Toynbee Ideas Resurrect Dead

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Toynbee Ideas Resurrect Dead

Postby elfismiles » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:42 pm

The Mysterious Tjipetir Blocks - Dark Slabs with Cryptic Writing Found on Beaches Across Europe
19 March, 2015 - 02:44 lizleafloor
http://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplai ... ing-020264

Probably Not Related but ... They are like tiles and the word "Tjipetir" instantly reminded me of "Jupiter" :partyhat
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby BrandonD » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:58 pm

I was performing this weekend at a music festival in Austin called south by southwest. As I was walking along 6th street I noticed a tile in the road that was exactly in the style of the toynbee tiles. I'm sure it was a replica, those hip Austinites are probably well aware of that documentary. But it was cool to notice it.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:31 pm

BrandonD » 23 Mar 2015 21:58 wrote:I was performing this weekend at a music festival in Austin called south by southwest. As I was walking along 6th street I noticed a tile in the road that was exactly in the style of the toynbee tiles. I'm sure it was a replica, those hip Austinites are probably well aware of that documentary. But it was cool to notice it.

Dang - I'll have to find that. Thanks for the headsup. Hope you (and your band?) had a good time here.
elfismiles

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:01 pm

Weird, I was just talking about Toynbee with my friends today. Word on the street is that the artist moved to New Jersey.

Two elements struck me today: he's an antisemite. Of course I noticed that in the texts before but I had never really linked the myth of the man with the contents of the message before.

Two: the David Mamet coincidence is mind-boggling. How could it be that someone called into Larry King's radio show in 1980 prattling on about Arnold Toynbee and Jupiter, four years before Mamet's play with some of the exact same elements debuted? Mamet denies listening to King's radio show in 1980.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby BrandonD » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:21 am

Luther Blissett » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:01 pm wrote:Weird, I was just talking about Toynbee with my friends today. Word on the street is that the artist moved to New Jersey.

Two elements struck me today: he's an antisemite. Of course I noticed that in the texts before but I had never really linked the myth of the man with the contents of the message before.

How exactly are you drawing this conclusion?
BrandonD

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:36 am

BrandonD » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:21 pm wrote:
Luther Blissett » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:01 pm wrote:Weird, I was just talking about Toynbee with my friends today. Word on the street is that the artist moved to New Jersey.

I think the manifesto tile complex made gave enough evidence for it:
John Knight Ridder is the Philadelphia thug hellion Jew who'd hated this movements guts- for years- takes money from the Mafia to make the Mafia look good in his newspapers so he has the Mafia in his back pocket. John Knight sent the Mafia to murder me in May 1991 [illegible] journalists [illegible] then gloated to my face about death and Knight Ridder great power to destroy. In fact John Knight went into hellion binge of joy over Knight-Ridder's great power to destroy.

I secured house with blast doors and fled the country in June 1991.

NBC attorneys journalists and security officials at Rockefeller Center fraudulently under the "Freedom of Information Act" all [illegible] orders NBC executives got the U.S. federal district attorney's office who got FBI to get Interpol to establish task force that located me in Dover England.

Which back home Inquirer got union goons from their own employees union to [illegible] down a "sports journalist". Who with ease bashed in lights and windows of neighborhood car- as well as men outside my house. They are stationed there still waiting for me.

NBC CBS group "W" Westinghouse, Time, Time Warner, Fox, Universal all of the "Cult of the Hellion" each one were Much worse than Knight-Ridder ever was[,] mostly hellion Jews.

When K.Y.W. and NBC executives told John Knight the whole coven gloated in joyous fits on how their Soviet pals found a way to turn it into a...

These were still visible when I first moved here.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby elfismiles » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:54 am

BrandonD » 24 Mar 2015 04:21 wrote:

Have you seen the documentary Brandon? As Luther indicated, apparently some of the tiles have pretty clear examples of such. Though of course, there is also evidence that some tiles are not by the original artist. So perhaps the anti-Semitic ones are knock-offs...

And yeah, the Mamet bit makes me think zeitgeist - noosphere - synch.
elfismiles

Postby BrandonD » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:05 am

elfismiles » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:54 am wrote:Have you seen the documentary Brandon? As Luther indicated, apparently some of the tiles have pretty clear examples of such. Though of course, there is also evidence that some tiles are not by the original artist. So perhaps the anti-Semitic ones are knock-offs...

Yes I saw the documentary but I don't remember that part of it, maybe I blocked it out because I wanted to like the guy! Anyone who pulls off such an elaborate and mysterious art project is someone who I'd really like to be awesome.

I wish there were 1000 Toynbee-style mysteries going on out there - by which I mean, cryptic mysteries that seem odd and vaguely creepy, but not downright EVIL like pedophilia cults and police state conspiracies and such.
BrandonD

Postby elfismiles » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:58 am

BrandonD » 24 Mar 2015 15:05 wrote:Yes I saw the documentary but I don't remember that part of it, maybe I blocked it out because I wanted to like the guy! Anyone who pulls off such an elaborate and mysterious art project is someone who I'd really like to be awesome.

I wish there were 1000 Toynbee-style mysteries going on out there - by which I mean, cryptic mysteries that seem odd and vaguely creepy, but not downright EVIL like pedophilia cults and police state conspiracies and such.

I know what you mean Brandon ... I was SOOOO wanting to like the guy behind this mystery but he is likely, as so many paranoids are, perceiving his "persecution" through his own biased filters which apparently include old fashioned hatreds.

But yeah, wish there were more of these kinds of mysteries ... there probably are but we just can't see them ... without special glasses:

:coolshades

Set Augmented-Reality-Glasses to "Xenophobe"

elfismiles

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:34 pm

BrandonD » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:05 am wrote:
elfismiles » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:54 am wrote:Have you seen the documentary Brandon? As Luther indicated, apparently some of the tiles have pretty clear examples of such. Though of course, there is also evidence that some tiles are not by the original artist. So perhaps the anti-Semitic ones are knock-offs...

Yes I saw the documentary but I don't remember that part of it, maybe I blocked it out because I wanted to like the guy! Anyone who pulls off such an elaborate and mysterious art project is someone who I'd really like to be awesome.

Fully agree as well. I had somehow blocked it until I went and re-read the manifesto tiles yesterday. I think it's because they really save the full, beyond-a-reasonable-doubt evidence for the very end, after they had moved beyond the contents that I failed to make any sort of connection.

Bear in mind that the neighbors did recall a break-in, after which he changed his behavior. I fully believe that the break-in was real and that it may have even had a motive that went beyond the material. The guy also lived in a neighborhood which, until Joey Merlino was put away in 2001, was the site of massive amounts of trickle-down organized crime activity. I once believed that it was a permanent fixture of the neighborhood. Today, that neighborhood is nowhere near gentrification status but violent crime has dropped precipitously (for myriad reasons [like lead paint], not just Merlino's imprisonment). It's just crazy because the change came fast.

I've concocted some elaborate fables in my mind of the artists' clandestine meetings with journalists in the late 70s and early 80s in order to try and disseminate this message, only to be laughed away. In the paranoid mind I can see this being taken other ways. There was (and still is) a lot of corruption in the city back then and our local media was especially colorful.
Luther Blissett

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:03 pm

Our actual Streets Department has drafted a policy to halt resurfacing projects if ever they come across an old Toynbee tile in order to pull it up and save it for posterity. This I just can't believe, it's hard to imagine these guys caring about preserving public art.

http://planphilly.com/articles/2015/10/ ... rect-a-few
Luther Blissett

Postby elfismiles » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:19 pm

Thanks LB. Go Team Archivist!

Luther Blissett » 02 Oct 2015 21:03 wrote:Our actual Streets Department has drafted a policy to halt resurfacing projects if ever they come across an old Toynbee tile in order to pull it up and save it for posterity. This I just can't believe, it's hard to imagine these guys caring about preserving public art.

http://planphilly.com/articles/2015/10/ ... rect-a-few
elfismiles

Previous

Return to General Discussion