Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Sander Hicks writes a play about dead 9/11 witness

Postby wordspeak2 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:41 am

Interesting. I've always liked Sander.

http://911blogger.com/news/2012-05-07/real-911-trials

The Real 9/11 Trials:
submitted by Sander Hicks on mon, 05/07/2012 - 2:13pm
The Real 9/11 Trials:

Interview with Sander Hicks Regarding his new play Bronze Star, on the life and death of Dr. David Graham, a slain American whistle-blower.

Sander, New York hasn’t seen you write a new play in about ten years. Why now? What's up?

Well, I am inspired by the courage and the self-sacrifice of this guy Dr. David Graham. I never met him, but I feel really close to him. Like me, he spent some time trying to put together the puzzle of the 9/11 event. He met two of the so-called "9/11 Terrorists" ten months before 9/11. He tried to do the right thing, and he met with the FBI several times, before 9/11. But then, he died. And not enough people have asked “why?” I have been to his hometown, down in Louisiana, several times. Graham was beloved in his community, he was a great guy. But the newspaper in Shreveport didn't write the obvious: it was weird that Graham died right as his new book on his 9/11 terrorist experience was about to come out. His life is one hell of a drama. There are immense political and social and spiritual forces clashing around this man’s life.

But 9/11? That’s past. Come on, it happened almost 11 years ago.

Look how the "9/11 Trials" are finally under way just now as I write this, down there in the hell of Guantanamo. US Military tribunals, and not due process, for people we have already tortured. From the President's comments, you would think those Arab suspects have already been found guilty. But just the opposite. We never yet proved these people did 9/11. If you think we did, stop and ask yourself why you think that, and what scientific evidence is it based on?

These trials are happening now, after 11 years of delay and drama. And our play is going up this week as well, after a couple years of working on it. It's a wonderful coincidence. You be the judge - which presentation is more truthful? By telling this story, of the personal journey of one man working alone, this play asks the hard questions about 9/11: how did it happen? Was it allowed to happen, or made to happen? Was it really "Arab terrorists?" Why were there so many strange connections between the "19 terrorists" and the CIA and US Military? Specifically, why did Dr. Graham see them have such access to Barksdale Air Force Base?

The play asks, or touches on, a larger spiritual, or philosophical question. How are our beliefs created, in this age in which the truth itself seems trampled by brutal forces? Why do we believe something, just because the government and media say it’s so? Why cling to a thing that never has never been proven true? Maybe we are under the influence of fear, and not reason? If so, we are not free.

How did 9/11 affect your career as a playwright and publisher?

Wow, it was a double whammy! I was running Soft Skull Press when the Bush biographer Jim Hatfield suddenly showed up dead in a motel room in Arkansas, in July of 2001, two months before 9/11. So, I was shattered by this, like my bones were all shattered at once. I had so much riding on Jim Hatfield, and his Bush book, all my chips were on him. Around that same time, I had won a generous commission from Playwright's Horizons, to do a new play. I thought that I should take some time off from Soft Skull Press, to write that play, (and to investigate Jim's suicide, and do some other things.) The play I wrote for the commission, Sarcoxie and Sealove, was about the anti-corporate globalization movement, told through the lives of a brother and sister who are the children of an IMF economist. It ended in a revolutionary situation, the people rise up, kind of like Occupy. But the good people at Playwright's Horizons felt that the tone of the country was not open to revolutionary situations. It was right after 9/11. The 9/11 event had sort of re-written what was allowable to say, but no one was willing to phrase it in exactly those terms. It's different in NYC, and the USA now. Now, we have the people rising up. People are occupying public space, and that movement right now is trying to figure out the most effective way forward. The time is right for this play.

How is it working with Yana Landowne and the cast?

Yana is so very smart, and also very tough. She’s like my Mom! She cares a lot about taking care of the actors. We have been doing all this on a tight budget, and I’m really grateful. Love her a lot.

The cast is super-talented and committed to the project. No prima donnas, these guys have been around. Most of them I knew already, like Jeffery Emerson who did my play The Breaking Light with me in NYC and LA, back in the 90’s. Bronze Star inspired him to come out of retirement! He is a young, good-looking guy and he plays FBI agent Steve Hegel. Elliot Crown and Lenny Vretholm I know from 9/11 Truth circles. Len is our lead, masterfully playing Dr. Nick Grand, the character based on Dr. David Graham. Elliot is the bad guy, M.J. Khan, who is based on the real-life terrorist “handler” of the same name. The way Elliot is doing it he’s dressing up the part with plenty of color, like a nemesis from a James Bond film, thick accent and everything. Elliot also doubles as Phil Zelikow, in a scene in which a whole different kind of acting is required, the mild-mannered DC bureaucrat, the real “bad guy”, underneath the calm veneer.

Where will the play go up?

We are in a very special space--a cathedral-sized old Lutheran church, at 626 Bushwick Ave, in Bushwick, Brooklyn. It's a wonderful community of artists and musicians who work in studios in the old school next door, adjacent to this enormous church space, where the pulpit and stained glass are still intact. I built a large stage there, as a part of our deal to do the play. Being in the space so much, I feel all the prayers, the weddings, the funerals, and the newborn baptisms that have been done there over the last hundred years. A new kind of fellowship is coming in now, in the form of art and theatre. A theatre that embraces the political realities of our day, but a theatre that also stays in rhythm with the quest for truth, the spiritual journey that people like Jesus and Buddha invite us to go on. David Graham also invites us to go on this journey. This story, after all is his journey into a valley of darkness. He didn't survive, but in a way, this play keeps his light burning.

MORE INFO on BRONZE STAR:

Bronze Star

The New Play by Sander Hicks

A staged reading workshop, based on the life and death of Dr David Graham.

Wed, Thurs, Fri
May 9, 10 and 11.

626 Bushwick Ave, BK, NYC,
Old St. Marks Cathedral Space

7:30 pm, and live music after!

Graham met two of the "9/11 Terrorists" ten months before 9/11. He warned the FBI but was confounded by their inaction and hostility. He died on the eve of publishing his book.

Sliding scale tix. $10-$20 Suggested. RSVP here.

Free Admission with on site purchase of Sander Hicks's new book Slingshot to the Juggernaut.
wordspeak2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Sander Hicks writes a play about dead 9/11 witness

Postby sunny » Tue May 08, 2012 7:53 am

Wow, sounds great. I wish I could be there to see it.

Nothing like this ever happens around here. ;)
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby wordspeak2 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:34 am

Yeah... any of our NYC cabal going to be able to hit this this?
wordspeak2

Postby StarmanSkye » Tue May 08, 2012 10:38 am

Yeah, wow -- sure would be great to see this. Nothing like that happens around here either! A lot of us live in the hinterlands ...

DanG!
StarmanSkye

Postby thurnundtaxis » Tue May 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on this!

Its pretty much right in my neighborhood so I'll be attending.

How 'bout you, Jack?

Purchase of his new book gets you in to the event.

http://www.sanderhicks.com/slingshot.html

"Following after his heroes Gandhi and Jesus, Hicks uses Slingshot to accomplish an ‘experiment in truth’ that enlivens our hearts and opens our eyes to the central issues of our time. His experiment ranges from autobiographical scenes of direct action to impressive journalistic research and political analysis. He concludes with the offering of an original political program that arises out of heart-felt theological reflections. This rich piece of passionate writing is a huge gift those of us who have wondered about the deeper meanings of 9/11 truth.”

—Byron Belitsos, cofounder of 9/11Truth.org and coauthor of A Return to Healing

"Hicks's Slingshot to the Juggernaut provides detailed 'filling in of the blanks' in the 9/11 saga. This book serves as a wake-up call for an independent investigation of 9/11, which has had disastrous effects on America's democracy. Read it and demand accountability from your government!"

—Wayne Madsen, author, journalist, and nationally-distributed columnist.

Slingshot to the Juggernaut is about 9/11 Truth, peace, love, and how to confront evil in a confused time.

We start with the issue of 9/11 Truth, by covering:
The life and death of Dr. David Graham of Shreveport LA (who met two of the 9/11 patsies, and warned FBI. Graham died a mysterious death on the verge of publishing his own book.
The author then recounts his head-on personal confrontations and conversations with Able Danger's Anthony Shaffer, Rudy Giuliani, Dick Cheney, Eliot Spitzer, and Anthrax cover-up artist Jerry Hauer.

From this darkness, we go back into light. Is it possible that the USA's legacy as a "truth machine" is a legacy not forgotten forever, but just temporarily misplaced?

Could a Truth Party unite Americans around simple virtues of peace and honesty?

thurnundtaxis

Postby jcivil » Tue May 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Big ups!
Stand Firm!
jcivil

Postby christs4sale » Tue May 15, 2012 11:39 am

Funny how he leaves his endorsement for CIT in 2009 out of the table of contents of the book. That was a pretty nauseating experience after reading his excellent chapter on the Pentagon in his earlier book.

See these links for a bit of inconvenient history on Hicks:

http://www.truthmove.org/forum/topic/1432?replies=27

http://www.truthmove.org/forum/topic/1551?replies=93

http://911truthburnout.blogspot.com/200 ... e-big.html
christs4sale

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Tue May 15, 2012 1:02 pm

thurnundtaxis wrote:Thanks for the heads-up on this!

Its pretty much right in my neighborhood so I'll be attending.

Did you attend?

If so, give us the scoop.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby JackRiddler » Tue May 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Sadly t&t and I both missed it for work-related reasons. Anyone else go?

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby wordspeak2 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Christs4sale, thanks for the links. So Hicks supports Tarpley and Fetzer, etc. That's unfortunate. I can see that, though. Tarpley I've actually never read in full, but from reading clips and watching videos I think he has a lot of truth, but he's a blatant Larouchite.
Hicks is certainly an interesting character. But from a 9/11 angle, all cynicism aside, I would say at the point- the third, fourth, fifth, or whatever round it is- our best bet would be to focus on one or two angles- I would vote for the failure of air defense response- and just keep hammering at those memes. It would be next to impossible, but maybe not impossible, to break any sort of story at some point, but public opinion is ever-evolving/changing.
wordspeak2

Postby christs4sale » Thu May 17, 2012 10:37 am

Hicks was sort of a complex situation. More so than most other people that were spewing the same sort of very obviously false information on the NYC scene at that point. Those who have read his work or have spoken to him know that he is very smart and well-read. Way too smart to honestly believe what CIT was promoting (There were plenty of people at the We Demand Transparency Conference that Sander ran in 2009 who honestly believed that the Pentagon Fly-over "Theory" was viable. Craig Ranke literally received a standing ovation after his speech. To give credit where it is due, Ranke could talk a dog off of a meat wagon.). I think that something went wrong with Sander during that time period and it caused him to sell something that he did not believe. I am also not claiming that I think I know what happened exactly, although I think I have a general idea from piecing together some facts and some reasonable speculation. This being said, his new book looks to be a good, honest effort in the spirit of The Big Wedding. I would be curious as to what he would say about his CIT days if he were asked about them now.
christs4sale

Postby wordspeak2 » Fri May 18, 2012 6:54 am

Interesting. But, wait, what is "CIT"?
wordspeak2

Postby christs4sale » Fri May 18, 2012 11:07 am

Citizens Investigation Team. Promoted the "theory" that Flight 77 flew over the Pentagon.

Read more here:

http://911reports.wordpress.com/tag/cit ... tion-team/
christs4sale

Postby Elvis » Sun May 20, 2012 10:40 pm

Sander Hicks will be on "Coast to Coast AM" tonight, for those who can stand it.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby slimmouse » Tue May 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Elvis wrote:

Sander Hicks will be on "Coast to Coast AM" tonight, for those who can stand it.

I listened to the interview. Like most of us, Sander Hicks may well have got some things wrong in most peoples eyes, but I heard a passion in his voice that any wilful servant of the reptiles is simply incapable of.

Referenced Dr Graham, of course, and Wolfgang Boeuringer amongst many other names that any 9/11 skeptics need to know about.

Lots of dynamite and food for thought there IMHO.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Next

Return to General Discussion