Spree-Killings Master Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Spree-Killings Master Thread

Postby elfismiles » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:58 pm

HP Albarelli just made me aware of this...

UW professor: The information war is real, and we’re losing it
Originally published March 29, 2017 at 6:30 am Updated March 30, 2017 at 11:04 am

Kate Starbird, a University of Washington assistant professor in the Department of Human Centered Design & Engineering, with a domain network graph she developed looking at tweets relating to 2016 shootings. (Ken Lambert/The Seattle Times)

A University of Washington professor started studying social networks to help people respond to disasters. But she got dragged down a rabbit hole of twitter-boosted conspiracy theories, and ended up mapping our political moment.

It started with the Boston marathon bombing, four years ago. University of Washington professor Kate Starbird was sifting through thousands of tweets sent in the aftermath and noticed something strange.

Too strange for a university professor to take seriously.

“There was a significant volume of social-media traffic that blamed the Navy SEALs for the bombing,” Starbird told me the other day in her office. “It was real tinfoil-hat stuff. So we ignored it.”

Same thing after the mass shooting that killed nine at Umpqua Community College in Oregon: a burst of social-media activity calling the massacre a fake, a stage play by “crisis actors” for political purposes.

“After every mass shooting, dozens of them, there would be these strange clusters of activity,” Starbird says. “It was so fringe we kind of laughed at it.

“That was a terrible mistake. We should have been studying it.”

Starbird is in the field of “crisis informatics,” or how information flows after a disaster. She got into it to see how social media might be used for the public good, such as to aid emergency responders.

Instead she’s gone down a dark rabbit hole, one that wends through the back warrens of the web and all the way up to the White House.

Starbird argues in a new paper, set to be presented at a computational social-science conference in May, that these “strange clusters” of wild conspiracy talk, when mapped, point to an emerging alternative media ecosystem on the web of surprising power and reach.

It features sites such as Infowars.com, hosted by informal President Donald Trump adviser Alex Jones, which has pushed a range of conspiracies, including that the Sandy Hook school shooting was a staged fake.
ADVERTISING

There are dozens of other conspiracy-propagating websites such as beforeitsnews.com, nodisinfo.com and veteranstoday.com. Starbird cataloged 81 of them, linked through a huge community of interest connected by shared followers on Twitter, with many of the tweets replicated by automated bots.

Infowars.com alone is roughly equivalent in visitors and page views to the Chicago Tribune, according to Alexa.com, the web-traffic analysis firm.

“More people are dipping into this stuff than I ever imagined,” Starbird says.

Starbird is in the UW’s Department of Human Centered Design & Engineering — the study of the ways people and technology interact. Her team analyzed 58 million tweets sent after mass shootings during a 10-month period. They searched for terms such as “false flag” and “crisis actor,” web slang meaning a shooting is not what the government or the traditional media is reporting it to be.

It happens after every mass shooting or attack. If you search for “false flag” and “Westminster,” you’ll find thousands of results theorizing that last week’s attack outside British Parliament was staged (presumably to bring down Brexit, which makes no sense, but making sense is not a prerequisite).

Starbird’s insight was to map the digital connections between all this buzzing on Twitter with a conglomeration of websites. Then she analyzed the content of each site to try to answer the question: Just what is this alternative media ecosystem saying?

It isn’t a traditional left-right political axis, she found. There are right-wing sites like Danger & Play and left-wing sensationalizers such as The Free Thought Project. Some appear to be just trying to make money, while others are aggressively pushing political agendas.

The true common denominator, she found, is anti-globalism — deep suspicion of free trade, multinational business and global institutions.

“To be antiglobalist often included being anti-mainstream media, anti-immigration, anti-science, anti-U.S. government, and anti-European Union,” Starbird says.

So it was like the mind of Stephen Bannon, chief adviser to Trump, spilled across the back channels of the web.

Much of it was strangely pro-Russian, too — perhaps due to Russian twitter bots that bombarded social channels during the presidential campaign (a phenomenon that’s now part of the FBI investigation into the election, McClatchy reported last week).

The mainstream press periodically waded into this swamp, but it only backfired. Its occasional fact checks got circulated as further evidence: If the media is trying to debunk it, then the conspiracy must be true.

Starbird is publishing her paper as a sort of warning. The information networks we’ve built are almost perfectly designed to exploit psychological vulnerabilities to rumor.

“Your brain tells you ‘Hey, I got this from three different sources,’ ” she says. “But you don’t realize it all traces back to the same place, and might have even reached you via bots posing as real people. If we think of this as a virus, I wouldn’t know how to vaccinate for it.”

Starbird says she’s concluded, provocatively, that we may be headed toward “the menace of unreality — which is that nobody believes anything anymore.” Alex Jones, she says, is “a kind of prophet. There really is an information war for your mind. And we’re losing it.”

I sat dumbfounded for a time as she spooled through tweets in her database: an archive of endless, baseless speculation that nevertheless is evidence of a political revolution. It should be unnecessary to say, but real humans died in these shootings. How disgustingly cruel it is to the survivors to have the stories of those deaths altered and twisted for commercial or ideological ends.

Starbird sighed. “I used to be a techno-utopian. Now I can’t believe that I’m sitting here talking to you about all this.”

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new ... losing-it/

Examining the Alternative Media Ecosystem through the Production of Alternative Narratives of Mass Shooting Events on Twitter
Kate Starbird, University of Washington, HCDE
http://faculty.washington.edu/kstarbi/A ... aReady.pdf
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby brekin » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:37 pm

The true common denominator, she found, is anti-globalism — deep suspicion of free trade, multinational business and global institutions.
“To be antiglobalist often included being anti-mainstream media, anti-immigration, anti-science, anti-U.S. government, and anti-European Union,” Starbird says.
So it was like the mind of Stephen Bannon, chief adviser to Trump, spilled across the back channels of the web.
Much of it was strangely pro-Russian, too — perhaps due to Russian twitter bots that bombarded social channels during the presidential campaign (a phenomenon that’s now part of the FBI investigation into the election, McClatchy reported last week).
The mainstream press periodically waded into this swamp, but it only backfired. Its occasional fact checks got circulated as further evidence: If the media is trying to debunk it, then the conspiracy must be true.
Starbird is publishing her paper as a sort of warning. The information networks we’ve built are almost perfectly designed to exploit psychological vulnerabilities to rumor.

“Your brain tells you ‘Hey, I got this from three different sources,’ ” she says. “But you don’t realize it all traces back to the same place, and might have even reached you via bots posing as real people. If we think of this as a virus, I wouldn’t know how to vaccinate for it.”
Starbird says she’s concluded, provocatively, that we may be headed toward “the menace of unreality — which is that nobody believes anything anymore.” Alex Jones, she says, is “a kind of prophet. There really is an information war for your mind. And we’re losing it.”

ImageImage
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby elfismiles » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:20 am

Mass Spree Shootings vs 'old-school' "Going Postal" workplace revenge shootings vs Workplace Suicides vs Domestic Mass Murder/Suicide... ?

3 recent cases involving murder / gun-violence that may illustrate the distinctions between these examples and "typical" Spree-Killings induced by suicidal ideation turned outwards. Or maybe not.

Regardless, likely innocent people killing themselves and others for no good reason.

Former Austin police chief Art Acevedo (past 'frequent' guest on Alex Jones' show) at his new Houston job, uses "unfortunate" hand-gesture during press conference over suicide...

Houston police sergeant kills himself inside HPD station
21-year veteran was 'a great human being,' chief says
By St. John Barned-Smith, Andrew Kragie, and Marialuisa Rincon Updated 6:40 pm, Friday, March 31, 2017
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 041033.php

The sergeant's body wasn't discovered in the station for 24 hours?!?

Note: facebook user "Corrupt Frisco Texas Cops" stated on April 4 at 11:48am ·
"@houstonpolice sergeant who killed himself at station was being investigated for rigging tickets."
https://www.facebook.com/FriscoTXPD/pos ... 6827761277
... but since they've not ID'd him I'm wondering how this person knows this or if they are confusing him with another officer mentioned later in the article.

Article states...
The death is not the first to touch Westside Patrol in recent years.
Two years ago, 47-year-old Officer Richard Martin died after a man fleeing police rammed him as he lay a set of strip spikes on the road. Then, a week later, another Westside officer, Jason E. Angeli, 38, shot himself in his car.
Prior to those two deaths, the most recent known suicide by a Houston Police Department officer came in August 2014 when 21-year veteran Rudolph Farias III, under investigation in a ticket-rigging scam, fatally shot himself in a patrol car in a downtown police parking garage.

"More law enforcement officers die each year by suicide than in the line of duty, according to the International Association of Chiefs of Police."
http://www.theiacp.org/Preventing-law-E ... er-suicide

. . .

HPD: Woman shoots 4 people in 2 cities before killing herself
Michelle Homer and Tim Wetzel, KHOU 6:24 PM. CDT April 07, 2017 ...
HPD Sgt. Bill Elsbury said the suspect's children were inside that home but they weren't harmed. Later ... Carolyn Jean Holmes, 48, was found shot to death in her Fresno home.
http://www.khou.com/news/crime/fbcso-wo ... /429534637

. . .

Two dead, one wounded after gunman opens fire at Shops at Merrick Park
APRIL 8, 2017 1:29 PM
A gunman opened fire inside the Equinox fitness center at the Shops at Merrick Park early afternoon Saturday, leaving two dead and one person wounded at the upscale Coral Gables mall anchored by Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom, police said. Al Diaz The Miami Herald
BY DAVID J. NEAL, CHARLES RABIN, MIMI WHITEFIELD AND PATRICIA MAZZEI
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 19519.html

Another man who was at the gym when the gunfire rang out and knew the shooter said Wilson was a “nice guy, quiet. He’s not a crazy guy. This wasn’t someone who decided to kill a bunch of people.

“There was a dance class of 40 people if he wanted to do that,” the man said, referring to a cardio dance class under way during the shooting. “This was personal.”
elfismiles

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:34 pm

"Who's got the best abs now, bitch?"
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:44 pm

8 people injured in mass shooting at University City pool; gunman killed by police
POSTED 6:46 PM, APRIL 30, 2017, BY FOX 5 DIGITAL TEAM, UPDATED AT 08:35PM, APRIL 30, 2017
http://fox5sandiego.com/2017/04/30/poli ... been-shot/
elfismiles

Postby JackRiddler » Mon May 01, 2017 12:45 am

Starbird argues in a new paper, set to be presented at a computational social-science conference in May, that these “strange clusters” of wild conspiracy talk, when mapped, point to an emerging alternative media ecosystem on the web of surprising power and reach.

Oh for fuck's sake, it's like she discovered the Internet yesterday. Welcome to 1997!

Anti-globalism = "anti-science" = Alex Jones = "fake news" as the WaPo would define it. So that globalism is science is whatever AJ doesn't believe is "real news" = corporate media as truth? Those are your choices! AJ or CNN? Breitbart or WaPo? Trump or Clinton?

What good is the accumulated data when the underlying paradigm and its definitions are so useless?

We need a new term for totalitarian or at any rate total-package thinking when there are two brands of it aggressively competing with each other.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby SonicG » Mon May 01, 2017 6:13 am

elfismiles » Mon May 01, 2017 10:44 am wrote:8 people injured in mass shooting at University City pool; gunman killed by police
POSTED 6:46 PM, APRIL 30, 2017, BY FOX 5 DIGITAL TEAM, UPDATED AT 08:35PM, APRIL 30, 2017
http://fox5sandiego.com/2017/04/30/poli ... been-shot/

Fucking hell...er, helter skelter...I lived in that area during high school...
“He had his beer in one hand and his gun in the other,”
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon May 01, 2017 2:07 pm

One woman was killed was the latest I have heard. No really a spree-shooting with more than one victim in more than one location.

Sounds like a hate crime, perhaps carried out by a misogynist.
Iamwhomiam

Postby elfismiles » Mon May 01, 2017 4:16 pm

WATCH LIVE:
NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth-3 hours ago
Live video from Texas Sky Ranger will appear in the player above. ... A Dallas Fire-Rescue paramedic is in critical condition after being shot ...
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Dallas ... 11734.html

Dallas EMT & Civilian Wounded In East Dallas Shooting
CBS DFW-1 hour ago

Suspect on the loose in Dallas after shooting paramedic, police say
KTRK-TV-2 hours ago

Firefighter, civilian shot in Dallas; search underway for suspect
KHOU-1 hour ago

Firefighter, civilian shot in East Dallas; search underway for suspect
Highly Cited-WFAA-2 hours ago

Dallas Police Looking for Active Shooter In Old East Dallas ...
Local Source-Dallas Observer-1 hour ago
http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/dall ... as-9424082
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Mon May 29, 2017 2:15 am

Mississippi Shooting Spree Kills 8, Including Sheriff's Deputy
May 28, 20174:30 PM ET
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... ffs-deputy
A sheriff's deputy and seven other people were killed in an overnight shooting spree in Lincoln County, Miss., and the suspect is in custody.

The rampage happened at three separate locations in the county, according to a statement from the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation carried by The Associated Press and Reuters.

A photo released by the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation shows Willie Corey Godbolt, a suspect in connection with several fatal shootings in Lincoln County, Miss.
AP
The suspect, identified as 35-year-old Willie Corey Godbolt, was apprehended and moved to a hospital to receive treatment for a gunshot wound. Authorities did not explain how he sustained it.

It's not clear what the relationship is between Godbolt and the victims, and authorities have not suggested a motive. But a video published by The Clarion-Ledger, which shows Godbolt talking to a reporter, suggested the killings happened during a family dispute.

Godbolt, sitting on the street with his hands cuffed behind his back, said he had been involved in a discussion with his wife and her family about their children. "I was having a conversation with her stepdaddy and her mama and her, my wife, about me taking my children home," he said.

He said that he was sorry that the sheriff's deputy died, blaming the people who called law enforcement. "My pain wasn't designed for him," he said. "He was just there."

Godbolt added that he wanted to die. "My intentions was to have God kill me. I ran out of bullets," he said. "Suicide by cop was my intention. I ain't fit to live, not after what I've done."

Mississippi Bureau of Investigation's Warren Strain described how the events unfolded in an emailed statement to NPR:

"The sheriff's deputy, identified as William Durr, was fatally shot after responding to an emergency call regarding a domestic dispute late on Saturday night at a house in Bogue Chitto, a small community about 69 miles south of Jackson, the state capital.
"Godbolt also killed three females at the house, Strain said, before heading to another residence in the nearby city of Brookhaven and fatally shooting two boys, Strain said. He then headed to a third address to kill a male and a female victim. Except for the deputy, the victims have not been identified."
Durr had a wife and 11-year-old son, and was training to participate in the Drug Abuse Resistance Education program in local schools, according to The Daily Leader.

In a statement, Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant described the incident as a "senseless tragedy."

"Every day, the men and women who wear the badge make some measure of sacrifice to protect and serve their communities," Bryant said. "Too often, we lose one of our finest."

mississippi

elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:03 pm

Gunman Opens Fire in New Mexico Library
Two library employees killed; four wounded in shooting
By Phil Morehart | August 29, 2017

Updated August 29, 2:43 p.m.

Two people are dead and four wounded after a gunman opened fire inside Clovis-Carver Public Library in Clovis, New Mexico, on August 28.

The gunman entered the library at approximately 4 p.m. and began shooting. According to news reports, police arrived at the library only minutes later and took the suspect into custody without force.

The names of the victims have not been released, but Eastern New Mexico News has identified the two killed as library employees Krissie Carter and Wanda Walters. Eastern New Mexico News also identified the gunman as Nathaniel Jouett, a sophomore at Clovis High School. Among those wounded was a 10-year-old boy and his older sister, Reuters reports.

American Library Association (ALA) President Jim Neal issued a statement August 29: “We mourn those who were killed, and we offer our thoughts and prayers for the wounded, the families of the victims, library staff, and the community. ALA offers its full support to Clovis-Carver Public Library, the New Mexico Library Association, and the New Mexico State Library as they deal with this senseless violence.”

“Libraries are places where the community gathers, where we connect and feel a sense of safety,” says Public Library Association President Pam Sandlian-Smith. “We send our heartfelt condolences to the Clovis community and library.”

Officials have not released a motive for the shooting. On Tuesday, Jouett’s pastor, David Stevens, told Eastern New Mexico News that the teen had been suicidal.

https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/b ... o-library/
elfismiles

Postby SonicG » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:58 am

MAGA will not touch the problem pointed out in this article...I will say that I would love for the NFL boycott to pick up actual traction...Not that it will magically solve the dual-edged NFL legacy of domestic violence and long-term brain damage but neither will border walls, immigration bans...trade tariffs...America, look within, methinks it might be too late, too late..

What The 2 Deadliest Mass Shootings This Year Have In Common

It was supposed to be a fun gathering.

On Sunday, 27-year-old Meredith Hight invited a group of friends over to her house in Plano, Texas, to watch football and grill. A few months earlier, she had filed for divorce from her husband, and she was looking forward to new beginnings.

“She was a cook, and a quite fine one, and she loved hosting friends and families,” her mother, Debbie Lane, told Dallas-based WFAA. “This was her first opportunity to do it after the divorce, and he didn’t take it well.” Lane said he killed her daughter when he opened fire on the party.

Plano police were called to the house around 8 p.m. local time after reports of gunshots. When they arrived, they found seven people fatally shot and two others injured. One person died later in the hospital. Hight’s estranged husband, Spencer Hight, 32, was killed by an officer at the scene, bringing the death toll to nine. All the victims were in their mid-20s to early 30s.

The Plano incident ranks as the deadliest mass shooting of the year, matched only by another domestic violence shooting that occurred over the Memorial Day weekend. Neither crime received sustained media attention, despite the death tolls.
In May, Sheena Godbolt was at her mother’s house in rural Mississippi, also having a cookout and enjoying time with her family. She had left her husband, Willie Cory Godbolt, a few weeks earlier. He showed up at the house, and allegedly opened fire, killing her mother, her older sister and aunt, and a deputy who responded to the scene. He then drove to two other houses where he allegedly killed other members of his wife’s family. By the end of the night, eight people were dead. He is currently awaiting trial.

It is not a coincidence that 2017′s two deadliest shootings involved men targeting their wives. According to research collected by Everytown for Gun Safety, a majority of mass shootings ― defined as incidents where at least four people are killed, not including the perpetrator ― involve domestic violence. Between 2009 and 2016, in 54 percent of mass shootings the perpetrator shot a current or former intimate partner or family member.

Everytown has also found that in nearly half of these cases, the perpetrator exhibited warning signs before the shooting, such as threats of violence, violations of protective orders, or evidence of ongoing substance abuse.

It is too soon to know whether the Plano shooting was preceded by warning signs, but in the Mississippi case, Godbolt had been accused of domestic violence in the past, and was previously subject to a restraining order.

“American gun violence is inextricably linked to domestic violence: More than half of American women killed with guns are killed by their current or former partner,” said Sarah Tofte, director of research and implementation at Everytown. “Anyone who cares about domestic violence should care about disarming abusers.”

So far this year, at least seven mass shootings have occurred in the U.S, according to Everytown. At least five involved domestic violence, the group says. Still, these incidents often fail to receive widespread media attention, despite their prevalence. Unless the shooter is targeting random people or is believed to be motivated by terrorism, they go virtually uncovered. As of Tuesday afternoon, the three major cable news networks had made no mention on air of the shooting in Plano.
“We’ve never had a shooting of this magnitude, never seen this many victims before,” Rushin said Monday. “It’s just a terrible event, and our hearts go out to the families and loved ones.”

This article has been updated with information on the victims in Plano, Texas.

______

Melissa Jeltsen covers domestic violence and issues related to women’s health, safety and security
https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-deadliest- ... 56136.html

"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby elfismiles » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:45 am

"unrestricted paroxysm"

Tennessee church shooter admits to crime as bizarre Facebook posts surface
Fox News

Sudanese immigrant arrested after killing one and injuring seven; Jonathan Serrie reports from Antioch
Tennessee church usher hailed a hero for stopping shooter

Sudanese immigrant arrested after killing one and injuring seven; Jonathan Serrie reports from Antioch

A Sudanese immigrant admitted to being the triggerman who killed one parishioner and seriously injured seven others Sunday at a Nashville-area church, according to a police affidavit ahead of his first court appearance.

Emanuel Kidega Samson, of La Vergne, told cops during an interview that he “fired upon the church building” after arriving there with a handgun, the Tennessean reported, citing the affidavit.

Samson, who was been charged with one count of murder and is likely to face other charges, will appear in Davidson County General Sessions court Wednesday and is being held at a county jail without bond.

His admission comes as police are searching for a motive for the shooting at the Burnette Chapel Church of Christ in Antioch. Samson, 25, purportedly posted several cryptic messages on his Facebook page in the days leading up to the attack.

Photos from a Facebook page under Samson's name seemed to show him lifting weights and showing off his physique, with the words "unrestricted paroxysm” underneath, meaning a sudden attack or violent expression of emotion, the Tennessean reported.

A post earlier Sunday read: "Everything you've ever doubted or made to be believe as false, is real. & vice versa, B." Another post read, "Become the creator instead of what's created. What you say, goes."

Police have not yet commented on the posts.

When he entered the church Sunday, Samson brought in a .40-caliber handgun and a 9mm handgun, according to the Tennessean. Police said during a press conference Monday that Samson also had an unloaded semi-automatic AR-15 rifle, as well as another handgun, but found no ammunition for the rifle.

Authorities said Samson was previously employed as a licensed unarmed security guard, and took a class on Friday to renew that license.

"The Memphis FBI Field Office's Nashville Resident Agency, the Civil Rights Division, and the US Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Tennessee have opened a civil rights investigation into the shooting at the Burnette Chapel Church of Christ in Antioch, Tennessee. The FBI will collect all available facts and evidence," FBI Memphis told Fox News on Sunday.

Witnesses told police that they heard gunshots from the church’s parking lot moments after Samson entered the building.

The pastor shouted "Run, run, gunshots!" and congregants hid under pews or in bathrooms, The Associated Press reported.

Burnette Chapel Church of Christ member Minerva Rosa said members were talking about the success of their yard sale the previous day when they heard gunshots. The church pastor, David Spann, 60, then shouted for everyone to run, according to a witness.

Samson entered the church from the back after fatally shooting a woman outside, police said. He then walked through the church silently, shooting six more people before an usher subdued him, police said. Police later recovered another pistol and a shotgun from the suspect's vehicle.

Rosa said the reading that day had been from Luke, Chapter 8, and she recalled the part about a woman who touched Jesus and was cured of bleeding.

By the end of the shooting, she was on her knees, her dress stained with blood, putting pressure on the gunshot wound in Pastor Spann's chest. She and others got on their phones to call 911.

Another church member, a 22-year-old usher named Robert Engle, tackled the gunman and suffered injuries when he was pistol whipped. In the struggle, the shooter shot himself, although it wasn't clear if it was on purpose or an accident. Engle retrieved his own gun from his car and held the man until police arrived, police said.

"He's amazing," Rosa told reporters about Engle. "Without him I think it could be worse. He was the hero today."

Church members told investigators Samson had attended services a year or two ago, said Don Aaron, a spokesman for the Metro Nashville Police Department.

The gunman pulled into the church's parking lot as services were ending. Melanie Smith, 39, of Smyrna, Tennessee, was killed when the shooter opened fire in the parking lot. Spann's wife, Peggy, 65, was also shot as well as William and Marlene Jenkins, 83 and 84 respectively, Linda Bush, 68, and Katherine Dickerson, 64. Police said none of the surviving victims suffered life-threatening injuries.

Dickerson was released from the hospital on Monday. The five other victims remained in the hospital.

Aaron called Engle "an extraordinarily brave individual."

But in a statement Engle said he did not want to be labeled a hero.

"The real heroes are the police, first responders and medical staff and doctors who have helped me and everyone affected." Engle asked for prayers for all those injured as well as the shooter.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/25/te ... rface.html
elfismiles

Postby stefano » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Soon, every American is going to be getting a piece of the crisis acting action.

Three people were shot and killed Tuesday when a shooter opened fire near a Northern California elementary school, authorities said.

The shooting was reported near Rancho Tehama Elementary school as some parents were dropping off their children. The shooter was killed by police officers after he also wounded children at the school, however, it was unclear if the shooting happened on school ground.

It was also not immediately known if the shooter was counted among the people killed.

Coy Ferreira told KRCR he was dropping off his daughter at the school just before 8 a.m. when he heard a firecracker-like sound. The school’s secretary then ran out and told children to go inside because there was an active shooter, he said, adding that he ended up in a classroom with 14 students. Ferreira said he witnessed a boy being struck by bullets.

Jeanine Quist, an administrative assistant with the Corning Union Elementary School District, said no one was killed at the school but a "number" of students were shot and wounded.
stefano

Postby elfismiles » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:03 pm

fuck fuck fuckity fuck :wallhead: :mad2

stefano » 14 Nov 2017 19:04 wrote:Soon, every American is going to be getting a piece of the crisis acting action.

Three people were shot and killed Tuesday when a shooter opened fire near a Northern California elementary school, authorities said.

The shooting was reported near Rancho Tehama Elementary school as some parents were dropping off their children. The shooter was killed by police officers after he also wounded children at the school, however, it was unclear if the shooting happened on school ground.

It was also not immediately known if the shooter was counted among the people killed.

Coy Ferreira told KRCR he was dropping off his daughter at the school just before 8 a.m. when he heard a firecracker-like sound. The school’s secretary then ran out and told children to go inside because there was an active shooter, he said, adding that he ended up in a classroom with 14 students. Ferreira said he witnessed a boy being struck by bullets.

Jeanine Quist, an administrative assistant with the Corning Union Elementary School District, said no one was killed at the school but a "number" of students were shot and wounded.
elfismiles

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion