Strange clusterings of missing persons cases.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Strange clusterings of missing persons cases.

Postby Freitag » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am

Nordic wrote:What, nobody disappears from Texas??

Just the opposite, in fact. Paulides said there were so many Texas and Florida cases, he had to exclude them. He may write a third volume about those states.
Freitag

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justdrew » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:14 am

justdrew wrote:noticed this on youtube...

so that was the second time listening to Paulides (tracked down the c2c interview too)

I know it's probably silly, but I can't help but think I'm listening to Daniel Hopsicker (who I listened to often on Dave Emory's FTR)... Minus the frequent um ums, otherwise they seem to have very similar voices and speaking styles. I don't know, what do you think?

have they ever been seen together? :shrug:
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby justdrew » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:15 am

Freitag wrote:
Nordic wrote:What, nobody disappears from Texas??

Just the opposite, in fact. Paulides said there were so many Texas and Florida cases, he had to exclude them. He may write a third volume about those states.

some of the cases are indeed very strange, wild stuff, please do let us know how you like the books.
justdrew

Postby justdrew » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:33 pm

ok, no. I don't think Paulides and Hopsicker may be the same person. never mind. :eeyaa
justdrew

Postby Elvis » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:27 am

David Paulides is on the radio right now, new interview with George Knapp on "Coast to Coast AM."
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby zangtang » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:44 am

shit me, this was from 3 years ago already?
- the suspicious clustering of disappearances in various national parks?
must be sliding towards oblivion in a half-waking coma.
not good.
zangtang

Postby Elvis » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:28 am

zangtang » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:44 am wrote:shit me, this was from 3 years ago already?
not good.

And this is the fourth book in his "Missing 411" series, with new cases etc. In the interview he brought out more info, talked about some patterns emerging from the data. It's a profound mystery.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby slomo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:37 pm

I've long been intrigued by the so-called Headless Valley (Nahanni National Park Reserve in Canada):
It was during this era of miners seeking their fortunes among the rugged terrain of Nahanni that the valley’s more insidious and macabre legend began to emerge, particularly in a part of the park called the 200 Mile Gorge. In 1908, brothers Willie and Frank McLeod came prospecting in the valley just as many others had done before them. The two packed up their gear, headed out into the wilderness, and never returned. After a year had passed, it was presumed that the brothers must have succumbed to the elements or any of the countless perils the area had to offer, such as sinkholes, jagged gorges, and wild animals. Some rumors suggested that the two had succeeded in finding one of the mythical veins of gold thought to dot the valley and had made off with their fortune without telling anyone. Then, as suddenly as they had vanished, the two men were found dead along the river. Their bodies had been decapitated and the heads were nowhere to be found.

A spooky story to be sure, but it would not be an isolated case, nor the last victims the valley would claim. In 1917, a Swiss prospector by the name of Martin Jorgenson made his way to Nahanni to try his hand at finding gold. At first, Jorgenson seemed to have settled well in the valley. He built a cabin, ran a small mining operation, and was generally well-known by settlers in the area. When Jorgenson’s cabin mysteriously burned down to the ground, the prospector’s skeleton was found among the ashes without its head, and a search of the charred remains of the cabin found no trace of the skull. In 1945, a miner from Ontario was found dead in his sleeping bag without his head. Around the same time, a trapper named John O’Brien was found frozen to death in the nearby wilderness with his hands clutching a pack of matches in a death grip right next to a campfire pit that showed evidence of having had a fire going. Those who had stumbled across the corpse described having the feeling that the unfortunate trapper had been flash frozen within seconds.
slomo

Postby slomo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:44 pm

There's also the Bridgewater Triangle, which (to my knowledge) has no missing persons reports associated with it, although it is associated with some murders. My ex grew up nearby, and certain parts of it were well known to be creepy/suspicious. Ex's Dad would say "you wouldn't want to go blueberry picking alone in the Hockamock Swamp".
slomo

Postby RocketMan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:22 pm

This is disturbing on so many levels. This interview flipped me out.

-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby cptmarginal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:13 pm

zangtang wrote:shit me, this was from 3 years ago already?
not good.

I did a double take on the date for a second there, too

You're probably remembering this thread from last year: Missing 411 - David Paulides
The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:15 pm

I haven't read of any missing persons in national parks lately, but Bennington is less than 40 miles from my home in NY. If you're ever headed that way, you would be remiss not to visit the phenomenal Blue Ben diner. I often travel east to visit Williamstown, home of Williams College, America's most expensive college, to view their gallery and then to the Clarke Institute of Art, which most recently acquired the beautiful Bierstadt (on loan) as the result of a wager with the Seattle Art Museum after the Patriots kicked Seattle's butt in the Superbowl. The loan of the Winslow Homer Seattle Art Museum would have received from the Clark, imho, was not worth the wager.

However, there is a great pyramid in Great Barrington, just west of Monument Mountain, the location of which is a closely guarded secret. This is all you'll get from me: It is just west of Monument Mountain on private property at the edge of a cornfield bordered by a creek. According to Indian legend, Monument Mountain achieved its height from rocks deposited by passing natives paying homage to a young Indian woman who committed suicide after being prohibited by custom from marrying her one true love, her cousin. The Pyramid is not small, and it is baffling.

Great Barrington Historical Society & Museum was the first to induct UFO abductees, the Thomas Reed family, as members and their story credible:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/02/23/berkshires-museum-says-alien-encounter-true/kTFw5NRfJLzax8pYD49G2N/story.html

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/editorials/2015/03/02/the-truth-out-there-but-not-necessarily-museums/DbeHB3DANR1tu25mXT64mO/story.html

(More info can be found on various ufo sites.)

Bennington does have its monster: Image

The so called "Bennington Triangle" seems to me to be a misnomer, though the area south of Bennington, in the Berkshires range, has had lots of UFO reports.

I will be visiting Glastenbury Mountain, northeast of Bennington, to gawk in wonder at the cairns. Click here or on the last link on the page for more sites and interesting information.

And I will be visiting Stockbridge, home of Norman Rockwell, to visit its cairns. I will report back if I don't step on the man-eating rock!

Image http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/05/the-bennington-triangle-and-the-man-eating-stone-of-glastonbury-mountain/

Here's more on the Bridgewater Triangle

:backtotopic:
Iamwhomiam

Postby cptmarginal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:19 pm

Fixed image link from OP, click for full size

The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby zangtang » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Thanks for that, right you are.....gave me the chills there for a bit.

No mystery at the Nahanni headless valley - quite obviously a family of
woodsmen with an intergenerational penchant for chopping peoples heads off.
- I think we can all agree that when the chips are down,
critical thinking is the only tool that counts.
zangtang

Postby zangtang » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:39 am

finished listening to the sept 2013 interview
about 430 this am.........

Disturbing doesn't really cover it...
- there's something out there, and has been for a very long time.

Djinn know wharra i'm saying?
zangtang

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion