A new planet has scientists agog

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: A new planet has scientists agog

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:02 am

NASA scientists answer questions about "Tyche" claims

Q: When could data from WISE confirm or rule out the existence of the hypothesized planet Tyche?
A: It is too early to know whether WISE data confirms or rules out a large object in the Oort cloud. Analysis over the next couple of years will be needed to determine if WISE has actually detected such a world or not. The first 14 weeks of data, being released in April 2011, are unlikely to be sufficient. The full survey, scheduled for release in March 2012, should provide greater insight. Once the WISE data are fully processed, released and analyzed, the Tyche hypothesis that Matese and Whitmire propose will be tested.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/3 ... z1Ea4nBb4X

It's like some sick joke on conspiracy culture. For years the Planet X / Nibiriu return of 2012 has been paraded as prelude to whatever prophecy the conspiracy entertainment industry would like to cite. If not Mayan, than Zecharia Sitchin.

Also why not release the raw data at one time? NASA has a tendency to unnecessarily delay. Perhaps to time for particular events. Releasing raw data lets independent researchers have a say.

Also a tenth planet of this type would finally mirror an astrological/kabbalistic correspondence that esoteric diviners have sought for a long time. Is Pluto really a planet? Is Daat really a sephirot? They are both of death. One hidden until unveiled by the deep space infared-light probe WISE. Once hidden until unveiled by probing the deep space by inner light of wisdom. Saturn may be a good stand-in for Tifferet.
Rage against the ever vicious downward spiral.
Time to get back to basics. [url=http://zmag.org/zmi/readlabor.htm]Worker Control of Industry![/url]
Occult Means Hidden

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby anothershamus » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Coast to Coast AM has a show on Planet X tonight. fwiw coasttocoastam.com
)'(
anothershamus

Postby 23 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:22 pm

anothershamus wrote:Coast to Coast AM has a show on Planet X tonight. fwiw coasttocoastam.com

Thanks for that heads-up. My daughter loves to listen to George, on occasion, before she goes to sleep.
"Once you label me, you negate me." — Soren Kierkegaard

Postby DevilYouKnow » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:52 pm

Luther Blissett wrote:I wonder if it is what is causing both Pioneer spacecraft to drift off course?

That was my first thought as well. I was an astronomy geek as a kid, this is super cool.
DevilYouKnow

Postby 82_28 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:52 pm

Occult Means Hidden wrote:NASA scientists answer questions about "Tyche" claims

Q: When could data from WISE confirm or rule out the existence of the hypothesized planet Tyche?
A: It is too early to know whether WISE data confirms or rules out a large object in the Oort cloud. Analysis over the next couple of years will be needed to determine if WISE has actually detected such a world or not. The first 14 weeks of data, being released in April 2011, are unlikely to be sufficient. The full survey, scheduled for release in March 2012, should provide greater insight. Once the WISE data are fully processed, released and analyzed, the Tyche hypothesis that Matese and Whitmire propose will be tested.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/3 ... z1Ea4nBb4X

It's like some sick joke on conspiracy culture. For years the Planet X / Nibiriu return of 2012 has been paraded as prelude to whatever prophecy the conspiracy entertainment industry would like to cite. If not Mayan, than Zecharia Sitchin.

Also why not release the raw data at one time? NASA has a tendency to unnecessarily delay. Perhaps to time for particular events. Releasing raw data lets independent researchers have a say.

Also a tenth planet of this type would finally mirror an astrological/kabbalistic correspondence that esoteric diviners have sought for a long time. Is Pluto really a planet? Is Daat really a sephirot? They are both of death. One hidden until unveiled by the deep space infared-light probe WISE. Once hidden until unveiled by probing the deep space by inner light of wisdom. Saturn may be a good stand-in for Tifferet.

Good call.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:36 pm

As anothershamus mentioned, Coast to Coast AM did a show on Planet X last night...

Doomsday & Brown Dwarf Star
Date: 02-21-11
Host: George Noory
Guests: LUCUS --, Cheryl Harness

In the middle two hours, researcher of ancient mysteries and how they relate to geological and astronomical cycles, LUCUS, discussed his contention that a brown dwarf star will decimate Earth. Orbiting in our solar system, its inbound passage every 3,600 years, causes Earth's magnetic field to fall, and sends civilizations back to the hunter/gatherer state, he outlined. In a binary system with our sun, the brown dwarf star is dark and impossible to see from a distance, yet as it draws closer, it will likely appear the same size as the sun, though as a big black circle in the sky, he continued.

The dwarf star will emit a lot of radiation, as well as gravitational pull that will cause massive earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, and climate extremes, he warned, adding that an example of the coming change was the sun rising two days early in Greenland this year. LUCUS believes that the "powers that be" are aware of the coming dwarf star and have already made survival preparations including an underground facility at the Denver Airport. They have also authorized the spraying of chemtrails which contain barium-- this absorbs and reduces the effects of radiation, he pointed out.

LUCUS spoke about the how the Yellowstone super caldera is increasing in activity but seismic data is being deleted or suppressed from the public. If the caldera blows, the catastrophic effects include deadly glass particles sent into the atmosphere that people and animals would breathe in. He also noted that the San Bruno gas explosion happened at the same time as a fireball in the sky, and may have been sparked by an asteroid.

And here's part 1 of a video presentation that LUCAS gave in January of 2010.

EDIT:

Whoooops. I had no idea that you need to pay for a subscription to listen to the show from the Coast to Coast sight.

Here's part one of last night's show on Youtube:

"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:33 pm

LUCUS's website is worth visiting, if only for his excessive usage of cliche symbols and pop references, surely adding to his formidable credibility.. ["wake up, Neo.. Matrix has you.. follow the white rabbit.." --- it's 1999 all over again]

http://www.rabbithole2.com/
Belligerent Savant

Postby anothershamus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:25 am

Right around 4:00 they start talking about the 'second sun' The audio is horrible but as I am addicted to radio so I picked up most of it. in the beginning they talk about the demand of bunkers in the last couple of years. Also the film 2012 comes up again with reference to a 'green pass'. Like the Russian billionaire had for 'me and my boys'.

)'(
anothershamus

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:35 pm

From CNN...

Scientists, telescope hunt massive hidden object in space

You know how you sometimes can sense that something is present even though you can't see it? Well, astronomers are getting that feeling about a giant, hidden object in space.

And when we say giant, we mean GIANT.

Evidence is mounting that either a brown dwarf star or a gas giant planet is lurking at the outermost reaches of our solar system, far beyond Pluto. The theoretical object, dubbed Tyche, is estimated to be four times the size of Jupiter and 15,000 times farther from the sun than Earth, according to a story in the British paper The Independent.

Astrophysicists John Matese and Daniel Whitmire from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette think data from NASA's infrared space telescope WISE will confirm Tyche's existence and location within two years.

The presence of such a massive object in the solar system's far-flung Oort Cloud could explain a barrage of comets from an unexpected direction, according to a December article at Space.com.

Its 27 million-year orbit could also explain a pattern of mass extinctions on Earth, scientists say.

Brown dwarfs are cold "failed" stars; their dimness and lack of heat radiation can make them hard to detect. Gas giants are huge planets – like Saturn, Jupiter and Neptune – that are made up of gases and may lack a solid surface like Earth's.

Whitmire told The Independent that Tyche will probably be composed of hydrogen and helium and have colorful spots, bands and clouds like Jupiter.

"You'd also expect it to have moons," he said. "All the outer planets have them."

Tyche was first hypothesized in 1984 as Nemesis, a dark companion star to the sun. It's been the subject of astronomical research and debate ever since. In July, another Space.com article said the celestial evidence suggests Tyche could not possibly exist.

To distinguish it from the Nemesis star theory, Matese and Whitmire are calling their object Tyche, after the good sister of the goddess Nemesis in Greek mythology.

Their research is published in Icarus, the International Journal of Solar System Studies.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Would Spock lie to you?

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Laodicean » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:24 pm

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Laodicean » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Planet X
by Pastor F. M. Riley, 2/1/11

PDF Document
Laodicean

Postby Laodicean » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:38 pm

'Two suns' spotted in China defy explanation

The dual sunset comes just weeks after rumors of a second sun flooded the Net

Weeks after a story shot across the Web claiming that the imminent explosion of a nearby star would result in the appearance of a second sun in the sky — a story that was later debunked — two suns were caught on camera yesterday in China. The suns — one fuzzy and orange, the other a crisp yellow orb — appeared side-by-side, one slightly higher than the other.

What's going on? Life's Little Mysteries, a sister site to Space.com, asked Jim Kaler, the University of Illinois astronomer who squelched the excitement over the aforementioned exploding Betelgeuse and who has written books on the day and night sky. The double sun image is an effect of optical refraction, Kaler said, but it's a "pretty darn rare" one, and one not fully explained by science.

"I doubt it's been computer modeled," he said. "There must have been some blob of atmosphere somewhere that caused this truly spectacular phenomenon, which in a sense is a mirage."

Mirages appear when particles in the atmosphere refract, or bend, light. This typically happens near the horizon, where air is thicker, though, and mirages are usually aligned vertically above or below the original source of the light — not beside it, like in the video. It's possible, Kaler said, that an unusually thick patch of atmosphere wandered in front of the sun to create the unusual effect.

Previous sightings of horizontally-aligned double images of the sun and moon are recorded in a book called "Light and Color in the Outdoors" (English edition: Springer 1993) by the famous Flemish astronomer Marcel Minnaert, which remains the most complete reference on double suns. "So many other instances have been reported that there is no longer any doubt about ... observations of sun and mock sun(s) being at exactly the same altitude," Minnaert wrote.

"The case of a mock sun 3 degrees and 25 arc-seconds to the left of the nearly set sun sounds incredible but has been recorded photographically." Indeed, Minnaert's description sounds nearly identical to the scene in question.

He goes on to state that the double or multiple image phenomena are produced by abnormal refraction, but that "it remains extraordinary that the images of the sun and moon were sharp and of the same size as the real sun and moon."

To check whether more has been learned about the double sun effect since the time of Minnaert's writing, Life's Little Mysteries consulted several atmospheric optics experts. None of them had ever seen anything quite like the effect shown in the video.

"This is not a common optical phenomenon that we're seeing here," said Grant Perry, an atmospheric scientist at the University of Wisconsin Cooperative Institute for Satellite and Meteorological Studies. "I'm asking myself if this is an artifact of the lens, but if that were the case — if it's reflections of the lens elements — then the images would move in relation to each other as the camera moves," Perry said. "But that doesn't happen."

In terms of an optical explanation, he said, "You would have to assume it is particles of ice or something in the atmosphere aligned in such a way that they would refract the sunlight at that very small angle, but only in one direction. It would require some fairly peculiar characteristics."

Several related atmospheric optical effects are fully explained by science. Sun dogs, sunset mirages, sun pillars and sun halos are all relatively common and well understood. But not this effect.

"It's very intriguing," said Kaler.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41927089/ns ... nce-space/
Laodicean

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Meanwhile, one of the NYC Fox stations showed Armageddon this afternoon, and TNT is currently showing Deep Impact, in which the U.S. Government is led by President Morgan Freeman, and the comet headed for earth is codenamed Ellie, which, as explained in the movie, is their diabolical way of hinting at E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event).

Of course, it's merely coincidence that a recently discovered comet will be flying by earth soon and has been named ELEnin.

I mean, I guess it's a coincidence.

The universe is funny that way...

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby norton ash » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Bruce Dazzling wrote:Meanwhile, one of the NYC Fox stations showed Armageddon this afternoon, and TNT is currently showing Deep Impact, in which the U.S. Government is led by President Morgan Freeman, and the comet headed for earth is codenamed Ellie, which, as explained in the movie, is their diabolical way of hinting at E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event).

Of course, it's merely coincidence that a recently discovered comet will be flying by earth soon and has been named ELEnin.

I mean, I guess it's a coincidence.

The universe is funny that way...

Funny creepy, Scoob. :blankstare

Comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin) is a long-period comet discovered by Russian astronomer Leonid Elenin on December 10, 2010 at International Scientific Optical Network's robotic observatory near Mayhill, New Mexico, U.S.A.

C/2010 X1 will come to perihelion (closest approach to the Sun) on 10 September 2011 at a distance of about 0.48 AU. On 16 October 2011, the comet will pass within about 0.23 AU (34,000,000 km; 21,000,000 mi) of the Earth[2] at a relative velocity of 85,000 km/hr.[2] This relatively bright comet can reach 6th magnitude on September-October 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C/2010_X1
Zen horse
norton ash

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion