Connecticut Elementary School Massacre

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Connecticut Elementary School Massacre

Postby justdrew » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:02 am

hmm

Christopher A. Rodia = Owner of shooter's car (black Honda)
Cassandra Scire = Niece of Christopher A. Rodia
Both live at same address:
19 Vollmer Ave.
Norwalk, CT
George Uzar, Jr. = Sister of Cassandra Scire
He also lives at:
19 Vollmer Ave.
Norwalk, CT
George Uzar, Sr. = Dad of George Uzar, Jr.
He lives at:
24 Granite Dr.
Norwalk, CT

Mayor: 'Scary' Amount of Firearms Found in Raid on Norwalker's House [Update]
George Uzar Sr. of 24 Granite Drive had a large number of weapons in his home when a federal-state-local task force came in to arrest him, Mayor Richard A. Moccia said.
By David Gurliacci | May 13, 2011

Update 4:05 p.m., Friday:

Inside George Uzar Sr.'s Granite Drive home just north of the Merritt Parkway in the Cranbury section of Norwalk, police found a large number of automatic weapons, said Mayor Richard A. Moccia, who went to the scene when Uzar was arrested.

"It's scary to see the amount of weapons that were taken there ... especially in a residential area that seemed so quiet," Moccia said on Friday. (See video accompanying this article.)

Update 12:14 p.m., Friday:

Cranbury resident George Uzar Sr. helped get machine guns and other firearms, some with serial numbers removed, to Patrick Uzar of Stamford, for sale to Latin Kings gang members and others, according to federal prosecutors.

Uzar, 47, of 24 Granite Dr., was the only Norwalk resident arrested in Thursday's roundup of a ring that sold machine guns and other firearms to Latin Kings gang members in Stamford, police and prosecutors said. Undercover agents and wiretaps were used in the investigation. The federal indictment, handed down by a grand jury, refers to alleged sales as early as last summer and as late as last month.

George Uzar Sr. is referred to in several counts of the indictment. He is accused of unlawful dealing in firearms and four counts of illegally possessing and transferring a machine gun. George Uzar and others arrested Thursday were arraigned in U.S. District Court in Bridgeport that day.

The federal indictment makes these allegations about George Uzar Sr. and others:

Patrick "Pistol" or "Pepe" Uzar would arrange to get machine guns with serial numbers removed from George Uzar Sr. (hereafter "George"), then sell them to others, dividing the proceeds with George. These illegal activities took place from January through May.

For example, the indictment states that "On or about Jan. 16 and 17, 2011," George Uzar Sr. and Patrick Uzar "discussed selling a firearm to an individual known to the grand jury. On or about Jan. 21, 2011, George Uzar Sr. transferred a 9-mm. Sten-style automatic machine gun with no serial number to Patrick Uzar, who sold the machine gun to an individual known to the grand jury for $2,200. Patrick Uzar provided George Uzar Sr. with a portion of the proceeds of the sale."

George apparently removed at least one of the serial numbers himself: "On or about Jan. 23, 2011, George Uzar Sr. advised Patrick Uzar that he had completed work on a firearm," which Patrick Uzar received the next day and later sold for $2,300.

"It was a part of the conspiracy that Patrick Uzar was in the business of selling firearms without a license," according to the indictment. "On some occasions, Uzar would advise an individual known to the grand jury that he had a firearm for sale, and would make arrangements to acquire the firearms he intended to sell to this individual from relatives and associates, including fellow members and associates of the Latin Kings."

There is no indication whatever in the indictment that George Uzar Sr. was himself a member of the Latin Kings.

Sometimes Uzar would arrange to have Kevin "Kev" Goulbourne of Stamford conduct the actual sale. The indictment also describes other associates of Patrick Uzar providing weapons that were later sold. Patrick Uzar "would arrange for distribution of the proceeds of the gun sales."

On Oct. 14, 2010, the indictment states, John "Silk" Davis and Jamar "Mar" or "Mars" Blackburn bought a Sig Sauer Mosquito 22-cal. semi-automatic pistol and a Smith & Wesson model SW9W pistol from the Forest and Field store in Norwalk. The two later sold the weapons to Patrick Uzar, who sold them "to an individual known to the grand jury" for $1,200.

Various others arrested as part of the conspiracy were accused of helping to sell cocaine or Ecstasy, a form of methamphetamine. The indictment also states that various defendants should be subject to property forfieture, although those defendants don't include George Uzar Sr., who was also not named in any of the counts involving drug sales.

Also on Thursday, Uzar's son, George Uzar Jr., was arrested on multiple drug possession and illegall weapons possession charges by Norwalk Police. The two live at the same address in Norwalk. Information on the drug possession charges was not available from Norwalk Police on Friday morning.

According to police records, George Uzar Jr. was charged with 12 different crimes including two counts of illegal manufacture, distribution or sale of prescription medications, illegal possession of drugs near a school, illegal possession of drug paraphernalia and illegal possession of drug paraphernalia near a school, carrying dangerous weapons and illegal sale of drugs near a school.

Also among the 12 counts was one charging him with illegal possession of less than four ounces of marijuana. All of the charges allege violations of state law, and George Uzar Jr. was scheduled to appear in state Superior Court in Norwalk Friday morning. His bail was set at $100,000.

The 24 Granite Dr. address of both George Uzar Jr. and Sr. is also listed as the address of "Uzar Brothers Hardwood Floor," according to Google Maps.

Update 6:19 p.m., Thursday:

More than a hundred guns were bought from a ring of drug and firearms traffickers connected to the Stamford Chapter of the Latin Kings, said law enforcement officials, who arrested 16 area residents Thursday, including one from Norwalk.

The haul of confiscated firearms "has taken many dangerous heavy weapons out of the wrong hands,” Stamford Police Chief Robert Nivakoff said in a statement released by the U.S. Attorney's Office in New Haven. Stamford police were one of seven federal, state or local law-enforcement agencies participating in the joint investigation.

"We’re proud to have been involved in this operation, which now includes the largest seizure of firearms in the history of the Stamford Police Department," Nivakoff said.

The news release also stated:

"The indictment alleges that, on multiple occasions beginning in approximately July 2010, Patrick Uzar of Stamford acquired firearms from relatives, as well as fellow members and associates of the Stamford Chapter of the Latin Kings, sold the firearms to a third party and distributed some of the sale proceeds to members of the conspiracy. The indictment further alleges that Uzar and others also were involved in the distribution of cocaine and Ecstasy."

Undercover law enforcement agents bought several firearms, including machine guns, according to the statement. The announcement said that on Thursday "in association with the arrest of the defendants, law enforcement officers executed multiple federal search warrants and seized dozens of firearms, ammunition, firearm parts and related material."

The long-term, joint investigation involved seven federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, including the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and Norwalk and Stamford police departments, the U.S. Attorney's Office in New Haven announced.

Special Agent in Charge Guy F. Thomas of the Boston Field Division of the ATF, said in the news release that the arrests "will have a significant impact on reducing violence and improving the quality of life for residents of Stamford and surrounding communities.”

One Norwalk man was arrested following a raid in the city. Another 12 of the defendants are Stamford residents. Two others are in state prisons and one is from Trumbull.

A copy of the 12-page, 20-count indictment is attached to this article. A total of 13 defendants were arrested under the indictment, two others were already in prison and another man was arrested on federal criminal charges.

These individuals were named in a federal indictment and appeared Thursday in U.S. District Court in Bridgeport:

Patrick "Pistol" or "Pepe" Uzar, 24, of Lafayette Street, Stamford;
    Christian Andre "Frost" Aliaga, 29, of Cove Road, Stamford;
    James "Mar" or "Mars" Blackburn, 24, already in state prison;
    Alfred "Viddy" Brown, 27, already in state prison;
    Agustin "Auggie" or "Warlord" Crespo, 34, of Spruce Street, Stamford;
    John "Silk" Davis, 25, of Haig Avenue, Stamford;
    Louis "Cano" Feliciano, 25, of Pepper Ridge Road, Stamford;
    Kevin "Kev" Goulbourne, 38, of Lockwood Avenue, Stamford;
    Analisa "Lisa" Martinez, 28, of Spruce Street, Stamford;
    Willie "Willo" or "Flaco V" Nieves, 47, of West Broad Street, Stamford;
    Jeffrey “J Free” or “Brother Jeff” Nunez, 27, of East Main Street, Stamford;
    Rodolfo "Rudy" Revello, 38 of Unity Road, Trumbull;
    Anthony Uzar Sr., 49, of Lafayette Street, Stamford;
    George Uzar Sr., 47, of Granite Drive, Norwalk;
    Santos "Tos" or "Inca" or "Pres" Zambrana, 24, of Montauk Dr., Stamford.
    Anthony Uzar Jr., 28, of Frederick Street, Stamford, was not part of the indictment but was also arrested Thursday on a federal charge of possession of firearm and ammunition by a previously convicted felon.

Other law enforcement agencies involved in the joint investigation were the U.S. Marshals Service, the Bridgeport Police Department, the state Department of Correction. According to the news release, a "significant part" of the funding for the operation came from the United States Attorney’s Office Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force and the office’s Project Safe Neighborhoods and Anti-Gang programs.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby vince » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:13 am

8bitagent wrote:[
You really need to see Matthew Barney's 1999 film "Cremaster 2". Which amps up the Utah occult topology/LDS/wtf creep factor to 100

Sorry to go off-topic, but is there still no way to aquire the "Cremaster" films on DVD?

I also suggest the punk-comedy "SLC Punk".
vince

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby compared2what? » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:32 pm

justdrew wrote:hmm

Christopher A. Rodia = Owner of shooter's car (black Honda)

The person over at Emory's site who originally made that connection seems to have either read barracuda's post back on page 21 or ended up coming to the same conclusion on his/her own:

Here’s another update on the reports of a “sec­ond shooter” and the still uniden­ti­fied “camo pants” man:
It appears that the mys­tery of Mr. Rodia has poten­tially been cleared up and he appears to be inno­cent and only coin­ci­den­tally caught up in this event:
It looks like Mr. Rodia was actu­ally pulled over in his car dur­ing the event and was not dri­ving the pos­si­ble sus­pect “vehicle”.

First, go here to the police scan­ner audio and skip to ~25:36 and you’ll hear an offi­cer list a com­pletely dif­fer­ent set of plates and say “radar” (sug­gest­ing it was a pulled over speed­ing vehi­cle). We then hear that same offi­cers voice(or a very sim­i­lar voice) at ~30:43 say “run the oper­a­tor as well, the name is ...” and then he lists Mr. Rodia’s name and date of birth. And a com­pletely dif­fer­ent voice calls in the “pos­si­ble sus­pects vehi­cle” as “872 YEO” plate at ~30:22. So at this point the only evi­dence regard­ing Mr. Rodia is the fact that he was appar­ently speed­ing some­where within the range of the indi­vid­ual that was record­ing the radio scans and got pulled over. The list­ing of his name and date of birth was coin­ci­den­tally done ~20 sec­onds after an offi­cer reads the “872 YEO” plate num­ber on the shooter’s vehi­cle. That’s it. This is a reminder of why we must main­tain the stance of really believ­ing these indi­vid­u­als that get swept up in the post-tragedy after­math are inno­cent until proven guilty, espe­cially early on when min­i­mal info is avail­able. Unless infor­ma­tion comes out sug­gest­ing that he was speed­ing away from the school wear­ing “camo pants”, we should prob­a­bly all take the atti­tude that Mr. Rodia just got really screwed by cir­cum­stance. The guy didn’t deserve this so if you meet him, buy him a beer (assum­ing you’re 21+).
[/quote]

http://spitfirelist.com/news/the-camo-p ... d-caveats/
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby lupercal » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:06 pm

^ saw that, didn't buy it. Didn't by barracuda's song and dance either, as much as I read, which wasn't much. I've heard it many times already. Think about it: Rodia / Manfredonia just happens to be stopped at the same time, and identified in the same broadcast immediately after an ID request for the owner of the shooter's Civic, but has nothing to do with Sandy Hook, nothing at all, even though Manfredonia has already been publicly identified as the gingerbread man? It is to laff. As for Spitfire, who knows, but I've seen plenty of people backpedal their online "CT" theories after a little intimidation. Doesn't take much. It happens a lot, even here.
lupercal

Postby justdrew » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:20 pm

ok, so we don't _know_ who the shooters car was registered too? :starz:

Nothing's been "officially" reported about that?
justdrew

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:20 pm

lupercal wrote: I've seen plenty of people backpedal their online "CT" theories after a little intimidation. Doesn't take much. It happens a lot, even here.

Gosh, that sounds exciting...I never expected any of my fan mail to actually get answered!
Wombaticus Rex

Postby barracuda » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:23 pm

lupercal wrote:Rodia / Manfredonia just happens to be stopped at the same time, and identified in the same broadcast immediately after an ID request for the owner of the shooter's Civic, but has nothing to do with Sandy Hook, nothing at all, even though Manfredonia has already been publicly identified as the gingerbread man? It is to laff.

And there you have it, the online trial and conviction of some hapless individual for the brutal slayings of twenty-eight people, all because you read an anonymous blog post on the internet by a guy named pterrafractal and can't be bothered to do the real legwork it takes to really know what's going on.

And you're seriously concerned about the behavior of The State? At the moment I'm not seeing much difference between the two of you.

lupercal wrote:I've seen plenty of people backpedal their online "CT" theories after a little intimidation. Doesn't take much. It happens a lot, even here.

Nice worldview ya got there. Be a shame if somethin' happened to it.
barracuda

Postby justdrew » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:00 pm

Lanza then drove his mother's car to Sandy Hook Elementary School.

ok. so probably there's no connection to Rodia I know of then. but his friends/family/room-mates little illegal gun ring is still interesting.
justdrew

Postby Canadian_watcher » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:28 pm

just a point that comes to mind...
small town
cop station has how many employees?
major disaster at elementary school
there are still cops pulling over speeders?

how many speeding tickets were given out, does anyone imagine, anywhere near Church and Vesey on Sept 11, 2001?

could be, of course, that the cop pulled rodia over because he was suspicious.... speeding away from a crime scene or something of that nature.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby barracuda » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:45 pm

The video that caused all the hubbub concerning Christopher Rodia is a recording of several radio feeds from a wide area which includes Newtown. One (1) of those feeds is the "Fairfield County Police, Fire and EMS" radio band, the archive of which I accessed at radioreference and posted upthread. According to radioreference, this band is a "Combined feed of lower Fairfield County, to include Greenwich, Stamford, Darien, New Canaan, Norwalk, and Troop G".

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=9921
barracuda

Postby lupercal » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:51 pm

^ the recording for what it's worth is as clear as a bell, and I posted a transcription of the relevant passage a few posts back (p. 20). Barracuda's / Spitfire's / C2W's garbled accounts make no sense, grammatical or otherwise, and bear little relation to what I heard, which, as I've said, is as clear as a bell, and identifies the owner of the Civic as Chris A. Rodia. Draw your own conclusions.
justdrew wrote:ok, so we don't _know_ who the shooters car was registered too? :starz:

Nothing's been "officially" reported about that?

I suspect we've gotten all the "official" information we're ever going to get, and it isn't much. It's also strangely contradictory and entirely insufficient for determining blame or guilt. Has anyone seen any photos of the crime scene, let alone the corpse, or that shot-out front door? I haven't. So in the absence of competent reporting, or until somebody actually looks up that license plate with the Alaska DMV, I'll go with what I heard. :shrug:
lupercal

Postby compared2what? » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:02 pm

lupercal wrote:
I suspect we've gotten all the "official" information we're ever going to get, and it isn't much. It's also strangely contradictory and entirely insufficient for determining blame or guilt. Has anyone seen any photos of the crime scene, let alone the corpse, or that shot-out front door? I haven't. So in the absence of competent reporting, or until somebody actually looks up that license plate with the Alaska DMV, I'll go with what I heard. :shrug:

FYI -- From an is-this-defamation standpoint, "I'll go with what I heard" is pretty much indistinguishable from "reckless disregard for the truth" when it comes to repeatedly naming someone in a context that implicates him in a mass homicide.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby lupercal » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:08 pm

^ I imagine somebody sent spitfire an e-mail very much like that. As I was saying. . .
lupercal

Postby compared2what? » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:12 pm

I mean, you wouldn't want to be Richard-Jewell-ing the guy, would you?
compared2what?

Postby compared2what? » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:13 pm

lupercal wrote:^ I imagine somebody sent spitfire an e-mail very much like that. As I was saying. . .

I REPEAT:

YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO BE RICHARD-JEWELL-ING THE GUY, WOULD YOU?

Pick up the fucking phone and make a few calls if you think you're on to something. Jesus fucking Christ.
compared2what?

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion