Coming Soon - War with Iran?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coming Soon - War with Iran?

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:27 pm

Sure, Bellingcat is a spook outlet and full of shit, but where'd the video come from? See, if anyone posted that video, anywhere, it would be kind of their job to take moral possession of it, so to speak, and appoint themselves as the analyzers.

It's interesting the Americans are calling it an accident.

ON EDIT: As I figured would be the case, Bellingcat was NOT the first to obtain this video or to discover it online. That was The New York Times. Old-style Paper of Spook Record wins after all. The Bellingcat tweet was glomming on, without noting that they had nothing to do with finding the video. Presumably this is so as to reassert their importance as the only final supreme arbiter, without appeal, of the meaning and import of all things found on the open-source Internet. Such a fucking self-promoting spook asshole.

Last edited by JackRiddler on Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Elvis » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:52 pm

DrEvil wrote:
you do know Bellingcat is the Atlantic Council in person, right?

Huh. I have this vague recollection of someone saying they weren't entirely on the level, but I didn't know it was that bad. Will keep in mind going forward.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33717&start=2265
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:44 am

Bellingcat are sus as. Aren't they literally in some MI6 office down the hall from Paul Joseph Watson?
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:13 am

This thread is nearly a decade old, and the Iran threat is nearly 20 years old soon, yet it's only the death of QS that's made it seem genuinely possible.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby 8bitagent » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:19 am

Here's my take. And I remember as a kid in the 80's hearing nonstop about US hostages in Iran, Beirut barrack bombs, and the Ayatollah.

So for months we heard nothing but "Ukraine! Ukraine Ukraine!" which ignited the furor and righteous indignation of the Rachel Maddow MSNBC left with the "IMPEACHMENT(tm)" of corrupt Trump from the "investigation" of corrupt Super Predator Joe Biden.Then, recently we heard nothing but "Iran! Iran! Iran needs to be dealt with" As Bolton, Pompeo and Trump seemed to do all they could to push us toward *some* sort of conflict with Iran making the Hannity's and Linday Grahams of the world salivate.

Now, we have at the penultimate orgasmic climax of this recent US/Iran war hysteria...Iran shooting down a jumbo jet heading to the Ukraine?
Strangely the mainstream media is mentioning Flight 655 where almost 300 Iranians were shot down in 1988 by an American warship. Or 1988 Lockerbie not being "Libya". A big "oopsy" like the Ukrainian flight being shot down. Or twin Malaysian 777 flights in 2014 mysteriously going down. I'm just waiting for someone in the media to reference 1996 TWA Flight 800 being brought down by an "OOPSIE" Missile.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:25 am

Also, as some have mentioned....you're not going to have an actual hot war until you see a major amassing of US troops and weapons/vehicles in Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, etc. Which seems to be building up. Trump is trying to play to both the "anti war" far right and the pro war Lindsay Graham/Pompeo types. Thankfully most the Democrats and a good portion of Republicans are anti war, and the neocon Obama/Bidens and Bush/Cheney/Lindsay Graham types aren't as prominent. Sadly, all it'd take is a major terror attack blamed on Iran or proxies to sway Pelosi and old guard Dems to capitulate.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby BenDhyan » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:49 am

Perhaps it was not shot down....

Iran invites Boeing to probe Ukrainian airliner crash

By Associated Press January 10, 2020

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran has invited Boeing to take part in the investigation into a Ukrainian jetliner that crashed earlier this week at a time of soaring tensions between Washington and Tehran, killing all 176 people on board, state media reported Friday.

The move came after Western leaders said the plane appeared to have been unintentionally hit by a surface-to-air missile near Tehran hours after Iran launched ballistic missiles at two U.S. bases in Iraq to avenge the killing of its top general in an American airstrike.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/10/iran-invites-boeing-to-probe-ukrainian-airliner-crash/
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby BenDhyan » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:02 am

WATCH Ukrainian jet BURNING during minute-long descent before crash near Tehran

10 Jan, 2020

Footage purportedly showing the last moments of the Ukrainian Boeing 737-800 that crashed in Iran, killing 176 on board, has emerged online. The burning plane was airborne for about a minute before plummeting to its fiery doom.

The video was apparently shot by a motorist who was driving near the Iranian capital on Wednesday. It shows a bright flaming dot in the skies – apparently the Ukrainian jet – slowly moving towards the ground.

"The Ukrainian aircraft was on fire for more than one minute," Ali Abedzadeh, head of Iran's Civil Aviation Organization, said. "If it had been hit by a missile, it would have exploded immediately."

https://www.rt.com/news/477901-tehran-u%20...%20mpaign=RSS

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby kelley » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:20 am

is this what things were like in 1933 when hitler was chancellor

before all hell broke loose

because if so someone ought to nuke DC

stat
kelley

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:29 pm

kelley » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:20 am wrote:is this what things were like in 1933 when hitler was chancellor

stat

Not everyone who reads this is going to get that it is a joke, and that you are making fun of the currently banned FourthBase and his forced hypothetical-ethics scenario, in which he demanded (loudly and obnoxiously, until he was banned) that we must all pledge, unequivocally, that we would have chosen to drop an imaginary atomic bomb on Berlin in 1941, if an atomic bomb had already existed by then, and if we were somehow magically also the President -- YES-or-NO!!! Non-participation in his mandatory exercise, by his rules, was supposed to be ironclad proof that leftists are pro-Holocaust and anti-American.

Last edited by JackRiddler on Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby SonicG » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:16 pm

Damn...Banned already!? Good joke, Kelley...Who knows how this plane crash/downing will play out, but it could really heat things up if the claim of Iran shooting it down persists. Maybe Trudeau will get a war hardon for Iran himself. Suitcase nukes have been talked about since the 90s, no? Probably be easier to penetrate the Florida lodgings: the security has been proven to be very weak, easy to smuggle things into the country...But you are probably, extremely hypothetically, talking about the general better good of nuking the whole USG...Would probably be better than only taking out that orange android who may well be the anti-Hilary only in the sense that he bumbled into starting a ME war while Hillary would have willfully started it. Bolton directing policy from beyond the grave. Those dour frustrated visages of the four generals behind cadet bonespurs... From Internet tough guy - 52 sites! Remember the hostages ~ wtf?...to whimpering about NATO. Meaning Turkey. Meaning Russia? Dunno. Putin is in the area. But I imagine Putin, and certainly Xi, are just sitting back and watching how much mushroomdick can absolutely fuck up before making any moves.
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby norton ash » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:21 pm

Maybe Trudeau will get a war hardon for Iran himself.

Hey dude, the neighbours are fucking crazy, not us. We've just been gazing southward into the abyss.

We mourn and miss all those beautiful people killed, and I perceive no appetite for revenge among us.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Laodicean » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:45 pm

kelley » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:20 pm wrote:is this what things were like in 1933 when hitler was chancellor

stat

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby BenDhyan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:00 am

Iran admits to shooting down Ukrainian passenger plane unintentionally

CNN Updated 0510 GMT January 11, 2020

Iran unintentionally shot down the Ukrainian plane that crashed near Tehran this week, killing 176 people, the nation's state media reported.
The general staff of Iran's armed forces said the crash Wednesday was due to human error. Iran targeted the passenger plane unintentionally, Press TV said.
"A sad day. Preliminary conclusions of internal investigation by Armed Forces: Human error at time of crisis caused by US adventurism led to disaster," Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif tweeted. "Our profound regrets, apologies and condolences to our people, to the families of all victims and to other affected nations."

All the people on board the Boeing 737-800 were killed when the Kiev-bound plane crashed shortly after takeoff from Imam Khomeini Airport. The victims include 82 Iranians, 63 Canadians, 11 Ukrainians, 10 Swedes, four Afghans, three Germans and three British nationals.
Fragments of the plane had been taken to a hangar off-site to "reconstruct" it for the investigation, said Ali Abedzadeh, the head of Iran's Civil Aviation Authority. The victims' remains have been sent to a forensic lab for DNA testing.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/10/middleeast/iran-plane-crash-intl-hnk/index.html

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby 8bitagent » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:54 am

That's what's so ironic and tragic about this latest "WAR WITH IRAN SOON!...ANY DAY NOW!" episode.

The leader of Iran literally tweeted last week about Flight 655 in 1988 when the US military shot down and killed 290 people in response to Trump talking about "52" targets in homage to the 52 US hostages.
Even US mainstream media started talking about it, as unlike TWA Flight 800 and Lockerbie, Flight 655 has been more or less a taboo topic to explore in the media.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/10/middleea ... index.html

Now Iran offers up its own "mea cupla/hey my bad" moment in getting in front of the situation with the Ukrainian flight and saying "hey my bad, we fucked up". Weirdly Russia never offered up a mea culpa in 2014 for shooting down that Malaysian flight over Ukraine.

This 2020 thing is such a weird polite chess game. Trump kills their cult like beloved general and Iraq's Hezbollah militia leader. Iran threatens back. Trump threatens 52 military/cultural sites. Iran says "hey you killed 290 Iranians in 1988". Iran shoots 15 ballistics intentionally into an airfield. 3 hours later Iran kills 63 Canadians and even more of their own people on a Ukranian flight. "Tit for tat". Tit for tat. This should be a Monty Python sketch if they ever were to revive that show. Pretty soon Trump will be inviting Rouhani and the Ayatollah to Camp David. Or threatening to blow them to kingdom come. Just feels like a more bizarro gameplan than the neocons had in mind, even if it leads to the same apocalypse.
8bitagent

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion