How do we know the Malala Yousufzai story is real?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: How do we know the Malala Yousufzai story is real?

Postby justdrew » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:43 am

Mah Gul, Young Afghan Woman, Reportedly Beheaded For Refusing To Become A Prostitute

The Huffington Post | By Meredith Bennett-Smith
Posted: 10/21/2012 10:20 am EDT Updated: 10/22/2012 12:01 am EDT

A young woman who refused to be forced into prostitution was beheaded in Afghanistan last week, a murder that illustrates the continuing cycle of violence against women in the country, according to advocates in the region.

The murder comes as the world continues to track the progress of Malala Yousafzai, a 14-year-old Pakistani girl shot by Taliban Islamists after advocating for women's rights.

AFP reports that 20-year-old Mah Gul, who lived in Herat province in western Afghanistan, was killed after she had repeatedly rebuffed her mother-in-law's attempts to force her into prostitution.

Four people were arrested in connection to the killing, AFP adds, including the alleged beheader, the 18-year-old nephew of Gul's mother-in-law, Najibullah.

Najibullah, who has already confessed to the killing, said that Gul's mother-in-law had alerted him that the girl was a prostitute and that he killed the girl with a knife with the help of her mother-in-law.

The brutal torture and murder of Mah Gul by her husband's family is just "one more incident that highlights the violent atmosphere that women and girls face in Afghanistan and the region," said Suzanne Nossel, executive director of Amnesty International USA, according to CNN.

Earlier in October, a 30-year-old woman was tortured and killed in the same province, the Atlantic reported. The woman was discovered missing her nose, ears, and fingers, and doctors who treated her at Herat regional hospital confirmed she had been tortured before being killed. Investigation is ongoing in that case.

Gul's murder brings to 20 the number of women killed this year in Herat, the Atlantic adds reported. Family members were accused of involvement in most of the cases.

In a 2011 report on human trafficking in Afghanistan, the State Department wrote that some Afghan women and girls "are subjected to forced prostitution, forced marriages –- including through forced marriages in which husbands force their wives into prostitution, and where they are given by their families to settle debts or disputes."

In her full statement, Amnesty International's Nossel decried the ongoing violence in forceful terms.

“[Women] are raped, killed, forced into marriage in childhood, prevented from obtaining an education and denied their sexual and reproductive rights," Nossel said. "The enduring view that women and girls are disposable and not equal increases the chronic suffering of more than half the population."
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Nordic » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:47 am

Wombaticus Rex wrote:The Taliban actually are horror movie nightmares, though. I would volunteer for a unit to actually exterminate them -- COIN is the opposite of that, though: they just enable them.

And this girl was getting media attention long before she got shot -- that is, you may recall, why she got shot.

Edit -- also, wasn't obvious CIA NWO shill James Miller the man behind Behind the Veil? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Mill ... lmmaker%29

Yes, and he was the producer, as well, of "Death in Gaza", and as Mr. Shakespeare points out, was in fact killed by IDF forces while making the film.

And yes, how do we know he wasn't murdered?

We don't. How easy is it to get accidentally shot by the IDF? Well, pretty fucking easy, but especially if they think you're up to any sort of activity where you're not playing their game. And you're in Gaza.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby smiths » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:49 am

i dont think anyone suggested opening all the gates to murderous fanatics

the problem with interventions are ... credibility, rights, sovereignty, authority, post intervention strategy, value systems etc etc

after you exterminate and behead the Taliban and make them suffer (in a righteous and justified manner), what will you do in Afghanistan?
Leave?
Impose an external system of organisation
Select the people you think are best suited to run it?

and who are you anyway? the west? christian democracies?

In England they are pimping out children to celebrities and royalty, raping them and murdering them, should we invade and behead those English?
what system should we impose on them?
the question is why, who, why, what, why, when, why and why again?
smiths

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justdrew » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:08 am

smiths wrote:i dont think anyone suggested opening all the gates to murderous fanatics

the problem with interventions are ... credibility, rights, sovereignty, authority, post intervention strategy, value systems etc etc

after you exterminate and behead the Taliban and make them suffer (in a righteous and justified manner), what will you do in Afghanistan?
Leave?
Impose an external system of organisation
Select the people you think are best suited to run it?

and who are you anyway? the west? christian democracies?

In England they are pimping out children to celebrities and royalty, raping them and murdering them, should we invade and behead those English?
what system should we impose on them?

yes, another strategy should have been followed, from a long long time ago. It's a long line of mistakes, but just walking away isn't an option, for a few reasons, but the one reason we won't be able to change, that "the US can't afford to 'lose'" is the one that will politically force staying, even if it were decided to disregard the human cost to good people that would result from handing the region to extreme fundamentalist warlords.

So while it was, I believe, managed will mal-intent from the get-go by the bush gang, we now have no choice as a nation but to salvage something decent from the wreckage. It sucks. It's pathetic that we're in this mess, and it's massively terrible the atrocities that have gone down, some of which were committed by "our" forces. Nothing can change the past, but just picking up and running away won't help either, in fact, it would make things worse for a lot of people, probably for generations. The people being attacked are not 'freedom-fighters' against American occupation, they are gangs run by theocratic warlords, I've seen no evidence to deny that. There is support from the locals for taking these gangs out too, and not just from the karzai kleptocrats.

The tragedy was set in stone when we let bush take office, all that's left is picking up the pieces.
justdrew

Postby Ben D » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:36 am

justdrew wrote:The tragedy was set in stone when we let bush take office, all that's left is picking up the pieces.

No, the problem has to do with imperial ambition, and if I understand you correctly, you are suggesting that the most cruel and cold hearted mass human killing machine that this planet has ever seen is your weapon of choice to go after the rag tag Taliban whom I understand are primarily about resisting US imperial domination of their local homeland?

That's get's us back to the propaganda, Empire needs a pretext to get approval from its citizens who ultimately must pay for the imperial venture and so its mouthpiece msm provides the evidence of the wickedness of the Taliban,...and most patriotic citizens probably buy this stuff and cry for blood.

Btw, the propaganda MO principle is always the same,...demonize the enemy until the people want them dead, remember Iraq?...Libya?...what do you think of the integrity of the Syria and Iran regimes?... no don't bother telling me, I can get it more directly from msm.
Last edited by Ben D on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is That which was not born, nor created, nor evolved. If it were not so, there would never be any refuge from being born, or created, or evolving. That is the end of suffering. That is God**.

** or Nirvana, Allah, Brahman, Tao, etc...
Ben D

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby justdrew » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:52 am

Ben D wrote:
justdrew wrote:The tragedy was set in stone when we let bush take office, all that's left is picking up the pieces.

No, the problem has to do with imperial ambition, and if I understand you correctly, you are suggesting that the most cruel and cold hearted mass human killing machine that this planet has ever seen is your weapon of choice to go after the rag tag Taliban whom I understand are primarily about resisting US imperial domination of their local homeland?

That's get's us back to the propaganda, Empire needs a pretext to get approval from its citizens who ultimately must pay for the imperial venture and so its mouthpiece msm provides the evidence of the wickedness of the Taliban,...and most patriotic citizens probably buy this stuff and cry for blood.

I agree that this "intervention" was not initiated for good reasons by the people who initiated it. We know what the bush gang was saying to the taliban. mountain of gold/mountain of bombs, etc. but AT THIS POINT I don't think it's about "imperial ambitions" anymore. Nor am I quite willing to assume that the US is run completely and exclusively by "hidden masters"
justdrew

Postby Ben D » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:15 am

justdrew wrote:I agree that this "intervention" was not initiated for good reasons by the people who initiated it. We know what the bush gang was saying to the taliban. mountain of gold/mountain of bombs, etc. but AT THIS POINT I don't think it's about "imperial ambitions" anymore. Nor am I quite willing to assume that the US is run completely and exclusively by "hidden masters"

Who's speaking of hidden masters, the world's greatest human killing machine ever has stars and stripes all over it, that's what and who is doing it. It's a democracy and if you vote, then you, like it or not, are a part of this global Beast whose imperial ambitions are obvious to any with rigorous intuition.
There is That which was not born, nor created, nor evolved. If it were not so, there would never be any refuge from being born, or created, or evolving. That is the end of suffering. That is God**.

Ben D

Postby justdrew » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:31 am

Ben D wrote:
justdrew wrote:I agree that this "intervention" was not initiated for good reasons by the people who initiated it. We know what the bush gang was saying to the taliban. mountain of gold/mountain of bombs, etc. but AT THIS POINT I don't think it's about "imperial ambitions" anymore. Nor am I quite willing to assume that the US is run completely and exclusively by "hidden masters"

Who's speaking of hidden masters, the world's greatest human killing machine ever has stars and stripes all over it, that's what and who is doing it. It's a democracy and if you vote, then you, like it or not, are a part of this global Beast whose imperial ambitions are obvious to any with rigorous intuition.

oh, if I vote huh? Who's speaking of hidden masters you ask? I hear it all the time lately. They're the ones who completely control our elections. Who set all national policy. etc. People in other countries are apparently free to vote, but here in the US if we vote, we're baby killers.

We're dealing with the situation as we find it, not as we'd like it to be.
justdrew

Postby Ben D » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:32 am

This applies to Australia too, we're just another integral part of the same beast which is intent on the global hegemon. And there is the old saying, take the mote out of your own eye first, in order to see the mote in your brother's eye, perhaps it is applicable in the context of westerners who are fixated on the highly publicised evils of those dreadful Islamic ragheads resisting the global beast?

Ben D

Postby DrVolin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:35 am

Justdrew, I was agreeing with you. I was saying that Paul (the one from Tarsus) made good use of the fact that absolute pacifists are victims in waiting. Keeping the peace requires means, the willingness to use them, and the fond hope that you won't have to.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:06 am

Nordic wrote:Yes, and he was the producer, as well, of "Death in Gaza", and as Mr. Shakespeare points out, was in fact killed by IDF forces while making the film.

Hey, delusional Mr. Blonde Plastic Doll - how the fuck do we know you're real?

[insults deleted]
Last edited by JackRiddler on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:08 am

Ben D wrote:Who's speaking of hidden masters, the world's greatest human killing machine ever has stars and stripes all over it, that's what and who is doing it. It's a democracy and if you vote, then you, like it or not, are a part of this global Beast whose imperial ambitions are obvious to any with rigorous intuition.

Guess what? Are you in this country? If you don't vote, "then you, like it or not, are a part of this global Beast whose imperial ambitions are obvious to any with rigorous intuition." If you pay taxes, work, drive, or are an average consumer, "then you, like it or not, are a part of this global Beast whose imperial ambitions are obvious to any with rigorous intuition." In fact, each of those activities makes you more complicit in imperialism than voting.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby StarmanSkye » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Justdrew, you wrote:

" Nothing can change the past, but just picking up and running away won't help either, in fact, it would make things worse for a lot of people, probably for generations."

Like Ben suggested, our FIRST legitimate, directed response to 'fix' ANYTHING that we essentially unleashed should be to remove the mote in our own eye.

FIXING the Afghan shattered society requires a thorough, complete reorganization of our OWN dysfunctional Constitutional Republic gov which has betrayed their obligation to civil society; The fact is, our gov is now a criminalized Military/corporate kleptocratic oligarchy which is bent on destroying a series of civil societies. Your suggestiion that we can't just cut-and-run, WTF? We need public indictments & trials in the US, to rigorously prosecute the thugs since JFK that have enthusiasticly aided & abetted the US Imperialist hegemony that has waged wars, conflicts, terrrorist incitements, false flags, treacheries, covert blackops & world-scale frauds, and CONTINUES to defy & pervert citizen rule as it leverages the exploitation of Peace & Justice sabotage.

Where do you get-off arguing 'we' need to 'do something' in Afghanistan when the root CAUSE of Afghan's broken civil society dates to US intrigue subversion as per the Reagan Doctrine?

Or am I missing something in your suggestion?
StarmanSkye

Postby compared2what? » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Nordic wrote:
Yes, and he was the producer, as well, of "Death in Gaza", and as Mr. Shakespeare points out, was in fact killed by IDF forces while making the film.

And yes, how do we know he wasn't murdered?

We don't. How easy is it to get accidentally shot by the IDF? Well, pretty fucking easy, but especially if they think you're up to any sort of activity where you're not playing their game.

Per that hypothesis, you don't exactly have to look as far away as Pakistan to find the game he wasn't playing, however. He was there making Death in Gaza. So it wouldn't have any bearing on the reality of Malala Y. either way.

Do you not find it credible that there are all kinds of people in every corner of the globe pursuing local power by committing violently suppressive acts?

Like people have always done, everywhere, always?
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby Nordic » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:43 pm

JackRiddler wrote:
Nordic wrote:Yes, and he was the producer, as well, of "Death in Gaza", and as Mr. Shakespeare points out, was in fact killed by IDF forces while making the film.

Hey, delusional Mr. Blonde Plastic Doll - how the fuck do we know you're real?

[insults deleted]

You don't. Mr. Chubby.

[insults included]
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion