Zero Dark Thirty

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Zero Dark Thirty

Postby KeenInsight » Mon May 06, 2013 8:35 pm

I think people who forget the past truly don't realize what these refined fascist criminals are capable of. As far as I'm concerned, the take over happened with the death of JFK and the U.S. has not healed since. The wheels truly starting turning with the end of the World War's and Geo-Political Destabilization on behalf of corporate and intelligence interests. Of course, I speak merely from my confined American perspective, it happens in other countries too.

After reading "On the Trail of the JFK Assassins" and now starting Belzer's "Hit List," and realizing what they got away with back then, it is easy to see how they sow these new conspiracy narratives. The propaganda of today's crimes, committed by elements of the government, are so complete and compartmentalized in this day and age that the truth simply can not be "unseen" for what it is.

9/11, Bin Laden the CI, the War on "Terror," and the new "boston terror," have propelled this runaway chaos into the modern age. How can 90% of the U.S. populace sincerely believe that the JFK murder was a government coverup (and there are STILL JFK files we are not allowed to see for many more years) and yet more than half fail to see the correlation in realizing that those same criminal interests permeate the government and its media today.
KeenInsight

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Simulist » Mon May 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Great post and keen insight, KI. I agree with you about the JFK assassination; the cognitive dissonance within those who understand that there was a probable coup d'état that day and those very same people who insist upon imagining that this is nevertheless a credible democracy... must be crazy-making.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby thatsmystory » Mon May 27, 2013 2:49 pm

Director Greg Barker in an interview with The Story:

"I mean some of the specific blames have to do with documents that may or may not have been passed to the FBI. I'm not sure that full story has come out."

A real interviewer would respond by saying "Why didn't you address that aspect in your two hour documentary?" A real interviewer would have read The Black Banners or The Looming Tower and thus have known that something very strange happened in regard to al-Hazmi and al-Mihdhar.

The AP spying story doesn't resonate as much as it could because people know the media is too subservient to power. The media coverage of Manhunt has been like a CIA PR tour.
thatsmystory

Postby MinM » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:27 pm

Image @SpyTalker: Pentagon IG 'sitting on' report fingering #Panetta for leak to Hollywood of 'Top Secret' info Bin Laden raid. #zd30 http://www.pogo.org/our-work/articles/2 ... -info.html

@emptywheel: So why is DOD IG investigating the Zero Dark Thirty leaks instead of DOJ, anyway?

Image @SpyTalker: SpyTalk: Pentagon Suppressing Report on Panetta Leak http://spytalkblog.blogspot.com/2013/06 ... l?spref=tw
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:48 am

thatsmystory » Mon May 27, 2013 1:49 pm wrote:Director Greg Barker in an interview with The Story:

"I mean some of the specific blames have to do with documents that may or may not have been passed to the FBI. I'm not sure that full story has come out."

A real interviewer would respond by saying "Why didn't you address that aspect in your two hour documentary?" A real interviewer would have read The Black Banners or The Looming Tower and thus have known that something very strange happened in regard to al-Hazmi and al-Mihdhar.

The AP spying story doesn't resonate as much as it could because people know the media is too subservient to power. The media coverage of Manhunt has been like a CIA PR tour.

al Hazmi and al Midhar, for what it's worth; are the two absolute smoking gun rosetta stones of the entire Big Wedding 9/11 enterprise. It's all about them. The Bosnian conflict, the Saudi intelligence handling.
They are at once ciphers and keys. All this talk of controlled demolushun, drone planes, bin Laden on ice or whatever the fuck doesn't come close to the fact that Khalid al-Midhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi were thoroughly controlled and financed like rats in a damn maze. Credit cards, housing, rental cars, direction, flight schools. All directed by an august hand.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby thatsmystory » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:51 pm

8bitagent » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:48 am wrote:
thatsmystory » Mon May 27, 2013 1:49 pm wrote:Director Greg Barker in an interview with The Story:

al Hazmi and al Midhar, for what it's worth; are the two absolute smoking gun rosetta stones of the entire Big Wedding 9/11 enterprise. It's all about them. The Bosnian conflict, the Saudi intelligence handling.
They are at once ciphers and keys. All this talk of controlled demolushun, drone planes, bin Laden on ice or whatever the fuck doesn't come close to the fact that Khalid al-Midhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi were thoroughly controlled and financed like rats in a damn maze. Credit cards, housing, rental cars, direction, flight schools. All directed by an august hand.

To me it's pretty straightforward that a good place to start seeking answers is with these two guys. It is unreal how Greg Barker and his CIA sources can do all sorts of media and not have one person say "Please explain the al-Hazmi/al-Mihdhar deal." How does the interviewer not respond by reminding Barker of the CIA IG report which called for disciplinary panels for several CIA officials and agents?
thatsmystory

Postby thatsmystory » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:09 am

al Hazmi and al Midhar, for what it's worth; are the two absolute smoking gun rosetta stones of the entire Big Wedding 9/11 enterprise. It's all about them. The Bosnian conflict, the Saudi intelligence handling. They are at once ciphers and keys. All this talk of controlled demolushun, drone planes, bin Laden on ice or whatever the fuck doesn't come close to the fact that Khalid al-Midhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi were thoroughly controlled and financed like rats in a damn maze. Credit cards, housing, rental cars, direction, flight schools. All directed by an august hand.

I watched the documentary. No answers. No explanations. Just a general sense of "how dare you blame us!"
thatsmystory

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:35 pm

"No evidence anyone in Pakistan protected or hid Osama bin Laden", "bin Laden was the luckiest man alive" given he lived openly in public immediatelty after 9/11.

Yeah...Im sure that's it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-ne ... /#52424418
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby thatsmystory » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:38 am

The Manhunt DVD is now out. It won an Emmy.

How do you go through an entire media cycle and never have to answer one question about al-Hazmi and al-Mihdhar? We are talking about a period of time from January to October. This is the same media that publishes the articles denouncing the harmful effects of conspiracy theorists. Yet when it comes to a mass murder they cannot even be bothered to ask the CIA agents why the very al Qaeda guys later named as hijackers of Flight 77 were protected from arrest. As a journalist you have an obligation to ask that question if you care about the murdered people.
thatsmystory

Postby thatsmystory » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:13 pm

I stumbled upon an article from 2004. There is a fair amount of detail regarding surveillance of the Hamburg cell. What stands out is the way almost everyone rips their colleagues and bosses.

For example:

Bearden, who retired in 1994, puts it more personally: “Here I am, at age 54.… Am I going to put up with this shit—from some bozo like John Deutch—for one more fucking minute?”

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2004/11/path-to-9-11-200411
thatsmystory

Postby cptmarginal » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:11 pm

http://cryptocomb.org/?p=442

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... ction.html

“The Wolf”

One of the most intriguing cameos in Zero Dark Thirty is that of Fredric Lehne, who plays the CIA’s counterterrorism chief, referred to only as “The Wolf”. Despite being a key figure in the fight against Islamist militants, when we meet him in his office he is practising Muslim prayer. As surprising as it sounds, this is true, at least according to a report by the Washington Post in March last year: the director of the CIA’s Counterterrorism Center (CTC), and the leader of the hunt for bin Laden, really has converted to Islam. Named only as “Roger” by the newspaper, he is in his late fifties and has worked for two presidents, four CIA directors and four directors of national intelligence. His conversion to Islam came after he married a Muslim woman, but, according to the Washington Post, there is no prayer rug in his office. He is, however, known to clutch a strand of prayer beads.
cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:31 am

cptmarginal » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:11 pm wrote:http://cryptocomb.org/?p=442

More:

http://cryptocomb.org/?p=969

http://cryptocomb.org/?p=960

Of minimal interest, really. I'm just fascinated by Cryptocomb's existence.
cptmarginal

Postby MinM » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:20 pm

Earth-704509
MinM

Postby MinM » Sun May 24, 2015 11:46 am

How George W. Bush and Dick Cheney brought torture to America

Tonight, Frontline will air a documentary called Secrets, Politics, and Torture, directed by Michael Kirk, about how President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney institutionalized torture in American politics and government.

Is The Movie "Zero Dark Thirty" CIA Propaganda? | FRONTLINE

Editorial note: playing off another thread Anthony Summers helped Frontline® produce a lone-nutter piece in the wake of Oliver Stone's JFK ..
In 1993, Summers, along with Gus Russo and Dale Myers, served as consultants on the late Mike Sullivan's weird PBS Frontline show, "Who Was Lee Harvey Oswald?" To his credit, Summers eventually asked that his name to be taken off the program. But he certainly stayed involved for a long time. Way after it became obvious as to what Russo and Myers had become. And in fact, on July 25th of this year Dale Myers revealed something at his "Secrets of a Homicide" blog that makes the mystery of why Summers stuck it out so long even more puzzling. Myers and Russo had always intimated that this program was done in a completely open ended manner. That is, there was no slant to it upon the inception of the production. Well, when Sullivan died Myers could not resist saluting him for letting him appear on television. Along the way, in an interview with Gus Russo, Myers blew open the cover story about that program. Russo said that far from being an honest and open-ended program that proceeded inductively, this was not Sullivan's plan at all. Russo said "Sullivan suggested we start with finding out who pulled the trigger in Dallas first and work backward from there to find out if anyone else was involved." In other words, the show started with a deduction and proceeded from there. That deduction was that Oswald shot Kennedy, and there may have been a second shooter. In light of that very late revelation, we should not admire Summers for eventually having his name taken off the show. Instead, we should ask: Why did he stick around at all? We shall see why...

http://www.ctka.net/2013/summers.html

viewtopic.php?p=567239#p567239
MinM

Previous

Return to General Discussion