The robot thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The robot thread

Postby BenDhyan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:53 pm

Clever, but I think their battery charge would not last long...

Ben D
BenDhyan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:32 am

stefano » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:52 pm wrote:A robot solving a Rubik's cube in 0.637 seconds.

Phew, hardly! That a computer can calculate the operations in that time is not interesting. That the coders devised a cute animated display of the solution even less so. That they branded it and gave it a cute robot casing should be at least a minor felony. Get back to me when it is "setting records" by powering robot eyes and fingers to solve an actual cube by physically rotating its parts. (Full disclosure: I have not solved a Rubik's Cube.) Also, this is no more a "record" than if a crane lifted a barbell heavier than any human ever lifted. (Full disclosure: I deadlifted a world record 530 kg several times, unfortunately without official documentation.)

But where has stefano gone? That's the real question.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby BenDhyan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:01 pm

Robotic dogs to start patrolling Florida military base

November 16, 2020

Newly developed robotic K9s will soon be prowling the Tyndall Air Force Base in Panama City, Florida to enhance security and surveillance patrolling, Florida Insider reported Monday.

The 325th Security Forces Squadron, which handles security for the base, said the robo-dogs are weatherproof, four-legged, unmanned patrolling drones that have two-way communication abilities and high tech sensors that cost about $100,000 a pop, the outlet reported.

“This is a springboard into the future of integrated defense,” Squadron Commander Maj. Jordan Criss told the outlet at a recent demonstration on base.

“This is only the first step, and what we’re very excited to do is be that test and evaluations site which proliferates the rest of this technology for the rest of the Air Force.”

While the not-so-furry sentries won’t “bite,” if someone attempts to steal or otherwise “harm” the robot, a defense mechanism is triggered that will hurt the predator.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/16/robotic-dogs-to-start-patrolling-florida-military-base/
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby conniption » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:59 pm

Found this video in the comment section here: https://thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.c ... ment-50988
...and thought it was incredibly funny.

Enjoy.

RUSSIAN CYBERPUNK FARM HD - Mars Robots CyberFarm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G2-RnH ... =emb_title

•Nov 20, 2020

Cyber Portal

#CYBERPUNK #CYBERFARM #RUSSIANFARM #ROBOTS #MARS
They say that Russia is a technically backward country, there are no roads, robotics do not develop, rockets do not fly, and mail goes too long. It’s a bullshit.

New Russian Cyber Farm is what we are coming to soon :-)
Russian Mars colonization project is here.

Thanks to @ecofarm_ssady
http://www.s-sady.ru
https://vk.com/public_ecofarm_ssady
conniption

Postby Harvey » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:51 am

Yes, it's very well done. Loosely inspired by the work of Simon Stålenhag if I'm not mistaken.

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby BenDhyan » Wed May 05, 2021 6:53 pm

Skyborg is here...

First Test Flight Of Skyborg's "Computer Brain" Flown On UTAP-22 Loyal Wingman Drone

MAY 5, 2021

The U.S. Air Force says that it has conducted the first flight test of an initial version of the artificial intelligence-driven "computer brain" it is developing under the Skyborg program using a Kratos UTAP-22 Mako unmanned aircraft. Kratos, along with Boeing and General Atomics, are on contract to start delivering new drones soon to support this project. Skyborg is centered on crafting a system of systems that will be able to fly networked "loyal wingman" type drones, as well as fully autonomous unmanned combat air vehicles, or UCAVs.

The Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio announced the successful completion of the flight test, which it said lasted approximately two hours and 10 minutes, on May 5, 2021. The flight had occurred on April 29, with personnel launching the UTAP-22 carrying the Skyborg Autonomy Core System (ACS) from Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida. Tyndall has immediate access to extensive over-water ranges in the Gulf of Mexico and is already a regular launch point for ground-launched Kratos BQM-167A Skeeter target drones, from which the UTAP-22 is derived.

"We’re extremely excited for the successful flight of an early version of the ’brain‘ of the Skyborg system. It is the first step in a marathon of progressive growth for Skyborg technology," Air Force Brigadier General Dale White, the service's Program Executive Officer for Skyborg, as well as for Fighters and Advanced Aircraft, said in a statement. "These initial flights kickoff the experimentation campaign that will continue to mature the ACS and build trust in the system."

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/40465/air-force-conducts-first-test-flight-of-skyborg-computer-brain-on-loyal-wingman-drone

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby thrulookingglass » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:52 am

I watched Cameron's breakthrough movie Terminator again which was actually based off a Harlan Ellison short. Has sci-fi become reality?

Nobody even knew who started it.

- It was the machines, Sarah. - I don't understand.

Defence network computers.

New, powerful,

hooked into everything, trusted to run it all.

They say it got smart - a new order of intelligence.

Then it saw all people as a threat. Not just the ones on the other side.

It decided our fate in a microsecond.

Extermination.

If any industry was given the capacity to manufacture AI it would be the military. We gave them carte blanche through our passivity. Taught never to rebel (you dirty Satan!).

You should know professor
you programmed me

To win the game.

Life's pitiful game of superiority through violence entertains me no more.
thrulookingglass

Postby Harvey » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:00 pm

thrulookingglass » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:52 pm wrote:I watched Cameron's breakthrough movie Terminator again which was actually based off a Harlan Ellison short. Has sci-fi become reality?

I concur except perhaps read Ellison's story and then The Skull by Philip K Dick and see which story the film more closely resembles. And I think the banks are still the biggest investors in AI.

Wombat?
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby thrulookingglass » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:58 pm

Humanity has reached a new moral low point. So glad we have used our intelligence and precious resources for the grand achievement of manufacturing killer robot dogs. Skynet lives.

https://gizmodo.com/robot-murder-dog-ne ... 1847867174
thrulookingglass

Postby DrEvil » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:11 pm

But think of all the lives we will save when we're shooting up third world countries! No body bags coming home, just boxes of scrap metal. As a bonus it will be much easier to go to war, as all we'll be risking is machines, which incidentally cost a ton of money and require extensive servicing contracts. It will be great for the private sector.

Then give it a decade or two for the new models to come online, and all the surplus units can be donated to local law enforcement. It should be easy to load the guns with less lethal ammo for crowd control. The cops will love it! They can park their lard-asses behind a desk and play Call of Duty: Antifa Rising from their heavily fortified precinct building. Maybe have an AI assigning point values to targets based on their behavior and clothing, to incentivize good target discipline. Amazon and Activision would be happy to help out with the software back-end.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby conniption » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:13 pm

Michael P Senger

Hawaii has introduced a $150,000 “robot dog” to scan people for COVID in public spaces, especially homeless sites.

https://twitter.com/MichaelPSenger/stat ... 3273225217
conniption

Previous

Return to General Discussion