Coming Soon - War with Iran?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coming Soon - War with Iran?

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:09 pm

It's not always the relevant question. There's a war going on. The Saudis started it, they are the illegitimate invaders and aggressors, and they have dished out most of the death and destruction. The other side also has guns, or in this case, $15,000 in drones and explosives. The correct response to the Saudi dictatorship is: tough shit, fuckers, if you don't want more get the fuck out of Yemen.

MBS may not have long left. He who lives by the bonesaw can also be turned into bloody cutlets.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby BenDhyan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:55 pm

JackRiddler » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:04 am wrote:
BenDhyan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:06 pm wrote:The earlier staged oil tanker episode was an attempt to get the US to attack Iran, it failed because the evidence was not credible that Iran was actually behind it,

Obviously. But it was probably done with at least a green light from U.S.-based elements of the Bolton or Pompeo type. MEK is a prime suspect for the op. I expect the provocation failed because of the happenstance that someone successfully communicated the obvious reasons not to strike Iran to Trump. That may not always be the case.

But this is why I'm answering:

this is just another attempt to do the same, I suspect it was staged as was the tanker attacks.

Very doubtful. The Saudis and UAE are waging a real war of aggression in Yemen. It is no suprise when the targeted forces, the Houthis, find a cheap and highly effective way to strike back, one fully justified by the rules of war (whether or not it is "right"). I expect more of the same. Or as some character probably said in some movie, "Yeah, we got guns too, motherfuckers."

I agree that the "Iran struck SA Oil production facilities" campaign has the US anti-Iran hawks green light.

Yes, I agree that it was a Houthi strike, but am skeptical of the actual damage being reported. I am sure SA knows that it was a Houthi strike but is blaming Iran, and is exaggerating the damage so that it gets the attention it is getting to try and facilitate an Iran strike by the US..
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby BenDhyan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:53 pm

Yemen's Houthis say will stop all attacks on Saudi Arabia

2 hrs ago

An official with the Houthi rebel movement in Yemen has said it will stop aiming missile and drone attacks at Saudi Arabia, warning that a continuation of the war could lead to "dangerous developments".

The announcement was made on Friday night by Mahdi al-Mashat, head of the Houthi's supreme political council, which controls the rebel-held areas in Yemen.

"We declare ceasing to target the Saudi Arabian territory with military drones, ballistic missiles and all other forms of weapons, and we wait for a reciprocal move from them," al-Mashat said on the Houthi-run al-Masirah TV.

"We reserve the right to respond if they fail to reciprocate positively to this initiative," he said, adding that the continuation of the Yemen war "will not benefit any side".

The comments by the Houthis came nearly a week after they claimed a major attack on Saudi oil facilities.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/yemens-houthis-say-will-stop-all-attacks-on-saudi-arabia/ar-AAHBzvL

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby BenDhyan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:30 am

Oil prices will spike if true...

Iran oil tanker hit off Saudi coast, may have been missiles: Iran reports

World News October 11, 2019

DUBAI (Reuters) - An Iranian-owned oil tanker was struck, probably by missiles, in the Red Sea off Saudi Arabia’s coast on Friday, Iranian media said, an incident that if confirmed will stoke tension in a region rattled by attacks on tankers and oil sites since May.

The Sabiti was hit in the morning about 60 miles (96 km) from the Saudi port of Jeddah, Iranian media reported. The National Iranian Tanker Company (NITC) said the ship was damaged but stable and denied reports it had been set ablaze.

The incident, which has yet to be independently confirmed, is the latest involving oil tankers in the Red Sea and Gulf area, and is likely to ratchet up tensions between Tehran and Riyadh, long-time regional foes that have been fighting a proxy war in Yemen, which lies at the southern end of the Red Sea.

Reports of the incident, which have so far only come from Iranian sources, offered sometimes diverging accounts. State television, citing the national oil company, said it was hit by missiles while denying a report they came from Saudi Arabia.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-iran-tanker/iran-oil-tanker-hit-by-two-missiles-off-saudi-coast-iranian-state-media-idUSKBN1WQ0G0

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby Grizzly » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:28 pm

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1193464900531691520
Rouhani announces Iranian discovery of a new oil field in Khuzestan province:

"Iran has discovered a new oil field containing 53 billion barrels of crude, President Hassan Rouhani said Sunday, a find that would increase Iran's proven reserves by over a third." [My Emphasis]

The puny amounts of oil the Outlaw US Empire's sitting on in Eastern Syria no longer matter as in the overall scheme of things there's more than enough energy supplies to power Syria's reconstruction and further development.

-----Mr. Bone Saw, is probably shitting himself about, now...

In other important news, from Iran:
https://tass.com/economy/1087884
A Iranian/Russian ceremony inaugurated the starting of

"The construction of the second stage of the Bushehr nuclear power plant jointly with Russia."

Something the Outlaw US Empire has yet to do is accuse Russia of aiding Iran with making a nuclear weapon, which one would think it would do given the designed Russophobia. Why this obvious ploy hasn't been used ought to be easily seen.

The Ziocons are gonna lose it! :yay :moresarcasm :shock2:

Again, all this from MOA.
Last edited by Grizzly on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:32 pm

Grizzly » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:28 pm wrote:https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1193464900531691520Something the Outlaw US Empire has yet to do is accuse Russia of aiding Iran with making a nuclear weapon, which one would think it would do given the designed Russophobia. Why this obvious ploy hasn't been used ought to be easily seen.

Help me out. Why?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Grizzly » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:42 pm

Sorry, don't know... ask this one:
https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/11/the-moa-week-in-review-open-thread-2019-66.html?cid=6a00d8341c640e53ef0240a4c4ce62200d#comment-6a00d8341c640e53ef0240a4c4ce62200d

I should have formatted it better and made it clear I wasn't the writer. I was so taken, I wanted to spread it before it got massaged and manipulated.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Cordelia » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:41 pm

Hmmm...possible crisis evolving; election-game-drama (thwarted for now?)..

Protesters chanting ‘Death to America’ break into U.S. Embassy compound in Baghdad

By Mustafa Salim and
Liz Sly
Dec. 31, 2019 at 11:38 a.m. EST

Supporters of an Iranian-backed militia besieged the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad on Tuesday in retaliation for U.S. airstrikes, breaking into the embassy compound and damaging a reception area before being expelled by Iraqi security forces. Here’s what we know:

●U.S. diplomats took refuge in a safe room as guards fired tear gas at the invading protesters and tried to put out fires they set.

●President Trump accused Iran of “orchestrating an attack” on the embassy, and the Pentagon said it was sending reinforcements to help protect it.

●Iraqi security forces later intervened and set up a barricade, but protesters threw gasoline bombs into the compound.

●The Kataib Hezbollah militia vowed to force the embassy to shut down.

BAGHDAD — Hundreds of angry supporters of an Iranian-backed militia shouting "Death to America" broke into the U.S. Embassy compound in Baghdad on Tuesday, trapping diplomats inside in response to U.S. airstrikes that killed or wounded scores of militia fighters.

Tensions eased somewhat later in the day after Iraqi security forces intervened, erecting a steel barrier at the smashed gate into the compound's reception area and forcing the protesters to leave. However, protesters outside periodically threw molotov cocktails into the compound and tried to tear down the razor wire atop its walls, as guards inside fired stun grenades at them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/ir ... story.html

(Change of place and faces of the Iranian bad guys from 40 years and one month+ ago.)

'Straight from Iran's playbook in 1979': Bolton joins Trump in blaming country for attack on US Iraq embassy.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... aq-embassy
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:55 pm

Iran Confirms Death of Revolutionary Guard Commander in U.S. Strike
Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani was killed in an American strike in Baghdad, American officials said.
By Falih Hassan, Alissa J. Rubin and Michael Crowley
Jan. 2, 2020
Updated 9:51 p.m. ET

BAGHDAD — Iranian official news media confirmed that a powerful commander of its Revolutionary Guards Corps, Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, was killed in a strike on the Baghdad International Airport early Friday.

The United States carried out the strike, the Pentagon said.

“General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region,” the Pentagon statement said. “General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more.”

Iraqi and Lebanese television also reported the death, which was confirmed by senior militia leader in Iraq.

The strikes followed a warning on Thursday afternoon from Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper, who said the United States military would pre-emptively strike Iranian-backed forces in Iraq and Syria if there were signs the paramilitary groups were planning more attacks against American bases and personnel in the region.

“If we get word of attacks, we will take pre-emptive action as well to protect American forces, protect American lives,” Mr. Esper said. “The game has changed.”

The Tasnim News Agency, which is affiliated with the Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Corp, confirmed the death of General Suleimani early Friday.

The killing of General Suleimani is a major blow for Iran.

American officials consider General Suleimani, the commander of the Revolutionary Guards’ elite Quds Force, responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American soldiers during the Iraq War and hostile Iranian activities throughout the Middle East.

“This is devastating for the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps, the regime and Khamenei’s regional ambitions,” said Mark Dubowitz, chief executive of the hawkish Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a conservative think tank that supports a hard line against Iran, referring to the country’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

“For 23 years, he has been the equivalent of the J.S.O.C. commander, the C.I.A. director and Iran’s real foreign minister,” Mr. Dubowitz said, using an acronym for the United States Joint Special Operations Command. “He is irreplaceable and indispensable” to Iran’s military establishment.

The strike killed five people, including the pro-Iranian chief of an umbrella group for Iraqi militias, Iraqi television reported and militia officials confirmed. The militia chief, Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, was a strongly pro-Iranian figure.

The public relations chief for the umbrella group, the Popular Mobilization Forces in Iraq, Mohammed Ridha Jabri, was killed as well.

Two other people were killed in the strike, according to an officer at the Baghdad joint command.

The attack appears to have been an airstrike that hit two vehicles, the officer said.

According to a general with the Iraqi Joint Command, General Suleimani and Mr. Ridha, the militia public relations official, arrived by plane at Baghdad International Airport from Syria.

Two cars stopped at the bottom of the airplane steps and picked them up. Mr. al-Muhandis was in one of the cars.

As the two cars left the airport, they were bombed, the general said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to reporters.

The strike was the second attack at the airport within hours.

An earlier attack, late Thursday, involved three rockets that did not appear to have caused any injuries.

The strikes come days after American forces bombed three outposts of Kataib Hezbollah, an Iranian-supported militia in Iraq and Syria, in retaliation for the death of an American contractor in a rocket attack last week near the Iraqi city of Kirkuk.

The United States said that Kataib Hezbollah fired 31 rockets into a base in Kirkuk Province, last week, killing an American contractor and wounding several American and Iraqi servicemen.

The Americans responded by bombing three sites of the Khataib Hezbollah militia near Qaim in western Iraq and two sites in Syria. Khataib Hezbollah denied involvement in the attack in Kirkuk.

Pro-Iranian militia members then marched on the American Embassy on Tuesday, effectively imprisoning its diplomats inside for more than 24 hours while thousands of militia members thronged outside. They burned the embassy’s reception area, planted militia flags on its roof and scrawled graffiti on its walls.

They withdrew late Wednesday afternoon.

President Trump said on Tuesday that Iran would “be held fully responsible” for the attack on the embassy, in which protesters set fire to a reception building on the embassy compound, which covers more than 100 acres. He also blamed Tehran for directing the unrest.

Washington and Tehran appear intent on ratcheting up both their messaging and their forces, raising concerns of a larger conflict. In the past several months, Iranian-supported militias have increased rocket attacks on bases housing American troops. The Pentagon has dispatched more than 14,000 troops to the region since May.

Caught in the middle is the Iraqi government, which is too weak to establish any military authority over some of the more established Iranian-supported Shiite militias.

On Thursday, Mr. Esper said the Iraqi government was not doing enough to contain them. The Iraqis need to “stop these attacks from happening and get the Iranian influence out of the government,” Mr. Esper said.

General Suleimani was long a figure of intense interest to people in and out of Iran.

He was not only in charge of Iranian intelligence gathering and covert military operations, he was regarded as one of Iran’s most cunning and autonomous military figures. He was also believed to be very close to the country’s supreme leader, Mr. Khamenei, and seen as a potential future leader of Iran.

His presence in Iraq would not have been surprising.

General Suleimani led the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps’ Quds Force, a special forces unit responsible for Iranian operations outside Iran’s borders. He once described himself to a senior Iraqi intelligence official as the “sole authority for Iranian actions in Iraq,” the official later told American officials in Baghdad.

In his speech denouncing Mr. Trump, he was even less discreet — and openly mocking.

“We are near you, where you can’t even imagine,” he said. “We are ready. We are the man of this arena.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/02/worl ... ttack.html
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby RocketMan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:14 am

They really did it. No consultation with Congress, unilateral action by Trump. Pentagon's communique incredibly arrogant and sociopathic.

Iran can not not react.

Time for prayers.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Harvey » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:25 am

It's almost as if these people don't know their history. But when they almost certainly do and repeat it anyway, what is there to say or do?
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby RocketMan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:11 am

What the fuck is Iran going to do? The hammer's gonna fall somewhere. Will they close off the Hormuz Strait?
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Harvey » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:07 am

I expect Israel and America have already implemented a false flag Iranian 'reprisal' attack on such a scale the American people will be forced to evacuate their cranial cavities of all intelligence and/or memory respond accordingly.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby SonicG » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:36 am

RocketMan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:14 pm wrote:They really did it. No consultation with Congress, unilateral action by Trump. Pentagon's communique incredibly arrogant and sociopathic.

Iran can not not react.

Time for prayers.

Been praying for the koalas and ozzies, so now I have to pray for the Iranians? The whole middle east?
For all of us...Been a long time since I have had a news channel streaming live - Al Jazeera unless there is a better recco for Internet-accesible source...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby FourthBase » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:43 am

Definitely afraid of this triggering WWIII.

On the other hand, Suleimani was a world-class piece of shit and Iran is ruled by psychotic right wing extremists. Hope nobody sympathizes with them just because they're anti-Israel and anti-American-hegemony.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion