Kony 2012

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Kony 2012

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:46 pm

What do you know, Germans made the documentary to debunk Kony 2012 as imperialist propaganda. Released 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfblIgTqHls
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Kony 2012

Postby Harvey » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:56 pm

The fun continues...

https://news.sky.com/story/bobi-wine-the-pop-star-the-presidency-and-how-politics-in-uganda-can-be-a-dangerous-business-12184079

In Uganda, running for the presidency can be a dangerous business - especially for pop star turned politician Bobi Wine.

The 38-year-old, who is the leading opposition in the country's upcoming presidential election, has told Sky News he has been targeted with bullets and tear gas and "miraculously" survived several attacks in the run-up to the vote.

"It's not out of fashion to put on a bullet-proof jacket and a ballistic helmet," he said. "It was an effort to secure my life some more. That is after I survived gun attacks more than once, more than twice, I was targeted. My car was riddled with bullets, flattening old tyres. And at one occasion, the military shoot into the windscreen of my car.

"Miraculously, I'm still alive and nobody was shot dead in my car. However, many of my close allies have been shot dead."

After making the improbable journey from the slums to the recording studios of East Africa, Wine - real name Robert Kyagulanyi - is now challenging the 35-year rule of Uganda's incumbent president, Yoweri Museveni.

His singing career, a genre he describes as "edutainment", took off in the early 2000s, with lyrics decrying urban poverty and political oppression, backed by catchy, feel-good beats.

Harnessing his musical fame to start a political revolution, he is promising equality, "a Uganda where we are respected and applauded on an international platform, not known for poverty, disease, corruption, and for dictatorship - that's the Uganda we envision as a generation".

https://www.ned.org/events/world-moveme ... c-renewal/
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Impressive

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:07 pm

You dug this one up, I'm wondering if you or anyone else can dig up the old ARG thread I started. Can't find it, the search noise is too great. All I can say is, Yeee-ARG!

EDIT: Found it! Posting my thoughts out loud here helped me locate it. Uh, thanks, I guess.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to General Discussion