How Gravity Works ?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

How Gravity Works ?

Postby slimmouse » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:57 am

Just been reading about the theories of Maurice Cotterell, and I find it particularly alluring, though I don't claim in any way to thoroughly understand it, (though I guess that since mainstream academic science talks about Gluons and Gravitons and other hitherto undiscovered particles which may yet prove to be a figment of the imagination, I suppose Im in good company.)

Any riggies understand this well enough to point out any stand out flaws for them ( in laymans terms please !)

A summary followed by a link with diagrams ;

The Hydrogen atom and helium atom generate helically polarised electromagnetic radiation from polar regions, that bombards neighbouring atoms, drawing them towards the source of the radiation. Gravity radiation then causes the nucleus of the neighbouring atom to spin axially ( the motor effect), and at the same time synchronises the spin of the electrons in both atoms. The neighbouring atom in turn generates helically polarised electromagnetic energy ( the generator effect ). Both atoms spin axially in the same direction. Hence the Gravitational forces from both atoms pull in the same direction and the forces are additive. The gravitational constant G is shown to be the instantaneous alternating magnetic force between any two electron magnets in neighbouring atoms , and hence the gravitation force (F) is proportional to G x m x M ( where m and M represent the electron count of neighbouring atoms)

Link to quote followed by diagrammatic clarification ;

http://mauricecotterell.com/gravity1a.html
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: How Gravity Works ?

Postby NeonLX » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:55 am

Just a *BUMP*. I ain't got smarts enough to evaluate it. But gravity has always fascinated me.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:07 am

NeonLX wrote:Just a *BUMP*. I ain't got smarts enough to evaluate it. But gravity has always fascinated me.

I love that comment. Like we had a choice about it. :twisted:
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby NeonLX » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:40 am

JackRiddler wrote:
NeonLX wrote:Just a *BUMP*. I ain't got smarts enough to evaluate it. But gravity has always fascinated me.

Heh-heh. :)

When I was about 5 or 6 years old, I thought my older brother was the wisest person on Earth (he's still a helluva lot wiser than I). He was an astronomy buff so I quickly became one too. One of my earliest questions to him was something along the lines of "How does gravity work?". IIRC, my question was answered by a shrug...
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby slimmouse » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:49 pm

OK Neon. Thanks for the anti gravity boost sending it back up the board. Cotterells thinking of course extends into understanding many spheres of importance to society today. As one example I notice its that damned hydrogen atom again playing its part, which would suggest why it is almost always a vital component of exotic energy exploration. (The link below will reveal a good number of others)

I think you might like the following interview, which expands on the stuff at the link I originally posted ;

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSuperpota ... sUINeUETwM
slimmouse

Postby Simulist » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:17 pm

JackRiddler wrote:

That's funny.

(Not enough to fall up laughing, but funny.)
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby 82_28 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Hmmm. Very fascinating. . .

Why, indeed! So many fascinating questions.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby DrEvil » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm not an expert, but after a quick read I'm gonna have to go with 'nonsense'.
He doesn't appear to be aware of quantum mechanics (never even mentioned as far as I can tell), he treats elementary particles as if they were macroscopic objects (completely ignoring wave/particle duality), applying torque, centrifugal force etc. to their behaviors, he ignores all the particles responsible for mediating interactions, like gluons, and he writes things like this :
His research explains how the 28-day spinning Sun regulates fertility in females and how it determines personality of the foetus in the womb (sun-sign astrology). It explains how the Sun causes schizophrenia, how mobile phones and overhead power lines cause cancer and how VDU's (TV and computer screens) cause miscarriages. And it explains how the Sun brings periodic catastrophic destruction to Earth every few thousand years.
http://mauricecotterell.com/

edit: spelling
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby elfismiles » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:52 pm

If you think you might be dreaming, try raising both legs off the ground simultaneously ... if you float (defying gravity) you are probably dreaming.

:eeyaa
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby DrEvil » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:58 pm

elfismiles wrote:If you think you might be dreaming, try raising both legs off the ground simultaneously ... if you float (defying gravity) you are probably dreaming.

:eeyaa

Haha. I used to dream that all the time when I was a kid. Even tried it and almost broke my tail bone :)
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby slimmouse » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:11 pm

DrEvil wrote:I'm not an expert, but after a quick read I'm gonna have to go with 'nonsense'.
He doesn't appear to be aware of quantum mechanics (never even mentioned as far as I can tell), he treats elementary particles as if they were macroscopic objects (completely ignoring wave/particle duality), applying torque, centrifugal force etc. to their behaviors, he ignores all the particles responsible for mediating interactions, like gluons, and he writes things like this :
His research explains how the 28-day spinning Sun regulates fertility in females and how it determines personality of the foetus in the womb (sun-sign astrology). It explains how the Sun causes schizophrenia, how mobile phones and overhead power lines cause cancer and how VDU's (TV and computer screens) cause miscarriages. And it explains how the Sun brings periodic catastrophic destruction to Earth every few thousand years.
http://mauricecotterell.com/

edit: spelling

Thanks for that Doc.

I must admit that some of his other theories are a bit out there to put it mildly. The absence of any explanation of quantum theory is a tad disconcerting also. That said the quarks and gluons and all the rest of it are part of the macroscopic ( relatively speaking) protons and electrons. So I do understand why in trying to explain how gravity works ( in his own model at least) doesnt neccesarily involve all these other things. I readlily confess, that I like his approach because he tries not to put the cart before the horse. Who actually knows how any of these things work ? From the best of what I can gather all of that is still speculation and up for grabs so to speak, and in the meantime we cant even explain how gravity works lol.

I guess when we find the higgs bosun, that should take care of it. :thumbsup
slimmouse

Postby Simulist » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Life is magic, even when science does seem to be able to explain it.

And when science can't explain it? Well, it's still magic, just more mysterious magic. :wink:

You think that it's not magic that keeps you alive? Just 'cause you understand the mechanics of how something works, doesn't make it any less of a miracle... which is just another word for magic. We're all kept alive by magic, Sookie.

— Bill Compton, True Blood
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Ben D » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:37 am

Fwiw, I like the theory that all is energy, and that matter particles, electrons for example, are spherical standing waves of energy that results from symmetrically balanced (spherical wave front) incoming energy wave pressure and the resultant outgoing wave pressure. The intra-atomic space and the inter-atomic space is one and is not a vacuum but energy at wavelengths shorter than Planck length, and is the same energy as that which comprises the so called sub-atomic particles. It is known as Zero Point Energy (ZPE) or Dark Energy, or the Higgs Field,...it is omnipresent.

Since this ZP energy is at such high pressure, and made up of a continuum of wavelengths, it will cause a pushing effect on anything that has less pushing pressure in the opposite direction. So for an example, the earth shields us from the pushing upwards energy from underneath of feet, but we are subject to the pressure pushing in on the planet from above, and it is this differential pressure that is experienced as gravity. ZPE is the real science behind the understanding of Inertia, and the principle at work is the same is similar to Gravity

I would suggest becoming familiar with ZPE and the Casimir Effect to understand that importance of the frequency/wavelength of ZPE and shielding, as a prerequisite to see how the principles at work in the micro may also be the same principle at work in the macro level.
Also check out how ZPE is the very source of that which we call Inertia, it at least is not difficult to understand.
There is That which was not born, nor created, nor evolved. If it were not so, there would never be any refuge from being born, or created, or evolving. That is the end of suffering. That is God**.

** or Nirvana, Allah, Brahman, Tao, etc...
Ben D

Postby norton ash » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:51 am

Path of least resistance. Weak force. It's like Aikido.

Which is exactly my approach to understanding physics.

I don't know much about science but I know what I like.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Ben D » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:21 am

Hmmm, the path of least resistance, I like that.

So let me see,..so every thing that happens, happens along the path of least resistance, and the movement will always be in the direction of reducing the differential energy pressure, whether it be physical, fluid, gaseous, plasma, electrical, magnetic, ether, etc...

Now I may lose some people here going from physics to metaphysics, but imo, though it is less obvious when it comes to the drivers of human activity, concepts like love and hate are just more complex workings of the same principle. :idea:
There is That which was not born, nor created, nor evolved. If it were not so, there would never be any refuge from being born, or created, or evolving. That is the end of suffering. That is God**.

** or Nirvana, Allah, Brahman, Tao, etc...
Ben D

Next

Return to General Discussion