Monsanto's GMO Corn Linked To Organ Failure, Study Reveals

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:04 am

Katherine Goldstein/Gazelle Emami First Posted: 03/18/10 06:12 AM ET

In a study released by the International Journal of Biological Sciences, analyzing the effects of genetically modified foods on mammalian health, researchers found that agricultural giant Monsanto's GM corn is linked to organ damage in rats.

According to the study, which was summarized by Rady Ananda at Food Freedom, "Three varieties of Monsanto's GM corn - Mon 863, insecticide-producing Mon 810, and Roundup® herbicide-absorbing NK 603 - were approved for consumption by US, European and several other national food safety authorities."

Monsanto gathered its own crude statistical data after conducting a 90-day study, even though chronic problems can rarely be found after 90 days, and concluded that the corn was safe for consumption. The stamp of approval may have been premature, however.

In the conclusion of the IJBS study, researchers wrote:

"Effects were mostly concentrated in kidney and liver function, the two major diet detoxification organs, but in detail differed with each GM type. In addition, some effects on heart, adrenal, spleen and blood cells were also frequently noted. As there normally exists sex differences in liver and kidney metabolism, the highly statistically significant disturbances in the function of these organs, seen between male and female rats, cannot be dismissed as biologically insignificant as has been proposed by others. We therefore conclude that our data strongly suggests that these GM maize varieties induce a state of hepatorenal toxicity....These substances have never before been an integral part of the human or animal diet and therefore their health consequences for those who consume them, especially over long time periods are currently unknown."

Monsanto has immediately responded to the study, stating that the research is "based on faulty analytical methods and reasoning and do not call into question the safety findings for these products."

The IJBS study's author Gilles-Eric Séralini responded to the Monsanto statement on the blog, Food Freedom, "Our study contradicts Monsanto conclusions because Monsanto systematically neglects significant health effects in mammals that are different in males and females eating GMOs, or not proportional to the dose. This is a very serious mistake, dramatic for public health. This is the major conclusion revealed by our work, the only careful reanalysis of Monsanto crude statistical data."
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Monsanto's GMO Corn Linked To Organ Failure, Study Revea

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Easy solution: Just don't eat GMO corn.

Wait, it's in absolutely fucking everything, and it usually isn't even labelled as such?

Easy solution: Just don't eat ANYTHING.

Emaciated is the new black!
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:54 pm

If you have to eat corn stuff, make sure its organic.

I've been trying to do that, although when you're out and about its damn near impossible in this country.

Bought some tamales the other night for the fam. The store was handing out free samples and tasted great. At the table, eating them, I realized they're almost pure corn. Oops.

Yeah its a pain in the ass, obviously. But let's face it -- the United States is hazardous to your health.

On edit, after posting to FB and thinking about this:

This ALONE is enough reason for a full scale revolution in this country.

Because, quite literally, a POISON manufacturer has take over our government to the point that said POISON seller has taken to making our food POISON so that it can continue to force our farmers to buy its POISON and put it on the crops. The way they keep their POISON from killing the crops is to genetically alter the DNA of the crops so that the plants can be covered in POISON and not die. Thus we are served poison-covered crops that are themselves poisonous.

All subsidized and supported by our poison-company-infiltrated government.

Time to just fucking start hanging people. Its really a matter of self-defense at this point!!!

How am I supposed to not POISON my own children living in this country?? These fucking death-merchant criminals are making it impossible to not poison my own children!
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Not to diminish your concern in the least, Nordic, but the MIC has been even more toxic elsewhere. It's only now that the chickens have come home to roost that we are really taking notice. The MIC's real products are death and misery which they've been spreading all over the planet in every ecosystem for years. Some might even say it's only fair that Americans suffer, too.
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby Nordic » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:45 pm

Yes I'm quite aware of that but are you trying to tell me that my kids deserve to be poisoned?

Do any kids, anywhere, deserve to be poisoned?
Nordic

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:47 pm

No, absolutely not. In fact, none of us and none of the other denizens of Earth deserve any of this.
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby Nordic » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Any organization deliberately poisoning our food supply is a TERRORIST organization.

Right? By our PTB's very definition of terrorism.

This is bioterror, perpetrated by Monsanto.

They need to be dealt with accordingly.
Nordic

Postby slomo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Nordic wrote:Any organization deliberately poisoning our food supply is a TERRORIST organization.

Right? By our PTB's very definition of terrorism.

This is bioterror, perpetrated by Monsanto.

They need to be dealt with accordingly.

How? Given that they run this country.

If Paolo Bacigalupi truly has his pulse on the future of the world, then Monsanto will control everything for 1000 years.
slomo

Postby StarmanSkye » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:45 pm

Too true -- When you track their hands in dealing-out and profiteering from death and misery they absolutely ARE Terrorists, the whole PTB criminal-syndicate is the most sociopathic form of techno-corporate feudalism.

Consider that GMO corn as the source for cooking oils, baking meals and ingredients like corn syrup for much of our breads and processed-foods including candy, baked-goods and candy but also the BASIS for feed in the egg, poultry, beef, pork, lamb and pet-food industries -- it's ALL OVER thruout our society, globally.

So because Monsanto research 'scientists' found different diseases developing in male and female rats, they concluded that their 90-day study was sufficient to prove GMO maize BENIGN????

I'm with you, Nordic -- Hangings have been too-long deferred already, the bastards we entrust with our political, economic, medical, food and health interests are traitors to the nation and Humanity. That they are above the law, beyond accountability and actually game the system shows how utterly corrupt the system is and incapable of protecting the public's interest. Which goes to show how strategic the multi-fronted War On Terrrror is, its all about sidestepping the Biggest and REAL insider-threats, protecting their OWN 3-card Monte shell game franchises.

Hopefully more-and-more people are waking-up to how big and insidious the threat 'from within' is.
StarmanSkye

Postby dbcooper41 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:52 pm

http://www.wral.com/business/story/10540715/

it's the farmer's fault with their risky practices. :roll:

Farming practices threaten special type of corn :: WRAL.com
By RICK CALLAHAN, Associated Press
One of the nation's most widely planted crops — a genetically engineered corn
plant that makes its own insecticide — may be losing its ability to kill a major
pest.
Scientists fear potentially risky farming practices are spurring the rise of
insects immune to the sophisticated weaponry in so-called Bt corn.
When it was introduced in 2003, the corn seemed like the answer to farmers'
dreams because it would allow growers to bring in bountiful harvests using fewer
chemicals. It now accounts for 65 percent of all U.S. corn acres. The grain ends
up in thousands of everyday foods such as cereal, sweeteners and cooking oil.
But over the last few summers, rootworms have feasted on the roots of Bt corn in
parts of four states. That suggests some of the insects are becoming resistant.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.
dbcooper41

Postby slomo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:17 pm

dbcooper41 wrote:http://www.wral.com/business/story/10540715/

it's the farmer's fault with their risky practices. :roll:

Farming practices threaten special type of corn :: WRAL.com
By RICK CALLAHAN, Associated Press
One of the nation's most widely planted crops — a genetically engineered corn
plant that makes its own insecticide — may be losing its ability to kill a major
pest.
Scientists fear potentially risky farming practices are spurring the rise of
insects immune to the sophisticated weaponry in so-called Bt corn.
When it was introduced in 2003, the corn seemed like the answer to farmers'
dreams because it would allow growers to bring in bountiful harvests using fewer
chemicals. It now accounts for 65 percent of all U.S. corn acres. The grain ends
up in thousands of everyday foods such as cereal, sweeteners and cooking oil.
But over the last few summers, rootworms have feasted on the roots of Bt corn in
parts of four states. That suggests some of the insects are becoming resistant.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.

It's those damn reckless farmers again!
slomo

Postby Gnomad » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Basic bloody ecology. You mess with the system by poisoning insects en masse, of course they will evolve to be able to handle it. Soon, those with the traits enabling them to survive, will thrive in the fields planted with that "special corn", as their competitors are wiped out by the poison crops.

Same with antibiotics. It is not like they don't know this.
What surprises me is that they (the Monsanto biologists, assuming they employ any who have not gone through a lobotomy) think they can get away with such stuff.
la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Postby slomo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Gnomad wrote:Basic bloody ecology. You mess with the system by poisoning insects en masse, of course they will evolve to be able to handle it. Soon, those with the traits enabling them to survive, will thrive in the fields planted with that "special corn", as their competitors are wiped out by the poison crops.

Same with antibiotics. It is not like they don't know this.
What surprises me is that they (the Monsanto biologists, assuming they employ any who have not gone through a lobotomy) think they can get away with such stuff.

Yeah, it's pretty unbelievable that a biologist would fail to understand basic principles of natural selection. You'd have to almost willfully ignore it.

That said, I doubt it's the biologists in control of Monsanto. What you are seeing is MBA-think, from the executive level of the company. Most of the biologists are likely just trying to make a living, and putting up defenses to protect their psyches from the reality of what they are doing. That is hardly a noble thing to do, but on the other hand I am pretty sure that some of my own work has (in a small way) been used for evil purposes by companies such as Monsanto, though it was not designed for these purposes. It's hard not to feed the Beast, especially if you are trying to make a living. I suspect many of us here are in the same boat.
slomo

Postby Nordic » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:30 pm

I had an uncle who was some kind of VP at Monsanto. He was the vaguely "wealthy" member of this side of the family (my mother's side -- he married one of my mom's hot cousins) and frankly he was a classic corporate bastard. Charming and cunning as could be.

Anyway Monsanto is a truly evil corporation, and anyone working there knows damn well they've sold their souls to satan and are ok with it. I'm sure the company does some kind of psych eval to hire scientists who will whore themselves out willingly, even if it means they're a terrorist organization, poisoning the food supply of the world and leading farmers to commit mass suicide as they've done in india.

You can always find minions to do your evil. Apparently its actually pretty easy!
Nordic

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:01 pm

In Damien: Omen II, the Antichrist (Damien) is set to inherit a multinational corporation with plans to conquer the world through the control of agriculture.

Just sayin'.

"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Next

Return to General Discussion