Actor Randy Quaid and his wife seeking refuge in Canada

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Actor Randy Quaid and his wife seeking refuge in Canada

Postby Jeff » Tue May 17, 2011 12:19 pm

I don't know that this deserves its own thread, but I couldn't let Lindsay Lohan's "Freemason stalker" story pass.

Lindsay Lohan wrote:This is the freemason stalker that has been threatening to kill me- while he is TRESPASSING! im actually scared now- the blood in the 'cults' book was too much- all my fans, my supporters, please stand by me. g-d bless xxL

We're told LiLo believes the man has been obsessed with her for nearly 4 years ... frequently dropping by her home and leaving weird gifts for the actress. We're also told he's been sending her "insane" text messages for the past few years.

TMZ
Jeff
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justdrew » Mon May 23, 2011 5:46 pm

mackwhite wrote:
82_28 wrote:Sylvie Cachay, Va. native fashion designer, found dead in N.Y.; boyfriend charged

Cachay's cousins said they knew little about Brooks, the 24-year-old son of Joseph Brooks, who won an Academy Award in 1978 for penning the super-ballad "You Light Up My Life," from the film of the same name.

Another page of text at link. . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 06136.html

Flashback: Oscar-winning songwriter Joseph Brooks indicted on sex assault charges
http://nydn.us/ww3TU

Oscar-winning ‘You Light Up My Life’ songwriter Joseph Brooks commits suicide
By Reuters | Sunday, May 22nd, 2011 -- 7:43 pm

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Joseph Brooks, the Oscar-winning composer of the hit "You Light Up My Life" and who was awaiting trial on rape charges, was found dead in his New York apartment on Sunday having apparently killed himself, police said.

The body of Brooks, 73, was discovered at his apartment on Manhattan's Upper East Side around 12.30 p.m. by a friend with whom he had planned to have lunch, police said.

Brooks had a plastic bag wrapped around his head. A helium tank with a hose attachment was also found at the scene and may have been used in the apparent suicide, police said.

They said they found a suicide note but would not discuss its contents. An official autopsy will be done on the body.

Brooks was awaiting trial after pleading not guilty in 2009 to charges he raped and sexually abused at least 11 women.

According to the Manhattan district attorney's account, Brooks, a director and screenwriter as well as a composer, tricked aspiring actresses into coming to his apartment in the belief they were auditioning for a role.

In many cases, the women had responded to an audition notice that Brooks had posted on Craigslist, the online classified ads service, and flew to New York from across the country at Brooks' expense, according to the account.

Brooks won his Academy Award in 1977 for composing the Debby Boone ballad "You Light Up My Life," which featured in the film of the same name that Brooks also wrote and directed.

Brooks' son Nicholas was charged with second-degree murder in December after his ex-girlfriend, Sylvie Cachay, a 33-year-old swimwear designer, was found dead in a bathtub at an upscale New York hotel. He has pleaded not guilty.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

"I'll train manatees, something's gonna shake out.."

Postby IanEye » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:15 pm

listening to this week's WTF episode with guest Matt Graham made me think of this thread.

it is a long interview, that is actually a two part interview on one mp3.

the most RI stuff is in the second part, so you can skip right to 54:25 if you want to get right into that.

enjoy.
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby 82_28 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Sweet, Ian. I enjoyed that. Obviously not apropos of the thread topic, but that Matt Graham could seriously be me. Besides the GHB use and other things such as suicide attempt, dude talks like me, hit on a lot of topics I myself am dealing with right now and how he handles that shit and of course the noticing of patterns and how they apply. Right down to all the "fucks" and "fuckin" this and that. I'm a drinker, but it sounds like not quite like that, as he does say his bartender gave him some advice at the end. I just so happen to be the bartender and not the comedy writer. It really hit the spot for me, in this spot I am now in life. Thanks again, Ian. . .

edit:

And I wish that motherfucker would join RI!
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

dubya tee eff....

Postby IanEye » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:18 pm

i am glad you enjoyed it!

that episode had so many areas that seemed like they would be of interest to RI folks, and that random manatee reference sealed the deal for me

I have acquired quite a habit for listening to comedy oriented podcasts.

but the ones that get "meta" start to look at the comedians themselves, and things can get deep and fucked up pretty quickly.

I can't recommend the Mental Illness Happy Hour enough, especially the 2 part Greg Cheever episode.
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby MinM » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:01 am

mackwhite » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:18 pm wrote:I can’t shake the feeling that something has gone seriously awry in Hollywood …

Loren Coleman: Another Hollywood Death: Ronni Chasen
http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2010/11/chasen.html

"Today's Blind Items -- The Killings" -- "Erica Kennedy" .. "The True Story Surrounding The Death of Jay Z’s Mistress Cathy White" .. "Ronni Chasen"

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2013/ ... lings.html
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby elfismiles » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:03 pm

HollyWeird is Crazy thread ... :eeyaa

John Cusack Blasts Hollywood Studio System, Ageism (Video)
The star goes off on the town he describes as "ripe with frontier crazies" and "a whorehouse"
“It’s a whorehouse, and people go mad,” said John Cusack in describing present-day Hollywood in an interview with The Guardian published on Friday.

Promoting his latest film, David Cronenberg's Maps to The Stars, Cusack didn't hold back, criticizing ageism in Hollywood, as well as misogyny and what he sees as an increasingly broken studio system.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/j ... dio-735856
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/se ... -interview

Dave Chappelle Exposing Hollywood!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRzqsfO8F4U

Dave Chappelle-Whats Wrong With Hollywood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOBjLPfDBWc

Cusack threads ...
search.php?keywords=cusack&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby RocketMan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:31 am

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/rand ... o-fck-you/

Actor Randy Quaid posted a bizarre video attacking Rupert Murdoch, Warner Brothers, and News Corp over their lack of support for him.

He said the studios had earned well over $1 billion for two films he acted in, “Independence Day” and “Christmas Vacation,” but he complained that Murdoch had never thanked him for his work.

“What did I get in return? A Warner Brothers exec, Bruce Berman, stole my house, and News Corp’s the New York Post continues to smear me to high heaven with a pack of lies,” Quaid claimed, as his bikini-clad wife sits on a bed behind him wearing sunglasses.

-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby coffin_dodger » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:17 am

^^ :rofl2 didn't expect what happened towards the end! The dog, barking, made me laugh.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Nordic » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:10 pm

The video is gone.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby RocketMan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:22 am

Nordic » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:10 am wrote:The video is gone.

The reason given was YouTube's policy against harrassment and threats.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Spiro C. Thiery » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:23 am

John Cusack Blasts Hollywood Studio System, Ageism (Video)
The star goes off on the town he describes as "ripe with frontier crazies" and "a whorehouse"
“It’s a whorehouse, and people go mad,” said John Cusack in describing present-day Hollywood in an interview with The Guardian published on Friday.

Promoting his latest film, David Cronenberg's Maps to The Stars, Cusack didn't hold back, criticizing ageism in Hollywood, as well as misogyny and what he sees as an increasingly broken studio system.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/j ... dio-735856
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/se ... -interview

He was luckier than he's letting on, not just because he was near Chicago when they wanted to make movies about 16-year-olds in Chicago. The implication here is that things were better...
“People would look after you when I was a kid,” he says. “There were good people in the business. When I came to LA Rob Reiner said: ‘Come stay at my house.’ He taught me. I worked with Pacino [in 1996 crime drama City Hall]. Pacino would talk to you and mentor you. Now it’s different. The culture just eats young actors up and spits them out. It’s a hard thing to survive without finding safe harbour.”

...when his Corey contemporaries, among many others might interpret “People would look after you when I was a kid..." a bit differently.
Seeing the world through rose-colored latex.
Spiro C. Thiery

Postby The Consul » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:33 pm

Randy Quaid would advise Cusack that in Hollywood you really can't Say Anything.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby Nordic » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:43 am

The Consul » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:33 pm wrote:Randy Quaid would advise Cusack that in Hollywood you really can't Say Anything.

:lol:
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby stefano » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:19 am

Thanks, that Maps to the Stars looks very good.
stefano

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion