Last Updated: October 24, 2010 7:43pm

VANCOUVER -- A private investigator said the conspiracy theory Evi Quaid hopes will allow her and actor husband Randy to claim refugee status in Canada is fictitious.

“Evi believes the ‘union mob’ is out to destroy them, and that they're going to kill Randy and herself and make it look like a murder-suicide,” said Becky Altringer by phone from La Verne, Calif.

“There is nobody out to kill Randy or Evi. The only one trying to hurt Randy and Evi is Evi, she is really mentally ill.”

Altringer was hired by the Quaids last year to investigate the alleged conspiracy, but ended up quitting and filing a restraining order against the couple, who ran up a $19,000 bill. She said she gave them a place to stay but eventually evicted them over Evi’s behaviour.

“Randy packed up his briefcase and said, ‘I've had enough Evi, I'm leaving, I can't do this anymore’ and started walking away,” Altringer said. “She started screaming at him ‘get back here right now!’ He came back.”

Altringer said the Quaids are estranged from their families because they’re “terrified of Evi,” who she witnessed using the prescription painkiller Demerol and hyperactivity drug Ritalin. She ultimately fears Evi will kill Randy and then commit suicide.

“Randy, he's going along with all this I think out of fear, he doesn't know what to do,” Altringer said. “I would say that Randy Quaid is being abused by her.”

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment ... 13391.html
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby norton ash » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:17 pm

Prisoner swap. The USA can have the Quaids, and we'll take back Marc Emery and Omar Khadr.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby psynapz » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:30 pm

No, Delmart Vreeland.
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby norton ash » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:45 pm

But, but... Delmart's an American and in jail in the states.

Or he's a Neptunian or a Reptilian, and we know he's a spook. So quite naturally, he was sentenced to 336 years by a Colorado court, where they understand such things.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby brekin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:15 pm

Does anyone have any idea who the rest of the eight are? Carradine and Ledger are two, who are the other six actor friends who have died strange deaths?

Randy Quaid Seeks Asylum in Canada; Wife Claims He’s on Hit List

http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/articl ... ekly_email

Updated: Randy Quaid and his wife claim they are in danger and are seeking asylum in Canada after skipping a U.S. court hearing for allegedly squatting in their former California home.

The Quaids claim the actor’s life is in danger because of “Hollywood Star whackers” who are secretly responsible for the deaths of eight close friends, including Heath Ledger and David Carradine, according to the Telegraph.co.UK.

“Randy has known eight close friends murdered in odd, strange manners,” Randy Quaid’s wife, Evi, testified in an Immigration and Refugee Board hearing. “We feel that we're next."

The Washington Post has a photo of their statement, scrawled on notebook paper. "We are requesting asylum from Hollywood star whackers," they said.

Randy Quaid appeared in Brokeback Mountain with Ledger, who died of a drug overdose, and also starred in National Lampoon’s Vacation. Carradine hanged himself in a Bangkok hotel room.

Randy Quaid elaborated—and blamed lawyers for his troubles—in a statement he read to reporters on Thursday outside a Vancouver immigration office. "I'm being embezzled by this monstrous ring of accountants, estate planners and lawyers who are mercilessly slandering me and trying to kill my career and, I believe, murder me in order to gain control of my royalties," he said. Reuters, the Canadian Press and Post Media News have the story.

"Up until a year ago, Evi and I had never had any run-in with the law whatsoever. We are not criminals, nor are we fugitives from justice, nor are we crazy,” Quaid said. "We are simply artists and film makers being racketeered on," he said, adding that he has lost at least $40 million.

Updated on Oct. 29 to include Quaid's statement made on Thursday.
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby sunny » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Brittany Murphy, Anna Nicole Smith, Michael Jackson, Brad Renfro, Gloria Stuart, and Paul the Octupus?
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby justdrew » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:39 pm

well, looking through 09-10 celeb deaths is a pain in the ass. here's best I can come up with, and I'm sure probably none of these were "murdered" but each are slight possibilities.

Corey Haim
Gary Coleman
Greg Giraldo
Roy Disney
Patrick McGoohan
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion