Spree-Killings Master Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Spree-Killings Master Thread

Postby elfismiles » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:20 pm

ACTIVE SHOOTER reports at San Diego Naval Medical center...

live coverage from Faux news:
http://fox61.com/2016/01/26/active-shoo ... san-diego/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:07 pm

Another Naval Center shooting?

The Center advised occupants to "run, hide, or fight".
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Luther Blissett » 26 Jan 2016 18:07 wrote:Another Naval Center shooting?

The Center advised occupants to "run, hide, or fight".

No signs of a shooting at San Diego medical center, Navy commander says

Active shooter reported at San Diego Navy medical center

An active shooter has been reported at the Naval Medical Center San Diego, where occupants were advised to “run, hide or fight.”
By Veronica Rocha and Joseph Serna•Contact Reporters
January 26, 2016, 11:08 AM

No sign of casualties or other evidence of a shooting have been found in a sweep of the Naval Medical Center San Diego, authorities said Tuesday.

There is "nothing which substantiates" reports of a shooting, said Navy Capt. Curt Jones, commanding officer of Naval base San Diego.

Reports of a possible active shooter around 8:22 a.m. caused the medical center to issue an alert telling hospital occupants to “run, hide or fight.”

“Apparently someone said they heard three shots in the basement of Building 26. Maybe they did or not is not the point; that’s what they reported, so that’s why we responded accordingly,” said Jon Nylander, Navy spokesman. “We haven’t gotten any reports of any injuries.”

The Naval Base San Diego alerted personnel to reports of an active shooter via Facebook, and advised all non-emergency personnel to stay away from the compound in the 34800 block of Bob Wilson Drive.

Naval Medical Center

“An active shooter has just been been reported in building #26 at Naval Medical Center San Diego. All occupants are advised to run, hide or fight,” the hospital wrote.

“If you are in the vicinity, shelter in place. If in immediate danger, hide or seek shelter in secure space. Barricade the door and dial 911. Silence phones and other devices. Stay away from doors and windows. Remain calm and quiet.”

Law enforcement also began searching the hospital with a K9 unit, according to Nylander, as part of a “top down” search of the building. The basement of the building is a combination gym and barracks, he said.

U.S. marshals, the Chula Vista Police Department and the California Highway Patrol are assisting, authorities said.

The medical center posted an update shortly after 9 a.m. saying that all childcare facilities were secured:

"For all concerned, the childcare facilities at NMC are currently secured. All children are accounted for and safe. The entire complex is secured, there is no access to the facilities at this time. "

The Navy Medical Center San Diego comprises more than 400 physicians, 760 registered nurses and thousands of civilian and military personnel. The 272-bed facility offers medical care to active duty members and their families from Miramar to El Centro.

Located at the southeast corner of Balboa Park, the hospital has a dental clinic for active duty service members, a virtual reality lab for post-traumatic stress syndrome treatment and recreational facilities.

The facility boasts the only U.S. Navy medicine amputee center in the Western Pacific.

The hospital can treat more than 250,000 San Diego residents.

Three San Diego Unified schools were temporarily placed on lockdown “as a precaution,” the district announced on Twitter.

Roosevelt Middle School and San Diego and Garfield high schools were all locked down and “students, staff are safe,” the district said.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Also this weekend...

Roswell Police: Quintuple murder suspect possibly apprehended in Mexico
Roswell man accused in death of wife, 4 daughters in custody
(VIDEO)
By KRQE News 13 Published: June 12, 2016, 9:09 am Updated: June 13, 2016, 10:26 am
http://krqe.com/2016/06/12/roswell-poli ... in-mexico/
elfismiles

Postby American Dream » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:18 am

RACIAL DOUBLE STANDARDS IN A MASS SHOOTING THREAT CASE: DAVID LENIO & WHITE NATIONALISM

By Jonathan Hutson, on June 1, 2016

When I worked for a gun violence prevention organization in 2015, I often spent time on Twitter as part of my job.1 And that’s what I was doing on Valentine’s Day 2015: tweeting worldwide news2 about two deadly shootings in Copenhagen, Denmark. One of the shootings was at a free speech event in a café and the other was at a local synagogue, both following the publication of controversial cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammed.3 My tweets drew the attention of a Holocaust denier who, I subsequently learned, was also a White nationalist who owned three guns and lived on the outskirts of a White separatist community in Montana. His online interactions with me over the next few hours led me to discover that one day before, and episodically over the previous seven weeks, he had tweeted threats to shoot grade school children and Jewish leaders.4 During our encounter, he repeated some of these threats, specifying that he wanted to “put two in the head of a rabbi.” I reported him to the FBI and to local law enforcement as a potential mass shooting threat who also appeared to be planning a suicide-by-cop scenario.5 (Apparently referring to how some mass shooters have been killed by police, the man tweeted his desire to massacre school children “until cops take me out.”6) “Thank God Monday is a holiday,” one officer in Montana later told me, “because we have another 24 hours to catch him before the schools open.” And catch him they did. Two days after our Twitter encounter, police arrested David Joseph Lenio, a 28-year-old who had recently moved to Kalispell, Montana, from his parents’ home in Grand Rapids, Michigan.7

This essay explores two journeys. One is that of a wealthy and privileged young man who sought a White supremacist “homeland,” but ended up taking a detour through the criminal justice system, before being released this spring without bail and without facing prosecution. The other journey is my own: the story of what happened after our paths crossed and what I learned from our respective involvements in the judicial system and what those experiences say about the state of race and justice in the United States.

I didn’t know it then, but getting involved in Lenio’s case would change my life and inform the national conversation about how to detect and deter online threats of mass violence.8 From this relatively front row seat to the legal process, I would come to witness what many communities of color already have intimate knowledge of—the structural disparities in the U.S. criminal justice system. While people of color and Muslims encounter many “on-ramps” into the system, a White mass shooting threat suspect instead found numerous easy exits and “Get Out of Jail Free” cards.9 The case would come to illustrate the kind of disparate prosecution of far-right terrorism cases which Naomi Braine has detailed in these pages, writing in the Spring 2015 issue of The Public Eye that:

The differential treatment of Islamic and far-right terrorism cases only becomes explicable through the lens of political calculation. The Right Wing is an entrenched element of the U.S. cultural and political power structure, raising the costs of high profile law enforcement action. The primary targets of federal anti-terrorism investigations have been Muslim men defined by their vulnerability rather than their power.

Perhaps law enforcement obtains more convictions of Muslims because the FBI focuses on Muslim communities, and constructs scenarios to entrap their members, while simultaneously failing to act promptly on information about possible terror threats from the Right until their militant actions become all but impossible to ignore.

Continues at: http://www.politicalresearch.org/2016/0 ... tionalism/

elfismiles » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:47 pm wrote:Not sure if I should put this in another or its own thread ... maybe a "Shooting Sprees that Didn't Happen" thread or ... idiots who shore up the "crazy conspiracy theorist" or "racist conspiracy theorist" memes.

How a Father With a Twitter Account Stopped a White Supremacist Terrorist from Shooting a Bunch of School Kids
9/11 truther spewed terrifying and hateful threats, and one dad could not let it go.

By Paul Rosenberg / Salon
March 2, 2015
http://www.alternet.org/media/how-fathe ... chool-kids

... the below is linked from the article as an example of the guy's 911 theories ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqQVjKmOZY4

Uploaded on Sep 11, 2011
http://www.PsychicDogTalk.com
This 90 minute video investigation into who really did 9/11 focuses on video evidence from mainstream media news networks and looks back at different politicians caught on tape from the perspective of a 9/11
American Dream

Postby elfismiles » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:00 pm

Police shoot dead masked man who took hostages in German cinema

By Ralf Banser
June 23, 2016

VIERNHEIM, Germany (Reuters) - A masked man took hostages at a cinema in western Germany on Thursday before police stormed the complex and shot him dead, police said.

No other people were injured, a police spokesman said.

The attacker, who carried a rifle or "long gun", acted alone and appeared to have been a "disturbed man", the interior minister of Hesse state, Peter Beuth, told the regional parliament.

Police had not identified the man or established his motive, spokesman Bernd Hochstaedter said, adding that nothing immediately pointed to him having a militant background.

German television showed pictures of heavily-armed police, wearing helmets and body armor, storming the Kinopolis complex in Viernheim, south of Frankfurt, and a couple fleeing the building.

Cinema employee Guri Blakaj told Reuters the gunman, who appeared to be aged between 18 and 25 and was about 1.7 meters tall, entered the cinema at around 3 p.m. and told workers to get into an office.

He then went into a cinema theater. Blakaj, who said there were about six workers and 30 cinemagoers in the building, then heard shots fired.

Police special forces stormed the building and shot him.

There was still a heavy police presence at the scene into the late afternoon, and a helicopter circled overhead.

(Additional reporting by Madeline Chambers, Michael Nienaber and Sabine Siebold; Editing by Andrew Roche)

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/armed-man-ope ... 55941.html
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:35 am

Andrews Air Force base on lockdown due to report of active shooter
By Washington Post Staff June 30 at 9:25 AM

The incident is ongoing at the Malcolm Grow Medical Facility, the base said on its official Twitter account. First responders are on-scene now.

All personnel have been directed to shelter in place.
This is a developing story. It will be updated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/loc ... e-shooter/

ETA / FLASHBACK:

Andrews Air Force base goes into lockdown after bomb scare
By Barbara Starr, Pamela Brown and Shimon Prokupecz, CNN
Updated 7:52 PM ET, Thu May 12, 2016
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/12/politics/ ... ity-alert/
elfismiles

Postby SonicG » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:48 am

I was gonna look for that Emily Litella jpeg....

Active Shooter Report at Joint Base Andrews Called Unfounded

Base had planned active shooter exercise for 9 a.m.; during exercise, first responders received report of active shooter

Reports of an active shooter at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland have been deemed unfounded after someone mistook an active shooter drill for the real thing, NBC News reports.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local ... 27091.html
More at the link, but there was this also:

Vice President Joe Biden was scheduled to fly out of Joint Base Andrews Thursday morning for an event in Ohio, his office confirmed. Biden is currently being held at the Naval Observatory.
Last month, Joint Base Andrews was placed on lockdown after a woman walked onto the base and claimed she had a bomb.
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Interesting story, SMiles. This is from last November:

White Banker’s Son Threatens to Shoot School Kids and Jews, Gets ‘Get Outta Jail Free’ Card

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-hutson/white-bankers-son-threate_b_8579146.html

Kyle Huff also hailed from the Kalispell area, Whitefish.
Iamwhomiam

Postby elfismiles » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:07 pm

Whoops!

Security forces inspection sparked shooter scare at Andrews
Stephen Losey, Air Force Times 2:55 p.m. EDT June 30, 2016

A security forces team conducting a routine inspection of a medical facility at Joint Base Andrews was mistakenly called in as an active shooter Thursday morning, sparking a base lockdown.

In Facebook and Twitter posts, Andrews said that the report of an active shooter, which was called in to the base defense operations center at about 9 a.m., was a "misidentification" of security forces at Malcolm Grow Medical Clinics and Surgery Center. The base had been planning to hold a no-notice active shooter exercise on the other side of the base later that morning, but the security forces inspection and its misidentification was unrelated to that planned drill.

MORE HERE:
http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/brea ... /86546734/
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:13 pm

Yeah, that is seriously f'd up ... I see AD also posted about that upthread. Crazy time :wallhead:

Iamwhomiam » 30 Jun 2016 16:47 wrote:Interesting story, SMiles. This is from last November:

White Banker’s Son Threatens to Shoot School Kids and Jews, Gets ‘Get Outta Jail Free’ Card

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-hutson/white-bankers-son-threate_b_8579146.html

Kyle Huff also hailed from the Kalispell area, Whitefish.
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:25 pm

can't believe how fucked up things are getting with this phenomenon...

Jul 22, 2:20 PM EDT
Police: 'Several dead and wounded' in Munich mall shooting
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/ ... H_SHOOTING
elfismiles

Postby Elihu » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:33 pm

a thread coming into its own
Elihu

Postby 82_28 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:24 am

Our friend Nordic who will be coming back on Sunday just sent me this over FB.

Local reporter Richard Gutjahr described the scene at the shopping center as something "out of a bad movie," with the shopping center completely surrounded by police, a helicopter overhead, and police carrying semi-automatic rifles. Gutjahr was not able to confirm reports of deaths or injuries.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... pping-mall
Richard Gutjahr who filmed the Nice France Bastille Day Staged attack is married to Mossad agent and Knesset member Einat Wilf. To quote Mossad agent Richard Gutjahr this video is like something "out of a bad movie"

Perhaps a new thread is in order.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby elfismiles » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:38 am

Thanks 8228.

I knew there'd be a specific thread made for this "latest" (is it anymore ? - sadly, there's probably already been another) - was just doing my own "drive-by" ... figuring someone else'd take up the effort to start the new thread.

It's all just too much ... ONE of these events is too much.

[quote="82_28 » 23 Jul 2016 04:24"

Perhaps a new thread is in order.[/quote]
elfismiles

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion