Coming Soon - War with Iran?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coming Soon - War with Iran?

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:33 am

My skepticism is ON. Especially about the way the corporate media tried to turn protests of several thousand condemning the initial cover-up of the shootdown (imho probably justified, but compared to literal millions for the Suleimani funeral) into imminent regime change. They never tire of this charade, and as we've seen, the shit can actually work - as happened in Bolivia.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Harvey » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:01 am

We'll see if anything comes of it I suppose.

https://southfront.org/iran-investigati ... ng-report/
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Sounder » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:18 am

https://www.globalresearch.ca/west-run- ... ns/5700435

Soleimani had diplomatic immunity – and the US knew about it. But no rule, no law and no standard of ethics is respected by Washington. A behavior very much like the one of the Barbarians. General Soleimani, who was much more than a general, he was also a great diplomat, was asked by PM Abdul-Mahdi on behalf of Trump to come to Bagdad to be part of a mediation process that Trump asked PM Abdul-Mahdi to lead, to ease tensions between Iran and Saudi Arabia, as well as between the US and Iran. This was an abjectly, cowardly ploy to assassinate Qassem Soleimani. – How deep can you sink? There are no words to describe the horrible crime.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Another real Iranian voice: "Red Lines host Anya Parampil speaks with Setareh Sadeqi, a PhD candidate at the University of Tehran who lost family friends in the tragic Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 crash. Anya and Setareh discuss recent protests in Iran sparked by the crash, which western media have framed as a popular anti-government uprising. They also talk about the recent crackdown on Iranian news and social media accounts online, including the censorship of Press TV UK."

They also talk about the purges by Instagram, Twitter and other U.S.-based services purges of whole accounts, erasing every post because a user posted pictures of Soleimani. Ostensibly the companies do this to remain in compliance with the U.S. sanctions regime! They also talk about something that cannot be emphasized enough: sanctions are war. People in Iran are dying and suffering every day because of the sanctions. It's easy for Americans to think they have nothing to do with this, or that their country is not yet at war against Iran, but Iranians know this is already war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBGw5GMXb4c
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby Harvey » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:43 pm

^Yes.

Liked the film, thanks. I hope FB will watch it while he's stewing in purgatory.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Elvis » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:12 am

JackRiddler wrote: censorship of Press TV UK

Haven't heard details of UK censoring Press TV but for a couple of days the last week I couldn't get the vdeo to stream at all. I noticed some Google items loading in the destination bar. Now the presstv video streams normally again, and no Google scripts( right word?) in the destination bar.

Was Google assisting censorship of the presstv in the US?

They just had Gordon Duff on. :tongout

https://www.presstv.com/Live
"It seems to be what we have now is a political system which has essentially become, for the last thirty or forty years, a war on the human imagination."
(David Graeber)
Elvis

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:14 pm

Yeah, as you know yourself, the point isn't whether we endorse PressTV tout court, or RT, or AJ, or BBC, or DW, or NPRPBSRFA, or MSNBCCNNFOXCBSETC, or Chelsea Clinton's Daily Beast, or Politico (founded with the Riggs Bank fortune!). And I think seriously that some of these should be taken over and restructured, broken up, turned into public-access utilities without censorship (that would be the corporate ones, of course). But as long as these all exist in their current config, last entity I want deciding which we get to watch freely is the US national security state.

Last edited by JackRiddler on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JackRiddler

Postby kelley » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:50 pm

generalizing of course but it seems the only people who don't recognize American propaganda as propaganda are Americans

obvious

depressing

obviously depressing

depressingly obvious
kelley

Previous

Return to General Discussion