Corey Feldman: Pedophilia No. 1 problem in Hollywood

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Corey Feldman: Pedophilia No. 1 problem in Hollywood

Postby brekin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:18 pm

Hiding in Plain Eyes Wide Shut?

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:53 pm

speaking of Wonder Boys, its director Curtis Hanson just passed away yesterday.... http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/21/obitu ... .html?_r=0
Agent Orange Cooper

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:34 am

Wonder Boys is one of the great movies of recent years.

Michael Douglas was always best playing self satisfied but weak yuppies. Like in Fatal Attraction or War of the Roses. When he tried to play a tough guy he was laughable.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby guruilla » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:48 am

I also love(d) Wonder Boys; I no longer trust such feelings.

Culture's art is principally the art of deception.

The Mask of Sanity: An Attempt to Clarify Some Issues About the So-Called Psychopathic Personality is a book written by American psychiatrist Hervey M. Cleckley, first published in 1941, describing Cleckley's clinical interviews with patients in a locked institution. The text is considered to be a seminal work and the most influential clinical description of psychopathy in the twentieth century. The basic elements of psychopathy outlined by Cleckley are still relevant today.[1] The title refers to the normal "mask" that conceals the mental disorder of the psychopathic person in Cleckley's conceptualization.

Cleckley describes the psychopathic person as outwardly a perfect mimic of a normally functioning person, able to mask or disguise the fundamental lack of internal personality structure, an internal chaos that results in repeatedly purposeful destructive behavior, often more self-destructive than destructive to others. Despite the seemingly sincere, intelligent, even charming external presentation, internally the psychopathic person does not have the ability to experience genuine emotions. Cleckley questions whether this mask of sanity is voluntarily assumed to intentionally hide the lack of internal structure, but concludes it hides a serious, but yet imprecisely unidentified, semantic neuropsychiatric defect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mask_of_Sanity
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby Cordelia » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:05 am

Kirk Douglas starred in 'Paths of Glory', a great film.

But what I would find surprising is that many more of those working in the entertainment industry, which lavishly funds depictions of excess, abuse and depravity, don't live lives of excess, abuse and depravity. :shrug:

Study: Global Entertainment Industry Poised to Top $2 Trillion in 2016

By Paul Bond, The Hollywood Reporter | June 05, 2013 11:39 AM EDT

“The U.S. remains the largest, most valuable territory in the world for all filmed entertainment,” PwC concludes. The professional services firm says the sector will grow 3.4 percent annually in the U.S. from $31.04 billion in 2013 to $36.35 billion by 2017, while globally, film revenue will grow at a rate of 3.6 percent per year to $106.01 billion by 2017. "

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/n ... rillion-in
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:48 pm

I have to admit that I'm surprised Robert Downey Jr. is anti-Trump. Is he voting Gary Johnson?
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby OP ED » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:57 pm

Maybe he has a friend or two that aren't uneducated white men?
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby brekin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Luther Blissett » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:48 pm wrote:I have to admit that I'm surprised Robert Downey Jr. is anti-Trump. Is he voting Gary Johnson?

Downey's Stark is basically Trump. Downey has been playing Trump for awhile now, maybe that has given him some insight?

Watch this trailer and identify all the Trumpian elements. Disregard for politics/politicians, insular millionaire creating his own reality, the russian payback coming, Stark Tower, subservient fawning female assistants, privatizing government services, etc.

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
brekin

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:12 pm

'cept in Civil War all that individualist anti-government idealism does an about face as he pushes the need for UN regulation of the Avengers, much to Captain America's chagrin.
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby brekin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Agent Orange Cooper wrote:'cept in Civil War all that individualist anti-government idealism does an about face as he pushes the need for UN regulation of the Avengers, much to Captain America's chagrin.

Stark's "birther reversal" moment or Iron Man (Atlas) Shrugged.
brekin

Postby brekin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Can't even make this up. This was reported on dozens of entertainment news sites.

Michael Douglas Gets Candid About His Penis: "I Have a Big Dick"

Well, now we really know what is lurking behind that candelabra.
As a scientist in Ant-Man, Michael Douglas' character shrinks atoms and Paul Rudd, but in the bedroom there is nothing small about him.
According to Page Six, while at the after party for Monday's screening of Ant-Man, the 70-year old actor was asked by Vanity Fair about what famous feature has kept him in business for so long. "Your father had his cleft chin. Omar Sharif had the gap in his teeth . . ." Vanity Fair's George Wayne asked, to which a smiling Douglas responded, "I have a big dick." Talk about ants in the pants! We will take the Oscar winner for his word on that one.

http://www.eonline.com/news/676721/mich ... a-big-dick
brekin

Postby brekin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:43 pm

brekin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:21 am wrote:The whole my throat cancer was caused by oral sex, no it wasn't, wait I lied it was throat cancer, it was tongue cancer, was really an odd deal from Michael Douglas.

Well, maybe this sheds some light.

Are gay men more at risk of throat cancer because of the sexual practice of fellatio?

That became a reasonable question after the revelation by actor Michael Douglas, star of the Liberace bio-pic on HBO, “Behind the Candelabra,” that throat cancer he battled in recent years was caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV), which can be transmitted via oral sex. Dr. Jeffrey Klausner, professor at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, notes there’s been a spike HPV-related throat cancer since the 1980s, now eclipsing HPV-related cervical cancer in women, and that twice as many men are developing HPV-associated throat cancer than women.
One recent article was skeptical of Douglas’s suggestion that cunnilingus could have been the transmission route because the act doesn’t create contact to the back of the throat. The implication was that gay men (and women) who perform fellatio may be at higher risk since there’s more back-of-the-throat action.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/0 ... 02945.html

The study actually goes on to say that heterosexual men supposedly gets greater incidences of HPV via oral sex. But one wonders what the the rates are for bi-sexual men?

And since Douglas seemed to go out of his way to imply say he got it from cunnilingus, it seems like perhaps he doth redirect much?

This isn't the first time Douglas has talked candidly about his sex life. After staving off a scary battle with throat cancer, Douglas candidly revealed in 2013 that his cancer was caused by HPV [human papillomavirus] from performing oral sex.
"I did worry if the stress caused by my son's incarceration didn't help trigger it," he told The Guardian. "But yeah, it's a sexually transmitted disease that causes cancer. And if you have it, cunnilingus is also the best cure for it."

http://www.eonline.com/news/676721/mich ... a-big-dick

I mean he is an amazing fabulist.

Gordon - Oh Jesus. I wish you could see this. Lights coming up. I've never seen a painting that captures the beauty of the ocean.
brekin

Postby Nordic » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:26 am

Ok this is getting just stupid and trashy.

And I know a totally straight guy who got HPV and cancer from going down on women. He almost died. It was godawful.

Can we somehow get back to topic?
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby brekin » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:02 am

Nordic wrote:Ok this is getting just stupid and trashy.
And I know a totally straight guy who got HPV and cancer from going down on women. He almost died. It was godawful. Can we somehow get back to topic?

Huh? Seems pretty topical, Douglas goes out of his way saying he got throat cancer from cunninglus, then he says he lied, it was tongue cancer. There is growing evidence, that gay men are more at risk for getting throat cancer from a strain of HPV that causes both anal and throat cancer transmitted through oral sex, anal to oral sex, etc. in comparison to straight males. A promiscuous gay man would be at a greater risk of exposure. A Hollywood star trying to maintain a straight traditional family man facade would try and distance himself from a high risk std rising in the gay population.

Cancer spike, mainly in men, tied to HPV from oral sex

In the recent controversy over comments made by presidential candidate Michele Bachmann about the HPV vaccine, the focus was squarely on young women and cervical cancer. But HPV, mainly a strain called HPV-16, also causes oropharyngeal and anal cancer, a fact not often publicized because medical organizations, the government, and academics would rather not step into any debates about sex practices.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44734757/ns/h ... v-oral-sex

A Nasty STD You Didn't Know About
Gay Men and Oral HPV

Still, shying away from the sexual behaviors of guys will have to change as statistics continue to pour in about men and cancer risk associated with HPV. A 2009 Gay.com report showed an annual rate of approximately 35 cases of anal cancer per 100,000. The number multiplies by two for people living with HIV. Anal cancer is a growing issue among gay men and MSM's. HPV can lead directly to the cancer.

And now, what Menshealth.com calls "first-of-its-kind" research, scientists at Ohio State University found a link between what they call oral HPV and throat, neck and head cancers.

The numbers are shockingly high. Ten percent of men studied out of a group of 5,579 people between the ages of 14 and 69 tested positive for oral HPV. According to the study's author Maura Gillison, M.D., Ph. D., the type of oral HPV associated most with head and neck cancer is five times more common among men. This particularly nasty type, however, is only present in 1 percent of guys.

HPV Shot Dilemma : Should gay boys be targeted?
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40114932/ns/h ... -targeted/

But now, growing evidence shows that the vaccine also may prevent anal cancer, particularly in the high-risk groups of homosexual and bisexual men, who are about 20 times more likely than heterosexuals to develop the disease.

Next week, an advisory panel to the federal Food and Drug Administration will consider whether to recommend expanding use of the vaccine based on clinical data that show it could be up to 78 percent effective in preventing anal lesions and anal cancer in men who have sex with men.

But yeah, back on topic, where were we?

Nordic wrote:Wonder Boys is one of the great movies of recent years.
Michael Douglas was always best playing self satisfied but weak yuppies. Like in Fatal Attraction or War of the Roses. When he tried to play a tough guy he was laughable.

How about Romancing in the Stone? Thumbs up? Thumbs down?
brekin

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:22 am

Essentially everyone of us that has ever had sex carries the HPV.
Probably shouldn't discriminate based on that.
Burnt Hill

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion