Actor Randy Quaid and his wife seeking refuge in Canada

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Actor Randy Quaid and his wife seeking refuge in Canada

Postby 82_28 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:41 pm

You got me there, Bruce. Yeah I don't quite see the difference between the two appearances as I remembered them. He did give his "triangle gesture" on the summer appearance though and he also gave a triangle gesture within the interview on the later one. His new book is also named "Decoded".

That's the best I got now. But, I distinctly remember him coming off as much more annoyed in the summer appearance, which upon viewing again I no longer see. Perhaps it was eminem's presence? Dunno. But thanks for digging those up, Bruce.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Here's what we were speculating on at the time over at Tim Boucher's site:

http://www.timboucher.com/journal/2005/ ... freemason/

JK is me in the comments.

#

Interesting. These here lyrics always stood out to me in the song Tear Shit Up by the incredibly aggressive and always revolutionary hip hop artist Paris or P-dog (who’s site guerrillafunk.com is down for “for a major overhaul”). If you haven’t heard the album, Sonic Jihad, then you don’t know about what an amazing work of super-illuminati conspiracy mongering it is. But in a good way. There used to be public files laying around the ‘net of another unbelievably revolutionary song (especially for the time – 2003), on the disc called What would you do?. But unfortunately all I can scare up is this iffy page with a realmedia link.

But as I was saying, in that song Tear Shit Up (full lyrics to be found here), there is included this bit by another rapper (whose name I can’t recall):

I wanna slap Bush and his mammy
For how he did the Haitians in Miami that’s my fam
Coupe tet Boule kay, so please die cracka die
That’s for 22 generations of genocide
You see that’s why we get high, just to get by
See we sit and wait until it’s dark outside and then we ride
On our enemies, you can depend on me
If you a pig then you can’t be no friend of me
See it’s been 33 years since Fred been gone
He was murdered on the same day Jay-Z was born, for real
12-4-69, same year, when they take one from us
Then another appears
We gon’ take this time to commemmorate
NRD – National Revolutionary Day, say it -

I’d never heard of Jay-Z before when I first heard the disc. I definitely don’t know no Fred. Which by the way, who is this “Fred”, who apparently died, and from the feel of these lyrics one can infer, passed on to inhabit(?) Jay-Z on that day, which apparently is now known as “NRD – National Revolutionary Day”?

I’d never thought much of it. But now that you bring the name Jay-Z up. . .
#
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Goddamn. I guess I've been doing this shit longer than I thought. I wasn't even remotely at the "level" of the weird shit that I am now 5-6 years ago. Reading back over that comment that is. . . :eeyaa
82_28

Postby mackwhite » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Verizon security surfaces important clue in Ronnie Chasen shooting
(from the San Diego Examiner, allegations of art crime, extortion, and high-tech gang-stalking by a national syndicate of ex-cops. Gang-stalking has been alleged by Randy Quaid) …

Excerpt:

The most important information has gotten almost no press coverage in the United States. That is that the Pitkin County Colorado District Attorney’s office has confirmed Brooke Mueller’s serious disclosure that she had been threatened with violence at the hands of a criminal syndicate of former police officers. Did Ronnie Chasen represent clients who have made payments to the criminal syndicate of former police officers? Only the Pitkin County DA’s office can say for sure, but details in Brooke Mueller’s testimony seem to point in that direction. Hint: Do an advanced search for “Clare Danes + art shows” and look for photos with men 6’3” to 6’8” who have no interest in art in the background. Ironically, the Kamala Harris campaign has now filed protests about similar “big guy” abuse as the tight race for California State Attorney General continues.

Link to complete article:

Verizon security surfaces important clue in Ronnie Chasen shooting
http://www.examiner.com/fine-arts-in-sa ... n-shooting

Direct links to articles cited in the above article:

AG candidate Steve Cooley discusses GPS spying on LACMA donors during radio talk show
http://www.examiner.com/county-museum-o ... -talk-show

Art of Wiretapping paints scene for 2010 Election
http://www.examiner.com/county-museum-o ... 0-election

Aspen Police Dept. Report re Charlie Sheen-Brooke Mueller:
http://www.radaronline.com/sites/defaul ... csTats.pdf
"Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer ..."
--Mark Twain
mackwhite

Postby justdrew » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:56 pm

FYI 82_28....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Hampton

not to be confused with Fat Freddy, the character in Superfly that Freddie's Dead is supposedly about, but I actually think Mayfield was referring to Hampton for inspiration.

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby elfismiles » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Ronni Chasen publicist execution story gets weirder:

Video and Audio...

Man Possibly Linked To Publicist’s Murder Commits Suicide
December 2, 2010 10:35 AM
From debbie_meron

HOLLYWOOD (AP) — The brutal slaying of a Hollywood publicist took another bizarre twist Wednesday evening when a man police went to question in the case shot and killed himself in the lobby of a Los Angeles residential hotel.

Nikki Finke, Editor-In-Chief Of Deadline Hollywood, Talks To KNX 1070

Beverly Hills detectives were serving a search warrant at the building about 6 p.m. when they found the man and tried to speak with him about the death of 64-year-old Ronni Chasen, who was shot and killed last month as she drove home from a party.

But the man police were trying to question pulled a handgun and shot himself, leaving blood splattered on the lobby floor and leaving authorities’ questions unanswered about the slaying that had stunned Hollywood. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.

Beverly Hills police Chief David Snowden told The Associated Press in an e-mail that the man “was a person of interest only” in Chasen’s death in Beverly Hills. Police spokesman Tony Lee emphasized at a news conference that the murder investigation was not over.

Someone shot Chasen, 64, multiple times as she drove her Mercedes Benz home from a party after attending the premiere of the movie “Burlesque,” whose soundtrack she was promoting for an Oscar nomination.

The attack shocked Hollywood, where Chasen was a revered figure after promoting the Oscar-winning film “Driving Miss Daisy” and other major movies and stars since the 1970s. It came in the midst of award season, her busiest time of year, when she helped studios mount expensive promotion campaigns for films.

Police haven’t released a possible motive in her slaying, and they remained tightlipped about progress in the investigation. The suicide Wednesday was first reported by the Los Angeles Times.

Terri Gilpin, a building resident, said she was taking a nap when she heard a single shot fired.

“I thought it was backfire, but I was kind of half-asleep, in a drowsy state of mind,” she said. “It was kind of like a pop.”

Gilpin said she saw blood splattered on the lobby floor of the Harvey Apartments.

The building has about 170 units with rents starting at about $625 a month, 25-year-old resident Terry Pendergrass said.

Two blocks of Santa Monica Boulevard were shut down and dozens of officers and squad cars were gathered outside the four-story hotel, which was cordoned off with yellow police tape.

Earlier Wednesday, a retired investigator who saw a preliminary coroner’s report on Chasen’s shooting said the killer was an expert shot who was able to squeeze off multiple rounds in a tight and deadly formation.

Gil Carrillo, who recently retired as a lieutenant after 38 years with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, said he reviewed the document after it was obtained by KTTV Fox 11 News.

“The thing that stands out is the shots — where they were and the lack of hits anywhere else,” Carrillo told The Associated Press. “It’s a good shot group.”

The close grouping suggests the shooting was carried out by a hit man and was not the result of a gang attack or road rage, Carrillo told the AP.

KTTV said it appeared Chasen was shot three times in the right chest area and twice in the right shoulder.

“Whoever was shooting was aiming for center mass, and they got center mass,” Carrillo said.

Coroner’s spokesman Ed Winter would not confirm the authenticity of the document cited by Carrillo, which apparently was written by an investigator before Chasen’s autopsy. But Carrillo said he was certain it was genuine.

The document says a hollow-point, 9-mm bullet was recovered from Chasen’s body, though Carrillo cautioned that ballistics tests could reveal the slug was a different caliber.

Investigators believe Chasen was shot as she waited to turn left from Sunset Boulevard to Whittier Drive, a road she could have taken to get back to her home in West Los Angeles. After she was shot, she drove about a quarter mile down Whittier before crashing into a light pole.

Chasen was later pronounced dead at a hospital.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2010/12/ ... s-suicide/

elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Jeff » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:01 pm

The Quaid Conspiracy

They’re spending nights in their car, on the run from the same shadowy cabal—“the Hollywood Star Whackers”—who may have killed Heath Ledger, possibly sabotaged Jeremy Piven, and could now be targeting Lindsay Lohan. No, this is not the plot of Oscar nominee and Golden Globe winner Randy Quaid’s latest movie. It is what he and his wife, Evi, swear is really happening to them. With the Quaids in Canada, the author probes their nightmare reality, which has alienated friends and family, and turned the couple into outlaws.

By Nancy Jo Sales•

January 2011

Evi Quaid called from a pay phone in Vancouver to say that she and her husband, Randy, the actor, had tried to drive to Siberia, but they “couldn’t figure out how to get there.” She said, “We’re running for our lives.” She wanted me to meet them the next day in Vancouver’s Chinatown—which couldn’t be arranged any other way, as the Quaids don’t use cell phones anymore, because, Evi said, “they’re tracking us.”

“They” were “the Hollywood Star Whackers” the couple had been talking about in television interviews ever since they arrived in Canada in October, seeking asylum. The “Whackers,” they said, were the same people who may have “killed” David Carradine and Heath Ledger, possibly set up Robert Blake, and could now be targeting Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan. “Are either of you mentally unstable, schizophrenic, or on drugs?,” Andrea Canning asked on Good Morning America. “Do you think we are?” demanded Evi. “No!” said Randy.

I found the Quaids sitting in their car outside a Chinese tearoom on a block glowing with red and yellow neon lights. Nobody was around. It was night. Their car, a black Prius, was crammed with stuff—clothes, coats, shoes, papers, a pillow, blankets, and an excitable Australian cattle dog named Doji, who was hoarse from barking while he was in the pound when his owners were being detained by Canadian immigration.

The car smelled of fast food and dog pee and Randy’s cigars. I asked the Quaids if they were living in their car. “Only on nights when we’re too terrified to leave our stuff or don’t feel secure,” Evi said. “We used to have a Mercedes. This whole ordeal has forced us to become incredibly green.”

“Priuses are deceptively roomy,” drawled Randy, who’s originally from Houston. “We’re tall people, and the legroom is important.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/fea ... rentPage=1
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby elfismiles » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Jeff wrote:By Nancy Jo Sales

Seriously?!? :ohno:

Well, thanks for the headsup.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby 8bitagent » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:33 pm

I had heard about the Chasen killing not long after hearing about Randy Quaid's psychotic ramblings. A coincidence Im sure, but this latest chapter about the hotel suicide is very odd. Like life is unfolding a real life David Lynch film. Holyweird has always cast a distorted shadow, from Black Dahlia to Manson to Mulholland/Laurel Canyon/and beyond.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby sunny » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:11 pm

FWIW:

Man linked to assassination of Hollywood publicist commits suicide in hotel lobby as police draw in

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 3:04 PM on 2nd December 2010

~snip~

Footage of her driving a car that was not hers 19 days before she was gunned down has only added to the intrigue as conspiracy theories abound about her death.
The film, snapped by a private investigator who was asked to record all the comings and going of the building where Miss Chasen was living, for an unrelated purpose, shows her driving an unidentified vehicle.
While police found Miss Chasen's black E350 Mercedes Benz crashed into a lamp post at the scene of her death, the car she is seen driving just weeks before the killing was not hers.

Mail Online
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby mackwhite » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:19 am

From Esquire Magazine:

Their most likely end, the Quaids believe, will involve knives. Randy will be drugged in his sleep — "They know he has sleep apnea," she says — and Evi will be stabbed to death. Then they will put the knife in his hand. He will wake up and be locked away forever. Or he will kill himself in his terror and grief. The Star Whackers have stolen some of his songs — he writes sad, introspective songs on more crumpled sheets of paper — and the killers will lay one out on the nightstand or the kitchen counter. "Randy's songs read like suicide notes," Evi says. "That's how the cops will read them."

Or they will be hanged together, Randy and Evi, strung up from the rafters in a garage. Another song will surface. It will be ruled a double suicide.

Or they will be found in their car, parked overlooking the steel-gray sea, and they will be found sitting, frozen, hand-in-hand, their insides brimming with a lethal dose of Demerol, administered through Evi's stolen migraine medication. "A pharmacist told me they could put one hundred times the lethal dose in a single pill," she says.

The Star Whackers could, at least. They are good at what they do. Heath Ledger. Chris Penn. David Carradine. Ronni Chasen gunned down only last week, five bullets in her chest.

Full article at:
http://www.esquire.com/the-side/feature ... z16sY9tv84
"Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer ..."
--Mark Twain
mackwhite

Postby mackwhite » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:55 am

Almost none of the news stories dealing with the Quaids have dealt seriously with the allegations of financial wrongdoing. Instead, the media's focus has remained on the more sensational (and less provable) allegations of "star-whacking." This is a curious omission, as the financial wrongdoing is the crux of the Quaid matter.

Since last August, a fairly detailed article describing the basis of Quaid's lawsuit has sat on the Courthouse News website, yet not one news story has referenced the article--until now. The following article by an author writes on estate/probate abuse appeared this past week on Examiner.Com:

Randy Quaid 'crazy' estate theft claims parallel legal abuse, probate corruption seen nationwide

November 29th, 2010 1:07 pm CT.As Texas native and actor Randy Quaid along wife Evi face legal issues both in a Santa Barbara Superior Court and a Canadian immigration court, the couple's "Hollywood star-whackers" claims continue to fuel questions of the couple being crazy, paranoid or on drugs. Answers remain unclear, but one thing is certain: the "crazy and outrageous" claims made by the Quaids about their own estate theft and networks of organized professionals seeking to loot estate assets parallel probate corruption cases that quietly happen every day.

It's easy for the general public and legal industry insiders to summarily dismiss these claims as "they're nuts," "that can't happen" or "they must have asked for it." The reality, however, is that contrived scenarios enabling Involuntary Redistribution of Assets (IRA) actions - illicit confiscations/diversions of property via trusts, wills, guardianships/conservatorships or powers of attorney - are becoming more common and impacting a wide range of Americans.

An August 2010 Courthouse News article describes a lawsuit filed by Randy and Evi Quaid:

Actor Randy Quaid and his wife, Evi, claim their former lawyer and estate planner created a fake living trust in their name, stole their money and disqualified future lawyers from acting on their behalf.

The article further discusses a series of events alleging fraudulent access and use of escrow accounts, falsified probate files and fake trusts.

Despite the Quaids' seemingly erratic behavior, it is important to point out that unscrupulous individuals absolutely operate using today's legal and financial systems to loot assets exactly as described by the couple.

Creative people not surprisingly might add a dramatic spin to their presentation (or view) of facts. But theatrics aside, the story - even the targeting of folks in the entertainment industry - is not that crazy. Tim Lahraman, an experienced probate abuse observer, commented on this issue in a recent interview.

The legal industry comprises lawyers, judges and other court-associated personnel. Lucrative revenue streams are created when they work in concert with networks of financial professionals and social services workers to hijack the personal freedom and property of unsuspecting Americans. This abuse of probate venues and probate instruments (wills, trusts, guardianships/conservatorships and powers of attorney) may sound like a conspiracy theory, but it happens. Public-private partnerships (PPP) are a trendy model in pubic policy circles and this legal industry growth area has co-opted the model to mount a financial assault against Americans and their property rights.

Here in Texas, an October 2006 hearing before the Texas Senate Committee on Jurisprudence brought the following testimony:

“These people in these specialty courts, they truly have a probate business. They are running it for profit. And it profits their small group, their small circle… I learned that this circle of friends has a name in Harris County. It’s called the “Tomb Raiders Club” and they pride themselves on making a living out of this particular industry that they have created.”

The court of Denton County Probate Judge Don Windle became similarly known and perhaps was impetus for his decision to not seek re-election. Activities surrounding Denton County's probate court received attention starting May 2005 when The Dallas Morning News published a story about a group of lawyers and other professionals viewed as significantly profiting off probate court appointments handed out by Judge Don Windle. Another article suggested the potential of Windle "playing favorites" with a special Denton County panel that oversees real estate price determinations for eminent domain cases.

And with that, here are other "outrageous" cases which some would say "can't happen," but did. They illustrate the danger probate actions can pose to an unsuspecting public - to folks in the entertainment industry and anywhere else.

Connecticut: Josephine Smoron, an elderly Connecticut woman, believed estate planning documents would ensure her longtime caretaker Sam Manzo’s inheritance of Smoron’s 80-acre farm and cows valued at more than $1 million. Recognizing local interest in developing her property, Smoron was adamant that churches previously involved in a dispute over her brother’s estate have no claim to her estate. As Smoron’s health deteriorated, Manzo was replaced as her conservator by a court-appointed conservator under the orders of Southington Probate Judge Bryan F. Meccariello. Before her death, Meccariello approved a change in Smoron’s will designating all property be given to three area Catholic churches. Manzo was disinherited and there appeared no evidence this change reflected Smoron’s wishes. A purchase agreement with a local developer promptly surfaced and plans for Smoron’s farm becoming home to an $18 million indoor sports complex generating $200,000 of new tax revenue were announced. Manzo filed a complaint with Connecticut’s Council on Probate Judicial Conduct that resulted in Meccariello being “censured” for the second time in three years causing the judge to withdraw his bid for re-election. An attorney for the developer says the land sales contract is still valid while Sam Manzo, the rightful heir, is suing to overturn Meccariello’s disregard of Smoron’s estate plan and diversion of her assets. Manzo may one day gain control of the property to which he is legitimately entitled, but this hijacking will cost him money and time that will never be recovered.

Tennessee: Raymond Simmons, a retired Nashville firefighter, also engaged in “proper estate planning” with a will designating the Tennessee Children’s Home as sole beneficiary of his $800,000 estate. Instead of distributing the assets as Simmons clearly directed, estate executor Daryl Bornstein wrote checks totaling $100,000 to himself. In addition to losing estate funds investing in Iraqi currency, Bornstein lost $340,000 with Hanover Corp., a now bankrupt capital investment group described as an $18 million Ponzi scheme for which Bornstein is facing charges along with two top officers who are under federal indictment. The estate was described as “almost a fully liquid estate,” but now only about $50,000 remains including a $25,000 retainer returned from an unnamed attorney who previously represented Bornstein. Recovery of additional funds through the Hanover Corp. bankruptcy action is being investigated, but the estate has largely been squandered. And interestingly, this case would probably never have received attention had a reporter not been in the Nashville probate court one Friday back in August covering a hearing on the conservatorship of Nashville singer/songwriter Danny Tate.

Texas: An elderly man married a woman 63 years his junior. Financial generosity from the relationship's early stages continued during the 14-month marriage with all involved aware that the woman was being provided for during the man's lifetime in lieu of being included in his extensively documented estate plan. Upon the man's 1995 death, the woman filed a lawsuit citing an unsubstantiated oral promise as grounds for receiving half her husband's estate. In anticipating bad news from a seven-month Houston jury trial that ultimately found the woman's claims meritless and uncredible, the woman opened an additional litigation front with a California bankruptcy filing. This pursuit of assets from the estate of J. Howard Marshall II continues today. Neither the 2006 death of Marshall's son and legitimate heir, E. Pierce Marshall, nor the 2007 death of the litigation-initiator, Anna Nicole Smith, has hindered the proceedings. Smith's estate executor Howard K. Stern continues this legalized financial assault on J. Howard Marshall's estate plan while Marshall's family continues efforts to defend the man's final (and documented) wishes.

Oregon: Erna Boldt created an estate plan leaving half her assets to her only child Leroy Newton, a California investment banker, upon her death. Despite knowing the asset transfer was to occur upon his mother's death, Newton created and transferred all Boldt's assets into a trust that denied his mother access to her property. An appeals court ruled in Boldt's favor, but further legal gamesmanship by a lower court and seemingly punitive actions from higher courts have kept Boldt from regaining her lifelong accumulation of assets.

Texas/New Jersey/Florida: Lillian Glasser was a wealthy widow and lifelong resident of New Jersey. In February 2005, her daughter Suzanne Matthews, a Texas resident, visited her mother during a Florida vacation, fired a long-time caregiver and convinced her mother to come to Texas until a replacement was hired. In the years prior, Matthews is alleged to have not only began making a case for her mother's incapacitation, but she also appears to have worked in concert with a series of legal and financial professionals, including a cousin employed by Goldman Sachs and his associates, to incrementally take control of Glasser's estate. In what some viewed as venue shopping, the 2005 Texas relocation became the entry point of Suzanne Matthews filing for guardianship of her mother and gaining complete control of the estate. Mark Glasser, a Florida resident and Glasser's son, contested his sister as guardian. Rulings from various courts have been rendered in this case. Suzanne Matthews no longer controls her mother's estate and a 2007 court order instructed her to repay roughly $20 million to her mother. By 2007, legal fees primarily paid from Glasser's estate were said to have reached $2 million. "It’s a poster child for court appointees enriching themselves off the estate of someone who never wanted to subject themselves to that court,” Russell Verney of Judicial Watch, a watchdog group at the time doing a study of the Texas probate courts, said. Glasser now resides in Florida.

Florida: Barbara Kasler, an elderly Fort Lauderdale widow with an estate once estimated at $5 million, is taking legal action against her neighbor former Broward County Judge Larry Seidlin, the now-retired judge who presided over the Anna Nicole Smith body disposition hearings. In her civil lawsuit, Kasler claims Seidlin "exploited her for personal gain, and that he, his wife and in-laws feigned friendship to steal her money and jewelry and change her will for their benefit." The lawsuit, filed in June 2009, names Seidlin, his wife Belinda and his in-laws, Barbara and Oren Ray, as defendants. A south Florida accountant along with three attorneys were later added. Per the Sun Sentinel, "The suit said the accountant and attorneys assisted Seidlin in his attempts to buy Kasler’s property at a discount and change her will to benefit himself and his family." Dorothy Colletto, a former girlfriend Kasler's deceased son, was also later added. Seidlin may be controversial within his peer group, but three decades of being a judge appears to have its perks - especially when one is getting sued. Legal gamesmanship has been a component of this case and included an unexpected change of venue after the case was underway and two hostile attempts to have Kasler put under a guardianship. A guardian brought in to oversee Kasler’s care would have great power – including the ability to control her multi-million dollar estate and the lawsuit against Seidlin. That Larry Seidlin and family ended up with significant Kasler assets is not in dispute. The dispute surrounds the circumstances in which the assets were relinquished. The Seidlin clan claims all was done voluntarily while the picture painted by the Kasler legal team depicts a more questionable scenario complete with undue influence and manipulation. At times, Kasler has seemingly become a target for legal harassment upon daring to seek justice. After stalling and delays, case depositions, including that of Seidlin, started this past fall and are scheduled to continue in the new year.

Tennessee: Using an alleged extreme (and unsubstantiated) drug habit as a basis, an “emergency” ex parte hearing took place in Judge Randy Kennedy's Nashville probate court without notice to singer/songwriter Danny Tate resulting in his rights and property being stripped along with he and his property being put under control of his brother. For 32 months, Tate was kept under this "temporary" conservatorship and denied a hearing that would have allowed his "day in court" to fight the status. An extraordinary relief application filed with the Middle Tennessee Court of Appeals seeking to reverse a Kennedy ruling finally compelled a final conservatorship hearing. The court in fact reversed Judge Kennedy with the ruling described by Nashville Scene as "meaning the Probate Court had strayed so far from established legal procedure that an extraordinary judicial slap on the wrist was dealt to Kennedy. More remarkable still, Judge Frank Clement, the jurist who issued the Appeals Court decision, used to sit in Kennedy's seat in Probate Court." Danny Tate was released from the conservatorship on May 24, but an assault on his assets has continued. Despite having regained his freedom and basic rights, three years later he is left with a once substantial estate now depleted and the prospect of bankruptcy looming.

These cases are examples of outrageous abuse being perpetrated on Americans of all persuasions and economic levels. In this light, the probate crimes espoused by Randy and Evi Quaid start sounding less far-fetched. The predators that perpetrate these acts are smart. They know how to pick their targets. That people in the entertainment industry with heightened egos, accepted eccentricities and vulnerabilities/insecurities galore could be rich (in many ways) targets makes perfect sense. A guy like Randy Quaid whose career has included playing a host of "whacked out" characters could be viewed a true prize in being easily discreditable as people are already comfortable viewing his persona - whether real or pretend - as somewhat unbalanced.

Think what you want about the Quaids. But when it comes to their estate theft claims, think again. By design, these IRA actions happen quietly so that an unsuspecting public stays unaware of the growing threat to their property and personal freedom.

Beware - all you have could someday depend on it!

Article link: http://www.examiner.com/legal-news-in-a ... nationwide

Courthouse News article referenced above:
http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/08/24/29848.htm

--Mark Twain
mackwhite

Postby anothershamus » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:48 am

Just goes to show that making a lot of money can be good, but keeping it, or having it go where you want it to go is another thing altogether. Too many lawyers? People too stupid? Maybe it's best to just make a subsistence living and not be a target.
)'(
anothershamus

Postby AlicetheKurious » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:25 pm

elfismiles wrote:
Jeff wrote:By Nancy Jo Sales

Seriously?!? :ohno:

Well, thanks for the headsup.

Sorry to be so out of the loop, but what does that mean? Who is Nancy Jo Sales?
"If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X
AlicetheKurious

Postby IanEye » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Ms. Sales also wrote this for Vanity Fair:

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/featu ... ides200801
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion