i block out all my thoughts
when they come back
i push them out
like Jesus had a rock

safe in my garden,
an ancient flower blooms.
& the scent from its nature
slowly squares my room

I still believe in meditation and I'm now experimenting with tribal living.  I live in the woods in California, near Death Valley, with 17 girls.  They're space ladies.  And they'd make a great group.  I'm thinking of launching them as the Family Gems.
I went up into the mountains with my houseboy to take an LSD trip. We met two girls hitch-hiking. One of them was pregnant. We gave them a lift, and a purse was left in the car.  About a month later, near Malibu, I saw the pregnant girl again, only this time she’d had her baby.  I was overjoyed for her and it was through her that I met all the girls.
I told them about our involvement with the Maharishi and they told me they too had a guru, a guy named Charlie who’d recently come out of jail after 12 years.  His mother was a hooker, his father was a gangster, he’d drifted into crime but when I met him I found he had great musical ideas.  We’re writing together now.  He’s dumb, in some ways, but I accept his approach and have learnt from him.
He taught me a dance,  The Inhibition.  You have to imagine you're a frozen man and the ice is thawing out.  Start with your fingertips, then all the rest of you, then you extend it to a feeling that the whole universe is thawing out.
I had all the rich status symbols — Rolls Royce, Ferrari, home after home.  Then I woke up, gave away 50 to 60 percent of my money.  Now I live in one small room with one candle, and I’m happy, finding myself.

always just a thought behind
never there beside her
mojo daddy doesn't mind
he knows he's inside her

It was the ugly side of the Maharishi.  You know, it was just one side.
Like the flowers, white robes, and everything.  Something that looks a lot like it, but just isn't it at all.

excuse my religion
dreaming 'bout the way things feel now
write it in my book
blocking out all the thoughts now

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: Nikolas Schreck's "The Manson File"

Postby justdrew » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:52 am

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Doris Day as a Ritual Inhibition subject

Postby IanEye » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:56 am

I was pretty stoned for a month or two. The second time we had it was in L.A. We were on tour in one of those houses, Doris Day’s house or wherever it was we used to stay, and the three of us took it, Ringo, George and I. Maybe Neil and a couple of the Byrds. I think they came, I’m not sure, on a few trips.
Peter Fonda came, and that was another thing. He kept saying, “I know what it’s like to be dead,” and we said “What?” and he kept saying it. We were saying “For Christ’s sake, shut up, we don’t care, we don’t want to know,” and he kept going on about it.
That’s how I wrote “She Said, She Said” — “I know what’s it’s like to be dead.” It was a sad song, an acidy song I suppose. “When I was a little boy”… you see, a lot of early childhood was coming out, anyway.

I was Terry Melcher’s mentor at Columbia, and we became good friends and remained so through the years.
I introduced Sly to Terry, and several times Terry joined me at Sly’s recording sessions. I often visited with Terry and Doris at their home in Beverly Hills, and one day I brought Sly with me to hang out with Terry.
Sly was mainly interested in buying one of her cars. Sly did go to Doris’s house, but only to see the car in question, and that’s when Terry introduced him to his mother.
They had a brief conversation, and then Doris went into the kitchen. While she was out of the room, Sly went to the piano in the living room and began to play ‘Que Sera, Sera.’
Then Doris came out of the kitchen, on her way elsewhere in the house, and with Sly accompanying her, she sang a few bars of the song.
To the best of my knowledge, that is the first and last time Sly and Doris met, despite the false and scurrilous tabloid reports that appeared subsequently.

IanEye

Postby Col Quisp » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:27 am

From Rosemary's Baby:

Rosemary: I'm going to Dr Hill Monday morning. Dr Sapirstein is either lying, or he's... I don't know, out of his mind. Pain like this is a warning something's wrong.

Guy: - Rosemary...

Rosemary: - I'm not drinking Minnie's drink. I want vitamins and pills like everyone else. I haven't drunk it for three days. I've thrown it away.

Guy: - You've what?

Rosemary: - I've made my own drink.

Guy: Is that what those bitches were giving you in there? And is that their hint for today?

Rosemary: They're my friends...

Guy: They're not very bright bitches who should mind their own business!

Rosemary: They said get a second opinion.

Guy: Rosemary, you know who Dr Hill is? He's a Charlie nobody. That's who he is!

Riosemary: I'm tired of hearing how great Dr Sapirstein is.

Guy: We'll have to pay Sapirstein, pay Hill. It's out of the question.

Rosemary: No, I'm not changing. I just wanna get a second opinion.

Guy: I won't let you do it, Ro. I mean, because it's, uh... it's not fair to Sapirstein.
Col Quisp

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby cptmarginal » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:49 pm

Col Quisp wrote:Rosemary: They said get a second opinion.

Guy: Rosemary, you know who Dr Hill is? He's a Charlie nobody. That's who he is!

cptmarginal

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby Col Quisp » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:26 pm

“I'm nobody
I'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo
I'm a boxcar and a jug of wine
And a straight razor ...if you get too close to me”

― Charles Manson
Col Quisp

House of Cards: 11-11-13

Postby IanEye » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:33 pm

"ah, but if you look to your right."

Under the show, the struggle for power.
Deep down below it all,
deeper than honour, deeper than pride,
deeper than lust & deeper than love,
is the getting of it all.
The seizing and the holding on.
The jaws locked, biting into power & holding on.

IanEye

star star

Postby IanEye » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:09 pm

gonna get a hip hop haircut
hey now now
hey now now
gonna get a hip hop haircut

Charles Manson, perhaps the most infamous convicted killer of all time, is 79 years old and still locked up in California's Corcoran State Prison, where he walks with a cane and sports chipped prison dentures.
Star is a 25-year-old brunette who's been loyally visiting Manson in jail since she was 19 years old and maintains several websites devoted to defending Manson and his pro-Earth environmental causes.
And according to an astonishingly in-depth new profile by Rolling Stone contributing editor Erik Hedegaard in our new issue that was nearly two years in the making, the pair could be heading down the aisle.

Sort of.

IanEye

Postby Col Quisp » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:20 am

"I've always been pretty truthful with myself, as much as I can be under the circumstances," Manson says later. "But I'll never tell on nobody, not even me, man, so that's why I ain't never told nobody what really happened back then. I can't tell you right now. It wouldn't work if I did tell you, because it would change by morning. Everything is constantly changing, man. The mind is a universal thing. Charles Manson and Beethoven," he says before hanging up for the night. "It's just one little thought."

This story is from the December 5th, 2013 issue of Rolling Stone.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/new ... z2lLMWKJMT
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/new ... h-20131121

Title of the article is misleading - there are no "confessions." It has some pretty crazy stuff in there, though. I don't know what to make of Star. She really spews some venom in there, about Sharon Tate, and Susan Atkins esp.

Does Erik Hedegaard know about the Manson curse? he certainly has gotten sucked in to Manson's world. Lets him stroke his arm, and likes it. Charlie still likes candy bars.

I bought that book "the Life and times of Charles Manson'" by Jeff Gunn, that someone mentioned earlier on this post. It's not very good at all. Don't waste your money. It spends a lot of time discussing the "times" but not the "life." Times, meaning, he gives a history of what was happening in the US in the 1960s. Lots of padding. Doesn't even mention some of the theories re: Process Church, CIA, or most of the things discussed here. What a lightweight!
Col Quisp

Postby semper occultus » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:24 am

…I haven’t done any research on this so may be total corn…..

….a random thought occurred after happening across this bizarre mayhem…..

Catherine “Gypsy” Share

On August 21, 1971, Catherine was involved in a shootout with the Hawthorne Police. It started when Gypsy, Mary Brunner, Charles Lovett, Lawrence Bailey, Kenneth Como, and Dennis Rice were robbing a Western Surplus store in Hawthorne, California. The group had stolen close to 150 guns, when HPD responded to a silent alarm. Gypsy fired the first shot, and by the end of the shootout, had been wounded three times.

The family members involved were planning to hijack a 747 jumbo jet, in which, they would kill one passenger every hour until Charlie and company were released from prison. Fortunately no one was seriously wounded, but the stunt landed Gypsy in prison for 3 1/2 years.

She was sent to the California Institute for Women in Frontera, where the other Manson girls were serving their sentences. While there, Gypsy and Mary Brunner, together with a group of Aryan Brotherhood members, conspired to break out of the prison using a pair of wire cutters, but were caught at the last minute.

Gypsy had fell in love with Kenneth Como (also imprisoned for the Hawthorne shootout) but stopped talking to him after Manson told her not to. Como was in love with Gypsy, and obviously angered with Manson, so he assaulted Charlie in the prison yard. Soon after, Como convinced Gypsy to forget about Charlie, and the two got married; Gypsy eventually divorced Como in 1981.

http://www.cielodrive.com/catherine-share.php

Fugitives Have Long History As Escape Artists

Wednesday, May 12, 1993

Edition Metro Final

Section: Main News Sacramento Bee

Byline source: Stephen Magagnini, Nancy Vogel and Ramon Coronado, Bee Staff

Victor Frank Carrafa — who escaped from a sheriff’s deputy during an eye doctor’s appointment at a midtown clinic Tuesday — and his accomplice Gerald Joseph Gallant Jr. are both escape artists extraordinaire.

They apparently met at Folsom Prison in the mid - 1970’s, where both were serving life sentences: Carrafa for the brutal 1966 beating and shotgun murder of a San Francisco bartender; Gallant for rape, robbery, and other crimes. Both are suspected of trying to break out of Folsom.

Both are believed to belong to the Aryan Brotherhood white supremacist prison gang. Gallant, deemed criminally insane, is believed by law enforcement authorities to be an assassin for the Aryan Brotherhood. And both are violent career criminals with links to the Symbionese Liberation Army and the Charles Manson family, two of the most notorious terrorist groups of the late 1960’s and 1970’s.

http://manfromspahn.tumblr.com/post/45061893167/some-articles-about-catherine-gypsy-share

..so The Manson Family , SLA & the AB all hook up…cosy

….led to idle specualtion as to wether the “drugs” angle to the Tate killing involved or was on behalf of the Aryan Brotherhood....

on a purely superficial level the similaity in the MO of the Tate slaughter & that employed by the AB is chillingly resonanant…

He stopped outside the cell of another inmate, Randy Gometz, and Gometz passed a homemade prison knife known as a shank, to Silverstein and unlocked Silverstein's handcuffs using a homemade key. Silverstein then attacked Clutts, stabbing him several dozen times

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Silverstein

In 1981, two members of the Brotherhood who were incarcerated at the federal prison in Marion, Ill., murdered the leader of a rival gang, the D.C. Blacks, by sneaking up behind him in the shower and then brutally stabbing and slashing him 67 times. They then dragged his bloody, mutilated corpse through a cellblock.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2005/fall/smashing-the-shamrock

…the following data-dump on the chronology, motivations & connections is, on a quick glance, fairly confusing & contradictory…anyone really down with this stuff….?

Frykowski, right. He was dealing a new drug from Canada called MDA, and they had burned Manson and all on the same dope deal. They took the Family for something like $50,000.

http://therealmanson.tumblr.com/page/18

But I will say that Canada and europe has some of the best MDMA out there. Canadian molly is the shiiiiit.

The locally produced white crystal molly is amazing though, GDF, as is the "sally", MDA/MDMA combo, though thats not seen as often, sadly.

http://www.bluelight.org//vb/archive/index.php/t-580124-p-18.html

…were the AB dealing in this substance at that time ? or was new high quality “shit” displacing local products to the extent the business lobby decided some import tariffs were called for …?

I believe we can safely assume :

1)

CM was fully aware of the AB from the Calif. prison system & criminal underground long before the 1970’s & the post-arrest period – some of the data seems to imply links only date from this period - & It appears the AB’s activities did extend beyond the prison wire at the time CM was on the loose.

2)

The AB would probably have needed some auxiliary assitance outside of their tightly trusted network in the earlier years of their development – either through lack of reach & or to avoid using known associates

3)

The details of the AB:CM relationship do appear to put CM in the role of eager “prospect” - the supplicant / aspirant eager to offer any services in order to win approval

..of the mid 1960’s period :

…believed to have been formed by a group of bikers in 1964 at San Quentin State Prison…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_Brotherhood

….it didn’t take long for the Aryan Brotherhood or “The Brand” as they are often called in prison, to establish themselves as a gang equal to or perhaps even more deadly than the BGF and the Eme. They soon had members in nearly every California state prison and became involved in criminal activities such as drug trafficking (both inside and outside of prison)

http://www.gorillaconvict.com/todays-aryan-brotherhood-by-robert-rosso/

In the early 1970s The Aryan Brotherhood had a connection with Charles Manson and the Manson Family. Several members of the Family, who were not in prison at the time, attempted to join forces. The Manson Family became split, the Comoites following former family member Kenneth Como, and the Mansonites following Manson. However, the relationship did not last long as the Aryan Brotherhood considered Manson "too leftist".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_Brotherhood

How is the Aryan Brotherhood Related to Charles Manson?

During the early years of the Aryan Brotherhood's existence, they joined forces with Charles Manson and his gang, the Manson Family. The gang originally co-existed as one, but after a few years, the two gangs had a falling out. The Aryan Brotherhood considered Charles Manson and the Manson Gang to be too left of what they considered their ideology. This caused the affiliation to split into those that followed Charles Manson and those that followed the original creator of the Aryan Brotherhood Kenneth Como. Manson's gang became known as the Mansonites while those who followed Como became known as the Comoites.

http://crime.answers.com/prison/the-aryan-brotherhood

..…the early 70’s =/= "early years of the AB's existence"…

Truman Capote: One of the guards told me you were the ringleader of the Aryan Brotherhood.

Bobby BeauSoleil (hostile): What do you know about the Brotherhood?

Truman Capote: That it’s composed of a bunch of hard-nosed white guys. That it’s a somewhat fascist-minded fraternity. That it started in California, and has spread throughout the American prison system, north, south, east, and west. That the prison authorities consider it a dangerous, trouble-making cult.

Bobby BeauSoleil: A man has to defend himself. We’re outnumbered. You got no idea how rough it is. We’re all more scared of each other than we are of the pigs in here. You got to be on your toes every second if you don’t want a shiv in your back. The blacks and Chicanos, they got their own gangs. The Indians, too; or I should say the “Native Americans”— that’s how these redskins call themselves: what a laugh! Yes sir, rough. With all the racial tensions, politics, dope, gambling, and sex. The blacks really go for the young white kids. They like to shove those big black dicks up those tight white asses.

http://therealmanson.tumblr.com/page/18

Aryan Brotherhood Trivia
Charles Manson was denied membership into the AB gang because the leaders found his type of murder, distasteful. ( ??!! ) However they did utilize the women visiting Manson as a means of smuggling in narcotics.
http://crime.about.com/od/gangsters/a/aryanbrothers.htm

..contradicted somewhat by….

I also seem to remember Squeaky saying that Manson wasn't considered violent enough by the AB.

http://truthontatelabianca.com/threads/charlie-and-the-aryan-brotherhood.2035/

When Manson entered prison, he was looking for protection against such prison hassles as homosexual assault and beatings, which the brotherhood gladly provided.

To earn the favor, Manson had the women of the family mail nude photos of themselves to members of the brotherhood, along with promises of sexual favors when the men were released. More important, the girls agreed to serve as messengers to the outside for the brotherhood. "Charlie wants to do easy time," explains a prison official. "He knew the brotherhood could protect him inside, and the communications link is very important to them." The ties are deep and dangerous. Two Manson girls and two members of the brotherhood were arrested in November 1972 for the murder of a young California couple, James and Lauren Willett. All have been jailed.
http://truthontatelabianca.com/threads/charlie-and-the-aryan-brotherhood.2035/

Helter Skelter Really, Finally Over? Checking In With The Manson Family:

From Swank Magazine (December, 1976) Interview with Larry “White Rabbit” Melton
Interview By: Ben Pesta:

SWANK: The one name I often hear in connection with Charlie nowadays is that of the Aryan Brotherhood. I understand that it’s an organization of white prisoners in California, a couple hundred strong, that banded together more or less in response to all the black prisoners who were joining the Panthers and the Muslims. And I also understand that they don’t have much use for blacks.

ARI: I don’t know much about them other than they’re a prison group of neo-Nazis, and they have this big philosophy. I don’t exactly even know the philosophy, but it’s sort of like the Family’s. The Aryan Brotherhood had a deal with Charlie: If he got convicted, he could do sort of easy time if he joins them. So in return for Charlie joining up, they get to borrow any of the Family girls anytime they want to when they get out. So Charlie could pass the message through the Brotherhood to the girls, and the girls would tell the guys what to do, and if they wanted someone killed, they would kill them.

[url] http://www.mansonblog.com/2012_12_21_archive.html[/ul]

:shrug:
semper occultus

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:45 pm

Thank you Ian for the excerpts from the Shreck bio, I'm not sure how I missed them before. In between bouts of Missing 411, I am reading the Guinn bio and wanted to see what others thought of it and wound up here.

Now I want to read the Schreck and am trying to see if the library system can scare one up.

Schreck poses more questions in those quotes.

In light of the Savile/PIE revelations and the time frame, the supply of 'chicks' to Polanski-given his preferences-particularly while he was in London is questionable... never mind the porno that might or might not be happening at the time... and later in LA as all these semi-documented hangers-on inexplicably enter via canada and provide him with chicks and drugs stateside... Polanski has led a charmed life, one would think, and where the fuck are these other guys, whichever ones are still alive?

I commented in the Laurel Canyon thread about a film called "Angel, Angel Down We Go." It featured a 'Family' type Hippie band headed by a charismatic singer/songwriter who had no problem using his bisexual wiles to charm all lovers and preached a race war, a stoned pregnant girl who preached the faith and was doing all the guys in the band, and other weirdness. In the movie, they take over the house of very rich people and take advantage of them. It all ends in death and the movie bombed because it was filmed a year before and released within a few days of the murders at Cielo.

Christopher Jones, who lived at Cielo, according to NS, was famous for 'Wild in the Street' (penned by the director/writer of 'Angel'....and Deathrace 2000... Robert Thom) was first in line for the Manson/Morrison-esque role, but had to turn it down for other commitments. The role went to the original singer for the Animals, Jordan Christopher. Between the Christophers and folk singer Holly Near (who plays the other lead in the film) there is probably more potential linkage to Cass Elliot and Dennis Wilson, Laurel Canyon and beyond.

Small world.

I thought that there was a chance that Charlie and his bunch were one of the inspirations for that film, now I'm a bit surer. :wink
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

celebrity roast

Postby IanEye » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:26 pm

&
in time
maybe others

He shared many traits with these men, traits born of the old ways: the taciturn harboring close to the heart of any thought or feeling that ran too deeply; that emotional distance, that wall of lontananza between the self and the world; a natural, unarticulated belief in the supreme inviolability of the old ways themselves; a devout sense of Catholicism, based upon the power of its rituals and predicated on God’s special forgiveness for the sins of those whose faith was founded in the ancient, sacred grain of the old ways’ moralità.

He shared these traits with them, but he did not share his money with them; and the more he came to know them - and he came to know them as few would - the more he hated them for the predators they were, and the more intent he became on beating them at their own racket.
It was not a matter of bravado. He did not share that trait with them. It was a matter rather, of menefreghismo.

Deep down, that, as much as anything, was what he was, a menefreghista - one who simply did not give a fuck.

IanEye

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:40 am

&
in time
maybe others

Jefferson Airplane FTW.

Heh, heh.

Perhaps it is an artifact of time, but somehow I am as icked out by the sexual escapades of that generation as I would be learning about my parent's sex. Maybe its because of the vintage. Maybe its because of the balance my parents fought for in their own lives...

I don't know.

But that pic is fucking creepy.

Thanks.
:thumbsup

PS:And as I type this, I am called to attend the death of a fellow being, a 'golden retriever' who has been a part of my life for a decade and was the sweetest being of undying joy and unconditional love. Most Humans can only hope for the transcendence she brought upon when hugged. Om Om Shanti Om.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby justdrew » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:13 am

ya know, I kinda find it creepy that someone would find that pic creepy. I mean, wtf :shrug:

if you really want to find something creepy, I recommend his calypso album...

it takes a lickin' and keeps on tic'in

probably my favorite song from...
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion