Is The Trump Thing Serious?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Is The Trump Thing Serious?

Postby 82_28 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:54 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:
82_28 wrote:It's just amazing how proficient the imaginaeers of the right are at mind control. Fall in line assholes. We're headed for a crash.

Disagree, strongly.

They win because they're playing to basic human primate biology. Not because of talent, but because they're taking the easiest road. If the left could figure out a way to harness the same hardwiring they'd achieve similar success, but that's the trap, innit?

Easy to win when you're perfectly happy burning everything to the ground.

I don't disagree with you. Perhaps, I intended a different meaning here than what I was able to get across. The "fall in line assholes" bit is how they do it -- exerting authority. Then they add in a "crash" upon which the pieces are in place for perpetuating social control as people demand authority through the mechanisms of fear that they just so happen to own, control and profit from. Yet, the ability and the aplomb of the right is second to none in order to get this done. Of course, it does not work in all cases, but it does work on a level that can and will affect us all if we are taken to giving a shit about this existence for one and all. Namely, because it saddens and angers us that something so obvious can't be seen by others.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:07 pm

It's just amazing how proficient the imaginaeers of the right are at mind control

Easy to win when you're perfectly happy burning everything to the ground.

These are both great quotes. However, I'd have to say WR's comment exposes the flaw in his thinking here. (and I love both of you guys).

Because ....

These guys are burning everything to the ground, and a large part of the population is just A-OK with that!

And the only reason that a large part of the population is standing there cheering while these thugs burn everything to the ground is because ..... theyr'e so good at mind control.

My two cents anyway.

These guys could never possibly get away with what they're doing if it weren't for the mind control.

It's like "yeah, these guys came into my house and raped my wife and daughter and took a shit in my kitchen sink and goddamn it was great! I invited them back!"
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Jeff » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:54 pm

A friend of mine on FB wrote:Trump's got my support. He's exactly the kind of Phildickian president this country deserves: an insane, uber-wealthy reality TV star. Bring on the dystopia!

A Trump candidacy would be no joke (Trump/Huckabee or Rubio is the ticket), and a presidency is no less conceivable than Berlusconi's. Imagine the Bunga Bunga.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby barracuda » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:30 am

You don't really have to imagine it - here's the future first lady Melania relaxing in his private jet:

Nice gun. This should provide a tidbit of cognitive dissonance amongst the Christian rightwing GOP base.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby 23 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:43 am

The Trump-Huckabee dance will never take place. Donald's too secular and risque for Huckabee's minions.

When Donald says that he's going to announce a big surprise around June, big to Donald means really big.

I think that he will prefer to dance with someone like Chris Christie of New Jersey. A long time friend and someone he admires a lot.

Loyalty is a big deal to The Donald, and Gov. Christie has taken real good care of him in New Jersey.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/0 ... casin.html
Donald Trump says Gov.-elect Chris Christie will be N.J.'s 'greatest governor'

(excerpted)

NEWARK -- Real estate and entertainment mogul Donald Trump said after an inaugural mass for Gov.-elect Chris Christie this morning the incoming governor was a "talented, talented man" who will turn out to be the state's "greatest governor."

"He's going to be a great governor," he said. "He will make this state the hottest state in the country. I'm a big fan. I've known him for a long time."
"Once you label me, you negate me." — Soren Kierkegaard

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:44 am

Palin-Trump it will be. The PILF and the Plutocrat: that's the unbeatable Dream Team.

The Brainless Beauty and the Blond Beast: that's the winning ticket.

- You think these people aren't serious?

- You never heard of Strength Through Joy?

- You think fascists hate fun?

"Yes Who Can"?

No joke.

"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:59 am

In any case:

"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Jeff » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Well, why not? Let's just go full-bore grotesque about it.

The real estate mogul has chosen the season finale of his NBC reality show, "The Apprentice" as the venue for announcing his presidential decision, Newsmax reported late Wednesday. The show is set to air May 15. Newsmax reports that Trump will announce plans to hold a press conference to announce his candidacy in the Trump Tower in New York "a few days after" the finale.

Trump had previously stated he would wait until June to make a final decision about about a presidential campaign.

Newsmax's Ronald Kessler defended Trump from charges of cynical media manipulation. Kessler noted Thursday that even after Trump announces his campaign, he'll still be accused of staging a campaign for publicity. "But that defies the facts and common sense," Kessler wrote. "Of all the people on the planet, Donald Trump is the last person who needs more publicity. And if he is riding a groundswell of support, why would he—or anyone else—decide not to run?"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket ... apprentice
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Maddy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:14 pm

He either needs a better makeup artist, or to quit using the orange-hued fake-tan spray stuff just on his face.

This is surreal.
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby 82_28 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Yeah. Super surreal. I've overheard men at the bar talking "politics" (it's so hard to not interject my "RI-ness") about Trump. From what I've seen, people like him.

I don't think we can hope to solve anything anymore. Shit's gone off the rails in the collective psyche. We have truly finally been forced onto a roller coaster we've been trying for 10 years not to get on. The frat house has finally located our whereabouts and the hazing of all commonsense in our beings is about to be completed. We will be stripped down to our boxers, slathered in food-colored vaseline and be told to knock on a neighboring sororities door soon with a hundred giggling popular kids giggling at us and filming it -- when all we came here to do was study.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby norton ash » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:24 pm

Palin, Ventura, Trump in the mix, and Charlie Sheen should announce soon ... is it Idiocracy or Death Race 2000?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Race_2000
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Nordic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:00 am

All this means is that it is already scripted that we're gonna have four more years of Obama. Because he's so ..... normal.
Nordic

Postby Maddy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:45 am

Yes.

That's how I predicted the last one and knew I didn't want to vote for Obama. It was too obvious a setup. So is this.

But look at all the people going for the craziness. Its frightening.
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby Nordic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:42 am

BTW, Mac, that post of yours upthread with all the photos is BRILLIANT.
Nordic

Postby Jeff » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:11 am

I bought a house in bankruptcy court - and I was willing to go a lot higher - for 41 million dollars. And sold it, a relatively short time later, for almost a hundred million dollars. Now - isn't that the kind of thinking that this country needs?

And all the Tea Partiers go: :dancingcouple:
Jeff
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion