Mark Duggan Shooting

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Mark Duggan Shooting

Postby TheDuke » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:04 pm

I never said that....

I'm of the school that if Mark's mum said he was lovely, he was.
TheDuke

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:11 pm

Mark Duggan had a criminal uncle. Therefore, Mark Duggan deserved to be shot dead. (Fine thing, logic.)

The Scum... One of the single most repulsive spectacles in all this has been K*lvin Mack*nzie sounding off about the immorality of the rioters. It's like hearing Anders B. Breivik give a sermon on the sanctity of human life.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:11 pm

TheDuke wrote:I never said that....

I'm of the school that if Mark's mum said he was lovely, he was.

I wasn't implying that YOU were saying that Duggan deserved to be killed because his uncle was a crime lord, but the Sun certainly seems to be pushing that particular guilt by association angle, which is fucking detestable.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Stephen Morgan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:40 pm

kenoma wrote:
TheDuke wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2025259/Mark-Duggans-uncle-crime-lord.html

Mark Duggan's uncle was crime lord: Man whose death sparked riots is linked to notorious gangland chiefs
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 2:33 PM on 12th August 2011

I see the source for that story is The Scum. And their sources were...?

solace wrote:Aaron's Story
"I will probably have to close because I haven’t got insurance and I can’t afford the repairs,” - Aaron

Diddums the nasty men expose your poor life choices?

Well, shops are required by law to have some form of insurance.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby solace » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:47 pm

"Diddums the nasty men expose your poor life choices?

Well, shops are required by law to have some form of insurance."

:shock:
solace

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:57 pm

@SM - That's insurance in case his electric clippers slipped and he scalped his client, and AFAIK most contents and also building insurance doesnt cover riot.

Besides, nearly $50,000 has been raised, so he is doing ok... Diddums

I loved this story below - has a kind of Darwin's Awards meets Deliverance flavour.

As you can see, the streets of the town are seething with Revolution

Small town gang cause bemusement at Tesco Express
Friday, August 12, 2011

Profile image for This is Bath

They had seen the images from London and Birmingham and wanted to bring a bit of rioting and looting to their own little corner of a West’s market town.

With their hoods up and with bricks in hand, they had arranged to meet on Facebook and selected their target – the Tesco Express store in the centre of Calne, Wiltshire.

But things didn’t really go according to plan for the Calne Five, who hadn’t exactly done their homework before setting off for a night of rioting, mayhem and looting.

For a start, they perhaps failed to realise that the looters of London were smashing shop windows because shops were closed so they could get inside to steal their goods.

But if the shop is still open, like the Tesco Express in Calne was at the time on Tuesday night, they could easily have simply walked in through the open door.

But, with the two frightened staff inside quickly calling the police, the five set about trying to smash the huge pane of thickened glass that makes up much of the shopfront with their bricks and sticks.

It cracked, but did not shatter. In the end, with the door to the shop opening and closing just feet away as bemused customers came and went, the five ran off as the police arrived.

And things went from bad to worse for the West’s most rubbish rioters. Police reviewed CCTV footage, spotted a couple of familiar faces, and then accessed Facebook to find out exactly who had arranged to meet up and try to trash the Tesco store.

All five were then arrested the following day in a series of raids on homes in and around Calne, and yesterday the last of the five was released on police bail. A police spokeswoman said: “We can confirm that five people, all from Calne, were arrested in connection with public order offences. They were aged 17, 19, 19, 20 and 21.

“They have now all been released on police bail, which they will have to answer to at the end of next month.”

The town’s police sergeant, Phil Connor, described the moment the riots came to Calne.

“This was a one-off incident where a number of local youths from the town have taken advantage of there being just two members of staff on duty,” he said. “The staff have obviously been caused some distress and this type of anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.”
Searcher08

Postby Stephen Morgan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Postby Stephen Morgan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:53 pm

Stephen Morgan

Postby kenoma » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:23 pm

semper occultus wrote:if these parasitic scum are to be blamed on Thatcher's corner-shop mentality than she is also due the credit for the heroic self-reliant & self-organised shop-keepers who stood out in Dalston ready to fight those looting fuckers poised to come in & smash everything they've grafted for & built for years whilst the so-called police "service" stood idly by watching it happen for 2 nights running....them & the Sikhs down in Southall & even the Millwall supporters in Sth london are my absolute fucking heroes - that pathetic wasrte of space Theresa May isn't even fit to lick the soles of their shoes......brilliant article about them - says everything that needs saying...

IS FUATH LIOM THATCHER FÓS...
and may she die the most gruesome death of God's invention.
And please do go fuck yourself you stupid Thatcherite cunt. If you're proud of her legacy, take upon your head the needless murders of hundreds of Argentinian seamen.

Take responsibility for the 10 Irish Hunger Strikers Thatcher let die.

And the decimated lives of tens of thousands of English and Welsh miners who curse her name daily.

And the 3 million unemployed in cities she destroyed like Coventry, Glasgow, Bradford, Sheffield.

And go fuck yourself if you think those newsagents you applaud weren't left in a state of horrible, irrevocable debt by the
viciously pro-banker policies she intiated.

You're a Thatcherite shit, SO.

Edit: added images
Expectation calibration and expectation management is essential at home and internationally. - Obama foreign policy advisor Samantha Power, February 21, 2008
kenoma

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:19 pm

The rioters have issued a statement, strongly condemning the recent actions of Michael Gove.

"What he is doing is nothing more than mindless thuggery," the rioters said. "We understand that there are entrenched social problems within the Tory party, and even within the government itself. Generations of idleness have bred a culture of entitlement and disengagement in these upper-middle-class communities. These are issues which must be tackled head on. But no one should be making excuses for Michael Gove at this time, as he is attacking the very fabric of our society."

Sorry... couldn't resist. I don't reckon Semper's being excessively Thatcherite in his views there above, you will hear the same thing from a huge proportion of working class people in Britain right now (the taxi drivers are having a field day, in terms of spouting off about stuff they know little about). We'll be hearing all that for about a week, and then people will become rational again, until the next meltdown. Except maybe those who lost property (or loved ones) directly. Can't criticize their reactions or views. But even the father of two of the men killed in Birmingham has called for restraint and reconciliation - and thanks to his dignity and strength the hatred has so far simmered down.

We can't underestimate the impact that his statement had. There was serious talk early the next day of a massive organised retributive outing to Birmingham by Sikhs and Muslims from surrounding areas, and from London too. That would've led to, at the very least, another night of violence, and then all the tit for tat beatings and killings that would follow on from that. But it never happened (so far) because he himself was wise and strong enough to be restrained.

There is a lot to love about this country. I don't want to minimize the scale of what has happened, and the horror experienced by all the innocents caught up in it, nor the extent of the property, monetary, and material losses endured by people who were worst effected - assaulted, thrown out of their homes, humiliated, intimidated, rendered penniless. But there are very few other nations in the world that could endure widespread rioting over four consecutive nights which resulted in only five deaths so far. I realise the word "only" is very, very wrong in this context, but it's still remarkable to have so few dead from such widespread violence and, especially, arson.

And there were volunteer clean-up crews in the days afterwards. And some folk - the precious few who aren't calling for martial law and a live-ammo police state in the mistaken belief that they would be immune to it's actions - are asking why it happened, and how it can be prevented from happening again. That's a start.

Just to back up Semper a bit more, though I'm sure it won't help his case much.

Quite a few of the rioters do seem to be total arseholes, the type of people who never would and never will do a good turn for anybody, ever, in their entire lives. The "gangsta" culture that some of them live and die by is ludicrously conservative - strictly heirarchical, rigidly stratified, patriarchal to the max, misogynist, materialist, hateful and racist, with nobody moving either up or down the ladder except via violence, and any good deed done by anyone seen as a mark of weakness (and the weak, the harmless, the good, are as always the most despised of all).
They're like fucking Tories, some of them. I suppose they all learned it someplace. Maybe from the society they live in. It's possible.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:26 pm

Has anybody heard from Vanlose, btw? I'm not sure if he lives round that way or just supports the team, but I hope he's alright. Sure he would be anyway, but I did wonder early on in the whole conflagration stages.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby justdrew » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:30 pm

battleshipkropotkin wrote:London cabbie Chunky Mark with his commentary:

Is this a clip from upcoming horror flick, 28 Pints Later?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:41 pm

justdrew wrote:
battleshipkropotkin wrote:London cabbie Chunky Mark with his commentary:

So... Vanlose is okay then? :lol: :yay
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby Stephen Morgan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:31 am

"Whites have become black" says gay historian Starkey

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14513517
Stephen Morgan

Postby blanc » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:44 am

Well, that was pretty racist wasn't it? Intentionally or not he seemed to say thuggery equals black culture, we have white thuggery too because they've adopted black culture. Stupid.
blanc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion