Kony 2012

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Kony 2012

Postby Allegro » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:44 am

Armies of the Lord:
Militarists, Multinationals, and the Christian Right in Africa
— Submitted by Ann Garrison | Tue, 04/17/2012 - 14:45
AfrobeatRadio, 04.14.2012

Image Reverend Rick Warren said the opening invocation at Barack Obama’s inauguration in January 2009, and, the opening invocation at Rwandan President Paul Kagame’s Inauguration in September 2010. →

Bruce Wilson, co-founder of the Talk2Action, Reclaim Faith History and Citizenship website, Huffington Post and Alternet contributor, and expert on the politicized, Christian Right, on the compatibility of the evangelical Christian Right agenda and the US/NATO military and multinational agendas in Africa.

Special bonus clips: Saddleback megachurch pastor Reverend Rick Warren, urges his followers to follow Jesus, and him, like Nazis followed Hitler, and KONY 2012 video producer Jason Richards describes KONY 2012 as an evangelical “Trojan Horse.”

Audio

REFER The Prosperity Gospel; Prosperity Theology | White Savior Industrial Complex | The Joshua Project | 1040 Window | National Association of Evangelicals | National Christian Foundation | Campus Crusade for Christ | Focus on the Family | Family Research Council | The Family | Opus Dei | Dominion Theology | Reconstructionism | Christian Fundamentalism | Christian Dispensationalism | Christian Evangelism
Last edited by Allegro on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art will be the last bastion when all else fades away.
~ Timothy White (b 1952), American rock music journalist

Blog: View Blog (144)

Postby Hunter » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:41 am

Disgusting isnt it?
Hunter

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Last week or so, posters supporting the Invisible Children campaign appeared across the street from where I work. I took pics today...

... as for WHY there is a NITROGEN tank on the street corner near my day-job ... I have no idea. It's been there for a while and on certain days the tank spews vapor from its top and other times said vapor freezes up on the top.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Nordic » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Those same posters just showed up all over my neighborhood, too. Just about 5 days ago or so. Somebody put a lot of physical work into putting them up here -- I immediately wondered who paid for that (hmm they may have used their own version of child soldiers from what I hear)

A lot of them have already been torn down, strangely enough.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby MayDay » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:25 pm

I've been tearing those posters down as fast as they can get them up (whoever 'they' are- sorority chicks? I can tell you they've been the only source of IC propaganda in this city, at least until recently).

I'm actually kinda diggin all this IC and Kony 2012 BS. It's been a great chance to increase awareness of The Fellowship within my real life circles of loquacious friends. I try to start people off with the Rap News video, and them turn them on to Bruce Wilsons articles if they still seem interested.

{{off topic: I know the creepy nitrogen tanks you're referring to, elfismiles.

All I could find on it in a quick (lazy) search:
http://gothamist.com/2008/01/31/nitrogen_tanks.php

May be worth it's own thread, or not}}
MayDay

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:26 am

Just saw the first bumper sticker on an SUV in suburbia today.

This is a psyops campaign that is going to be unavoidable this prez campaign year.
Just try convincing naive dupes that this is a decoy of US military killing kidz by the thousands. See 'Fallujah.'
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:33 am

Cuz the US military only invades countries to Save The Kidz, y'know....
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:16 am

The level of psyops is so texturally rich but brilliant...why try and get the fuddy duddy conservatives support war, when you can easily trick and manipulate
the left? Once you got your average college kid to support war, well then you're in gold. I still feel sick thinking of how many "liberals" I encountered who supported "Afghanistan, the right war"

How an anti gay right wing evangelical group got so many "liberal" youth to support an invasion of Africa is beyond me.

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Just saw the first bumper sticker on an SUV in suburbia today.

This is a psyops campaign that is going to be unavoidable this prez campaign year.
Just try convincing naive dupes that this is a decoy of US military killing kidz by the thousands. See 'Fallujah.'

You see all these "brave" documentaries about Fallujah...all centered on the "hard battles our soldiers fought against insurgents"

Hardly anyone of them go into detail about the several thousand residents killed or maimed by the military.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Up like mushrooms here and seemingly gone as fast- although to be fair a hand printed banner strung from a pedestrian bridge was on a different bus route than I normally take and I don't know if it still stands.

We have a couple of evangelical youth groups at the U so it's a toss up whether it was them or nice young liberals what done it.

Whoever it is is well organized IRL and probably needs to be made more public if only for truth and edification.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:12 pm

To me the big elephant in the room is, why are all the liberals and US gov't giving millions plus support to a brutal regime that commits attrocities and wants to kill all gay people?

The government has given how many millions to these psychos? Unbelievable.

Invisible Children linked to virulently anti gay pastor in Uganda
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/03/1 ... ay-pastor/
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Nordic » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:16 am

Twyla LaSarc wrote:Whoever it is is well organized IRL and probably needs to be made more public if only for truth and edification.

Yeah. That.
Nordic

Postby wordspeak2 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:58 pm

8bitagent wrote:To me the big elephant in the room is, why are all the liberals and US gov't giving millions plus support to a brutal regime that commits attrocities and wants to kill all gay people?

You know why- because someone made a really good Youtube video that effectively played to emotion with no concern for the truth.
wordspeak2

Postby 8bitagent » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:29 pm

wordspeak2 wrote:
8bitagent wrote:To me the big elephant in the room is, why are all the liberals and US gov't giving millions plus support to a brutal regime that commits attrocities and wants to kill all gay people?

You know why- because someone made a really good Youtube video that effectively played to emotion with no concern for the truth.

Yes, but Ive seen this propaganda for awhile. Obama sent 100 or so troops to Uganda and has given close to 40 million dollars to the Ugandan government in recent years.
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:46 am

100 US troops and hundreds of African forces are scouring the deep jungles of the Congo looking for Kony.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47226591/ns ... 540avnld8E

Maybe they'll find Marlon Brando is at the heart of it all?
8bitagent

Postby Nordic » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:03 am

8bitagent wrote:100 US troops and hundreds of African forces are scouring the deep jungles of the Congo looking for Kony.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47226591/ns ... 540avnld8E

Maybe they'll find Marlon Brando is at the heart of it all?

If this is true, then the whole story just got even more weird. 'Hey, kids, make a viral video, and if enough people watch it, the government will send in troops to do your bidding!

WTF?

And seriously, why would the U.S. military give a rats ass about Kony? What is really going on there? It ain't what they're telling us, that's for sure.
Nordic

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion