OK - we're back !

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: OK - we're back !

Postby justdrew » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Iamwhomiam wrote:Sorry, Drew! I did have it bookmarked, but thought Jeff had moved the blog from Blogger long ago to this site:
http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/v ... hp?t=26518

Thinking my bookmark was obsolete, I didn't click on it. (I have three for RI) I should have before commenting. But there's no paypal button there. Am I imagining having seen one there? I mean, that's a distinct possibility.

yeah, old bookmarks :-)

fyi for historical purposes (aka hysterical porpoises), the old /board/ location was superseded by the current /board2/ location during our efforts to cope with the database becoming corrupted while it was hosted at our old host. Some posts from the most ancient of days were lost in those early wanderings, but we still have a lot of posts going back 6+ years! (the oldest of which are annoying to read because they've got old 'ezboard' codes embeded within them, because in the way way back, the forum used a different software system called ezboard). I had put a redirect in to transfer requests from /board/ to /board2/ but not on the new server, it's best to let the old bookmarks die, rather than maintain the deprecated /board/ url for the rest of time.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Project Willow » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:47 pm

There are some new settings available with the blog, like giving yours its own name and tagline. See the blog tab in the user control panel (this is for the new RI theme anyway, I haven't checked the others).
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:29 pm

I do appreciate being able to see the date of the original posting, so thanks for that too!

On edit:

Just posted a short comment in the 'Is Art Magic?' thread responding to the previous posting by Willow. It seems another, Brekin, had posted as I was composing my message but I didn't see the "Another posting has been made..." warning. Will our new format exclude this helpful notice?
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Project Willow » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:49 pm

I haven't touched that function, it should still be working. It worked for me earlier. Let me know if it happens again.
Project Willow

Postby justdrew » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:12 am

the warning only appears if someone posts after you START a reply, if your page is unrefreshed but new posts have been made, and then you start a reply, you'l not be warned (unless there's ANOTHER new post after you hit reply). Kinda confusing but that's the deal :wink:

The RI 2012 theme does warn you of new posts (but when it does, it doesn't have a cancel button. Not a big deal, you can just navigate away to cancel.)

Oh I see, when you go to post generally, there is no cancel button. Not a big deal, some styles do have em, some don't.
justdrew

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:07 pm

Yes, Thanks Willow & Drew. I did notice it was there on a later posting.

New: Just wondering about this, after logging in today, I noted the time of my last visit to have been in May! What's up with that?
"Last visit was: Tue May 15, 2012 2:36 am

It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:00 pm"
Iamwhomiam

Postby justdrew » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Iamwhomiam wrote:Yes, Thanks Willow & Drew. I did notice it was there on a later posting.

New: Just wondering about this, after logging in today, I noted the time of my last visit to have been in May! What's up with that?
"Last visit was: Tue May 15, 2012 2:36 am

It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:00 pm"

remember that "keep me logged in" checkbox? IT let's you stay logged in for a LONG time (from the same computer) so you don't have to log in each time you visit.
justdrew

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Well, that would make sense, but I do delete cookies and history nearly every day. No biggie, just thought it was odd. Thanks for your response.
(or is it a cookie on RI that recognizes my computer? ["keep me logged in"])
Iamwhomiam

Postby justdrew » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Iamwhomiam wrote:Well, that would make sense, but I do delete cookies and history nearly every day. No biggie, just thought it was odd. Thanks for your response.
(or is it a cookie on RI that recognizes my computer? ["keep me logged in"])

clearing cookies will cause you to be required to log in again next visit. What you'd be doing actually is "re-validating your session" - the board considers you to still have a 'live' session, but when you come back, you don't have the cookie, and so can't take up that session. When you log in, you're re-attached to that session. Hence the last visit doesn't change. If you actually "logout" and log in again, the "last visit" date will update.
justdrew

Postby elfismiles » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:41 am

1 JD or any forum techy person ... what is UP with the "JUMPY" text box?!?!?!? It's driving me crazy.
3 The text field in which we type messages (to "Post a reply") starts jumping around (for me) if the text extends beyond the 13 lines of the box.
5 I've experienced this a couple times recently when quoting another message and ... I gotta say, it's really annoying.
7 The only alternative is to type my message elsewhere then paste it into the reply box.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Project Willow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:59 am

Are you using the new theme Elfis? It would help me a great deal if you'd let me know your operating system/version and browser/version so I can fix. It probably has to do the little bit of built in animation in the theme. These effects are very new and only the latest browsers can render them. They should deprecate well however. Thanks for letting me know.
Project Willow

Postby Project Willow » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Okay Elfis, I removed the transitions effects that I think might be causing the problem. Please let me know if it persists.

Also, mobile users... you should see the quote & edit buttons if you're logged in now.
Project Willow

Postby elfismiles » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Thanks pw. Sorry for not getting back about this.

When I mentioned it I was at work on a pc usin ie.

Am outta town and mostly reading the forum on my phone right now.

Thanks again to u and jd for all yer hard work
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:00 am

Still experiencing this jumping phenomenon ... using IE 8.0.6001.18702 on a PC running WinXP pro (day job pc).
elfismiles

Postby Project Willow » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:06 pm

^^ I have that set-up and will see if I can duplicate the issue.
Project Willow

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion