Spree-Killings Master Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Spree-Killings Master Thread

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:30 pm

For the time being:

CNN: Source: Possible 'manifesto' found in Las Vegas shootings

…The neighbor, Krista Koch, told the station the man also sometimes dressed as Slenderman, a fictional horror character that recently surfaced in the stabbing of a 12-year-old girl in Wisconsin…
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:12 pm

Okay, now I'm officially done with this kind of thing. If I wasn't before.

Breaking News: Gunman at Oregon's Reynolds High School shot and killed a student, police chief says. Gunman also is dead, he says.

Police: Suspected high school shooter dead
By CNN Staff
updated 12:59 PM EDT, Tue June 10, 2014

(CNN) -- Injuries, but no deaths, were reported at the hands of a shooter at a high school near Portland, Oregon, on Tuesday morning, police agencies said.
The suspected shooter, however, is dead, the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office said. It was not immediately clear how the shooter died.
There was only one shooter involved in the incident, police said.
About an hour after the shooting, Oregon State Police said the area was secure and the situation was contained. No one was killed in the shooting, state police spokesman Lt. Greg Hastings said.
The shooting happened at about 8 a.m. (11 a.m. ET) at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, about 12 miles east of Portland, said Sue Strickland of the Troutdale Police Department.
A semi-automatic weapon was involved in the shooting, she said.
Classes were in session at the time, Strickland said. It wasn't clear how many people were injured, and details about what led to the shooting weren't immediately available.
A couple of SWAT teams responded, Strickland said.
CNN first learned of the shooting through reports on Twitter.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby elfismiles » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:36 pm

... and another one today ... :ohno:

Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Vancouver Starbucks-Telus World of Science Shootings

Another shooting has occurred. This one happened in Vancouver, British Columbia. A recent concentration of shootings has occurred in the Pacific Northwest. On Friday, June 6th, there was one at the Seattle Pacific University, and earlier today, June 10th, there was a school shooting in Troutdale, Oregon, near Portland. In Vancouver, specifically, local law enforcement officials noted that today's shootings "followed two other public shootings that injured two people and killed a third since Saturday night."

http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2014/06/telus.html
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby elfismiles » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:14 pm

via fb ...

Naomi Wolf

To be super clear -- I am not asking questions about whether this event and other like it happened. I am calling attention to anomalies in handling -- changes in processing these crises. I keep seeing prosecutors RELEASING DETAILED JOURNALS such as in this case and in the California case -- and RELEASING MEDICAL RECORDS even when the accused (as here) is still alive. This gives a handy anti-second-amendment 'why' to news stories. BUT...aren't medical records covered by HIPAA laws in the US, meaning you CAN'T release them? I could not get the medical records of a prisoner who died in Guantanamo, upon my having submitted a Freedom of Information Act request - the authorities cited their reason as protecting his 'privacy' -- also note -- the kids here were brought out of 'lockdown' with their HANDS BEHIND THEIR HEADS. In other words, there is a continual escalation in the militarization of HOW CIVILIAN POPULATIONS ARE BEING HANDLED during a crisis. I say again: I spent years growing up in Israel where terrorist attacks on schools etc were common and standard practice was to keep everything as normal as possible and to GET EVERYONE OUT OF THERE -- not send out buzzwords like 'shelter in place' and 'lockdown.' I really, really do not like these trends. Again to be super clear: I am calling into question a CHANGE IN HANDLING of crises, not questioning whether the event took place. Though as always a good vet of reported facts is in order. See my blog on naomiwolf.org on the attack on the second amendment with the wave of new bills found by DailyCloudt.com to curtail gun rights...

https://www.facebook.com/naomi.wolf.aut ... 76?fref=nf
elfismiles

Postby Hunter » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:31 pm

elfismiles » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:14 pm wrote:via fb ...

Naomi Wolf

To be super clear -- I am not asking questions about whether this event and other like it happened. I am calling attention to anomalies in handling -- changes in processing these crises. I keep seeing prosecutors RELEASING DETAILED JOURNALS such as in this case and in the California case -- and RELEASING MEDICAL RECORDS even when the accused (as here) is still alive. This gives a handy anti-second-amendment 'why' to news stories. BUT...aren't medical records covered by HIPAA laws in the US, meaning you CAN'T release them? I could not get the medical records of a prisoner who died in Guantanamo, upon my having submitted a Freedom of Information Act request - the authorities cited their reason as protecting his 'privacy' -- also note -- the kids here were brought out of 'lockdown' with their HANDS BEHIND THEIR HEADS. In other words, there is a continual escalation in the militarization of HOW CIVILIAN POPULATIONS ARE BEING HANDLED during a crisis. I say again: I spent years growing up in Israel where terrorist attacks on schools etc were common and standard practice was to keep everything as normal as possible and to GET EVERYONE OUT OF THERE -- not send out buzzwords like 'shelter in place' and 'lockdown.' I really, really do not like these trends. Again to be super clear: I am calling into question a CHANGE IN HANDLING of crises, not questioning whether the event took place. Though as always a good vet of reported facts is in order. See my blog on naomiwolf.org on the attack on the second amendment with the wave of new bills found by DailyCloudt.com to curtail gun rights...

https://www.facebook.com/naomi.wolf.aut ... 76?fref=nf

It is a valid point, in almost every other crime the state is very tight lipped about evidence and keeps things under wraps until after trial but with these cases they release everything within 24 hours and that is what makes it appear to be narrative building. Of course in some cases there is no trial because the perps are dead but that isnt always the case and they proceed in this same manner a lot of times.
Hunter

Postby elfismiles » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:46 pm

True ... except in some of these cases like Newtown, Aurora, and others where the images (even if only video of the alleged perps walking around - not actual vids of victims or the killings) are seemingly actively suppressed.

Hunter » 11 Jun 2014 16:31 wrote:

It is a valid point, in almost every other crime the state is very tight lipped about evidence and keeps things under wraps until after trial but with these cases they release everything within 24 hours and that is what makes it appear to be narrative building. Of course in some cases there is no trial because the perps are dead but that isnt always the case and they proceed in this same manner a lot of times.
elfismiles

Postby Hunter » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:05 pm

elfismiles » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:46 pm wrote:True ... except in some of these cases like Newtown, Aurora, and others where the images (even if only video of the alleged perps walking around - not actual vids of victims or the killings) are seemingly actively suppressed.

Hunter » 11 Jun 2014 16:31 wrote:

There you go, another great point, it is all very selective and strange and the legal process is not supposed to work that way. In one case they release everything in another we get nothing and its all sealed up, I guess we probably know what that is all about.
Hunter

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:39 am

Wow! Media taking Coleman and others claims regarding media-created-mayhem?

In one of the videos the news anchor quotes a victim's family member who says these events should not be used for more gun-control or used for any agenda.

Straight Talk: EDITORIAL
Sun News Network will not use New Brunswick killer's name (VIDEOS)
2:41 pm, June 6th, 2014

Related Videos
Tragedy in Moncton Tragedy in Moncton
Moncton in mourning Moncton in mourning
Keep the killers in the dark Keep the killers in the dark

Related articles
Moncton shooting suspect charged with first-degree murder
Vigil honours slain Mounties
Canada stands with Moncton

EDITORIAL - Sun News Network will not use New Brunswick killer's name
RCMP in Moncton, New Brunswick on June 5, 2014

Credits: MAXIME DELAND/QMI AGENCY
SUN NEWS NETWORK

Wednesday, three RCMP officers were senselessly murdered and two left in critical condition following a shooting in Moncton, New Brunswick.

As the killer is now in custody, the community has turned to mourning the loss of the officers and the families that have been torn apart.

The media, including Sun News Network, has covered this story closely. And now we have made a decision: Sun News Network will not report the name of the killer. We will not show his photo.

When it comes to mass murderers, too often, it is attention and infamy they crave. Luckily, shootings of this nature are rare in Canada.

And in the US, they account for less than one per cent of all gun-related deaths. Far more people have been killed in the bad neighbourhoods of Chicago than were killed in all the mass shootings combined. But these rare incidents are never forgotten. And with the rise of social media, they've become a spectacle.

It's easy to report on the life of the killer, to scour his deranged Facebook page, to speculate about motive, but doing so could actually encourage the perception that his heinous acts are somehow justified.

MORE:
•Killed Mounties 'passionate' about work, received commendations
•Canada stands with Moncton

Following the deadly Newtown, Connecticut shooting in December 2012 that left 26 dead, including 20 children, it was discovered that the perpetrator kept a "score sheet" of previous mass shootings.

Did he hope his name would be placed at the top of the list?

This bizarre act is not uncommon. In fact, experts have found a clear path of influence running through some of the most infamous shooters - from Columbine, to Virginia Tech to the, Colorado Theatre - including explicit reference to previous killing sprees and calls to empower future "celebrities".

Can you see the pattern? The idea is that mass shootings are contagious. Back in 1999, four public health researchers published a famous study titled "Media and Mass Homicides" in the Archives of Suicide Research.

They looked at a number of mass murders in Australia, New Zealand, and Britain and they discovered mass homicides occurred in clusters - not randomly.

Now, with wall-to-wall media coverage of these events, are we feeding future monsters? Are we putting ideas in their heads? When we make the killer's name and face famous, are we setting the stage for future mass killings?

In the media, it's a dilemma. We feel an obligation to tell the public what is going on. Our job is to inform. And like the old saying goes, "if it bleeds, it leads."

Networks care about ratings. But with every mass shooting, we face the inevitable cry of ANOTHER mass shooting?!?

In the days and weeks to come, there'll no doubt be a great deal of debate on how we stop the "next Moncton."

Mental illness, gun control, warning signs, will all come up. These are legitimate points of discussion. But for us in the press - and for society at large - let's take an honest look in the mirror to see if our hyper-interest might be contributing to this very disturbing phenomenon.

We will not help give this killer his blaze of glory.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/st ... 44104.html

Canada News Network Blames Mass Shootings On Themselves and Media
"Let's take an honest look in the mirror to see if our hyper-interest might be contributing to this very disturbing phenomenon."
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/canada- ... -and-media
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Saw these links immediately upon waking this morning but just getting around to posting for the record here...

At least two people shot on Florida State University campus
http://legitgov.com/least-two-people-sh ... ity-campus

Trident Times: FSU, Zócalo, Mockingjay, and Bangkok
http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2014/ ... 20-21.html
elfismiles

Postby 82_28 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:30 pm

Here we go again. . .

A gunman, suspected in the deaths of six people and wounding of another in three towns across Montgomery County, Pennsylvania Monday morning, is on the loose. Police are actively searching for him and residents of one town are being asked to stay indoors, the Montgomery County district attorney said.

Bradley William Stone, 35 of Pennsburg, is considered armed and dangerous. District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman said all of the victims are related to him.

Stone stands 5-feet-10-inches tall, weighs 195 lbs., has a red beard and mustache and close cropped hair. He is known to use a cane or walker to assist in moving, Verti Ferman said. He may also be wearing military fatigues – either green or brown.

SWAT officers are using military-grade vehicles to search the town of Pennsburg, where the suspect is from. Vetri Ferman advised residents in the area to remain indoors and call 911 right away if they spot him.

One of the victims is a woman who was shot inside her apartment in the Harleysville section of Lower Salford Township, police sources and neighbors tell NBC10.

“I heard the kids say, ‘Mommy no. I want my mom.’ And I heard [the suspect] say ‘Let’s go. We have to go now. We’re leaving,’” the woman’s neighbor at the Pheasant Run Apartments along 150 Main Street in Lower Salford Township said after being jolted awake by gunshots between 4 and 5 a.m.

Moments later, the woman saw the children and a man running to a car parked outside.

“I opened the window and I asked him ‘Is everything OK?’ He just looked at me and said ‘She’s hurt pretty bad. We have to leave. She’s hurt.’ And he just got in the car and left,” she said.

When police arrived a short time later, they found the mother dead inside the second-floor apartment, police sources tell NBC10. The children were located safe at a neighbor’s home, sources said, but the suspect remained at large as police responded to other related scenes across the county.

In Lansdale, eight miles from where the woman was found dead, police spent three hours searching the area after a shooting inside a home along W. Fifth and Pierce streets.

SWAT teams also responded to two homes, about 20 miles away from each other, in connection with the investigation.

The first is in Souderton along Penn Avenue. Police surrounded a home there for several hours and attempted to make contact with a person they saw moving inside, but were unable, Towamencin Township Police Chief Paul Dickinson said.

A loud boom rumbled through the cold air around 11 a.m. It came from a police diversionary device, Dickinson told the Pottstown Mercury.

SWAT team members then entered the home and did not find the suspect. They did find a male who had been shot, officials said. He was rushed to a waiting medical helicopter and flown to Thomas Jefferson Hospital’s trauma center in Philadelphia.

The situation prompted homes to be evacuated and a shelter in place order to be activated in the Souderton Area School District. That was lifted around noon as SWAT officers left the Penn Avenue scene. That home remains under investigation as an active crime scene, Dickinson said.

Those officers, driving a mine-resistant vehicle, then made their way to a second home along Main and W. 4th Streets in Pennsburg where additional SWAT officers have been stationed for hours. Dickinson said that police response was part of the search for the man.

SWAT officers broke down a garage door, fired several gas canisters inside and used a microphone to say “Bradley, this is the police. Come out now.”

They threw another four gas canisters through home’s first floor around 1:30 p.m., but despite these efforts, there has been no response from inside.

The Upper Perkiomen Valley School District placed its schools on lockout as a result of the Pennsburg SWAT response, district officials told parents.

Police and county officials have released very little information about the shootings. Bucks County officials confirmed they are assisting in the response.

Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman is expected to make a statement on the shootings sometime this morning from an operations center that has been set up at the Lower Salford Police Station.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/gunman-pa-sh ... ery-county
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby elfismiles » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:21 pm

Was just about to post on that:

Suspect sought in 6 shooting deaths near Philadelphia
Published December 15, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/15/su ... nsylvania/

... meanwhile ... updates in Belgium case:

Gunmen on Run after Jewish Museum Shooting in Brussels
Post by elfismiles » 25 May 2014 13:26
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38126

elfismiles

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Body found in Pennsylvania 'killer' manhunt

Bradley William Stone was sought in connection with the death of his ex-wife and her family

A body found in Pennsylvania has been preliminarily identified as a shooting spree suspect sought over six murders, local media report.

The body was reportedly found in a wooded area near Bradley William Stone's home on Tuesday.

Mr Stone, 35, had been sought in connection with the fatal shootings of six people near Philadelphia on Monday.

His ex-wife, her mother, her grandmother, her sister, her sister's husband and their daughter were killed.

Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman said authorities are awaiting identification of the body.

But local media report that it has been initially identified as Mr Stone's.

Authorities from multiple agencies were on Tuesday searching the suspect's car, home and phone for clues to his current whereabouts.

Stone was engaged in a custody dispute with his ex-wife

The search had earlier spread to nearby Bucks County, where a man wielding a knife and fitting Mr Stone's description - red hair and wearing military fatigues - unsuccessfully attempted a carjacking before being chased into a wooded area.

The shootings in Souderton, Lansdale and Harleysville began at about 04:00 local time (09:00 GMT) on Monday.

The first took place at the home in Souderton of Mr Stone's former sister-in-law, Patricia Flick. She was killed along with her husband, Aaron Flick, and the couple's daughter, Nina, 14. The couple's 17-year-old son, Anthony Flick, was badly wounded.

He is currently in very serious but stable condition in hospital, authorities said.

The next shooting was at a house in nearby Lansdale where Nicole Stone's mother, Joanne Hill, and grandmother Patricia Hill were killed.

Nicole Stone was later killed at her home in Harleysville. Neighbours reported seeing Mr Stone fleeing with their two children and raised the alarm.

The children were found safe a short distance away, and Mr Stone's current wife and infant child were also secured.

Neighbours say the shooting spree may have been triggered by a domestic dispute

Reports said the shootings may have been triggered by a custody dispute.

"[Nicole Stone] would tell anybody who would listen that he was going to kill her and that she was really afraid for her life," Evan Weron, a neighbour in Harleysville, told the Associated Press news agency.

Mr Stone had reportedly filed an emergency motion to the court earlier this month, although those records are currently sealed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30507303
Iamwhomiam

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Gunman Kills 7 in Tyrone, Mo., and Tiny Town Is Reeling

By RICHARD PÉREZ-PEÑA and JOHN ELIGONFEB. 27, 2015

Official Describes Scenes of Shootings

Sgt. Jeff Kinder, a spokesman for the Missouri State Highway Patrol, said that seven people had been killed and one wounded, and that the suspected gunman had been found dead in Tyrone, Mo. (Visit Link for video)
Video by AP on Publish Date February 27, 2015. Photo by Associated Press.

Police tape surrounded one of the crime scenes in Tyrone, Mo., on Friday after seven people were shot to death and one was wounded. Credit Jeff McNiell/Houston Herald, via Associated Press

A gunman killed seven people and wounded another Thursday night in rural southern Missouri before apparently taking his own life, law enforcement officials said Friday.

The victims were shot in four different homes in Tyrone, a tiny community in Texas County, about 75 miles east of Springfield, and less than 50 miles north of the Arkansas border. The suspect, identified only as a 36-year-old man, was found dead in a vehicle in nearby Shannon County, apparently having shot himself.

In Tyrone, where no one is a stranger to anyone else, the news had residents reeling.

“I think I’m just in shock,” a resident, Kenneth Hall, said. “One of the ones that was killed, I just seen him last night.”

Another resident, Joseph Haemker, said, “At least two of the people, they’re right across the street from me. It doesn’t seem real.”

The Missouri State Highway Patrol and the Texas County Sheriff’s Department were withholding the names of the victims and the suspect until their families were notified, Sgt. Jeff Kinder of the Highway Patrol said at a news conference on Friday morning. Asked about connections among them, he said, “If I told you anything at this point, I would be speculating.”

But in Tyrone, neighbors said the victims were members of two families, one of them related to the killer.

In addition to the homes where they found victims, the police searched another home and found the body of an elderly woman who appeared to have died of natural causes; neighbors said she was the gunman’s mother. “We’re not calling her a victim at this time,” Sergeant Kinder said.

The highway patrol released a statement saying that at 10:15 p.m., the Sheriff’s Department received a call from “a juvenile female caller” in a home in Tyrone who said she had heard gunshots.

“She immediately fled to a neighbor’s house to notify authorities,” the statement said. “Responding deputies found two deceased persons at this residence. Further investigation revealed five additional victims who were deceased and one additional victim who was wounded in three additional residences.”

The wounded victim was taken to a hospital.

Tyrone is an unincorporated stretch of farm fields and stands of trees in the Ozark highlands, dotted by a handful of houses, without so much as a convenience store. Residents said the only nonfarm business was a cabinetmaking and construction company, and the nearest place to shop is the small town of Houston, several miles away.

“This is bad,” Sergeant Kinder said. “This is also hard on the police officers who are working that there. It’s not natural to see that sort of thing.”

The Texas County coroner, Tom Whittaker, told The Associated Press that investigators were still working at the scenes Friday morning. “To my recollection, we’ve never had anything like this,” Mr. Whittaker said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/28/us/gunman-kills-7-people-in-tyrone-missouri.html
Iamwhomiam

Postby elfismiles » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:27 am

Thanks Iamwhomiam for helping curate this thread.

That recent Texas spree ... and the idea of it possibly being triggered by the 'natural' death of his mother...
elfismiles

Postby 82_28 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:25 am

You know, I'm beginning to settle in to this social nature we got going on. Beginning to stretch out and enjoy our new reality is really liberating. We should all try it and we'll all be much happier. Face it, mass shootings are a sign of our culture's health. The more mass shootings there are it just demonstrates the undersung improvements that have been made at least in my lifetime. I salute the brave culture changers who have been "on the ball" protecting my right to just get used to this bullshit. They've done a fantastic job of making a reality I can really get behind.

I bought a gun from some guy down the street, not just to protect, but to project. It's hella awesome to have this thing that can keep the peace right next to my cellphone. I don't know what I was thinking lo these years not having a tool in order to destroy at my whim. Now that I do, I understand the need. To think that I've lived without one for 40 years makes me crazy. All those times I could have just shot people were all for naught. I really missed out on some prime occasions to kill people just going about their business.

Oh, by the way gun culture in the USA can go fuck itself. For hunting, fine -- I guess. Above was a "joke". I want ZERO guns anywhere where it is not used for hunting. And even then I don't want guns around and about killing the little guys. All the protein I eat is fish. So long, and thanks for all the fish. . .

That said, I don't know what the answer is. I don't think there is one.

:wallhead: :wallhead: :wallhead: :wallhead: :wallhead: :wallhead: :wallhead:
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion