Maybe Some People Are Just Evil?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Maybe Some People Are Just Evil?

Postby brekin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:37 pm

Grizzly » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:47 am wrote:Every once in a while this place is outstandingly thought provoking... More so when Jeff was here, sad, but true.

Ya don't say.

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DrEvil » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:30 pm

^^That post has gone mysteriously missing. Moderator conspiracy? Slad up to her mystical forum hoodoo again?
Quick! To the altered mindsmobile!

I do believe that some people are born evil, or as close as you can get. Not in the "evil is a real thing" sense, but the "serious cross-wiring in the head" sense, AKA sociopaths.

I have to say that few things* scare me as much as the idea of a true sociopath. They're like malevolent entities wrapped in human skin pretending to be us, but inside there's nothing but darkness, and there's no way to cure them.
The only thing you achieve by trying to improve their condition is making them better at lying and manipulating people.
They're probably the closest thing to an alien encounter most of us will ever experience.

If we one day figure out how to cure adult sociopaths (not holding my breath. It would probably involve physically changing their brains against their will, which has a whole warren of ethical rabbit holes attached to it) it would be the ultimate punishment. Imagine waking up one day with a conscience and empathy and still remembering all the horrible shit you did.

*Motherfucking spiders!
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:50 pm

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Previous

Return to General Discussion