Human foot in suspicious package at Conservative Party HQ

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Human foot in suspicious package at Conservative Party H

Postby dqueue » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:16 pm

Jeff wrote:
dqueue wrote:I seem to recall indications that the video existed in mid-May, around the 15th or 16th? Yet, the media timeline indicates the video showed up on May 26. Were the ramblings mid-May just allusions to a video to come? So, pre-meditation?

The "promo" videos on youtube since the 15th had thumbnail images that looked like screen captures of the video. There's been one media story, I think, about the time discrepancy, and nothing more. And no answer.

Okay. Thank you! And that's a fairly enormous discrepancy.
We discover ourselves to be characters in a novel, being both propelled by and victimized by various kinds of coincidental forces that shape our lives. ... It is as though you trapped the mind in the act of making reality. - Terence McKenna
dqueue

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Hunter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:28 am

His last post on CL before his arrest allegedly:

http://berlin.de.craigslist.de/mob/3054664734.html
Hunter

Postby Hunter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:31 am

His new Police Mugshot from Berlin:

https://twitter.com/Org9/status/2097309 ... 28/photo/1

Does he look a little John Mark Karr in that pic or is it just me...
Hunter

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:04 am

They are reporting that a has been actor Derek MacKinnon of (original) Terror Train fame, who also happened to be a female impersonator, lived in the same building as Magnotta.

I'd be interested to know more about the other tenants, and who owns that building.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby Jeff » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:35 pm

Alchemy wrote:Does he look a little John Mark Karr in that pic or is it just me...

Now you mention it. I'd found something naggingly familiar about him, and that could be it.

And apparently he's decided not to context extradition, so he could be returned to Canada in about a week.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby barracuda » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:47 pm

Police revealed for the first time Tuesday that Luka Rocco Magnotta, accused of the grisly murder of a Chinese national studying in Montreal, is alleged to have eaten parts of his victim before sending other parts in the mail to political parties.

Investigators also said that the right foot, right leg and the head of Lin Jun, 33, are still missing.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Mag ... story.html
barracuda

Postby Nordic » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:25 pm

He reminds me, visually, of Deborah Harry.

Sorry to say. :(
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Hunter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Indeed, Jeff. He is not fighting extradition and I have read that he is denying all involvement in this case, there are also reports coming out now that witnesses who saw him on the plane out of Canada on the way to France said he was crying and complaining of being sick.

Laying a possible defense? He discovered he was being framed and went on the run?

Ill post links as I find them.
Hunter

Postby Hunter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Nordic wrote:He reminds me, visually, of Deborah Harry.

Sorry to say. :(

I can see that.
Hunter

Postby Simulist » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Alchemy wrote:Indeed, Jeff. He is not fighting extradition and I have read that he is denying all involvement in this case, there are also reports coming out now that witnesses who saw him on the plane out of Canada on the way to France said he was crying and complaining of being sick.

Maybe it was something he ate.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Hunter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Here we go friends, police now saying they have the RAW VERSION meaning unedited version of the kill video, the one most of us seen had no death shot taped and a lot of stuff was edited out BUT IT WAS STILL A HORRIBLE thing to see, but now they are saying the have the entire unedited tape, thats big. Also they have more evidence to tie him to this crime than we first thought:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...y-suspect?bn=1

With body parts arriving in Ottawa by mail and a putrefying torso found inside a suitcase in Montreal, it didn’t take police long to zero in on accused Toronto-born killer Luka Rocco Magnotta.

Police spent 18 hours sifting through a heaping rubbish pile in the back alley of a dingy apartment building in Montreal’s western Côte-des-Neiges neighbourhood. They found other body parts, including a left leg and arm, as well as “sharp and blunt” objects.

More importantly, police revealed Tuesday, they found documents and papers that pointed them to the 29-year-old Magnotta, who changed his name from Eric Clinton Newman.

Video surveillance footage from the apartment building showed Magnotta bringing several bags to the garbage heap, Montreal major crimes unit Commander Denis Mainville explained.

Investigators were then able to match those images with surveillance footage captured at a Canada Post office in Cote-des-Neiges.

On Tuesday, they were outlining more information about their investigation. Following the rubbish pile search, which happened on May 29, they later obtained a search warrant to enter Magnotta’s nearby studio apartment and found blood on the mattress, in the fridge and freezer, as well as other small body parts.

“It was a graphic scene,” Lafreniere observed.

Police clarified that there are still body parts they haven't recovered, including the head.

Lafreniere also confirmed police have a “raw” version of the infamous video of the murder that was posted to the Internet. That version was visibly edited. It shows the perpetrator repeatedly stabbing the victim with an ice pick, then cutting up the body.
Last edited by Hunter on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunter

Postby Hunter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Simulist wrote:
Alchemy wrote:Indeed, Jeff. He is not fighting extradition and I have read that he is denying all involvement in this case, there are also reports coming out now that witnesses who saw him on the plane out of Canada on the way to France said he was crying and complaining of being sick.

Maybe it was something he ate.

:thumbsup :thumbsup
Hunter

Postby Jeff » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:19 pm

I suppose we should hope there's a link.

Body parts sent to Vancouver schools; possible link to Magnotta case

The human hand and foot mailed to two Vancouver schools could be linked to the Luka Rocco Magnotta dismemberment case, police say.

Vancouver and Montreal police are working to determine if the human remains discovered Tuesday in Vancouver are linked to the case, which began with the grisly discovery of a human foot and hand mailed to the Ottawa offices of the Conservative and Liberal parties last week.

Those body parts were identified as belonging to 33-year-old Lin Jun, a Chinese national who was studying at Concordia University.

Staff at False Creek Elementary discovered the hand at 1 p.m. on Monday, said Vancouver Deputy Police Chief Warren Lemcke.

Bruce Murton, principal at False Creek Elementary, said the white package arrived through the mail and was collected by the secretary.

“It smelled. It was a suspicious, smelly package,” the principal said in an interview.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/bri ... cmpid=rss1
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Hunter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:20 pm

Oh no body parts sent to schools showing up today.
Hunter

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Jeff wrote:I suppose we should hope there's a link.

Body parts sent to Vancouver schools; possible link to Magnotta case

The human hand and foot mailed to two Vancouver schools could be linked to the Luka Rocco Magnotta dismemberment case, police say.

Vancouver and Montreal police are working to determine if the human remains discovered Tuesday in Vancouver are linked to the case, which began with the grisly discovery of a human foot and hand mailed to the Ottawa offices of the Conservative and Liberal parties last week.

Those body parts were identified as belonging to 33-year-old Lin Jun, a Chinese national who was studying at Concordia University.

Staff at False Creek Elementary discovered the hand at 1 p.m. on Monday, said Vancouver Deputy Police Chief Warren Lemcke.

Bruce Murton, principal at False Creek Elementary, said the white package arrived through the mail and was collected by the secretary.

“It smelled. It was a suspicious, smelly package,” the principal said in an interview.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/bri ... cmpid=rss1

there's nothing else to say except OMG.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion