Nikolas Schreck's "The Manson File"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Nikolas Schreck's "The Manson File"

Postby semper occultus » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:48 am

Quentin Tarantino Prepping New Movie Tackling Manson Murders (Exclusive)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/quentin-tarantino-prepping-new-movie-tackling-manson-murders-1020165

JULY 11, 2017 4:01pm PT by Borys Kit

The director is already meeting with A-list talent for the project.
Quentin Tarantino is quietly starting to put together his latest project, and is talking to A-list actors for what is promising to be a unique take on the Manson Family murders.

The project, whose title is unknown, was written by Tarantino, who would also direct. Harvey and Bob Weinstein, who have produced and executive produced the previous Tarantino films, are involved, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

WME is said to be in the early stages of shopping the project to studios to co-finance and co-distribute the venture. The move apes the way Tarantino and the Weinsteins made the filmmaker’s 2009 movie Inglourious Basterds, which had Universal Studios as a financial and distributing partner.

Sources say that Tarantino is putting the finishing touches on the script and that Brad Pitt, who worked with the filmmaker on Basterds, and Jennifer Lawrence have been approached. Studios could receive the package after Labor Day, according to one source. The plan is to shoot in 2018, possibly in the summer.

Script details are fuzzy but one of the stories centers on Sharon Tate, the actress and wife of director Roman Polanski who was murdered by Manson and his followers in 1969.

Manson had ordered a group of his followers to attack the inhabitants of a house in the Benedict Canyon part of Los Angeles, believing it was owned by a record producer who earlier had rejected him.

Over the course of several hours on the night of Aug. 8, the four followers, using guns and knives, brutally killed Tate, who was eight months pregnant, and four other occupants.

In 1971, Manson and certain members of his crew were sentenced to life imprisonment for these and several other murders committed that summer.

If the Manson-Tate project does become Tarantino’s next film, it becomes unique in that it will be his first movie to be based on true events. Tarantino has molded his career into taking his favorite genres such as crime, Westerns and blaxploitation and elevating them to A-list status while also paying homage to them.

He also has proven to be able to create strong and memorable female roles, from the title character in Jackie Brown to the Bride in Kill Bill to the female characters on display in Death Proof.

Tate could be the latest to join that list.

Any actor involvement is on the early side, and one insider said that Lawrence is not considering the Tate role.

WME had no comment.
semper occultus

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby semper occultus » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:04 am

EXCLUSIVE: Word has gotten out that Quentin Tarantino’s next film will be a drama revolving around the Manson Family murders. Deadline has heard that Tarantino met with Margot Robbie to potentially play Sharon Tate, the actress wife of director Roman Polanski who was slain in 1969 in a brutal murder whose savagery shocked the country.

I’ve also heard that Samuel L. Jackson likely also will play a lead in the film, not a surprise since he is to Tarantino what Clarence Clemons was to Bruce Springsteen. A report in THR posited Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds star Brad Pitt (and Deadline hears he’s being courted to play the detective investigating the murder) as well as possibly Jennifer Lawrence.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/quentin-tarantino-margot-robbie-sharon-tate-manson-murders-brad-pitt-1202127045/
semper occultus

Postby semper occultus » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:19 pm

Playboy After Dark was a 1969 – 70 TV show, in which Playboy publisher Hugh Hefner hosted a swinging (in the ‘Swinging Sixties’ sense) party, where bands would play – and Hef would interview his guests. It’s all very effortlessly cool and groovy.

https://reprobatemagazine.uk/2016/07/08/article-hugh-hefner-interviews-sharon-tate-and-roman-polanski/
semper occultus

the only one eye know

Postby IanEye » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:33 pm

that's funny, i was just looking at this Playboy After Dark video today, because i bought a new Deep Purple compilation, "A Fire In The Sky".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiXcqxms3Bs

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: the only one eye know

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:41 pm

IanEye » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:33 pm wrote:that's funny, i was just looking at this Playboy After Dark video today, because i bought a new Deep Purple compilation, "A Fire In The Sky".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiXcqxms3Bs

After watching the Tate / Playboy After Dark clips just above I went on a Playboy After Dark music binge in the last hour plus.

-- (Peter Green) Fleetwood Mac
-- Grand Funk Railroad
-- Canned Heat
-- Steppenwolf
-- Deep Purple.

The Playboy After Dark crowd was even for their time more or less faux hipsters.
PufPuf93

Postby norton ash » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:11 am

Playboy after Dark is a great place for music. There are good performances-interviews from the Grateful Dead and Ike and Tina as well.
Zen horse
norton ash

domino effect

Postby IanEye » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxwzdLFmHAk

sufferation (1969)
cause botheration

sufferation (1969)
upset the nation

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:12 pm

Relevance.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby PufPuf93 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:29 pm

So long Charles Manson. Asshole.

I started re-reading Bugliosi's Manson book (Helter Skelter) last month and got side tracked by other reading. Probably will pick it back up now when finish Golightly's Kerry Thornley bio.
PufPuf93

Previous

Return to General Discussion