Postby liminalOyster » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:17 pm

Great piece, Elvis
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Wikileaks Question

Postby conniption » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:23 am

Remember...?

Julian Assange's The World Tomorrow: Hassan Nasrallah (E1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDLXPpooA18
RT
Published on Apr 17, 2012

Hezbollah urged the Syrian opposition to engage in dialogue with Assad's regime, but they refused. Hezbollah leader Sayyid Nasrallah confirmed this in his first interview in 6 years, the world premiere of Julian Assange's 'The World Tomorrow' on RT.

~~~

Julian Assange's The World Tomorrow: Slavoj Zizek & David Horowitz (E2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM0I5k50XsY
RT
Published on Apr 24, 2012

Slavoj Zizek and David Horowitz are the guests for the second episode of Julian Assange's interview show, "The World Tomorrow". "Intellectual superstar" Slavoj Zizek is a philosopher, psychoanalyst and cultural commentator. David Horowitz is a renowned stalwart of hardline conservative American political thought and an unrepentant Zionist.

The tone of the conversation between Zizek, Horowitz and Assange alternated between combative, personal and good-humoured. The topics covered jumped backwards and forwards at a wildfire pace, to include Palestinians and Nazis, Joseph Stalin and Barack Obama, the decline of Europe and the tension between liberty and equality, amongst many others.

OFFICIAL VIDEO PAGE http://assange.rt.com

~~~

Julian Assange's The World Tomorrow: Moncef Marzouki (E3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=716vEbPPZgk
RT
Published on May 1, 2012

In the third episode of The World Tomorrow Julian Assange speaks with Tunisia's first post-revolution leader Moncef Marzouki about the West's double standards in protecting human rights. He is a former human rights activist. During the reign of the previous President he was imprisoned and kept in solitary confinement, which he considers to be torture. Once elected Head of State, he has vowed to put an end to human rights violations in Tunisia.

Marzouki recalls how he was invited to the US to talk about the human rights situation in Tunisia with a man he believed was involved in the Guantanamo controversy. Torture and the West's double standards on the issue is indeed one of the hottest topics in this episode of the show.

~~~

Julian Assange's The World Tomorrow: Nabeel Rajab & Alaa Abd El-Fattah (E4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdVoBlABSpc
RT
Published on May 8, 2012

In the fourth episode of The World Tomorrow Julian Assange speaks with two leading Arab revolutionaries in the middle of conflict, Alaa Abd El-Fattah from Egypt and Nabeel Rajab from Bahrain. Alaa Abd El-Fattah is a long time Egyptian blogger, programmer and political activist. His parents were human rights campaigners under Anwar Sadat; his sister Mona Seif became a Twitter star during the 2011 Egyptian revolution, and is a founder of the No Military Trials for Civilians group formed under the post-Mubarak military junta. El-Fattah was imprisoned for 45 days in 2006 for protesting under the Mubarak regime, and released after "Free Alaa" solidarity protests in Egypt and around the world. In 2011, from abroad, El-Fattah helped route around Mubarak's internet blockade. Nabeel Rajab is a lifelong Bahraini activist and critic of the Al Khalifa regime. A member of a staunch pro-regime family, Rajab has agitated for reform in Bahrain since his return from university in 1988. Along with the Bahraini-Danish human rights defender Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, he helped establish the Bahrain Centre for Human Rights in 2002. Rajab is reasonably new to the limelight -- becoming a face for the Bahrain uprising of February 14 2011, after the sit-in at Pearl Roundabout. Since then, he has been a public face for the revolution, waging a social media war on Twitter with PR companies working for the regime. After al-Khawaja was imprisoned, he led protests for his release. He has endured beatings, arrests and legal harrassment for engaging in pro-democracy demonstrations. On Saturday 5th of May, he was arrested at Manama airport , and charged the next day with encouraging and engaging in "illegal protests." Nabeel Rajab remains in detention at the time of broadcast.

~~~

Julian Assange's The World Tomorrow: Surviving Guantanamo (E5)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_lQzu9J2PM
RT
Published on May 15, 2012

The 5th episode of The World Tomorrow takes us to the very heart of America's War on Terror: Guantanamo Bay. In the episode Julian Assange speaks with Moazzam Begg - former Gitmo prisoner and a rights campaigner fighting for those still trapped behind the wire, and Asim Qureshi - former corporate lawyer, whose human rights organization Cageprisoners Ltd exists solely to raise awareness of the plight of prisoners who remain in Guantanamo Bay.

~~~

The Julian Assange Show Episode 6: Correa (2012)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW7edOQ3pCo
Journeyman Pictures
Published on Feb 2, 2017

The Julian Assange Show Episode 6: Correa (2012): In Assange's most incisive interview to date, President Correa speaks frankly about his nation's relationship with the USA, media corruption and the future of South America.

The discussion opens with the circumsta
nces surrounding the attempted coup d'etat in Ecuador in 2010, during which the president was taken hostage. Following the coup attempt, Correa embarked on a furious and controversial counter offensive against US interests in the country. He attributes the media's support of the coup in 2010 to the vested interests of corporate power and its control of key aspects of Ecuador's institutions, even elements of Ecuador's military and police. He explosively claims corporate owners of the media "disguised as journalists, are trying to do politics, to destabilise our governments so that no change takes place in our region, for fear of losing the power they have always flaunted".

Originally Aired on 22nd May 2012

~~~

Appears to be the entire collection of the show on this youtube channel...Journeyman Pictures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M1fHfK ... Pl99GqU2Nl

At the time I was pretty sure Assange was going to make great strides in the pursuit of truth, justice and... etc...
conniption

Postby RocketMan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:35 pm

Indeed. For all the good he has done, he is the very poster boy for hubris. Very good take. Tremendous take. No take is better. :thumbsup

What he is being punished now, though, is exclusively the crime of telling the truth. Any potential locus of information not beholden to the traditional centres of power and their sycophants must be taken down. It is out there for all to see the ruthlessness of the system when acting against a perceived enemy. A shame that so few choose to see it. A canary in the mine.

And when the next round of authoritarianism comes (like the election of Trump), people will be SHOCKED, I tell you SHOCKED. And then they will acclimate.

The Consul » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:54 am wrote:It says a lot that So far the 21st century has produced only one internationally viewed frog march. That it is Assange is not surprising. Although he has not been dismembered and cast piece by piece in a barrel of acid, his treatment sends a clear message. Beware what truth you seek.
I believe He has made egotistical mistakes in making himself part of every story. What is disturbing is how he is now being painted as a reclusive lunatic who could end up being locked away on insanity or health pretenses without ever having a day in court. Blinded by his hatred of Clinton, he made moves that were not only wrong for himself, but Wikileaks. By far more famous and recognizable than any journalist on the planet, he failed to realize how he could be used by the very forces he exposed. It took them a while.
Now anyone hoping to blow the whistle will be villified as a "would-be" Assange. His fate is not lost on any who dare.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:41 pm

Spectacular and thorough work on the "serial rapist" allegations thrown at everyone associated with Wikileaks.

Elvis » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:00 pm wrote:https://contraspin.co.nz/freeing-julian-assange-part-one/

Freeing Julian Assange: Part One
June 8, 2019
contraspin 6 Comments

We’ve been so busy sifting through the ashes that too few of us have noticed what’s been staring us in the face all along.

Graphics at link.

Video, a preview of sorts:

H1N0b7RMeTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1N0b7RMeTQ
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Grizzly » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:29 pm

I don't know why, but this just infuriates me...

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Harvey » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Not surprisingly, I'm not buying the 'narcissist' jacket, Judge Michael Snow notwithstanding. Besides, it's the latest 'smart take' across the entire MSM. Fuck that.

Who makes it his mission to take on an empire, a global network of western war criminals, the global corporate class and eventually their pet MSM without a bit of hubris? Many of the great myths probably began with less! Who even makes the attempt without at least a small drawer full of ego? Anyway, I took a brief look into myself, and (not surprisingly) not only do I have a lot more ego than Julian Assange, I've achieved about a billionth of a percent as much with it. Julian Assange isn't astonishing because he's a 'flawed hero.' He's astonishing because he exists at all.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:02 am

Yeah, I don't really get the hubris critique.
stickdog99

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:29 pm

Narcissism is not hubris, as far as I see it. Narcissism is acting out of self-love, and there is no way Assange has done that more than an average "Western" person of our time. Hubris is believing you can do the impossible. That's debatable. I'm more inclined to call him courageous and incredibly bold, willing to tempt the dragon, perhaps reckless. But all this was in a good and commendable cause. There is one Big Bad here and all the talk about Assange's personality since 2010 has existed almost solely to distract from what really matters: the imperialism, war crimes, human rights violations, illegalities and unconstitutional actions of the US government warmaking and foreign policy apparatus, as exposed by Wikileaks in a way that violated the bogus rules of the court stenographers who claim to be a free press.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Harvey » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:07 pm

JackRiddler » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:29 pm wrote:Narcissism is not hubris, as far as I see it. Narcissism is acting out of self-love, and there is no way Assange has done that more than an average "Western" person of our time. Hubris is believing you can do the impossible. That's debatable. I'm more inclined to call him courageous and incredibly bold, willing to tempt the dragon, perhaps reckless. But all this was in a good and commendable cause. There is one Big Bad here and all the talk about Assange's personality since 2010 has existed almost solely to distract from what really matters: the imperialism, war crimes, human rights violations, illegalities and unconstitutional actions of the US government warmaking and foreign policy apparatus, as exposed by Wikileaks in a way that violated the bogus rules of the court stenographers who claim to be a free press.

Yes, I agree. The fallacy occurs when either term is used to 'explain' Assange. The ten years of response to attempting the impossible was always going occur (as this leaked 2008 document confirms) within the range between assassination, criminalisation and character assassination, so that most 'liberal' or 'centrist' commentators might find it expedient to ignore the information wikileaks revealed.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Grizzly » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:19 pm

At Tricontinental: Institute for Social Research, we are studying this phenomenon closely. You have already seen our dossier on the hybrid war against Venezuela and our dossier on lawfare in Brazil. The arrest of human rights defenders from Julian Assange to Ola Bini as well as the arrest of whistle-blowers from Chelsea Manning to David McBridge are part of this chilling effect against the sentinels of democracy.

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/06/20/using-democratic-institutions-to-smash-democratic-aspirations-the-brazil-model/

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:53 am

Top Assange Defense Account Deleted By Twitter: In a corporatist system of government, in which there is no meaningful separation of corporate power and state power, corporate censorship is state censorship. The time to speak up about this silencing is now. Your voice is next.
https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/ccpri1/top_assange_defense_account_deleted_by_twitter_in/

This excellent article from Caitlin Johnstone calls out the sheer lunacy and tyranny of Big Tech and how they've become completely indistinguishable from Big Brother.

The Assange case is truly the litmus test of our generation. Without mincing words, depending on which side of this issue you fall you are either for a free humanity or against it.

It's that simple.

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2019/07/12/top-assange-defense-account-deleted-by-twitter/

From Julian's mother:

Twitter suspended @Unity4J, the global #FreeAssange supporters account!

It's a central point for updates, interviews & actions RE my son, politically persecuted journalist Julian Assange!

Please demand @TwitterSupport & @Jack re-instate it.

https://twitter.com/AssangeMrs/status/1149415943723999233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1149415943723999233&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcaitlinjohnstone.com%2F2019%2F07%2F12%2Ftop-assange-defense-account-deleted-by-twitter%2F

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby RocketMan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:19 pm

The silence regarding this decision has been pretty deafening:

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2019/0 ... a-j31.html

US federal court exposes Democratic Party conspiracy against Assange and WikiLeaks

In a ruling published late Tuesday, Judge John Koeltl of the US District Court for the Southern District of New York delivered a devastating blow to the US-led conspiracy against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

In his ruling, Judge Koeltl, a Bill Clinton nominee and former assistant special prosecutor for the Watergate Special Prosecution Force, dismissed “with prejudice” a civil lawsuit filed in April 2018 by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) alleging WikiLeaks was civilly liable for conspiring with the Russian government to steal DNC emails and data and leak them to the public.

Jennifer Robinson, a leading lawyer for Assange, and other WikiLeaks attorneys welcomed the ruling as “an important win for free speech.”

The decision exposes the Democratic Party in a conspiracy of its own to attack free speech and cover up the crimes of US imperialism and the corrupt activities of the two parties of Wall Street. Judge Koeltl stated:

If WikiLeaks could be held liable for publishing documents concerning the DNC’s political financial and voter-engagement strategies simply because the DNC labels them ‘secret’ and trade secrets, then so could any newspaper or other media outlet. But that would impermissibly elevate a purely private privacy interest to override the First Amendment interest in the publication of matters of the highest public concern. The DNC’s published internal communications allowed the American electorate to look behind the curtain of one of the two major political parties in the United States during a presidential election. This type of information is plainly of the type entitled to the strongest protection that the First Amendment offers.

The ruling exposes the illegality of the conspiracy by the US government, backed by the governments of Britain, Ecuador, Australia and Sweden and the entire corporate media and political establishment, to extradite Assange to the US, where he faces 175 years in federal prison on charges including espionage.

The plaintiff in the civil case—the Democratic Party—has also served as Assange’s chief prosecutor within the state apparatus for over a decade. During the Obama administration, Democratic Party Justice Department officials, as well as career Democratic holdovers under the Trump administration, prepared the criminal case against him.

The dismissal of the civil suit exposes massive unreported conflicts of interest and prosecutorial misconduct and criminal abuse of process by those involved. The criminal prosecution of Assange has nothing to do with facts and is instead aimed at punishing him for telling the truth about the war crimes committed by US imperialism and its allies.

The judge labeled WikiLeaks an “international news organization” and said Assange is a “publisher,” exposing the liars in the corporate press who declare that Assange is not subject to free speech protections. Judge Koeltl continued: “In New York Times Co. v. United States, the landmark ‘Pentagon Papers’ case, the Supreme Court upheld the press’s right to publish information of public concern obtained from documents stolen by a third party.”

As a legal matter, by granting WikiLeaks’ motion to dismiss, the court ruled that the DNC had not put forward a “factually plausible” claim. At the motion to dismiss stage, a judge is required to accept all the facts alleged by the plaintiff as true. Here, the judge ruled that even if all the facts alleged by the DNC were true, no fact-finder could “draw the reasonable inference that the defendant is liable for the misconduct alleged.”

Going a step further, the judge called the DNC’s arguments “threadbare,” adding: “At no point does the DNC allege any facts” showing that Assange or WikiLeaks “participated in the theft of the DNC’s information.”

Judge Koeltl said the DNC’s argument that Assange and WikiLeaks “conspired with the Russian Federation to steal and disseminate the DNC’s materials” is “entirely divorced from the facts.” The judge further ruled that the court “is not required to accept conclusory allegations asserted as facts.”

The judge further dismantled the DNC’s argument that WikiLeaks is guilty-by-association with Russia, calling the alleged connection between Assange and the Russian government “irrelevant,” because “a person is entitled to publish stolen documents that the publisher requested from a source so long as the publisher did not participate in the theft.”

Judge Koeltl also rejected the DNC’s claim “that WikiLeaks can be held liable for the theft as an after-the-fact coconspirator of the stolen documents.” Calling this argument “unpersuasive,” the judge wrote that it would “eviscerate” constitutional protections: “Such a rule would render any journalist who publishes an article based on stolen information a coconspirator in the theft.”

In its April 2018 complaint, the DNC put forward a series of claims that have now been exposed as brazen lies, including that Assange, Trump and Russia “undermined and distorted the DNC’s ability to communicate the party’s values and visions to the American electorate.”

The complaint also alleged: “Russian intelligence services then disseminated the stolen, confidential materials through GRU Operative #1, as well as WikiLeaks and Assange, who were actively supported by the Trump Campaign and Trump Associates as they released and disclosed the information to the American public at a time and in a manner that served their common goals.”

At the time the DNC filed its complaint, the New York Times wrote that the document relies on “publicly-known facts” as well as “information that has been disclosed in news reports and subsequent court proceedings.” The lawsuit “comes amid a swirl of intensifying scrutiny of Mr. Trump, his associates and their interactions with Russia,” the Times wrote.

It is deeply ironic that Judge Koeltl cited the Pentagon Papers case, New York Times Co. v. United States, in his ruling.

The DNC’s baseless complaint cited the New York Times eight times as “proof” of Assange and WikiLeaks’ ties to Russia, including articles by Times reporters Andrew Kramer, Michael Gordon, Niraj Chokshi, Sharon LaFraniere, K.K. Rebecca Lai, Eric Lichtblau, Noah Weiland, Alicia Parlapiano and Ashley Parker, as well as a July 26, 2016 article by Charlie Savage titled “Assange, avowed foe of Clinton, timed email release for Democratic Convention.”

The first of these articles was published just weeks after the New York Times hired James Bennet as its editorial page editor in March 2016. James Bennet’s brother, Michael Bennet, is a presidential candidate, a senator from Colorado and former chair of the DNC’s Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. In 2018, Bennet signed a letter to Vice President Mike Pence noting he was “extremely concerned” that Ecuador had not canceled asylum for Assange, who was then trapped in the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

“It is imperative,” the letter read, “that you raise US concerns with [Ecuadorian] President [Lenin] Moreno about Ecuador’s continued support for Mr. Assange at a time when WikiLeaks continues its efforts to undermine democratic processes globally.”

In April 2019, after the Trump administration announced charges against Assange, the New York Times editorial board, under James Bennet’s direction, wrote: “The administration has begun well by charging Mr. Assange with an indisputable crime.” Two weeks later, Michael Bennet announced his presidential run and has since enjoyed favorable coverage in the Times editorial page.

Additionally, the father of James and Michael Bennet, Douglas Bennet, headed the CIA-linked United States Agency for International Development in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

On Wednesday, the Times published a brief, six-paragraph article on page 25 under the headline, “DNC lawsuit against election is dismissed.” In its online edition, the Times prominently featured a link to its special page for the Mueller Report, which is based on the same DNC-instigated threadbare lies that Judge Koeltl kicked out of federal court.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Grizzly » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:17 am

Meanwhile...

The voyeuristic Epstein fiasco trumps the circus, let's not forget.

Julian Assange (if he's still alive) is still on the Belmarsh Prison Hospital Ward according to John Pilger. He spoke of his barbaric treatment, his isolation and his deteriorating health. The denial of his needs to defend himself were also outlined. If this is the precursor of the treatment he will receive stateside, we should also be worried. They are denying his basic rights to speak with his lawyers and treating him like a caged animal rather than the human he is.
https://twitter.com/AssangeMrs/status/1161758654145503232

and last.. not least

Imagetd bank near me open now

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby RocketMan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:30 am

Sadly it seems like a matter of time that Assange too is disposed of, whether by active neglect of his health issues, causing suicide by the hopelessness of his circumstances or by actually hastening his death by some proactive means.

If or when that happens, there are many MANY posts on this very messageboard that will seem even more cruel and callous than at the time of writing, which was plenty. One of the most disappointing developments of recent years here. :mad2
-I don't like hoodlums.
RocketMan

Postby Grizzly » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:16 pm

He paused as though he expected Furniture to speak. Furniture tried to shrink back into the surface of the bed again, away from the boot, away from the forcibly administered LSD and the PCP, away from the waterboarding and simulated executions, back into the isolation that had destroyed Jose and given birth to Furniture, the isolation Jose had hated but Furniture now craved.
--"A Reading from Orwell's 'Furniture'"

The above is from a post by Jesus General w/regards to Jose Padilla, but could just as well be about the blue eyed, blond adventure

https://patriotboy.blogspot.com/2014/12/merry-christmas-jose-padilla-by.html?m=1

Will he make it to Christmas?

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion