Starving for good podcasts

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Starving for good podcasts

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:54 pm

What, no Joe Rogan Experience? Just kidding.

If you are interested in pro-wrestling at all, I suggest 83 Weeks podcast with Conrad Thompson and Eric Bischoff. I've been listening to it on YT. I find it so interesting, being a pro-wrestling fan. I don't know if my IQ point just went down with some of you with that revelation but there are times when I can't be bothered with it and other times I can get into it.
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby DrEvil » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:59 pm

I'd say pro wrestling is the perfect metaphor for the world we live in.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:35 pm

Handsome B. Wonderful » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:54 pm wrote:What, no Joe Rogan Experience? Just kidding.

If you are interested in pro-wrestling at all, I suggest 83 Weeks podcast with Conrad Thompson and Eric Bischoff. I've been listening to it on YT. I find it so interesting, being a pro-wrestling fan. I don't know if my IQ point just went down with some of you with that revelation but there are times when I can't be bothered with it and other times I can get into it.

I was in Chicago all last week for All Out. :coolshades AE Dub! AE Dub!

You lose IQ points for listening to Bischoff though :wink
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby drstrangelove » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:13 pm

drstrangelove

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:40 am

FUCKING LOVE TIM DILLON. He literally is like if Bill Hicks and George Carlin had a babylon working moonchild that created a fat gay loud mouth provocateur comedian who absorbed nothing but Jeff Well's original Rigorous Intuition blog. Just bought tickets to see him in person later this fall. I've seen/heard most of his vlog episodes and it's RI as fuck. Like he's opening for some of the most household name comedians, playing large auditoriums and the #3 Patreon in the world, a regular on Joe Rogan, has movies/tv shows lined up but will still devote whole episodes to the Franklin Scandal and Michael Hastings.

His spiel about Kamala Harris being picked by Biden a year ago had me laughing literally out of my chair
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:49 am

Only political podcasts I watch on youtube are Jimmy Dore, the new Breaking Points with Sagaar Enjeti/Crystal, Kyle Kulinski, etc. Im a fan of any podcast that shits all over both political parties(like mid 2000s Alex Jones) Used to watch Young Turks, Majority Report, etc but cant stand them anymore. I still dig Democracy Now tho

Agent Orange Cooper » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:35 pm wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:54 pm wrote:What, no Joe Rogan Experience? Just kidding.

I was in Chicago all last week for All Out. :coolshades AE Dub! AE Dub!

You lose IQ points for listening to Bischoff though :wink

So jealous! I still wear my Kenny Omega shirt out. Saw All Out at a PPV party with friends, we were drinking and went nuts during that cage match and when Daniel Bryan debuted. I used to go to live WWF wrestling shows in the 80s and 90s but fell out of wrestling til AEW debuted in 2019. What was the experience like in person? I still can't believe CM Punk is back, and to me he looked damn good. It's funny I hate real combat sports like MMA or boxing, as I don't like seeing guys beating eachother up, but I love pro wrestling.

Handsome B. Wonderful » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:54 pm wrote:What, no Joe Rogan Experience? Just kidding.

Is it wrong I love both Joe Rogan Experience and Conrad Thompsons podcasts? I'm a hardcore wrestling fan to say the least:)
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:26 pm

Joe Rogan is where I first saw Tim Dillon. Guy is hilarious.

Another pro wrestling fan? Awesome. FYI I was WCW all the way. did not care for WWF at all.
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:36 am

Handsome B. Wonderful » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:26 pm wrote:Joe Rogan is where I first saw Tim Dillon. Guy is hilarious.

Another pro wrestling fan? Awesome. FYI I was WCW all the way. did not care for WWF at all.

Yeah same here! Never heard of him, then last August a year ago after months of the lockdown and all this depressing social media stuff I saw him on the Joe Rogan video show and was blown away. I was like how have I never heard of this guy. Had no idea he's younger than me(Im almost 44 and I guess he's 36) but he seems like he's older. A year later Ive gone thru most of his archive and am a total Tim Dillon fan. I just want to see him in movies, tv shows, etc. He had Jeff Garlin on the Tim Dillon Show saying what a big fan he was and saying he'd love for Tim to be on the next season of Curb which was pretty cool. I just got back from a week in Los Angeles so I totally get all the weird twilight zone Tik Tok stuff he talks about.

Oh yeah! Discovered WWF in the latter 80s, then around 1990 a friend at school got me into WCW and we got the PPVs. Went to a lot of late 80s/early 90s WWF house shows but fell out of wrestling. Then by 1995 got big into WCW again then started watching WWF again in 1996 and discovered ECW, then when WCW and ECW were bought by WWF in 2001 I fell out of wrestling other than a ppv here or there. I kind of remember the rise of CM Punk a decade ago, watched that Daniel Bryan Wrestlemania in 2014 but it was discovering New Japan and Kenny Omega in 2018 and then AEW in 2019 that I became a huge fan again. "WWE" tho is utterly unwatchable tho.
8bitagent

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:59 pm

8bitagent » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:36 am wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:26 pm wrote:Joe Rogan is where I first saw Tim Dillon. Guy is hilarious.

Yeah same here! Never heard of him, then last August a year ago after months of the lockdown and all this depressing social media stuff I saw him on the Joe Rogan video show and was blown away. I was like how have I never heard of this guy. Had no idea he's younger than me(Im almost 44 and I guess he's 36) but he seems like he's older. A year later Ive gone thru most of his archive and am a total Tim Dillon fan. I just want to see him in movies, tv shows, etc. He had Jeff Garlin on the Tim Dillon Show saying what a big fan he was and saying he'd love for Tim to be on the next season of Curb which was pretty cool. I just got back from a week in Los Angeles so I totally get all the weird twilight zone Tik Tok stuff he talks about.

Oh yeah! Discovered WWF in the latter 80s, then around 1990 a friend at school got me into WCW and we got the PPVs. Went to a lot of late 80s/early 90s WWF house shows but fell out of wrestling. Then by 1995 got big into WCW again then started watching WWF again in 1996 and discovered ECW, then when WCW and ECW were bought by WWF in 2001 I fell out of wrestling other than a ppv here or there. I kind of remember the rise of CM Punk a decade ago, watched that Daniel Bryan Wrestlemania in 2014 but it was discovering New Japan and Kenny Omega in 2018 and then AEW in 2019 that I became a huge fan again. "WWE" tho is utterly unwatchable tho.

I don't want to digress off the origin of this thread but I was always a HUGE fan of Sting and when he made his "return" to AEW back in December, I'm not ashamed to admit I got emotional. It was so good to see him again. I got into TNA because of his joining, it was already on TV but I didn't watch until Sting appeared.

I started watching NWA Powerrr on YT and was getting into it. Some people don't like studio wrestling, but it reminded me of the old
Georgia Championship Wrestling show back on TBS circa late '70s. In fact it was done in the same studio. Then all this stupid covid crap happened and derailed their momentum.

I must saw AEW is making some great signings, hopefully they can do some engaging storylines and great matches.
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:02 pm

8bitagent » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:49 am wrote:So jealous! I still wear my Kenny Omega shirt out. Saw All Out at a PPV party with friends, we were drinking and went nuts during that cage match and when Daniel Bryan debuted. I used to go to live WWF wrestling shows in the 80s and 90s but fell out of wrestling til AEW debuted in 2019. What was the experience like in person? I still can't believe CM Punk is back, and to me he looked damn good. It's funny I hate real combat sports like MMA or boxing, as I don't like seeing guys beating eachother up, but I love pro wrestling.

It was fantastic! I was at All Out in 2019, which was great, but All Out in 2021 was on an entirely different level. I fell back into being a wrestling fan with the ascent of Daniel Bryan in WWE in 2013 after being a big WWF fan in the late 90s. So I've been with him on the whole journey of clawing his way to the top of WWE despite all the pressure against him, to being forced into retirement, then being let back but never allowed any real creative freedom. So I was utterly ecstatic to be present for his AEW debut at the end of All Out. It was the culmination of a good 8 years of waiting. And now he's going to wrestle Kenny f'n Omega.

In all the darkness of the world right now, AEW is like this bright light of happiness. You go to their shows—especially lately—and it's like a party. Everybody is so happy, from the fans to the wrestlers. You don't find that anywhere else right now. I agree with you about combat sports, not a fan. But there is a purity & innocence to pro wrestling that I love.

Speaking of which, Dynamite is starting now...
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby 8bitagent » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:16 am

Agent Orange Cooper » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:02 pm wrote:
8bitagent » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:49 am wrote:So jealous! I still wear my Kenny Omega shirt out. Saw All Out at a PPV party with friends, we were drinking and went nuts during that cage match and when Daniel Bryan debuted. I used to go to live WWF wrestling shows in the 80s and 90s but fell out of wrestling til AEW debuted in 2019. What was the experience like in person? I still can't believe CM Punk is back, and to me he looked damn good. It's funny I hate real combat sports like MMA or boxing, as I don't like seeing guys beating eachother up, but I love pro wrestling.

It was fantastic! I was at All Out in 2019, which was great, but All Out in 2021 was on an entirely different level. I fell back into being a wrestling fan with the ascent of Daniel Bryan in WWE in 2013 after being a big WWF fan in the late 90s. So I've been with him on the whole journey of clawing his way to the top of WWE despite all the pressure against him, to being forced into retirement, then being let back but never allowed any real creative freedom. So I was utterly ecstatic to be present for his AEW debut at the end of All Out. It was the culmination of a good 8 years of waiting. And now he's going to wrestle Kenny f'n Omega.

In all the darkness of the world right now, AEW is like this bright light of happiness. You go to their shows—especially lately—and it's like a party. Everybody is so happy, from the fans to the wrestlers. You don't find that anywhere else right now. I agree with you about combat sports, not a fan. But there is a purity & innocence to pro wrestling that I love.

Speaking of which, Dynamite is starting now...

Haha oh word. Yeah Dynamite was insane this week. That opening with CM Punk jumping into the crowd, or Malakai Black brawling with Rosario Dawson and Cody brawling up in the stands with beer flying. Total ECW vibe. AEW next week being in Arthur Ashe stadium in front of 20k fans with Kenny Omega vs Daniel Bryan is going to be nuts. I can't help but love the ECW/Attitude era level of language and violence but with modern day winks and nods to internet wrestling smarks and inside baseball. Also loving the New Japan crossover, and just the whole spectacle. The free time I used to spend on "conspiracy/real politik" back in the 2000s is now probably part spent on pro wrestling(tho I can't stand WWE/NXT, even tho I tried watching it recently) I was wearing a Young Bucks shirt the other day and had at least three random people come up to me in stores and say how big a fan they are. For whatever reason I just can't stomach real combat sports like MMA or boxing as much as I respect it. And I never really got into sports in general. But there was something larger than life and full of a spectacle grandeur upon discovering WWF and WCW/JCP/NWA growing up. It's no wonder we recently had a President who came from the Vince Mcmahon world, or had Jesse Venture as governor. Pro wrestling is as close an analogue to politics as any "sport" out there. And quite frankly at this stage of life, to me more interesting.
8bitagent

Postby semper occultus » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:22 am

very entertaining BBC radio series featuring listeners real life supernatural experiences ( hope ya'll can hack any regional restrictions )

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/m0010x7c

the 1st episode went quite viral

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... pirit.html
semper occultus

Postby Grizzly » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:34 pm

https://fatleonardpodcast.com/

Fat Leonard - The Man Who Corrupted the U.S. Navy Under arrest and battling cancer, Leonard Francis, aka FAT LEONARD, is angry, and he's talking for the first time. His explosive story will change the way you look at the U.S. Navy forever. Listen to the podcast now!

t’s a story for our times. Leonard could only have existed in the post 9/11 world of runaway defense spending. At the height of his powers he lived in a $130- million mansion and had a fleet of 20 luxury cars.

He secretly recorded orgies with some of the Navy’s most powerful men, one of the U.S. military’s worst ever security failures. China and Russia never could have done this much damage.

Now, as the U.S. pulls recklessly out of Afghanistan, Leonard is in detention – a symbol of the folly of the past 20 years. And as the trials of Navy officers involved with Leonard start early next year, we ask: Has there been a coverup in the Navy?

I wish I could say, 'shocking'... but we're so far past that.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

(Will move to L'Encyclopedie)

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:10 pm

L'Encyclopedie
viewforum.php?f=64
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:01 pm

This lecture, no video, was informative. Note the yt sidebar contents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTT9SW4sFJc
Iamwhomiam

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie