Airport Security? More Like TSA GONE WILD

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Airport Security? More Like TSA GONE WILD

Postby elfismiles » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:27 pm

"Hi Jack!"
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Hi+Jack%22+airport

“You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkWPMeLSk6M

TSA Loudspeakers Threaten Travelers With Arrest For Joking About Security
Prisoner training: Don’t complain about your grope down
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
October 11, 2013

Travelers who crack jokes about the TSA’s ludicrous security procedures could face arrest, according to a new loudspeaker warning being broadcast at airports in the U.S.

While traveling through George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, Matt Miller heard a security announcement repeatedly aired on the airport intercom that left him disturbed.

“You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” the loudspeaker message states.

These new loudspeaker warnings remind us that the TSA continues to excel at indoctrinating Americans to be well-behaved prisoners via obedience training – reminding them that they can be disappeared if they dare speak out of turn, even in a humorous way.

This is a totally unlawful and illegitimate violation of the First Amendment and is obviously designed to intimidate travelers and stop them from complaining about aggressive grope downs which in some cases involve TSA workers touching travelers’ genitals.

The message is clear – grovel and enjoy your genitals being groped or face arrest.

The prospect of travelers cracking jokes about airport security procedures is by no means unlikely given the increasing absurdity of the policies being enforced by the TSA.

As we reported last year, perhaps the mose ludicrous example is the TSA’s “freeze” policy, where travelers are ordered to stand in place like statues while TSA agents resolve some unexplained security threat.

The TSA has also provoked controversy by implementing other preposterous policies which have a tenuous security justification, most notably a procedure where TSA agents test travelers’ drinks for explosives after they have already passed through security and purchased beverages inside the secure area of the airport.

H/T: Police State USA
http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/tsa- ... -security/
http://www.infowars.com/tsa-loudspeaker ... -security/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby elfismiles » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1G3nY7XopI

More Airports Set to Install TSA ‘Detention Pods’
Devices that critics liken to cattle grids have biometric capabilities

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
December 6, 2013

A new Transportation Security Administration directive that mandates airports provide security for terminal exits is likely to lead to the installation of more ‘detention pods’ which have the capability of subjecting travelers to biometric scans.

“Airports across the country have sued to block a new Transportation Security Administration directive that requires them, starting Jan. 1, to begin guarding exit security doors, as passengers leave flights and head for baggage claims,” reports the Associated Press.

The article notes that in order to comply with the regulation and save hundreds of thousands of dollars a year in staffing, airports may follow the example set by Atlantic City International, which has “installed five cylinder-shaped glass exit portals since 2009.”

These ‘detention pods’, which temporarily hold a traveler inside the portal until a green light and a voice command signals that the person can leave, have been compared to cattle grids by critics who see them as another way in which travelers are treated as prisoners inside the airport. According to Karen De Coster, the pods are a way “to remind you that you are a captive” and are “meant to make you feel like a prisoner who cannot leave.”

The detention pods, which are also in place at Syracuse International Airport, “were designed and approved by TSA,” according to Syracuse Airport Commissioner Christina Callahan.

Travelers have expressed confusion at the necessity of the pods. “I don’t understand those doors,” Cindy Katz, of Jupiter, Fla. told the Boston Globe. “What are they supposed to do? It slows everyone down.” The article also notes how some are concerned about “being scanned somehow while closed inside.”

Mindy Carpenter, who was waiting for friends to arrive at the airport complained, “It just took so long for the four of them to come through.”

The report adds that the detention pods “could be the wave of things to come,” and that their manufacturer, Eagle Security Group, is currently in talks with other airports.

As we previously highlighted, although the devices currently in use do not (at least publicly) utilize any kind of scanning technology, the pods do have biometric and object-detecting capabilities, meaning in the future Americans could face yet another stifling level of security simply to leave the airport.

A video demonstration of the devices shows a user biometrically scanning his fingerprint before he is allowed to leave the containment area.

“The identity of the user is guaranteed via fingerprint, iris or facial recognition scans before they are allowed to complete their passage from non-secure to secure areas. The Eagle ACP (Access Control Portal) with integrated biometrics of your choice is a complete solution,” states the company’s website.

http://www.infowars.com/more-airports-s ... tion-pods/
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:55 pm

TSA Groping Fees!!! :yay

TSA Fee Increase: U.S. Airline Tickets To Get Higher Starting in July
Travelers Today By Katie McFadden
Updated: Jun 25, 2014 09:00 AM EDT
http://www.travelerstoday.com/articles/ ... n-july.htm
elfismiles

Postby LilyPatToo » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Gods, how I hate the TSA. I've gotten more traumatized with each flight I've had to take and finally did something I swore I'd never do--let the assholes investigate me in order to get a status that will let me bypass the line. The very idea of that offends me, but the possibility of being groped, alter-switching and punching out an employee worries me a lot more. There should be a way to opt-out of the possibility of being touched for anyone who's a sexual abuse survivor, but of course there isn't. And it cost me $85, which means it's not going to even be an option for a lot of survivors, which pisses me off even more.

:tongout

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby BrandonD » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:37 am

That message about "any inappropriate remarks or jokes will result in your arrest" appeared on the loudspeakers at Bush Airport immediately following 9/11. On the loudspeaker after this announcement, it says "We appreciate your cooperation while these measures are in effect" implying that this these extreme measures are temporary, an emergency response to the 9/11 situation - which is of course why everyone was initially ok with them. However, the announcement never went away and now everyone simply accepts it.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:26 pm

LilyPatToo » 26 Jun 2014 19:06 wrote:Gods, how I hate the TSA. I've gotten more traumatized with each flight I've had to take and finally did something I swore I'd never do--let the assholes investigate me in order to get a status that will let me bypass the line. The very idea of that offends me, but the possibility of being groped, alter-switching and punching out an employee worries me a lot more. There should be a way to opt-out of the possibility of being touched for anyone who's a sexual abuse survivor, but of course there isn't. And it cost me $85, which means it's not going to even be an option for a lot of survivors, which pisses me off even more.

LilyPat

Of course, any halfway competent terrorist cell would recruit someone to do the same, defeating the whole ostensible purpose of the charade.
stickdog99

Postby LilyPatToo » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:28 pm

stickdog99 » 28 Jun 2014 15:26 wrote:
LilyPatToo » 26 Jun 2014 19:06 wrote:Gods, how I hate the TSA. I've gotten more traumatized with each flight I've had to take and finally did something I swore I'd never do--let the assholes investigate me in order to get a status that will let me bypass the line. The very idea of that offends me, but the possibility of being groped, alter-switching and punching out an employee worries me a lot more. There should be a way to opt-out of the possibility of being touched for anyone who's a sexual abuse survivor, but of course there isn't. And it cost me $85, which means it's not going to even be an option for a lot of survivors, which pisses me off even more.

LilyPat

Of course, any halfway competent terrorist cell would recruit someone to do the same, defeating the whole ostensible purpose of the charade.

Yeah. It just sucks that physical touching is an accepted routine way to tell if we're bombers. Doesn't the rest of the civilized world use bomb-sniffing dogs or mechanical testing for explosive components first, before the groping? I just cannot believe that we've become so cowed since 9/11 that we put up with it. It still seems insane to me that even kids and babies and grandparents get groped at the will of a damn TSA agent in public in our country. Maybe it's my past that's sensitized me, but damn that feels wrong.

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

Postby elfismiles » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:59 pm

Not TSA related but travel privacy related and just plain old crazy-govt related...

DEA Paid Amtrak Employee More Than $800,000 To Steal Passenger Information
http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/12/dea-p ... formation/

DEA improperly paid $854,460 for passenger lists
By PETE YOST — Aug. 12, 2014 3:48 AM EDT
http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/dea- ... nger-lists
elfismiles

Postby Project Willow » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:59 pm

BrandonD » 27 Jun 2014 01:37 wrote:That message about "any inappropriate remarks or jokes will result in your arrest" appeared on the loudspeakers at Bush Airport immediately following 9/11. On the loudspeaker after this announcement, it says "We appreciate your cooperation while these measures are in effect" implying that this these extreme measures are temporary, an emergency response to the 9/11 situation - which is of course why everyone was initially ok with them. However, the announcement never went away and now everyone simply accepts it.

It happened to my brother when we were kids, long before any of this TSA baloney. He made a joke when we were waiting to board, and what was airport security in the 1970's pulled him aside and gave him a good lecture. That was highly effective.

LilyPatToo wrote:
stickdog99 » 28 Jun 2014 15:26 wrote:

LilyPat

Yeah. It just sucks that physical touching is an accepted routine way to tell if we're bombers. Doesn't the rest of the civilized world use bomb-sniffing dogs or mechanical testing for explosive components first, before the groping? I just cannot believe that we've become so cowed since 9/11 that we put up with it. It still seems insane to me that even kids and babies and grandparents get groped at the will of a damn TSA agent in public in our country. Maybe it's my past that's sensitized me, but damn that feels wrong.

LilyPat

The whole process, as well as how easily cowed people are, is insane. I got groped before my trip in July. I came out of the x-ray booth and a TSA woman just started touching me without warning. I had to muster all my strength to stifle various reactions in order to keep from being arrested. I will probably pay the fee for bypass as well, if travel is in my future.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:11 pm

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=13318

(Now TSA agents can supplement their low pay by selling pills they pocket during screening.)

FDA Warns Travelers To Tell TSA About Any Prescription Drugs They Have
‘Passengers should inform officers of medications and separate them from other belongings before screening begins’

In a new video alert the FDA just posted titled "Traveling with Prescription Medications," Lindsay Davison, a health promotion officer at the FDA, warns travelers about traveling with pharmaceutical medication. Travelers are advised to notify TSA officers of any prescriptions they possess and produce said medications before the screening begins.

"Passengers should inform [TSA] officers of medications and separate them from other belongings before screening begins," Davison says.

Excerpt below:

DAVISON: “DEA enforces regulations for controlled substances in schedules 2 through 5 in the code of federal regulations. This is also available on their website. DEA provides contact information to local field offices online.”
KREMZNER: “What about the Transportation Security Administration?”
DAVISON: “Great point. The TSA posts information for travelers who need medication on their website. Passengers are allowed to bring medication in tablet or other solid form through security screening checkpoints, as long as they are screened. Passengers should inform officers of medications and separate them from other belongings before screening begins. Medication is usually screened by x-ray; however, if a passenger does not want a medication x-rayed, they may ask for an inspection instead. Questions related to carrying prescription medications in luggage versus carry-on baggage, should also be directed to TSA.”
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby elfismiles » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:57 am

Since this TSA madness began my sole fallback to not totally freaking out has been the option of OPT-OUT to get what I've been quaintly calling my FREE MASSAGE pat-down. Now apparently that will no longer be an option - please, someone wake us up from this nightmare! I've tried to avoid this irradiation with a smile, I've tried to educate folks about / inoculate them against Police State, and yet, here we are... :wallhead:

Now the TSA can force you to go through the body-scanner
Chris Davies - Dec 22, 2015

Your next flight might include a mandatory trip through the body scanner, with the US government quietly changing the opt-out rules for searches. In a document published earlier this month, the Department of Homeland Security outlined an update to the Advanced Imagery Technology protocols used by the TSA at US airports, adding a clause which allows officers to insist travelers go through the controversial machines.

Previously, though the body scanners were present at many airports across the country, travelers were free to opt-out of the process. Billed as a privacy consideration, it meant a physical screening was mandatory, but alleviated concerns held by some that the technology could "see them naked" and store photographs of that.

Now, though, that option is being diluted, though not completely retired.

"TSA is updating the AIT PIA to reflect a change to the operating protocol regarding the ability of individuals to opt opt-out of AIT screening in favor of physical screening," the DHS writes. "While passengers may generally decline AIT screening in favor of physical screening, TSA may direct mandatory AIT screening for some passengers."

No more detailed explanation for the change is given. However, it seems likely that the scanners' ability to single out metallic objects hidden around the body - and that might have been missed by a physical search from a TSA agent - is seen as invaluable for whoever security services believe presents a greater-than-normal risk.
tsa-body-scanner-sample

The document also points out that the scanners do not store or transmit any of the graphics captured while travelers are using them; instead, such images are only shown on the nearby display until TSA agents can physically check the specific area.

Meanwhile, unlike the earlier - now retired - scanners which did indeed show nudity, the newer system "replaces the individual's image with that of a generic figure" the DHS writes.

All the same, it's likely that the change in policy could cause a few headaches at airports should travelers want to opt-out but be informed that the only way they can get to their gate is to submit to body scanning.

VIA Julia Angwin https://twitter.com/JuliaAngwin/status/ ... 3813171200
SOURCE DHS http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/ ... -d-ait.pdf

Story Timeline

TSA Body Scans May go Beyond Airlines Soon
Who's Scanning the TSA Body Scanners?
Full-Body X-ray scanners banned in Europe airports, TSA comments
TSA full body scanners seemingly circumvented
Former TSA agent admits "we knew full-body scanners didn't work"

http://www.slashgear.com/now-the-tsa-ca ... -22419599/
elfismiles

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:05 am

My partner was up in arms this morning because the TSA wouldn't allow a new mother to bring 18 days worth of breast milk on a plane, which is an exception to the liquids rule as per the official guidelines. It reminded me of how lawyers require years of training on the law and cops require none. One website I saw suggests printing out the guidelines and bringing them with you if you are traveling with breast milk or formula.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby 82_28 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:04 pm

Wouldn't it be a "good idea" then for women who have had mastectomies and their new as my friend who had one called them "robot tits" (which she showed me) smuggle bombs in their breasts? Sure it would be some sort of suicide mission, but doesn't the amount of liquid in breasts count as a forbidden amount?

Shows you how stupid the TSA is. Thank god I don't and will never travel again over the holidays. I was watching the news and they said the average wait time in line was an hour to an hour and a half. Um, no thanks ever again.

I think I told this story earlier in the thread. I was flying from Seattle to Denver last year. Early flight. I went up to security with the customary taking off of shoes, taking off belt, about to take my laptop out of the bag and they told me to just put my shoes back on and keep the laptop in the bag. They didn't search me at all. So once passing through I figured I had time to grab one more smoke. So I did. When I returned it was back to "normal." It was because someone was late for work.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby elfismiles » Wed May 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Airlines Spend Millions in Bid to Cut TSA Lines in Record Summer
Mary Schlangenstein - May 25, 2016
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... ord-summer

Top TSA official removed from his position in wake of scrutiny
CNN International-May 23, 2016
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/politics/ ... index.html
elfismiles

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:32 am

Disabled woman beaten bloody by TSA agents after becoming confused and afraid at security checkpoint

Travis Gettys
01 Jul 2016 at 08:38 ET

A disabled woman was beaten bloody by federal agents during an airport security screening while on her way to undergo treatment for a brain tumor.

Hannah Cohen set off the metal detector at a security checkpoint at the Memphis International Airport, and she was led away for additional screening, reported WREG-TV.

“They wanted to do further scanning, (but) she was reluctant — she didn’t understand what they were about to do,” said her mother, Shirley Cohen.

Cohen said she tried to tell agents with the Transportation Security Administration that her 19-year-old daughter is partially deaf, blind in one eye, paralyzed and easily confused — but she said police kept her away from the security agents.

The confused and terrified young woman tried to run away, her mother said, and agents violently took her to the ground.

“She’s trying to get away from them, but in the next instant, one of them had her down on the ground and hit her head on the floor,” Cohen said. “There was blood everywhere.”

The young woman, who was returning home after finishing treatment for the brain tumor at St. Jude Hospital, was arrested and booked into jail.

Authorities eventually threw out the charges against Hannah Cohen, but her family has filed a lawsuit against Memphis police, airport police and the TSA.

Neither police department commented on the suit, but a spokesperson for the TSA said passengers should notify agents ahead of time if they have special needs.

“Passengers can call ahead of time to learn more about the screening process for their particular needs or medical situation,” said TSA spokesperson Sari Koshetz.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/disable ... ts/#disqus

Watch this video report posted online by WREG-TV:
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion