Coming Soon - War with Iran?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coming Soon - War with Iran?

Postby Harvey » Tue May 14, 2019 2:04 pm

Time to contact your congress people and let them know that unless they stand against more senseless aggression they've lost your vote, urge everyone you know to do the same. If enough do so, they will take notice.

https://www.rt.com/news/459243-us-b52s-first-mission/

American B-52s fly first mission over Persian Gulf to ‘send message’ to Iran

B-52 bombers have commenced air operations from the US base in Qatar, as Washington continues to amass its forces in the Persian Gulf. The White House says it is to deter an alleged Iranian “attack on US interests.”

US Central Command (CENTCOM) made no attempt to keep Sunday’s operations secret, broadcasting photos of the B-52H Stratofortress bombers as they took off from Al Udeid Air Base near Doha, Qatar.

US National Security Advisor John Bolton said the buildup was meant to send a “clear and unmistakable message” to the Islamic Republic and ward off a threat, though he provided little detail about what that could be. Tehran sharply denies the accusation, countering that American officials are engaged in “psychological warfare.”
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Grizzly » Tue May 14, 2019 11:06 pm

Target Iran: Let The False Flags Fly? Dan McAdams Interviews Phil Giraldi
https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2019/05/14/target-iran-let-the-false-flags-fly-dan-mcadams-interviews-phil-giraldi/
US warships and B-52s moved to Iran’s borders to counter an “unspecified threat” to US interests. President Trump warns of massive destruction should Iran make a wrong move. Are neocons about to get their war on Iran? Former CIA officer and political analyst Phil Giraldi joins to discuss…in today’s Ron Paul Liberty Report

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Grizzly » Wed May 15, 2019 2:26 pm

From b, at MOA ...
https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/05/the-lunacy-of-waging-a-war-on-iran-which-china-and-russia-would-win.html

Highly recommended:
The 1:08h video Targeting Iran was published 4 month ago. Its from the book "Targeting Iran" by David Barsamian and Noam Chomsky. Haven't had time to see it yet, but thought you may be interested in it.

https://www.brighteon.com/5990836281001
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby thrulookingglass » Thu May 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Has anyone seen these alleged photos of 'missiles' on board some Iranian ship?! Or are we to take the word of the world's most corrupt government and yellow bellied media who would never present false pretext for war. Remember Nayirah, Witness for Kuwait? MacArthur discovered that Nayirah was the daughter of the Kuwaiti Ambassador to the U.S., Saud Nasir al-Sabah. Another Colin Powell moment holding a vial before the UN? We know there's weapons of mass destruction there somewhere, right Rummy?! Cowardly. Bunch of chicken hawks beating the war drums to tranquilize the public's suspicion that the Mueller Report reveals a lot more than anyone is letting on, or the myriad of other investigations now ongoing about this treacherous administration. Enough already. Reagan believed Christ would only return after a nuclear war had been waged. Nice, eh?! God's got to wait for the whole game to be on the line before he sends in the star quarterback. Shitty universe. Nepotism now, nepotism forever. Hurrah for heinous patriarchy! Look what men have done to the world.
thrulookingglass

Postby Harvey » Thu May 16, 2019 1:58 pm

And Iran has every right to handle missiles on their own territory. Consider the counter narrative, "American troops seen loading missiles at approximately one thousand locations around the world" to discover what unutterable bullshit it is.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby JackRiddler » Thu May 16, 2019 3:56 pm

Current line of bullshit seriously being played in corporate media: "Golly gee, with all those forces just happening to be all crammed together in such a small space, could America stumble into an accidental war?"
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby RocketMan » Fri May 24, 2019 10:17 am

I am genuinely impressed by Bernie throwing down the gauntlet unequivocally on Iran:

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1 ... 2795549696

I was right about Vietnam.

I was right about Iraq.

I will do everything in my power to prevent a war with Iran.

I apologize to no one.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Elvis » Fri May 24, 2019 2:57 pm

RocketMan » Fri May 24, 2019 7:17 am wrote:I am genuinely impressed by Bernie throwing down the gauntlet unequivocally on Iran:

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1 ... 2795549696

I was right about Vietnam.

I was right about Iraq.

I will do everything in my power to prevent a war with Iran.

I apologize to no one.

:thumbsup :sun:
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby PufPuf93 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:16 pm

^^^^^^^

Today's mainstream "moderate" Democratic party is not that tolerant of anti-war Democrats and other anti-war citizens.

What a shame. :wallhead:
PufPuf93

Postby cptmarginal » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Again.

Tankers struck near Strait of Hormuz amid Iran-US tensions

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Two oil tankers near the strategic Strait of Hormuz came under a suspected attack Thursday, setting one of them ablaze in the latest mysterious assault targeting vessels in a region crucial to global energy supplies amid heightened tension between Iran and the U.S.

The U.S. Navy, which rushed in to assist the stricken vessels in the Gulf of Oman off the coast of Iran, and the ship’s operators offered no immediate explanation on what weapons caused the damage or who used them against the MT Front Altair and the Kokuka Courageous. Each was loaded with petroleum products, and the Front Altair burned for hours, a fire that charred half of one of the vessel’s sides and sent up a column of thick, black smoke.
cptmarginal

Postby RocketMan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:40 pm

They are REALLY gunning for it this time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/un ... spartanntp

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Thursday that the United States has assessed, based on intelligence, type of weapons used and sophistication of assaults, that Iran is responsible for the attacks on tankers in the Gulf of Oman.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:40 pm

"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby BenDhyan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:03 am

^ Haha..first of all that video quality is so bad it aint worth squat.

And then there is this latest news....

Japanese operator: Sailors saw ‘flying objects’ before oil tanker attack

By Associated Press June 14, 2019

The Japanese ship operator says sailors on board the Kokuka Courageous, one of the vessels attacked near the Strait of Hormuz, saw “flying objects” just before the attack, suggesting the tanker wasn’t damaged by mines.

That account contradicts what the U.S. military has said as it released a video it says shows Iranian forces removing an unexploded limpet mine from one of the two ships in the suspected attack.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/14/japanese-%20...%20er-attack/

Why am I not surprised the various stories about it don't jive?

Also here is an item published on 9 June by military.com....

US Carrier in Persian Gulf Region Sends Clear Signal to Iran

ABOARD THE USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN (AP) — Under a starry sky, U.S. Navy fighter jets catapulted off the aircraft carrier's deck and flew north over the darkened waters of the northern Arabian Sea, a unmistaken signal to Iran that the foremost symbol of the American military's global reach is back in its neighborhood, perhaps to stay.

The USS Abraham Lincoln , with its contingent of Navy destroyers and cruisers and a fighting force of about 70 aircraft, is the centerpiece of the Pentagon's response to what it calls Iranian threats to attack U.S. forces or commercial shipping in the Persian Gulf region. In recent years, there has been no regular U.S. aircraft carrier presence in the Middle East.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/06/09/us-carrier-persian-gulf-region-sends-clear-signal-iran.html

So I am expected to believe that this heads up to Iran that the US carrier group is in position to monitor the threat of Iran threatening commercial shipping, and what does Iran do, go ahead and attack commercial shipping in plain sight.

My B/S detector is pegging...
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:18 am

We are way past them caring about appearances.

They are smacking the world in the face and daring anyone to say so.

The idea of a false flag suggests that anyone is trying to disguise anything. I think we need a new category for naked power demonstrations carried out in front of everyone and coupled with the demand that you will falsely attribute them. Yesterday's attack on the Japanese oil tanker, while the Japanese prime minister was in Tehran hoping to negotiate a peaceful solution to the American-manufactured crisis, is something like the bully who grabs a much smaller person, hits them with their own hands, and laughs as he asks: "Why are you hitting yourself?"

Where were you when your government started an unprovoked war of aggression?

Oh, sorry, missed that. I was busy attributing violations of US "rule of law" to imaginary Russian agents.

I was busy commenting intelligently on totally meaningless polling results seventeen months in advance of an election.

I was supporting the May 20 letter from 400 Congressional legislators urging Trump to escalate the measures against Iran.

https://foreignaffairs.house.gov/_cache ... r-5-21.pdf
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby RocketMan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:32 pm

The response, even in MSM outlets has been of general, bemused incredulity. No one is of course demanding US accountability, I guess they're running down the clock on the "aberrant" Trump administration and hoping that a Biden/Warren administration returns to the Way Things Were... Which ain't gonna happen but there's such a general feeling of unreality, that's what they must be hoping for.
-I don't like hoodlums.
RocketMan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion