Actor Randy Quaid and his wife seeking refuge in Canada

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Actor Randy Quaid and his wife seeking refuge in Canada

Postby norton ash » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:39 pm

The Golden Suicides by Nancy Jo Sales January 2008

When Theresa Duncan, 40, took her own life on July 10, followed a week later by her boyfriend, Jeremy Blake, 35, their friends were stunned and the press was fascinated: what had destroyed this glamorous couple, stars of New York’s multi-media art world, still madly in love after 12 years?

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/featu ... ides200801

In their final days in New York, Blake and Duncan would seek refuge from the demons they believed were chasing them in the company of a radical Episcopalian priest, Frank Morales. Morales became one of their closest friends and confidants. He is also my ex-husband. We were married in 2004 and separated in 2006, a few months before he met the couple. The day after Jeremy Blake disappeared, Frank showed up at my door. He was visibly upset and said he wanted to talk. “What about?,” I asked. I hadn’t seen him in months. He started to tell me the story. “He slipped through our fingers,” Frank said of Blake.

Nancy Jo's apparently quite the insider.
Zen horse
norton ash

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Luther Blissett » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:43 pm

1. Bravo on that essay a couple pages back, Mack White.
2. I still believe it's worth something to look into Lohan as an RI subject. Back when she was clearly getting a huge push as transition from child to teen star, my girlfriend at the time (who shared a somewhat parallel trajectory with the actress) predicted exactly what would become of her, very accurately.
3. Here's a pretty terrible piece from this week's Philadelphia Weekly on Jay Z and the Illuminati. And I know the writer. It's still bad.
http://m.phillyweekly.com/35123/show/4c ... 8c4f3f7921
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Simulist » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:58 pm

mackwhite wrote:Almost none of the news stories dealing with the Quaids have dealt seriously with the allegations of financial wrongdoing. Instead, the media's focus has remained on the more sensational (and less provable) allegations of "star-whacking." This is a curious omission, as the financial wrongdoing is the crux of the Quaid matter.

Since last August, a fairly detailed article describing the basis of Quaid's lawsuit has sat on the Courthouse News website, yet not one news story has referenced the article--until now.

[...]

Thanks for the article that followed your post, Mack. What that article describes may actually be the essence of what's really going on with Randy Quaid and his wife, and is being lost in the flurry of intrigue currently surrounding the couple in other media reports.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby mackwhite » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:52 am

Simulist wrote:
mackwhite wrote:Almost none of the news stories dealing with the Quaids have dealt seriously with the allegations of financial wrongdoing. Instead, the media's focus has remained on the more sensational (and less provable) allegations of "star-whacking." This is a curious omission, as the financial wrongdoing is the crux of the Quaid matter.

Since last August, a fairly detailed article describing the basis of Quaid's lawsuit has sat on the Courthouse News website, yet not one news story has referenced the article--until now.

[...]

Thanks for the article that followed your post, Mack. What that article describes may actually be the essence of what's really going on with Randy Quaid and his wife, and is being lost in the flurry of intrigue currently surrounding the couple in other media reports.

Yes, the news media’s focus on the star-whacking angle is to some degree a misdirection; if the media were serious about reporting this story, they would be interviewing legal experts on estate/probate abuse. Instead, they’re interviewing psychologists. What we have, then, is one-note coverage of this news story: "Randy Quaid is crazy! Randy Quaid is crazy! Look over there! Don't look over here!" This speaks volumes ...

In a previous post a few weeks ago, I referred to the possibility that Ronni Chasen’s murder might relate to recent irregularities in the high-dollar art market, as well as gang-stalking by a syndicate of “ex-cops” (as described by Charlie Sheen’s ex-wife). In the CBS interview linked below, a private investigator discusses art crime and money laundering as it may relate to Chasen’s death:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/12/ ... 7331.shtml

One cannot escape the feeling that Chasen’s death relates in some way to the Quaids’ allegations, although we cannot know exactly how. But if you put the Chasen and Quaid stories on a timeline, you find interesting correspondences: Chasen told friends she was being followed; the Quaids say they were being followed in the same general time period. Twenty-four hours after Chasen was murdered, the Quaids’ Santa Barbara attorney (who had promised to introduce evidence of forgery in their house sale) suddenly quit. Do these correspondences mean anything? Maybe not, but these are the kinds of things you watch for…

Insurance fraud and money laundering go hand in hand. Randy Quaid believes David Carradine was murdered so film investors could cash in on the insurance. This may seem fantastic to those new to the concept, but in fact this type of insurance fraud is quite common. I’m not an expert on the subject, but I did write an article several years ago that might serve as a crash course on the general subject:

http://www.mackwhite.com/Yogurt1.html

Freeport McMoran allegedly made huge amounts of money arranging the work-related deaths of 26 of its Indonesian workers. It is believed, too, that here in the US convenience store clerks and construction workers have been set up for death by their employers as well--all to cash in on the insurance and launder it with drug money to produce even more immense profits. Isn't it possible that the same motive might underlie film-set accidents or the sudden deaths of heavily-insured actors?

Speculation, of course. The Quaid story, now linked to the Chasen story (accurately or not), continues to be one to watch. A foul wind is stirring the palms, something is not right in the Dream Factory …

(I should note that above-linked article needs updating. Since I wrote it, the men who were falsely convicted for the Yogurt Shop Murders have been released from prison. The crime remains "unsolved.")
"Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer ..."
--Mark Twain
mackwhite

Postby sunny » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:57 pm

I thought it odd from the beginning that the obvious hit on Ronnie Chasen came right in the midst of the 'Star Whacker' media brouhaha. Was someone sending a message? If so, it was a very bold one. Even if it had nothing to do with the Quaid's allegations Hollywood denizens still got the message of 'be afraid, be very afraid'. Who benefits from such a message being in the air, so to speak?

I've no doubt about the probate abuse. I've seen it firsthand.

I've often wondered how many heavily insured employees Wal-Mart has knocked off.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby barracuda » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:00 pm

mackwhite wrote:In a previous post a few weeks ago, I referred to the possibility that Ronni Chasen’s murder might relate to recent irregularities in the high-dollar art market, as well as gang-stalking by a syndicate of “ex-cops” (as described by Charlie Sheen’s ex-wife).

Can we examine this notion for a moment? I don't think it's circumspect to build your edifice upon such a crumbly brick as this one, and it seems as if you have now taken it as a virtual fact.

The allegation regarding a "syndicate of ex-cops” is an extrapolation to extremes drawn from the police interview of Brooke Mueller following a domestic disturbance call at their home. This is the police report of the statement in question:

d. Mueller added that Estevez then pulled out a knife, holding it to her throat, saying,"You better be in fear. If you tell anybody, I'll kill you. You mothers money means nothing. I have ex-police I can hire who know how to get the job done and they won't leave any trace."

This statement - and this alone - was somehow transformed by Max Emanuel Donner, the author of the Examiner piece, into a "gang-stalking national criminal syndicate of ex-cops".

What was the incident which led to the article's title, "Verizon security surfaces important clue in Ronnie Chasen shooting"? Donner's virus software alerted him that perezhilton.com was an unsafe site during the course of a google search he performed for the terms "Ronni Chasen" and "Steven Schartzman", and this alert became the basis for surfacing the "clues" identified in the article. I have to say, I'd be disappointed if my virus software didn't do the same thing any time it happened to encounter Mr. Hilton's website.

Donner wrote:The most important information has gotten almost no press coverage in the United States. That is that the Pitkin County Colorado District Attorney’s office has confirmed Brooke Mueller’s serious disclosure that she had been threatened with violence at the hands of a criminal syndicate of former police officers.

In other words, they included her statement of Charlie's statement to her in the police report of the domestic dispute.

Donner wrote:Did Ronnie Chasen represent clients who have made payments to the criminal syndicate of former police officers?

We have exactly no evidence that such a syndicate exists, let alone whether payments to the "syndicate" were made. By the way - at what point did the idea of "payments" enter into this? Where did that come from? Donner invented it.

Donner wrote:Only the Pitkin County DA’s office can say for sure, but details in Brooke Mueller’s testimony seem to point in that direction.

Is there any sign that the Pitkin County DA has opened an investigation on the "syndicate" based on Mueller's statement? No.

Please remember exactly who Charlie Sheen is, and in what context this statement might be seen, that of a drunken domestic dispute. Please remember also, that roughly speaking, the Examiner is about the worst source for news on the internet, in that anyone can write for them, and write anything they want to. I personally don't trust them even as a source on Bigfoot. And with this particular article, Mr. Donner has come somewhat unglued.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby mackwhite » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:19 pm

barracuda wrote:Please remember exactly who Charlie Sheen is, and in what context this statement might be seen, that of a drunken domestic dispute. Please remember also, that roughly speaking, the Examiner is about the worst source for news on the internet, in that anyone can write for them, and write anything they want to. I personally don't trust them even as a source on Bigfoot. And with this particular article, Mr. Donner has come somewhat unglued.

Yeah, imagine that—a website where anyone can write anything they want to. What is the world coming to?

Whatever may be said about the author’s qualifications, research skills, sanity, and so forth, his article was the first to raise the possibility of art crime in relation to Ronni Chasen’s death, and now that same possibility is being raised in a CBS news story. One may choose to find this interesting, or not.

As for whether or not “a criminal syndicate of former police officers” is doing all this mischief, perhaps not. Perhaps it was all a drunken lie, or … perhaps it was one of those moments when drink lubricates the passage of truth to tongue. Only Charlie knows for sure. And the Shadow ...

The man who shot himself may not have been involved in Chasen’s murder after all. Turns out it was a tip received via the tv show “America’s Most Wanted.” Death by television? Link below…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... urder.html
"Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer ..."
--Mark Twain
mackwhite

Postby barracuda » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:51 pm

Let's just not confuse what Donner has said with research or reporting.

For example, what is the source of his idea that art world money comes into play here?

For that matter, what is your source that Sheen was drunk at the time of the police report? Me?
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby justdrew » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:49 pm

“a criminal syndicate of former police officers”

The same milieu Mark Fuhrman was in with?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby mackwhite » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:57 pm

justdrew wrote:
“a criminal syndicate of former police officers”

The same milieu Mark Fuhrman was in with?

Fuhrman's name turns up in this story about Ronni Chasen:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/e ... able-49086
--Mark Twain
mackwhite

Postby mackwhite » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:08 pm

barracuda wrote:Let's just not confuse what Donner has said with research or reporting.

For example, what is the source of his idea that art world money comes into play here?

For that matter, what is your source that Sheen was drunk at the time of the police report? Me?

Substitute “angry” for “drunk” if you prefer. I’m sure Mr. Sheen was the very model of sobriety on the night in question.

Forget Donner—the one I’d really like to ask about the art crime angle would be the PI interviewed on CBS.

But then, if he told me he’d probably have to kill me. I'm not that curious ...
--Mark Twain
mackwhite

Postby mackwhite » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:58 pm

Family heirlooms stolen from Ronni Chasen’s home. A niece frozen out of the six-million dollar will. A convicted burglar kills himself in front of police. The family anxious to pin Ronni's murder on road rage. You get the picture …

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?secti ... id=7823002
--Mark Twain
mackwhite

Postby crikkett » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:08 am

82_28 wrote: Somebody, something is able to switch these people into different gears somehow.

Not to be glib, but your description of Jay-Z's two appearances sounds like a description of me, pre- and post-coffee.
crikkett

Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby mackwhite » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:11 am

Her brother, screenwriter Larry Cohen, was left out of the will too. A former prosecutor thinks he’s a potential suspect …

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/hun ... d=12321165

I’m guessing that talk about art crime and money laundering stems from Ronni Chasen accumulating her wealth despite a surprisingly modest business income. Also, she was an art collector:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/05/us/05 ... ss&emc=rss
--Mark Twain
mackwhite

Postby sunny » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:31 pm

mackwhite wrote:Her brother, screenwriter Larry Cohen, was left out of the will too. A former prosecutor thinks he’s a potential suspect …

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/hun ... d=12321165

I’m guessing that talk about art crime and money laundering stems from Ronni Chasen accumulating her wealth despite a surprisingly modest business income. Also, she was an art collector:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/05/us/05 ... ss&emc=rss

Then it is definitely worth a look into Chasen's background and finances. Where was she getting her money? Did she perhaps have a hand in any of this probate abuse?
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion